Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Things To Talk About With Your Girlfriend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things To Talk About With Your Girlfriend (31781 Views)

Let's Talk About Nigerian Women, Money, Sex And Fake Hair / How To Know If Your Girlfriend Is Cheating On You / What Would You Talk About On The Phone With Your Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things To Talk About With Your Girlfriend by AKris: 8:02am On May 09, 2010
Just a minute ago I called on my gf's cell and started off with a high note. Everything was going great until all of a sudden I couldn't think of anything else to say to her. There was this 30 seconds awkward silence and I asked her to say something. I think she wasn't impressed at all with that phone call. I need some tips. Actually I need detailed list of things to talk about. Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.
Re: Things To Talk About With Your Girlfriend by tobiblack(m): 8:07am On May 09, 2010
wink.that sometimes happen but u can fill d space by sayin 'i love u'
Re: Things To Talk About With Your Girlfriend by Areaboy2(m): 8:13am On May 09, 2010
dun worry mate, its not in our nature to talk too much,

once you run out of things to say. just put the damn phone down undecided
Re: Things To Talk About With Your Girlfriend by KakiP(m): 10:59pm On May 12, 2010
U mustn't necessarily spend all the credit u have on your phone, if ur lost for words MY GUY HANGUP!!
Re: Things To Talk About With Your Girlfriend by xynerise: 11:22pm On May 12, 2010
The most important thing is to say I LOVE YOU before hanging up.
Re: Things To Talk About With Your Girlfriend by Tattooboy: 6:10am On May 13, 2010
Well since me and my shawty are students i discuss bout studies most times though she aint like me doin dat always, but thats all i care bout, MY STUDY.
Re: Things To Talk About With Your Girlfriend by Nezed(f): 8:02am On May 13, 2010
You can always ask about her folks or siblings- I found out there is usually a lot when you ask. You will hear how, Obinna had a low jamb score or how Nkechi has started sleeping outside grin grin

You can also ask her about her colleagues (if she works), about Femi in her office that has a bad breath---lol.

People are usually open and interested in talking about people they care about.
Re: Things To Talk About With Your Girlfriend by vivaladiva(f): 8:34am On May 13, 2010
myb both of u r jst 2 damn boring to hold a conversation, hw exactly is an outsider supppose to tell u how to fill up an awkward 30secs of silence, u might as well ask us to tell u how to fill up that awkward moment when u realise uve come too quick n ur girl aint even started her enginee yet
ps u can always talk about the new coallition btw the conservative n lib dems aptly named the libservative, or u cld talk about the recent death of yaradua
Re: Things To Talk About With Your Girlfriend by Fancier(f): 8:44am On May 13, 2010
You can always ask about her folks or siblings- I found out there is usually a lot when you ask. You will hear how, Obinna had a low jamb score or how Nkechi has started sleeping outside Grin Grin

You can also ask her about her colleagues (if she works), about Femi in her office that has a bad breath---lol.

People are usually open and interested in talking about people they care about.

This is very true just discuss other things like this and u will see how the chat will flow and dont forget to say I love U or Cheerish or whatever brings that smiles to her face and you will be d bomb to her wink
Re: Things To Talk About With Your Girlfriend by Nobody: 1:11am On Jul 15, 2010
madam vivaladiva, u harsh small o, grin
Re: Things To Talk About With Your Girlfriend by papa190(m): 1:34am On Jul 15, 2010
ASK HER IF SHE'S wearing THOSE LATEST PANTS (Pronounced pa-i-nt) that has Small Holes on em, called AIRCONDITION PANTS (Pronounced pa-i-nt)

1 Like

Re: Things To Talk About With Your Girlfriend by Marhoski(m): 3:16am On Jul 15, 2010
^^ mad nigga grin grin grin grin
Re: Things To Talk About With Your Girlfriend by papa190(m): 9:22am On Jul 15, 2010
^^
krazy fellow~
Re: Things To Talk About With Your Girlfriend by Onchedu(m): 12:56pm On Jul 15, 2010
Must U talk? If U're through with the high note, close the conversation,  Matter of fact close before U get to that peak. U want to create an addiction to your voice in her so don't completely satisfy her prematurely; Just keep getting her close enuf, higher and higher one day at a time till she's comfortable with silence with U, then give her a good HIGH and then withdraw and hand over the baton to her for a while till her satisfaction has waned enuf to create desire to be satisfied again the repeat the process.

