Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) - Literature (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) (426203 Views)

KINGS 3(7 Days Of Chaos) / KINGS 2(battleground) / Last Gang Standing 2: Killers and Fallen Kings.(Crime). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Silver1996(m): 12:34pm On Nov 04, 2018
kelvincoke:
join me with this small thing. anybody with soft drink, make he support God's work.

Nice catch... How dem take kill am.. Na trap...?
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Silver1996(m): 12:57pm On Nov 04, 2018
KINGS
EPISODE 153

A JARRING PROSTRATION WRECK THROUGH FRANCIS...... Taka's words echoed in his head...... "You killed them..... "he muttered.. Stroked in his mouth....

Taka jut his chin... That horrific moment creep into his head... ....

The moment the king pronounced his banishment.. He knew he had to do it or he will regret for the rest of his life.... So he had hid himself in the bush.. Calculating... Weighing the pros and cons of how he was going to get revenge.....

For days he serach for the murderers who had destroyed his life..... It wasn't long before he saw them in an uncompleted building smoking..... He knew he stood no chance if he should latched on them at once... So he waited until they were seperated... One by one... He visited them.. Giving them the most painful and worse death ever.........."Yes......"he replied with clenched teeth....

Francis quickly crunch down on the ground.... His thoughts fixated on how he was going to avenge his father's dead... He was alone..no father.. No brother... No one to call family..... just like Taka....

The loud cheen.. Chirping sound of the birds echoed in his ears... Slowly he open his eyes.. His head lean on his palm.... He blink registering where he was......

He quickly sprang up... He scan his eyes around.... He was still here.. He can't believe he actually slept here.. In this hut...this bush..... He snort.. A sluggish yawn followed.... He blink again... The birds in the trees tweeting probably reminding him it was morning and it was time to leave... To go home....

He took a deep drag....his head brood over his late night discussion with Taka... He quickly spun around.....

Shock engulf him when he didn't find Taka....
Worry sinking in... He trotted out from the hut.... The early morning sunrise beeming its rays into his eyes.......

"Taka..... "He shouted.... His voice echoing in the bush.....

"Taka.... "he shouted again.... And the birds replied with their loud noise in the trees branches

He exhales wondering where he could have gone.. Different questions began to bubble up in his head.... Taka might have left without him.....

He quivered at the thought of it...
He emit skeptical of the possibility of it......
He went back into the hut.... He snort.... Flexed his fingers.... With gritted teeth.. He sat back on the floor.... Thinking of answers to the questions battling in his head....

He place his hand on his knee... The thought of home creep in......... He has been yearning for revenge for a long time.... He flashed back on Taka's story... If Taka can do it despite the suffering... The unspeakable trauma he went through.... He can do it....

It was a promise he made to himself and he will see to that promise even if it's the last thing he does.... Those chiefs must pay... For what they did to his father.. To his brother.. His mother and himself.....

Tears burst its way out of his eyes... That horrific moment of his father creeping in his own blood.... Telling them to run made it's way into his head... A fierce anger raved through him... The enormity of it overwhelming him.... Settling into every part of him to the very deep end of his soul......

He wipe off the tear... Drying up every bit of it.. He should be strong.... With that motivation.. He stood up... Bounce out of the hut..... With a loud voice... He shouted.... "TAKA"

He shudder when he heard a sound.... Then the birds chirping tweeting.. Twinning sound accompany it.....

He puff looking around....... Then he came to a conclusion he was gone.. Left him there......

With a deep drag...... He slapped the sand from his body.. His hair then he begin to make his way out of the bush.... The path they had followed when they came........

He shivered.. His heart pumping rapidly when he heard footsteps.. Approaching... A bit closer... The bushes crunching down with the force of his hands.... He took a closer look... Then he sigh.. A sigh of relief when the person came into sight.. Into the light.....

"Where did you go.....? He scowled....

"To get this...... "Taka said flaunting the money in his front....

"Money.....! Francis exclaimed with open mouth.. Surprise coated in his voice........"Where did you get it.. I thought you said you had no money.....?he added recalling his words...

