Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,218 members, 7,815,256 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Age Discrimination - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Age Discrimination (1080 Views)

Having Nigerian Husbands Exposes Us To Daily Discrimination – Wives / Say No To Sexual Discrimination On Nairaland / Discrimination Against Single Mothers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Age Discrimination by queeneve: 3:09am On May 13, 2010
A friend of mine was approached by this man who assumed she was in her 20's and when he asked her how old was she
she responded 37, the man then spun a 180 twist and beehived out of sight. She do not look her age and she look
very young.

Do you have age discrimination? Have you ever been a victim of age discrimination when it come to dating or relationship? Do you think age matters? Why are older men targeting younger women then women their age?

Be Honest!
Re: Age Discrimination by Rhymez(m): 3:17am On May 13, 2010
queeneve:

A friend of mine was approached by this man who assumed she was in her 20's and when he asked her how old was she
she responded 37, the man then spun a 180 twist and beehived out of sight. She do not look her age and she look
very young.

Do you have age discrimination? Have you ever been a victim of age discrimination when it come to dating or relationship? Do you think age matters? Why are older men targeting younger women then women their age?

Be Honest!
My dear ur friend is approaching menopause what do u expect of him? cheesy
Re: Age Discrimination by queeneve: 3:20am On May 13, 2010
Come on!

That some bullchittiest thing I ever heard, WHO HAVE THEIR MENOPAUSE AT 37?!! So are you saying that men like younger women so they don't have to deal with menopauses?
Re: Age Discrimination by Rhymez(m): 3:27am On May 13, 2010
queeneve:

Come on!

That some bullchittiest thing I ever heard, WHO HAVE THEIR MENOPAUSE AT 37?!! So are you saying that men like younger women so they don't have to deal with menopauses?
Nope but serious men go for younger ladies to build a family so the guy is serious. tongue
Re: Age Discrimination by queeneve: 3:47am On May 13, 2010
I don't know if you been watching the news lately, A 62 YEARS OLD WOMEN HAD TRIPLETS!!!!

So if he is looking for a family, just pick a woman who is fertile regardless of age,
Re: Age Discrimination by Rhymez(m): 3:57am On May 13, 2010
That is a miracle and it is very rare.
Would u advise ur brother to marry a lady that age?
Re: Age Discrimination by daduke2k(m): 4:36am On May 13, 2010
Nice question. Nw answer.
Re: Age Discrimination by Tattooboy: 5:05am On May 13, 2010
37 assumed to be 20? Drama!
Re: Age Discrimination by queeneve: 7:17am On May 13, 2010
Yes, I would advise my brother to marry a woman her age if HE LOVES HER. If she just happens to be 37 years old and he loves her. I don't see what the problem. There are alot of women in their late age have babies. It said that 40 years old is the age limit you should have children before your children are at high risk of health problems. I know few women
who had their babies after 40 years old and their babies are healthy. It not a rare thing as you may think, maybe you
need to pick up a book or two and understand TECHNOLOGY are pushing pass old news.

You keep it up and your wife will tell you at 55, BABY, I AM PREGNANT!
Re: Age Discrimination by muggle(m): 10:53am On May 13, 2010
In this part of the world, age plays a significant role.

Mind you this is not about the character of the person concerned, just the age.
Men tend to run from women that old based on a some of assumption. Some
are as follows:

(i) It is assumed that something must be wrong for someone that old not to have married.
(ii) Nobody wants to have the possibbility of having a medically challenged child, and the attached expenses, which may come as
a result of such union.
(iii) Some guys find it difficult to date gals older than them i.e some pple just can't do it even though it's not a big deal to most pple.

I state again, this is not about the character of the person concerned.
Re: Age Discrimination by queeneve: 7:32pm On May 14, 2010
I STILL SAY THAT A BUNCH OF BULLCHIT!
Re: Age Discrimination by tkb417(m): 7:37pm On May 14, 2010
yeah its bullchit chasing a 37 year old babe when im 25

what happens to the teens and early 20s

its bullchit i say again
Re: Age Discrimination by Faher(m): 7:38pm On May 14, 2010
Queeneve,

That's why it's good to start dating early. I won't mind your sister though, even though she's starting late too.  wink
Re: Age Discrimination by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 14, 2010
queeneve:

she responded 37, [size=20pt]the man then spun a 180 twist[/size] and beehived out of sight. She do not look her age and she look
very young.