Demand and supply. Know how to control those too and U will have power.

Meanwyl so what if she wasn't impressed this time around. Don;t go trying to hard to impress any girl o. That U have doesn't mean U should give.

1 Like

Re: Things To Talk About With Your Girlfriend by Onchedu(m): 1:04pm On Jul 15, 2010
All these guys promoting the "I love U I love U" syndrome, chic go quick taya for una o. Keep a girl excited not comfortable. Woman appreciate comfort more than excitement, girls appreciate excitement more than comfort.

Abi una no know say U fit talk I love U too much so tay the thing go just no get value again?
Re: Things To Talk About With Your Girlfriend by Onchedu(m): 1:10pm On Jul 15, 2010
Tell her fables if U don't have any real stories that will move her emotions from here to there and back to a place making the conversation like a real experience for her.

Story tellers are good with girls. It doesn't even have to be true except in your head. U can make up imaginary characters and create imaginary plots then tell it like it happened in reality.

Men hear words better than they feel them. Women feel words better than they hear them.

It's important that Ur girl feels Ur words, and Ur silence of course.
Re: Things To Talk About With Your Girlfriend by Kx: 1:11pm On Jul 15, 2010
Onchedu:

Woman appreciate comfort more than excitement, girls appreciate excitement more than comfort.
What is the difference between a woman and a girl pls?
Re: Things To Talk About With Your Girlfriend by Onchedu(m): 1:17pm On Jul 15, 2010
Kx:

What is the difference between a woman and a girl pls?

Besides age and, maturity and the fear that she has more to loose the older she gets than the guy next door? Besides knowing that there is a time and place for everything and that feelings aren't strong enough to go by? Besides being more able to prioritize using logical reasoning in tune with her emotions and facts on ground? Besides thinking that young girls of nowadays want to go naked on the streets when she or the girls of her time did the same? Besides the knowledge that men don't ALWAYS think about sex? Besides the realization that no matter how hot she is if a man is not pleased with her he would not find her provocative or even appealing sexually?

the differences plenty.

Boys will always be boys but some girls become women.
Re: Things To Talk About With Your Girlfriend by Onchedu(m): 1:34pm On Jul 15, 2010
A girl thinks she must be the center of a man's world ALL THE TIME. A woman understands a man has other passions that have nothing to do with her and if she just lets him be with them they won't ever be a threat to her position in his heart.
Re: Things To Talk About With Your Girlfriend by LOVE4BUG(f): 1:38pm On Jul 15, 2010
hmmmmmmmmmm lipsrsealed
Re: Things To Talk About With Your Girlfriend by snthesis(m): 1:54pm On Jul 15, 2010
play on words- ask if she wud like to get wet wink
Re: Things To Talk About With Your Girlfriend by Onchedu(m): 2:11pm On Jul 15, 2010
snthesis:

play on words- ask if she wud like to get wet wink

That myt work well with a girl that is already Hot or close enuf to it; or a girl who's just feeling nutty and was hoping a guy like U would come indulge her.
girls generally think sex is all we think about so she's expecting U to go there. Girls are hardly ever impressed when a guy is predictible and typical. U want to play with words but weave in and out here and there till U do turn her on (if that's your aim). Of course U myt want to know what her values concerning sex are cos in the long run as much as she myt enjy the high from getting turned on by what U say, when she's sober and her conscience comes knocking she myt just see U as a negative part of her life and a smoother guy, when he comes along will steal your babe.
Re: Things To Talk About With Your Girlfriend by yagbaboy1(m): 5:02pm On Jul 15, 2010
omo men there are so many kpomo men
Re: Things To Talk About With Your Girlfriend by snthesis(m): 1:35pm On Jul 16, 2010
Onchedu:

