Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,586 members, 7,955,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:22 PM

Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? (25840 Views)

Is Drinking Alcohol A Sin? What Does The Bible Say? / Is Marrying A Non Christian Really Against Christiandom? / Is God Biaz (christiandom) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 09, 2018
sharpwriter:

Sir before you started arguing blindly let me highlight some part of the scriptures he posted with verse 22 and this time try to read with comprehensive understanding 1 Corinthians 11:20-21
[20]When ye come together therefore into one place,this is not to eat the Lord's supper.
[21]For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken. then verse 22 that clearly shows what Apostle Paul was talking about
22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you? Apostle Paul is not talking he was talking about people bringing their own food to the church to eat,something like love feast they do in some churches, that is why he stated it in verse 22 "don't you have ur house to eat and drink?" can Lord supper be done in individual houses? He also ask "and shame them that have not?" When did Lord supper become personal provision?. It is obvious we do read the Bible verse that support our claims and despise or misuse the one that didn't. Let us study the Bible comprehensively. 2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

1 Like

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Gullah: 8:39am On Apr 09, 2018
Alcohol in itself is not a sin but it's the excessive use of it that's a sin.
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by vchykp(m): 9:57am On Apr 09, 2018
addikt:

I am a Christian and I am not a king ..... so can I drink my alcohol in peace now ...

1 peter 2:9.. But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

All believers are kings (royal priest)
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Diamondsaint(m): 1:36pm On Aug 04, 2018
Please take note that Perfumes are also Alcoholic. so you should also forbid it. If u say no to palm wine, also say no to palm oil. good and bad can not come from the same source.
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 04, 2018
hisgrace090:
What goes into a man cannot destroy a man says our lord Jesus.

Alcohol is food but should not be taken in excess.
Man,go take concentrated acid,let's see how it goes !
And that's not the FULL quote of that Bible verse !

And lastly,Bible is not science that you change facts to fit your theory !!
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 04, 2018
Ifesinachi22:
There is no where in the Bible that has it clearly "Don't drink alcohol", Rather you will see things like Drunkards will not enter the kingdom of God.

Paul told Timothy to stop drinking water and drink wine instead because of his health.
Catholics use wine (May not be alcoholic) and holy communion together.
Finally Jesus turned water into wine which became the best wine in wedding.

Drinking alcohol is not a sin. Drinking in excess is what is a sin.
My humble opinion
From your theory,the water Jesus turned to wine,is an alcohol !
Now,is wine the same as alcohol ?
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 04, 2018
martineverest:
Pope Benedict ix drank beer at German beer festival last yr
Is the pope the STANDARD for heaven ?
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 04, 2018
Lexusgs430:
Water was turned into wine, it was written.....
Is wine the same as alcohol ?
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 04, 2018
ayoku777:
Alcohol is not a sin in scripture, getting drunk is what scripture rebukes.

Ephesians 5:18
[18] And BE NOT DRUNK with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

So alcohol is not a sin. Even the wine that was used by the early church for Holy communion was an alcoholic wine

1 Corinthians 11:20-21
[20]When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.

[21]For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.

Paul was rebuking some of the Corinthian believers for getting drunk on the communion wine. You can't get drunk on wine that is not alcoholic. So the Holy communion wine they used was alcoholic.

Shalom

You are very Right. I am a born again and I stopped taking alcohol not because it is a sin to take it but because of my health.

Many things have been taken into christiandom wrongly and they have become general beliefs.

One of these is Polygamy. The Bible is never against Polygamy
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 04, 2018
mvem:
...check the definition of Wine...All wines are alcoholic
Grapejuice ( wine) is an alcohol too ?.....
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by dorox(m): 2:36pm On Aug 04, 2018
Glycolysis:

Grape juice is not called wine until it gets fermented. Wine has always been a product of fermentation.

1 Like

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by hisgrace090: 2:37pm On Aug 04, 2018
Glycolysis:

Man,go take concentrated acid,let's see how it goes !
And that's not the FULL quote of that Bible verse !

And lastly,Bible is not science that you change facts to fit your theory !!

Concentrated acid cannot kill a man but the flesh.

Jesus talk about spiritual death which is eternal death.

He said fear not he who killed the flesh but he who can kill the flesh and the spirit. Sin can kill, poison cannot kill the spirit.