"Yes i had no money...... "Taka replied with clenched teeth.... He puff folding the money in his hand..... "You were right... We should have begged someone to lay our head in their house last night.... "

Francis snort.. Wondering how his question is related to his answer... Then it occurred to him..... "Let me guess... You begged for this money.... "

"I didn't really beg.... I mean not the way you are putting it..... "He gritted... Then he knit his brow at Francis stare.... "Alright fine... I begged for the money... From three houses.... "

Francis exhales then he crossed his hands across his chest...... "So how much did you get....? He ask curiously, hoping and praying it's enough to take them to Akpatu...... "It's enough money to transport us to the land of milk and honey.... "Taka blared out as if he was reading Francis thought.... "And enough will be left to get ourselves a house for a month.., I think.... "

Francis sniff at his stench of his own shirt..... He wonder if it was his body stinking or the clothes...... "So what's in that bag? He said pointing to the bag he kept on the floor the moment they saw each other....

"Oh....! He pick up the bag and tossed it to him...

Curiosity fixed in his head... Francis opened the bag....Stupefaction grip him when he saw what was inside..... "Clothes...!

"And shoes....... "Taka added..... "Just incase you didn't see the shoes..... "He added jokingly.....

Francis nib his lip..... But didn't say anything...

"Some good Samaritan boy offered me his clothes since of course mine were burnt along with the house,all thanks to the dead chief........

"Dead chief.....! Francis interjects.. Consternation in his voice...

Taka whistled....knit his brows..... Then he bug his eyes at him.... "Yeah something like that..... "

"You killed the chief.....?Francis boom out.. A jarring prostration sinking deep in him...

"I didn't kill him... I only did to him what he did to granny and pappy.... "

"So you killed him and burnt his house....... "Francis said more calm in his voice

"I only killed him... Burn his house... No..... ,And is something i will regret for the rest of my life since you've reminded me....... "He swallowed hard.. Turn away his gaze then turn back to face him......"Do you think it's too late to go back and burn the house?

Francis didn't reply, he just stood motionless staring at him... Questions bubbling up in his head.... His inner mind whispering to him he has met the devil himself.......

With furious eyes Pious quickly cancelled Odumodu's name from the list........ "Seven more to go.... "he muttered......

"What you did was reckless Pious, you would have put this whole plan in jeopardy if he hasn't died...... "Zuru raved.....

"I know what i did uncle.... "Pious replied then he spun round to face him....... "Did you really think i had no plan to face what was supposed to come next.... ?

"This isn't about your plan... This was you hitting a snag on what we've worked on for five years.... The chiefs already suspect you are Pious... You making it so obvious would have ruined everything..."

"Those men locked up my mother in a basement of a house like an animal for God knows how long...i was angry.... Furious....

"Your lack of control for your anger would have ruined everything...... If we are going to succeed... You have to keep your anger in check.... "With that he left him there.....

Pious groaned.. Rage swimming in his eyes he hit the wall........The thoughts of his mother sank into his head.... Just then tears came flushing out....

With furrowed brows the chiefs gathered at Carlos house.. Each wondering in his mind who could be sending a threat letter to them.... For a moment the seven of them just sat.. Each glancing at each other.. Then finally Chief Mayo.. The unwanted man in the group broke The silence .......

"We need to do something about this girl.... "He said....

Some of them gave him a hard look... Each recalling the sad news of Odumodu's death.....

"Could Carter be responsible for this......? Chief Joseph boom out after a careful dwelling on the recent happenings..... His arrival to the community.... Odumodu's death and now a death threat from someone who claims she saw them killed the king five years ago....

"It can't be him....."Buzo said still skeptical.....

"You think it's a coincidence...... "Chief Joseph boom out... Exasperation in his voice...... "Everything has been happening upon his arrival ....our Friend Odumodu is dead..... Then someone claiming she saw us sent us a threat letter.... We all know besides the princes.., Nobody saw us that night..... "

"Am in support of Joseph statement..... "Chief Azuka said........ "I think he is Pious..... "

"Ted said he killed him.... The small foolish one jumped into the ogini river of which we know no one survives on.... "Chief Buzo said

"So are you saying he came back from the grave.... ?"Chief Joseph retorted....

