Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Dangote To Complete Nigeria’s Longest Concrete Road Project December – Official - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote To Complete Nigeria’s Longest Concrete Road Project December – Official (1504 Views)

Third Mainland Bridge: Nigeria’s Longest Bridge Where Suicide Is Cheap / AG Dangote Completes Apapa-wharf Concrete Road, / Concrete Road Technology In Ebonyi State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote To Complete Nigeria’s Longest Concrete Road Project December – Official by Nobody: 11:20pm On Apr 09, 2018
The 44-kilometre Obajana–Kabba concrete road project in Kogi will be ready in December, the Managing Director of AG-Dangote Construction Company, Ashif Juma, has said.

Mr Juma, who stated this in a statement obtained by the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lokoja on Monday, said that the longest concrete road project in Nigeria was being built according to specifications.

According to him, so far 33 kilometers earthwork and 22 kilometres concrete pavement have already been accomplished.

“We will deliver the project by December this year as planned,” Mr Juma said.

He urged government at all levels to switch over to construction of concrete road instead of asphalt as it is far superior, durable and cheaper, as it does not require frequent maintenance.
Mr Juma, who stated this in a statement obtained by the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lokoja on Monday, said that the longest concrete road project in Nigeria was being built according to specifications.

According to him, so far 33 kilometers earthwork and 22 kilometres concrete pavement have already been accomplished.

“We will deliver the project by December this year as planned,” Mr Juma said.

He urged government at all levels to switch over to construction of concrete road instead of asphalt as it is far superior, durable and cheaper, as it does not require frequent maintenance.

The statement signed by Anthony Chiejina, Corporate Communication Officer, Dangote Group said that the Obajana-Kabba rigid pavement road project was part of the Corporate Social Responsibility (CRS) of the Dangote Group Plc.

“Concrete road last longer than asphalt roads and do not have potholes. It does not require frequent maintenance as asphalt roads. It saves fuel for motorists and protects tyres from wear and tears,” it said.

According to Mr Chiejina, it is part of the Group’s determination to support government and Nigerians in order to grow the economy and facilitate ease of doing business.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/264481-dangote-to-complete-nigerias-longest-concrete-road-project-december-official.html
Re: Dangote To Complete Nigeria’s Longest Concrete Road Project December – Official by Nobody: 11:21pm On Apr 09, 2018

Re: Dangote To Complete Nigeria’s Longest Concrete Road Project December – Official by 9jaown(m): 11:21pm On Apr 09, 2018
angry
Re: Dangote To Complete Nigeria’s Longest Concrete Road Project December – Official by cue64: 12:49am On Apr 10, 2018
okay
Re: Dangote To Complete Nigeria’s Longest Concrete Road Project December – Official by nwoke37: 4:22am On Apr 10, 2018
We need more concrete roads in Nigeria... They are more durable than the asphalt roads we have here in Nigeria that have potholes all over the place.
Re: Dangote To Complete Nigeria’s Longest Concrete Road Project December – Official by DonVikings: 5:19am On Apr 10, 2018
Wow. This is good news. Pigs come and see something. shocked

Please try hard not to be upset this time.
Re: Dangote To Complete Nigeria’s Longest Concrete Road Project December – Official by ironheart(m): 6:15am On Apr 10, 2018
Hahahahahahah. I hope this scam of a road is finished soon. Our journalist need to do a lot of investigation. I have been through that road early last year and the pace of work was nothing to write home.
Re: Dangote To Complete Nigeria’s Longest Concrete Road Project December – Official by terryflexy: 6:25am On Apr 10, 2018
I wish dangone can teach me how to be successful...May God bless him....He has help a lot of people.
Re: Dangote To Complete Nigeria’s Longest Concrete Road Project December – Official by Emusan(m): 8:17am On Apr 10, 2018
ironheart:
Hahahahahahah. I hope this scam of a road is finished soon. Our journalist need to do a lot of investigation. I have been through that road early last year and the pace of work was nothing to write home.

You said early last year which is more than a year now Whereas, the report said "According to him, so far 33 kilometers earthwork and 22 kilometres concrete pavement have already been accomplished."

I'm currently in Kabba came from Abuja yesterday and I can tell you that the report is 100% true the earth work has gone beyond Agbadu (only if you know the village).
Re: Dangote To Complete Nigeria’s Longest Concrete Road Project December – Official by slimfit1(m): 9:36am On Apr 10, 2018
Emusan:

You said early last year which is more than a year now Whereas, the report said "According to him, so far 33 kilometers earthwork and 22 kilometres concrete pavement have already been accomplished."

I'm currently in Kabba came from Abuja yesterday and I can tell you that the report is 100% true the earth work has gone beyond Agbadu (only if you know the village).

You no go kaduna again
Re: Dangote To Complete Nigeria’s Longest Concrete Road Project December – Official by ironheart(m): 1:41pm On Apr 10, 2018
Emusan:

furnish us with pictures when you are coming back.
Re: Dangote To Complete Nigeria’s Longest Concrete Road Project December – Official by Emusan(m): 7:08pm On Apr 10, 2018
slimfit1:

You no go kaduna again
Hmmmm KD ke

(1) (Reply)

Why Nigeria May Never Become Better - My Opinion / Is Buhari The Most Corrupt President Ever / 14 Pdp Chieftains In Akwa Ibom Decamp To Apc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.