I'm waiting for your reply!
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by otiwisdom: 2:48pm On Aug 04, 2018
just because the Bible did not mention it does not mean it is not a sin. OK why not start drinking ACID since it was not written in the Bible.please don't allow the devil to deceive you just because you want to enjoy life
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Lexusgs430: 4:26pm On Aug 04, 2018
Glycolysis:

I think you have consumed too much wine /alcohol......
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by mvem(m): 6:55pm On Aug 04, 2018
Glycolysis:

...please knowledge is free...check the meaning of wine in the internet or ur dictionary...Wine is a alcoholic beverage derived from grapes why beer is alcholic beverage derive from fermenting cereals(wheat, rice, barley etc)....fruit juice is juice...but if na wine alcohol dey am even if its negligible

1 Like

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Lexusgs430: 8:18am On Aug 05, 2018
Glycolysis:

Are you referring to non alcoholic wine, palm wine or alcoholic wine?
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 05, 2018
mvem:
...please knowledge is free...check the meaning of wine in the internet or ur dictionary...Wine is a alcoholic beverage derived from grapes why beer is alcholic beverage derive from fermenting cereals(wheat, rice, barley etc)....fruit juice is juice...but if na wine alcohol dey am even if its negligible
Ok....
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 05, 2018
hisgrace090:

Concentrated acid cannot kill a man but the flesh.

Jesus talk about spiritual death which is eternal death.

He said fear not he who killed the flesh but he who can kill the flesh and the spirit. Sin can kill, poison cannot kill the spirit.

I'm waiting for your reply!

I made that comment earlier on,because you meant the literal interpretation..... To justify your stands...
Now,that you have gone spiritual ,great ! Which I guess you know the ground you just stood on..

An alcohol can't make you loss your relationship with God,right ?
Spiritual death entails losing relationship with God in truth & spirit ...
And you know ? Alcohol could do certainly that !
Now,what will be your perception when you go to a bar & see your very pastor preaching salvation taking alcohol ....
You said it's no big deal taking alcohol,right ? But in these situation,what will be your view of that pastor, again ?.... Don't live in self denial..

If your knew everything as a TRUE born again Christain,though I'm not one now ,yea,I can't lie about that,they what will the Holy spirit be teaching you ?....sex positions ?

The HOLY SPIRIT in you will certainly condemn you taking alcohol,even in small quantities ! I have being with TRUE men of God,and I know what am talking about ......not people trying to please men !
There preaching is very simple ; take God or hate me ! Youths !

Forget the moderation whatsoever,when you see a man who claims to be alright with God takes alcohol,YOUR CONSCIOUS,that's if you have any,will make your to certainly question his relationship with God ! Certainly !

I don't take ANY female preacher that wears trousers serious !She may claim it doesn't matter,but it actually does matter !! The same thing applicable to alcohol . Just even imagine your mentor in the lord ordering for Origin hard drink ! Wtf ?....

Your dressing,your choice of drink & the way you relate to people does count when you're in a TRUE relationship with God ! With God !! Not with god ( money,sex, fresh,fame,popularity & power )....

LET THE LINE BE DRAWN !!

Waiting your reply too ! cheesy
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 05, 2018
dorox:

Grape juice is not called wine until it gets fermented. Wine has always been a product of fermentation.

OK..
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by hisgrace090: 9:56am On Aug 05, 2018
Glycolysis:

I made that comment earlier on,because you meant the literal interpretation..... To justify your stands...
Now,that you have gone spiritual ,great ! Which I guess you know the ground you just stood on..

An alcohol can't make you loss your relationship with God,right ?
Spiritual death entails losing relationship with God in truth & spirit ...
And you know ? Alcohol could do certainly that !
Now,what will be your perception when you go to a bar & see your very pastor preaching salvation taking alcohol ....
You said it's no big deal taking alcohol,right ? But in these situation,what will be your view of that pastor, again ?.... Don't live in self denial..
Forget the moderation whatsoever,when you see a man who claims to be alright with God takes alcohol,YOUR CONSCIOUS,that's if you have any,will make your to certainly question his relationship with God ! Certainly !

I don't take ANY female preacher that wears trousers serious !She may claim it doesn't matter,but it actually does matter !! The same thing applicable to alcohol . Just even imagine your mentor in the lord ordering for Origin hard drink ! Wtf ?....

Your dressing,your choice of drink & the way you relate to people does count when you're in a TRUE relationship with God ! With God !! Not with god ( money,sex, fresh,fame,popularity & power )....

Waiting your reply too ! cheesy

If I see my pastor drinking alchogolic I will see him as one taking drink not a drunckard and thank God for giving him something to drink.

Stop judging with food and drink you can only advice people to be moderate on them.

