Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,941 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mothers And Mothers Everywhere - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mothers And Mothers Everywhere (12444 Views)

Mothering Sunday: Today Is Mother's Day, Celebrate Your Mom! / Happy Mothering Sunday! / Happy Mothering Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mothers And Mothers Everywhere by Pilate2016(m): 11:38am On Apr 08, 2018
thatcbnguy:
So catholic's mothers' day is different?
Bullshit
Stop hate and always learn.
1) Mothers Day - 2nd Sunday in May (US & many other countries).
2) Mothering Sunday (Anglican, Catholic & many European countries) - 4th Sunday of Lent.
3) Mothering Sunday (some Catholic churches including Nigeria) - Sunday after Easter
4) International Women's Day (Russia & United Nations) - March 8
(

3 Likes

Re: Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mothers And Mothers Everywhere by Pilate2016(m): 11:39am On Apr 08, 2018
biomustry:
Other Christians nko
Confused

2) Mothering Sunday (Anglican, Catholic & many European countries) - 4th Sunday of Lent.
3) Mothering Sunday (some Catholic churches including Nigeria) - Sunday after Easter
(
Re: Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mothers And Mothers Everywhere by Pilate2016(m): 11:39am On Apr 08, 2018
bamosagie:
How many mothers day do we have in a year?!

Several
(
Re: Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mothers And Mothers Everywhere by kerryiyke(m): 11:48am On Apr 08, 2018
canalily:
When will they celebrate their own easterembarassed their own Jesus de different?

The Easter u just celebrated was a CATHOLIC easter, so lemme rephrase ur question "WHEN WILL YOU CELEBRATE YOUR EASTER?"

3 Likes

Re: Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mothers And Mothers Everywhere by Nickymezor(f): 11:49am On Apr 08, 2018
Happy mother's day to all wonderful mother's here. MOTHER'S ARE INDEED SUPREME.( NNEKA)
Re: Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mothers And Mothers Everywhere by canalily(m): 11:51am On Apr 08, 2018
Zonacom:

Mumu! The Easter you celebrate is dictated by the Catholic church
zombi, idiot, mbecile, effigy of gorilla, devil's advocate...
Re: Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mothers And Mothers Everywhere by canalily(m): 11:53am On Apr 08, 2018
Earthbound:

Ogbeni wake up.
ogbanje, mamaid, mamaiwota, zehus, keep waking nd dont sleep again
Re: Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mothers And Mothers Everywhere by canalily(m): 11:55am On Apr 08, 2018
kerryiyke:

The Easter u just celebrated was a CATHOLIC easter, so lemme rephrase ur question "WHEN WILL YOU CELEBRATE YOUR EASTER?"
make ur own question dear questioner
Re: Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mothers And Mothers Everywhere by arohgop(f): 12:00pm On Apr 08, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Happy mothering Sunday first of all to my mom.
Walahi, if I was born and discovered you weren't my mom, I'd punch that other mom in the face.

Thank you for raising me.
Thank you for not being a slaymom.
I still bear a grudge against you sha for not being a lesbian.

Then happy mothering Sunday to the mothers of my kids.
Then happy mothering Sunday to the mothers out there.
Then happy mothering Sunday to the men making these women mothers.
nna na WA for you o
Re: Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mothers And Mothers Everywhere by Aeman(m): 12:31pm On Apr 08, 2018
Hapi mothering sunday to you mom wishing u all the best,
Re: Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mothers And Mothers Everywhere by naptu2: 12:34pm On Apr 08, 2018
trustyshoess:
Nigerians sef, pick one mothers day and stick to it. Y'all celebrate the British one, the Catholic one and then you will still see "happy mothers day " during the American one

All the celebrations are international, so there's no reason to pick one.

Mother's Day started in the United States and is now celebrated around the world.

Mothering Sunday began as a Christian tradition and it is celebrated around the world (especially by Anglicans and Catholics).

Some churches, including the Catholic Church in Nigeria, celebrate Mothering Sunday on the first Sunday after Easter because they do not engage in merry making and celebrations during lent.

International Women's Day began in Russia, but it was adopted by the United Nations in the 1970s and is now celebrated around the world.

naptu2:

2) Mothering Sunday (Anglican, Catholic & many Christian countries) - 4th Sunday of Lent.