"What am saying is.. He isn't Pious but Ferico Carter... His background story proves that.... "Buzo said back...

Chief Joseph grunts... Then he fix his eyes somewhere else.. Rage licking through him...

"So if it isn't him.. Who else saw us that night.....? Chief Azuka ask anxiously

"Yes who else......? Chief Marcus supported.....

Carlos swallowed hard...he glance at his watch...... "We still have a little time before the 24hours elapses..... We need to find her.... "

"Find.....! Chief Ayu cut in..... "We don't even know her....... How are we suppose to find her...... ?

"We have a computer man... He can trace the number.. The location she's calling from..... "Carlos said.... "I believe we will get our girl before the end of the 24hours..........."

"We can only trace the number only when she calls again..... "Chief Mayo said...

Carlos puff...... "She's going to call again.... "

"We need that bitch dead whoever she is...... "Chief Joseph latched out

Just then Carlos phone began to ring again... He look at the phone.. It was beside him... A wry smile curve his lips when he saw the number...... "She's calling again..... "

"Give me the phone let me talk to her..... "Chief Joseph demanded....

Chief Carlos didn't bother answering him.... He snort then he answered the call...... "Calling so soon.... "He muttered...

There was silence on the other end then the ferminine voice came up....... "Why haven't you done what i ask....?

Carlos scoffs.... "We still have time before the 24hours run out...."

"Well i don't have time.... "The voice retorted.......

"We didn't do anything bad five years ago so whoever you are, you must be mistaken us for some group of men..... "Carlos said.... He frown when he heard the low chulkled on the voice......

"I wasn't joking when i told you and the rest of the chiefs what i want.... So wherever you are, why don't you get up and rushed to your house... There is a surprise waiting for you outside....... "

Shock swept through Carlos.... With the words he stood up.. Then the call drop dead......

"What is wrong.......?

Chief Buzo ask shapily......

Just then Ted rushed in...

"What's going on Ted....? Carlos ask....

"You need to see this.... "Ted said...

With that.. They all rushed outside.... At the gate they saw bunch of reporters and journalist...... Some began to flash cameras in their faces upon seeing them.....

"Chief, There is a rumour going on that you know what happened to the late king five years ago.. Is that true..... ?A reporter boom out from the gate....

The reporters struggled to make their way in but Carlos thugs kept pushing them back.....

"What happened five years ago chief? A male reporter blared out.....

Rage creeping into every part of his body... Carlos growled... Then his phone began to ring again.. Without hesitation he pick up the call....... "What nonsense are you up to.....? He growled with firece energy.........."What are you telling people..... ?

"The truth......! "the voice retorted....

"What damn truth..... "Carlos groan..... "I will crush you like a fly...... "

"You still have time to confess what you did at the station.... "The voice said...... More serious in her tone..... "You and the rest of the chiefs have five hours left to confess else the next surprise you are going to see is a video in the news station of you and the rest of the chiefs killing the late king..... ...."

With those words the call ended...

A rankling vexation swept through Carlos.... Anger swallowed him up.. Taking control... With furious eyes he went in and the rest chiefs followed..... The reporters voices shouting in their ears

"We can't take this nonsense anymore..... "Chief Joseph snarled infuriated...

Carlos growled... Rage flashing through his eyes.......... "King Godfrey is dead but his shadow is still alive....."

"Extremely ballistic... He pick up the bottle of wine from the table and smashed it on the wall.....
The bottle broke... The wine splashed out... The broken pieces scattered everywhere........... The walls of the house felt the fierce wrath........their growled... Their rage... The instinct to kill sunk in taking refuge........the bloodiest stage of acrimony......

WILL PLANS GO WELL......?, OR THEY WILL GO WRONG..... LETTING ALL HELL BREAK LOSE..

TBC

sorry for the late update....