See , roman 14:1-5, Colossians 2:16-17, and also eph 5:18 ask us not to get drunk with excess wine.
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 05, 2018
hisgrace090:

If I see my pastor drinking alchogolic I will see him as one taking drink not a drunckard and thank God for giving him something to drink.

Stop judging with food and drink you can only advice people to be moderate on them.

See , roman 14:1-5, Colossians 2:16-17, and also eph 5:18 ask us not to get drunk with excess wine.

K

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by hisgrace090: 10:06am On Aug 05, 2018
Glycolysis:

K

No, raise a point about those three bible passages.
If we will go against them let me know.
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by UtuokeAlcoholic: 10:22am On Aug 05, 2018
This question is supposed to be directed to one Ogogoro man in Otuoke. He is in the best position to answer.
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 05, 2018
hisgrace090:

No, raise a point about those three bible passages.
If we will go against them let me know.
We will not agree on whatsoever point we raise here.....
You said it doesn't matter ,even in small quantities, right ?.....
The same way you will say putting on truoser does not matter, right ?

We can never agree on these ! We can't...
But I still ask myself these questions & to people that sees certain things as "normal " in the spiritual relationship with God ..

IF YOU KNEW EVERYTHING ABOUT GOD & THE WAY TO WORSHIP HIM,WHY THE NEED FOR A HOLY SPIRIT THAT WILL TEACH ,COMFORT & GUIDE YOU IN A WALK WITH GOD ?......

One thing I'm certain of is these,you,yes,you,is not having the Holyspirit in You !...
You don't have a TRUE relationship with God !
Yes,you heard me right.....neither do I.
I won't try to convince you here,the Holy spirit does that.....
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by OmoEpe(m): 10:56am On Aug 05, 2018
Zinny25:
Some of you are turning the scriptures upside down.. Jesus turned water into wine, the Bible didn't say alcoholic wine. Let your conscience be the judge here, a true Christian shouldn't take any alcoholic drink.

Interesting!!! The chairman of the feast told the groom that you don't serve such sweet tasting wine at the end of a feast but at the beginning (Jesus's wine) so after they are drunk (tipsy) you now serve the initial wine which wasn't as sweet

The question is: IF JESUS'S WINE WAS NON ALCOHOLIC WHY WOULD THE OCCASION CHAIRMAN SAY AFTER THEY ARE DRUNK ON IT

Let's be careful lest we become holier than God Himself. Alcohol has NEVER being and ISN'T a sin. It is heresy of the highest order. Even Jesus our Lord and Saviour drank wine (alcohol) and the bible records that He knew no sin.

Alcohol isn't a sin
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by hisgrace090: 11:58am On Aug 05, 2018
Glycolysis:

We will not agree on whatsoever point we raise here.....
You said it doesn't matter ,even in small quantities, right ?.....
The same way you will say putting on truoser does not matter, right ?

We can never agree on these ! We can't...
But I still ask myself these questions & to people that sees certain things as "normal " in the spiritual relationship with God ..

IF YOU KNEW EVERYTHING ABOUT GOD & THE WAY TO WORSHIP HIM,WHY THE NEED FOR A HOLY SPIRIT THAT WILL TEACH ,COMFORT & GUIDE YOU IN A WALK WITH GOD ?......

One thing I'm certain of is these,you,yes,you,is not having the Holyspirit in You !...
You don't have a TRUE relationship with God !
Yes,you heard me right.....neither do I.
I won't try to convince you here,the Holy spirit does that.....

the holy spirit guids you with what is in the bible not otherwise.
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Ifesinachi22(m): 8:39am On Aug 06, 2018
Glycolysis:

From your theory,the water Jesus turned to wine,is an alcohol !
Now,is wine the same as alcohol ?

There are some alcoholic wines. The Bible didn't indicate whether it's alcoholic or not.
But an average Christian believes the wine to be alcoholic.
I stand to be corrected
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Emyben(m): 2:12pm On Mar 28, 2019
Ifesinachi22:
There is no where in the Bible that has it clearly "Don't drink alcohol", Rather you will see things like Drunkards will not enter the kingdom of God.

Paul told Timothy to stop drinking water and drink wine instead because of his health.
Catholics use wine (May not be alcoholic) and holy communion together.
Finally Jesus turned water into wine which became the best wine in wedding.

Drinking alcohol is not a sin. Drinking in excess is what is a sin.
My humble opinion

Actually, the Catholic Eucharistic wine is alcoholic. Its made from fermented Vine.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Muslim Dad Dumps Newborn Baby In Toilet Because Mother Is Christian In Adamawa / 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit / Kayan Mata Will Give You Cancer, Death – Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.