That myt work well with a girl that is already Hot or close enuf to it.
girls generally think sex is all we think about so she's expecting U to go there. Girls are hardly ever impressed when a guy is predictible and typical. U want to play with words but weave in and out here and there till U do turn her on (if that's your aim). Of course U myt want to know what her values concerning sex are cos in the long run as much as she myt enjy the high from getting turned on by what U say, when she's sober and her conscience comes knocking she myt just see U as a negative part of her life and a smoother guy, when he comes along will steal your babe.
i tink u r missing the point of dat question;
as simple as it sounds it kinda trick question and the response you get from the chic, determines how u play ur cards
simple scenario
if her response is like
- wat do u take me for? loosely translated it means am cheap but u hav to work harder
silence/ loosely translated- u messed up bigtime; u can quickly save face by saying- "i was hoping we wud go swimming sumtime" cool
Re: Things To Talk About With Your Girlfriend by Onchedu(m): 2:15pm On Jul 16, 2010
That's how it works with your girl?

Silence doesn't always mean "U messed up big time." Sometimes it means: "Keep going, I'm listening." and "What do U take me for" sometimes means "Pervert, WHAT DO U TAKE ME FOR?"

Me I don't know the kind of girls U meet sha. Maybe all U want is a one nyt stand and your tactic is to keep shooting randomly without any specific aim hoping one of your bullets will hit a target and U will have a meal for a day. If she's worth it at all why have her just once when u can keep her forever if U want? Tactics boy tactics. If Lions were chasing after all the prey they came across they would die hungry.

Anyway lemme stop here before I spoil boys like U.
Re: Things To Talk About With Your Girlfriend by Onchedu(m): 2:28pm On Jul 16, 2010
U seem to not have noticed from the poster's words that the BF portfolio hasn't been handed to him yet. He's on probation,  3 months trial without confirmation of office unless he proves himself indispensable or at least makes her feel so.

If he was confirmed already he wouldnt be jittery over lack of what to say and she would bring something up to talk about just to keep him there.

I grew up in a different environment. The kinda girls I roll with know a boy from a man. They'l make U feel like scum if U act like scum.

A wanna-be bf takes your advice in my world and he'd be the joke of the day.

Guys sef una no just know say when sex and food no get control of una woman go trip pass for U.
Re: Things To Talk About With Your Girlfriend by topup: 10:23pm On Jul 16, 2010
tobi black:

wink.that sometimes happen but u can fill d space by sayin 'i love u'

But what if he doesn't??

Anyhoo, poster, the best thing is to just ask her to talk about what she's interested in, you can do this by just asking her the question: "what about you" after you've stated your own short opinion.

Your girlfriend doesn't seem to be so much of a talker, if both of you just accept that both you aren't big talkers, you can move on, however this could be a sign that you don't have much in common or you don't flow in conversation together. It depends if this is a big deal for you.

1 Like

Re: Things To Talk About With Your Girlfriend by malaria(f): 2:41pm On Jun 23, 2011
@onchedo, i love ur words.boys wil alwayz b boyz
Re: Things To Talk About With Your Girlfriend by MMM2(m): 8:29pm On Jun 23, 2011
op
ask her d last time she had sex.
Re: Things To Talk About With Your Girlfriend by Nobody: 5:51am On Jun 24, 2011
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Things To Talk About With Your Girlfriend by Nekai(f): 7:21am On Jun 24, 2011
Onchedu:

All these guys promoting the "I love U I love U" syndrome, chic go quick taya for una o. Keep a girl excited not comfortable. Woman appreciate comfort more than excitement, girls appreciate excitement more than comfort.

Abi una no know say U fit talk I love U too much so tay the thing go just no get value again?

kiss
Re: Things To Talk About With Your Girlfriend by Mynd44: 7:47am On Jun 24, 2011
Since most of my girls are MAYE(s), we mostly talk about the exchange rate

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Who Met On Twitter Are Engaged (photos) / Relationship Mistakes You Must Avoid In 2015 / My Girlfriend Never Initiates Sex But Still Complains She's Not Getting Enough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.