Pls remenber to drop a comment for me after reading

Tnks

6 Likes

Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by kikiwendy(f): 1:14pm On Nov 04, 2018
This is interesting and I'm so scared now
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Folashadee(f): 1:15pm On Nov 04, 2018
thumbs up but I am scared oooo
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by kelvincoke(m): 1:51pm On Nov 04, 2018
Silver1996:

Nice catch... How dem take kill am.. Na trap...?

u go fear the killer, na the guy dey the pix background dey look like innocent person.. na machete he use kill ham though. this thing can run for Africa if u spot ham and he see u.. funny part be say, I no see anything chop for the meat....

nice update brotherly
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Hamid7(m): 2:11pm On Nov 04, 2018
Revenge mission is stepping-up, When Francis arrives, it will be hot.
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Ann2012(f): 2:54pm On Nov 04, 2018
I'm loving the development

Thanks for the update OP
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Deskido: 3:17pm On Nov 04, 2018
Always on point bro,keep it up...Time for the chiefs to pay.
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Mavikolo2020: 3:56pm On Nov 04, 2018
Am scared for Claude if she is the voice
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Silver1996(m): 3:57pm On Nov 04, 2018
grin grin
kikiwendy:
This is interesting and I'm so scared now
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Silver1996(m): 3:57pm On Nov 04, 2018
grin cheesy
Folashadee:
thumbs up
but I am scared oooo
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Silver1996(m): 3:59pm On Nov 04, 2018
grin grin
kelvincoke:

u go fear the killer, na the guy dey the pix background dey look like innocent person.. na machete he use kill ham though. this thing can run for Africa if u spot ham and he see u.. funny part be say, I no see anything chop for the meat....

nice update brotherly
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Silver1996(m): 3:59pm On Nov 04, 2018
Hamid7:
Revenge mission is stepping-up, When Francis arrives, it will be hot.

Much luv bro
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Silver1996(m): 4:00pm On Nov 04, 2018
Ann2012:
I'm loving the development

Thanks for the update OP

U welcome dear
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Silver1996(m): 4:00pm On Nov 04, 2018
Deskido:
Always on point bro,keep it up...Time for the chiefs to pay.

Na so.... wink
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Silver1996(m): 4:02pm On Nov 04, 2018
grin grin
Mavikolo2020:
Am scared for Claude if she is voice
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Evold: 4:23pm On Nov 04, 2018
Akpatu will be on fire everyone is uping their game
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Hollysaint: 4:49pm On Nov 04, 2018
Thanks silver1996 for the update.You have me addicted to this story.. cheesy
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by purity23(f): 6:52pm On Nov 04, 2018
God am scared, this chiefs are dangerous especially evil Carlos
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Silver1996(m): 7:00pm On Nov 04, 2018
Evold:

grin

Brotherly

Much love man
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Silver1996(m): 7:01pm On Nov 04, 2018
Hollysaint:
Thanks silver1996 for the update.You have me addicted to this story.. cheesy

You welcome bro

Much love
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Silver1996(m): 7:02pm On Nov 04, 2018
purity23:
God am scared, this chiefs are dangerous especially evil Carlos

Why are you scared cheesy
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by egwolopretty: 7:09pm On Nov 04, 2018
Silver1996:
KINGS
EPISODE 153

With furrowed brows the chiefs gathered at Carlos house.. Each wondering in his mind who could be sending a threat letter to them.... For a moment the seven of them just sat.. Each glancing at each other.. Then finally Chief Mayo.. The unwanted man in the group broke The silence .......

"We need to do something about this girl.... "He said....

Some of them gave him a hard look... Each recalling the sad news of Odumodu's death.....

"Could Carter be responsible for this......? Chief Joseph boom out after a careful dwelling on the recent happenings..... His arrival to the community.... Odumodu's death and now a death threat from someone who claims she saw them killed the king five years ago....

"It can't be him....."Buzo said still skeptical.....

"You think it's a coincidence...... "Chief Joseph boom out... Exasperation in his voice...... "Everything has been happening upon his arrival ....our Friend Odumodu is dead..... Then someone claiming she saw us sent us a threat letter.... We all know besides the princes.., Nobody saw us that night..... "

"Am in support of Joseph statement..... "Chief Azuka said........ "I think he is Pious..... "

"Ted said he killed him.... The small foolish one jumped into the ogini river of which we know no one survives on.... "Chief Buzo said

"So are you saying he came back from the grave.... ?"Chief Joseph retorted....

"What am saying is.. He isn't Pious but Ferico Carter... His background story proves that.... "Buzo said back...