1 Like

Re: Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mothers And Mothers Everywhere by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 08, 2018
Shey na everyday be mothers day?
Re: Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mothers And Mothers Everywhere by mylove4God(f): 1:12pm On Apr 08, 2018
Happy mothers day to my mother and all mothers in the world, also to fathers who also the role of mother to their children or ward.
Speaking from experience, I there are some men who have done virtually every a mother can do for her children apart from giving birth to them.
Re: Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mothers And Mothers Everywhere by clerkent(m): 1:25pm On Apr 08, 2018
Since i lost my mum to the cold hands of death way back 1999.you have assume the role perfectly,i say happy mothers day to you my little sister maryjane.God over bless you and your family.

1 Like

Re: Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mothers And Mothers Everywhere by egojeny1(f): 2:25pm On Apr 08, 2018
BossladyAfrica:
Ndi nne maama!!!

I sokwa!!!

1 Like

Re: Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mothers And Mothers Everywhere by labelle123(f): 2:30pm On Apr 08, 2018
Happy mother's day to you my lovely Mum love you.
Re: Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mothers And Mothers Everywhere by nnewa: 3:24pm On Apr 08, 2018
Happy Mother's Day.. Especially as it falls on this year's Mercy Sunday. May all mothers enjoy a memorable celebration with their beloved ones. Thank God for the heart of a mother

1 Like

Re: Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mothers And Mothers Everywhere by itsene: 3:38pm On Apr 08, 2018
Divine Mercy Sunday.
In memory of canonized Sister Faustina Kowalska of Vilnius.
Abundant grace to all who confess , renounce their sins and seek God's mercy.
Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah.

1 Like

Re: Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mothers And Mothers Everywhere by lurther: 3:42pm On Apr 08, 2018
happy Mothers day to my lovely mom.
Re: Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mothers And Mothers Everywhere by Chinagurum1995(m): 7:00pm On Apr 08, 2018
Happy Mother's day too all my Catholic Mothers wherever they are. grin wink cheesy smiley

1 Like

Re: Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mothers And Mothers Everywhere by CioAngels(f): 9:09pm On Apr 08, 2018
bamosagie:
Pentecostals came and branched off from the known mother's day, yet, Christians claims to be of one body in Christ. Hypocrisy i should say.
Re: Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mothers And Mothers Everywhere by Nobody: 12:48am On Apr 09, 2018
bamosagie:
The first mothering Sunday were held by Anglicans, Methodist, Presbyterian and other Orthodox churches. It is held 4th Sunday in lent season worldwide.
Re: Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mothers And Mothers Everywhere by Nobody: 12:49am On Apr 09, 2018
biomustry:
Other Christians nko
Confused
You can choose any day to celebrate your mum. Other Christians will celebrate their by May 13th 2018.
Re: Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mothers And Mothers Everywhere by Nobody: 12:53am On Apr 09, 2018
SAMBARRY:
How many days in the year IS mother's day? shocked

Fathers day nko?

I understand that there are many dead beat fathers both old and young but we still have some GOOD fathers.Please let's celebrate them too.

THERE are a lot of men who are as good as dead to their wives and children but lets celebrate them too.maybe if we call cow "broda" it will give us road to pass.maybe if we celebrate the fathers MORE,they'll start being more of fathers than sperm detonators and distributors.let us make more of men and less of wild bull dogs please by celebrating fathers as much as we celebrate mothers
Don't worry father's day is third Sunday of June. Unlike mother's day, many churches celebrate father's day same day worldwide. This year father's day is June 17th 2018

1 Like

Re: Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mothers And Mothers Everywhere by Nobody: 12:56am On Apr 09, 2018
naptu2:
1) Mothers Day (US & many other countries). - 2nd Sunday in May.

2) Mothering Sunday (Anglican, Catholic & many Christian countries) - 4th Sunday of Lent.

You are absolutely correct
Re: Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mothers And Mothers Everywhere by Nobody: 12:58am On Apr 09, 2018
thatcbnguy:
Bullshit
Copied from Naptu2
) Mothers Day (US & many other countries). - 2nd Sunday in May.

Re: Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mothers And Mothers Everywhere by UbiPetrus: 7:27am On Apr 09, 2018
Zonacom:

Mumu! The Easter you celebrate is dictated by the Catholic church
The guy mumu na classic mumu.
Re: Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mothers And Mothers Everywhere by UbiPetrus: 7:28am On Apr 09, 2018
thatcbnguy:
Bullshit
Release the poison in your heart.
Re: Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mothers And Mothers Everywhere by UbiPetrus: 7:31am On Apr 09, 2018
kerryiyke:

Nice response. The illiterate didn't know. The bitter poison of hatred has rendered him unreasonable.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service / Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important / Are Large/Mega-churches Biblical? How Large Is A Church Supposed To Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.