Be Honest!
That's all I saw, all I saw LOL
Re: Age Discrimination by queeneve: 10:19pm On May 14, 2010
My fiance said I was young and FERTILE, whatever that means, but I told him even if I was in m 30's I can still have children when the women is in her forties then you worry,

My fiance asked me how old I was and rejoiced when I told him. He was like I can have plenty kids and I am like huh?

Who said women want to have ALOTS OF CHILDREN?
Re: Age Discrimination by nethacker(m): 2:04am On May 15, 2010
interesting grin grin grin
Re: Age Discrimination by iice(f): 4:53pm On May 15, 2010
muggle:

In this part of the world, age plays a significant role.

Mind you this is not about the character of the person concerned, just the age.
Men tend to run from women that old based on a some of assumption. Some
are as follows:

(i) It is assumed that something must be wrong for someone that old not to have married.
(ii) Nobody wants to have the possibbility of having a medically challenged child, and the attached expenses, which may come as
a result of such union.
(iii) Some guys find it difficult to date gals older than them i.e some pple just can't do it even though it's not a big deal to most pple.

Gbam
Re: Age Discrimination by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 15, 2010
the guy might be very young now undecided
Re: Age Discrimination by otawa: 6:54pm On May 15, 2010
age is a number.

It is meant to control your life and way you think.

important is the personality of the person.
Re: Age Discrimination by na2day2(m): 1:40am On May 16, 2010
@ topic

the guy only did the same thing girls do when they see a broke guy, they turn 180. karma is a b1t.ch huh! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Age Discrimination by apeena: 2:11am On May 16, 2010
queeneve:

I don't know if you been watching the news lately,  A 62 YEARS OLD WOMEN HAD TRIPLETS!!!!

So if he is looking for a family, just pick a woman who is fertile regardless of age,

@queeneve, false. no 62 years old woman will have child[ren] without any assistance. If you had followed the news well, you would have noticed that it is assisted reproduction.

@poster, I think we are all ageist to some extent. For the man, the young fresh body of the youngwoman is the needed elixir of life to re-awaken the moribund male intimacy drive. Of course it's all about physical attraction and no one can deny the hard fact that we all lose that lustre as we age - men & women. And I don't think we can question the great Creator for putting a timer on the women anatomy, there is reason for everything. Some women like youngmen because they attain their intimacy.u.a.l prime later than men.

Women are just very sensitive about the age thing, I know of good number of guys that have had there propositions turned down because of difference in age.
Re: Age Discrimination by queeneve: 5:26am On May 16, 2010
If you read well, you will know not all elderly related pregnancies are assisted,
Re: Age Discrimination by Nobody: 9:59am On May 16, 2010
queeneve:

A friend of mine was approached by this man who assumed she was in her 20's and [size=25pt]when he asked her how old was she
she responded 37, the man then spun a 180 twist and beehived out of sight. [/size]
  LWKMD grin grin grin
Re: Age Discrimination by Nobody: 1:23pm On May 16, 2010

it's very much about the character of the man involved here.

1. He is very rude, ill mannered and lacks social skills.

2. He approached the woman, she did not approach him, so why did he have to act like she was desperately running after him when she wasnt?

3. He couldnt just say hi, how are you, and move on? Whatever happened to small talk and social niceties?

My verdict? He's one of these foul mouthed people who spend their days chatting online and have lost touch with reality as a result.

He'll probably end up with the type of woman he fears most, but who knows how to cover up what she doesnt want him to see.

4. This is why women lie about themselves. The man is irritating for real. And na lies some people want to hear.

na by force to impose your sorry behind on somebody?

It's abroad sha. In Nigeria he'd be considered a small boy.
Re: Age Discrimination by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 16, 2010
*****just passing by wink*****
Re: Age Discrimination by violent(m): 4:03pm On May 16, 2010
tkb417:

yeah its bullchit chasing a 37 year old babe when im 25

what happens to the teens and early 20s

its bullchit i say again

lmao
Re: Age Discrimination by queeneve: 6:32pm On May 16, 2010
Why do you men think it funny that a man will do that to a woman? HE THE ONE APPROACHED HER NOT HER!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Do You Think Your Man Truly Cares About You? / A Romance Joke But Real: / I'm A Bit Confused, Pls Advice Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.