Chief Joseph grunts... Then he fix his eyes somewhere else.. Rage licking through him...

"So if it isn't him.. Who else saw us that night.....? Chief Azuka ask anxiously

"Yes who else......? Chief Marcus supported.....

Carlos swallowed hard...he glance at his watch...... "We still have a little time before the 24hours elapses..... We need to find her.... "

"Find.....! Chief Ayu cut in..... "We don't even know her....... How are we suppose to find her...... ?

"We have a computer man... He can trace the number.. The location she's calling from..... "Carlos said.... "I believe we will get our girl before the end of the 24hours..........."

"We can only trace the number only when she calls again..... "Chief Mayo said...

Carlos puff...... "She's going to call again.... "

"We need that bitch dead whoever she is...... "Chief Joseph latched out

Just then Carlos phone began to ring again... He look at the phone.. It was beside him... A wry smile curve his lips when he saw the number...... "She's calling again..... "

"Give me the phone let me talk to her..... "Chief Joseph demanded....

Chief Carlos didn't bother answering him.... He snort then he answered the call...... "Calling so soon.... "He muttered...

There was silence on the other end then the ferminine voice came up....... "Why haven't you done what i ask....?

Carlos scoffs.... "We still have time before the 24hours run out...."

"Well i don't have time.... "The voice retorted.......

"We didn't do anything bad five years ago so whoever you are, you must be mistaken us for some group of men..... "Carlos said.... He frown when he heard the low chulkled on the voice......

"I wasn't joking when i told you and the rest of the chiefs what i want.... So wherever you are, why don't you get up and rushed to your house... There is a surprise waiting for you outside....... "

Shock swept through Carlos.... With the words he stood up.. Then the call drop dead......

"What is wrong.......?

Chief Buzo ask shapily......

Just then Ted rushed in...

"What's going on Ted....? Carlos ask....

"You need to see this.... "Ted said...

With that.. They all rushed outside.... At the gate they saw bunch of reporters and journalist...... Some began to flash cameras in their faces upon seeing them.....

"Chief, There is a rumour going on that you know what happened to the late king five years ago.. Is that true..... ?A reporter boom out from the gate....

The reporters struggled to make their way in but Carlos thugs kept pushing them back.....

"What happened five years ago chief? A male reporter blared out.....

Rage creeping into every part of his body... Carlos growled... Then his phone began to ring again.. Without hesitation he pick up the call....... "What nonsense are you up to.....? He growled with firece energy.........."What are you telling people..... ?

"The truth......! "the voice retorted....

"What damn truth..... "Carlos groan..... "I will crush you like a fly...... "

"You still have time to confess what you did at the station.... "The voice said...... More serious in her tone..... "You and the rest of the chiefs have five hours left to confess else the next surprise you are going to see is a video in the news station of you and the rest of the chiefs killing the late king..... ...."

With those words the call ended...

A rankling vexation swept through Carlos.... Anger swallowed him up.. Taking control... With furious eyes he went in and the rest chiefs followed..... The reporters voices shouting in their ears

"We can't take this nonsense anymore..... "Chief Joseph snarled infuriated...

Carlos growled... Rage flashing through his eyes.......... "King Godfrey is dead but his shadow is still alive....."

"Extremely ballistic... He pick up the bottle of wine from the table and smashed it on the wall.....
The bottle broke... The wine splashed out... The broken pieces scattered everywhere........... The walls of the house felt the fierce wrath........their growled... Their rage... The instinct to kill sunk in taking refuge........the bloodiest stage of acrimony......

This is the beginning of the end of the chiefs

kudos silver
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Risingstar2020(f): 7:22pm On Nov 04, 2018
If the voice is Claude, she needs to be careful o, too much of everything can be disastrous
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Mavikolo2020: 7:25pm On Nov 04, 2018
Evold:

I dey tell you
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Mavikolo2020: 7:27pm On Nov 04, 2018
Where Silver self, he don go sunday gbadun? grin
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Elohobaby: 8:01pm On Nov 04, 2018
Thanks for d update silver, I can't wait to c d end of the Chief, especially Carlos...
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 04, 2018
Thank you Silver. I love you much more kiss
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by adeodunsimilolu(f): 8:25pm On Nov 04, 2018
Silver, serve us hot
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Eberechi24(f): 8:37pm On Nov 04, 2018
Pinkberry5:
Thank you Silver. I love you much more kiss
stay away from my love angry tongue

Am loving this update, this movie just getstarted

1 Like

Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Mtsani00243(m): 10:48pm On Nov 04, 2018
Hey silver don't dare let anything bad happens to king Godfrey family even his pitied wife.
Infact good work.
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Silver1996(m): 11:35pm On Nov 04, 2018
KINGS
EPISODE 154

WITH A PALE FACE RITA LOOK AT HER PHONE RINGING BESIDE HER..she glance at the caller... She sigh when she noticed it was James... She quickly turn away her gaze. He wouldn't stop calling.... She remembered who she had saw in his house.. It was probably his girlfriend... He had a girlfriend and he never told her....

She jut her chin embarrassed at her own outburst...
She knew she shouldn't have left like that but she couldn't take it... She loves him and seeing another girl... With only a towel tied round her body in his house made her heart sanked....

She insufflate when the phone stopped ringing.. She bit her lip and wrap her hands around the pillow .....
Her room was small... Not as fancy as a girl's room is supposed to be.... But she liked it that way.... They were poor though chief Mayo had put a bridge on their level of poverty... They.. She was grateful to him...

With a huff she brood over the chief's awkward proposal..... She wonder why the chief will ever think she will marry him....
She change her sleeping position.... With her head facing up.. She reclined her back on the bed....

Her phone begin to ring again.. She stare at the caller it was James again ... She rolled her eyes contemplating if she should answer the call or not.....

Before she could make a decision.. Her room door open... She quickly glance at the door.... She made a low sigh when she realise it was her mum.......

"Someone is waiting for you outside...... "

"Who....? She ask anxiously...

Her mother bug her lips...... Flashing back on what he has told her... "Don't tell her am the one... "were the words that keeps ringing in her head... With a shrug shoulder she lied..... "I don't know.... "

Rita nib her lip when the phone call ended... With curiosity she sprang up from the bed.. And trot her way outside.....

Shock engulf her when she saw him standing in the threshold of their house..... She swallowed hard wondering why her mother had lied to her.....

"Hi.... "James muttered with clenched teeth... His phone still in his hand

The memory of who she had saw in his house keeps flooding back into her head..... She took a deep breathe... She wonder what was wrong with her.. Why does she keep thinking about him..... About the girl she had seem... It wasn't her business... They weren't dating.....

"You haven't been picking my calls.... "James spoke up again when she didn't reply to his first word.....

She gritted and folded her hands across her chest.. She thought of an excuse to give him.. She can't tell him she hasn't been picking his call because she was... angry with him.. Angry for no reason..... "I was busy.... "She said impetuously.....

He puff... His own thoughts about her devouring him... Making him restless..... "I wanted to explain what....

"you know what..... "She interjects..... "There is really no need for that.... I should be apologizing........ "She snort.... "It wasn't right to walk out like out... I acted...

"You didn't do anything that was wrong.... "he cut in.. The enormity of his feelings for her coated in his voice.. Overwhelming him...... "I should have told you from the beginning.... "

She sniff... Wondering how long he has been seeing the other girl.. Who she is to him.. A flirt or a serious date..... "No. No... No.... You didn't need to do that... It's your life.. It should be private..... "She said with clenched teeth.. Not even sure what she was saying...

"Look am really sorry you had to see what you saw.... "

"Look it's nothing...... "She said.. A wry smile making it's way into her lips..... "You don't need to apologize.. It's my fault.. I shouldn't have showed up unannounced.... I get it.... "

"I just wanted you to know.... "He said, his voice more gentle...

She knit her brows... Her inner mind whispering to her to ask who the girl is.... She try to wave it away....swallow up the question without vomiting it out..... But it was stuck... Pushing her... Fighting it's way out.... Just then she blared it out.... "Who is she anyway.....? She said... An Exasperation pitch in her voice

He took a deep drag... He's been expecting the question.... He flexed his fingers... Blink one eye.. Weighing the pros and cons of how he is going to tell her and how she's going to react.... "She's...... "he exhales...... "My girlfriend......

A cold feeling rushed through her.... She was so stupid to think he doesn't have a girlfriend... To have fallen in love with him.. To be thinking so much about him.... Hoping there will be a chance for them........ Her heart sanked at the next words that drop from his mouth.....

"My fiancee actually..... "

She quickly drop her folded hand... A gleen of sweat sheen out from her brow..... She insufflate..... "Good for you...... "she said abruptly.........

She jut her chin at her ridiculous compliment......."I mean am happy for you..... "

He didn't say anything.. He just stood staring at her.... That weird urge to hold her.... Drag her closer to himself creep into him but he couldn't do it.. Didn't have the balls... He was confused... Who does he love.. His fiancee or her.....

He knew how affected he is by her presence.... She had taken hold of every space in his head... He thinks of her day and night..... Sometimes he wished he'd met her first...... "I.... I..... ,Would you like to go somewhere with me.....?

She sigh.... His question rumbling in her head...... "Am sorry......... "She muttered.... His words 'She's my fiancee.... 'ringing in her head... She needs to let go.. To forget him... She was hurting by just the news of it.....

"Actually am going out with the chief.... "she said impetuously.... Not really sure when the words fell from her mouth.... But it was the perfect excuse....

"You mean my uncle.....?

She nodded.. Her hands dangling in her back... Propelled against each other.....

"My uncle will understand..... "

She knit her brow..... She can't go anywhere with him... She needs her distance.. She won't be able to forget him if she keeps going out with him... If he keeps coming to her..... "I don't think your uncle will agree.... "She said with clenched teeth...

"You don't know my uncle at all.. Me taking you out is the news that will excite him.....

"He propose....... "She boom out impetuously...... She took a deep drag... The velocity of the words ringing in her head....

Consternation etched on his face.... Her words resounding in his head..... "He proposed.....?

She turn her gaze away.. Then she turn to face him again.... "Yes he proposed.... He ask me to marry him..... "

"And what did you say....? He ask shapily....

"I said yes...... "She scowled....

His heart sanked..... "You are getting married to my uncle...... ?

She didn't reply...... She took a deep breathe... Nib her lip..

"My uncle is...

"Look i don't know.... "she cut in.... "Am still thinking about it..... "

"Alright..... "he muttered with clenched teeth.........."I think i will see you later then.... "

"Ya..... "she said faintly hands across her chest....

He swallowed hard... Her words ringing in his head..... With a huff.... He slowly walk to his car... He took one last glance at her again.... Then he entered the car and drove off...

She sigh... A sigh of relief when his car was out of sight......
She quickly went back into the house.....

"Chief Proposed.....?

She stop when her mother's voice sounded... Then she spun round to face her.... "Where you eavesdropping mum?

"I was just passing by when i overheard it..... So is it true.. Did he really proposed.....?

She scoffs..... "Yes.... "

"And you said yes..... "

She bug her eyes at her.... "No....

"But you told James you said yes..... "

She snort...... "Look mum i don't know what i was saying to James.... Do you expect me to say yes to chief........?

"It isn't a bad idea.... "

Shocked..,. She slack-jawed her mouth......"Mother....... "

Pious laugh hysterically as Giselle tickled him.....
"Stop..... "he said still laughing.....

"Come on... Just smile abit..... "Giselle said.....

Pious puff.... Then he sat up in the chair.... Giselle sitting beside him......he look at her with doleful eyes... The vexation that has eluded him came flooding back..... "Can i really smile when my mother is locked up.. Chained to a wall like an animal.....?

"We are going to get your mother back....... We are going to pay the chief a visit.... Am going to distract him for a while and you will find a way to get into that basement.... After that we plan our next move..... "

"Carlos is smart..... He will know what is going on..... "

Giselle took his hands and place it on hers..... "Something is for sure baby... If Carlos still thinks you are Pious.... He wouldn't have any reason to kill your mother because he knows one day he will use her as your weakness... That must be the reason he didn't lit the fire on her... He don't want her dead..... He wants to use her against you when the time comes...... "

"Am not going to allow that...... "Pious said shapily.. Exasperation in his voice....

"We'll get her out baby.... You don't have to worry about that...... "

They both turn to the direction of the door when it cranks open....

One of Pious thug came in...... "Boss... One of the chief is here.... "

Pious and Giselle glance at each other.....

"Let him in... "Pious said after a minute of silence....

"I should leave... "Giselle said.....

"No baby.. You are staying with me.. Non of the chiefs knows you..... I want you here with me... "

Giselle pout... Then she quickly climb her hand on his shoulder.....

It wasn't long before the door opened again and Chief Joseph came in....
Shock swept through him when he saw Giselle... She was stunning.....

"Chief..... "Pious said getting up to meet him......... "Chief............

"Joseph...... "Joseph said with clenched teeth... Anger sparkling in his eyes.....

"Of course Chief Joseph.. I couldn't get your name the last time you were here with the rest of the chiefs... I saw what happened to your friend... My condolences...... "

"You were there, aren't you...., at the hospital when he died....? Chief Joseph ask anxiously....

"Yeah i was there... It was a painful sight to behold........ "He took a slight pause then he continued.... "Please take a seat..... And meet my fiancee........ "He added as he spun round to look at Giselle...

With a smile.. Giselle stood up from the chair and trot to meet him.......

Just then Chief Joseph put the puzzle together..... Pious and his brother were the only ones that saw them that night.... A girl called them claiming she knows what happened that night.... This was definitely the girl.... Ferico Carter is Pious...... A wry devilish smile curve his lips........

"What are you trying to achieve by this.....? He boom out abruptly..... An atom of vexation in his voice....

Pious scoffs..... "Chief.. You seem to be forgotten where you came.. I don't understand anything you just said..... "

"I know perfectly well you do... You are Pious... Stop pretending you are not...... "

Pious quickly furrowed his brows... Not giving him the dignity of a reply.. He sat back on the chair he was sitting on and Giselle crunched beside him.....

"Even if you fooled the rest of the chiefs with your false background.. You can't fool me.. "Chief Joseph added....

Pious scoffs...... "This dead man or guy whatever he was that look like me.... Something horrible must have happened to him to strike such a reminder..... "

Chief Joseph chulkled..... "You are playing games you can't win Pious.....

"Did you come here to be reminded of whoever this Pious was..... Because if that is so.. With all due respect .. I will ask you to get out.. I have better things to do than this nonsense...... "

Infuriated..... Chief Joseph brought out the threat letter from his pocket and threw it at him.... "That's the letter you sent me... Do whatever you want.... You don't have any proof ..... And stop using your girl to call Carlos..... You wouldn't want her head to be cut off....

"I take no exceptions to threat and you just fired one..... "Pious raved as he stood up from the chair...... "You have no idea who i am chief... The next time you bounce into my house accusing me of who am not...... "He suck in..... "It will be your last..... "

Chief Joseph chulkled.... Then he frowned back... Without another word he left him....

Giselle pick up the letter the moment chief Joseph was out......"You need to see this baby.... "

Anger flashing through his eyes.... Pious turn to face her.. Then he collected the paper.....

"Someone else knows what happened that day.... "Giselle said

Shock etched on Pious face... A bit skeptical of the possibility of it.... "It can't be possible...my brother and i were the only ones who saw them..... "

"You heard what he said... A girl has been making phone calls to them.. The same girl i presume sent them this letter... Someone else must have seen them that night...... "

"If that is possible... It means the chiefs are out searching for her....... They must be thinking am responsible for this.... "

"If the girl keeps calling and sending them threats.. They will figure it out..... "Giselle said.. Hands folded across her chest....

Pious sigh..... Swallowing up the anger that was overwhelming him.... His uncle was right.. If he's going to succeed, he needs to keeps his anger on check........"We need to find this girl before the chiefs find her.... We need to know what she knows... How she knows it and why she's helping..... For her damn sake... Lets find her first before Carlos does.... "

TBC

sorry for the late update.... Ba3 low...

Pls remenber to drop a comment for me after reading

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (144) (Reply)

The Hole In The Wall / Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms / A Man To Call Her Own

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.