Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,110 members, 7,835,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Why Do Nigerians Live In Self Denial? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nigerians Live In Self Denial? (651 Views)

See What Nigerian Celebrities Are Doing In Self Isolation For Corona Virus / Why Do Nigerians Live In Self Denial? / Is It Okay For A Man To Hit A Woman In Self Defence ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Live In Self Denial? by derrydinny: 7:06am On Apr 10, 2018
I read a post written by childofdoom about how nigerian parents are and I can't agree more. A lot of nigerian youths had poor parental love while growing up, nigerian parents believe paying school fees, clothing and feeding you are their ony responsibilities, they make lots of children weak outside because they don't interact with them(they talk while you ony listen), how mnahy nigerians can hug their parents and kiss them(on the cheek) in public? parents think they are strict but they are destroying their children psychologically. Most of us had bad upbringing that is while small pressure from friends and you will venture into crime. Parents think they are lords over their children, they can't be corrected even when wrong. I remember when i was in primary school and i had a bad handwriting, my parents would abuse and slap me but they never for once tried to hold my hands and teach me, this made me stop giving my assignments for help and it helped me though. They do lot of good things though but most of us know deep down that their shortcomings are much
Re: Why Do Nigerians Live In Self Denial? by eezeribe(m): 7:07am On Apr 10, 2018
A typical Nigerian is unintellectual,sentimental and petty;and they derive joy in blaming the victim....That is the reason for the self denial.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Live In Self Denial? by ChildOfDoom: 7:28am On Apr 10, 2018
derrydinny:
I read a post written by childofdoom about how nigerian parents are and I can't agree more. A lot of nigerian youths had poor parental love while growing up, nigerian parents believe paying school fees, clothing and feeding you are their ony responsibilities, they make lots of children weak outside because they don't interact with them(they talk while you ony listen), how mnahy nigerians can hug their parents and kiss them(on the cheek) in public? parents think they are strict but they are destroying their children psychologically. Most of us had bad upbringing that is while small pressure from friends and you will venture into crime. Parents think they are lords over their children, they can't be corrected even when wrong. I remember when i was in primary school and i had a bad handwriting, my parents would abuse and slap me but they never for once tried to hold my hands and teach me, this made me stop giving my assignments for help and it helped me though. They do lot of good things though but most of us know deep down that their shortcomings are much
on point bro . Nigerian parents are ' fvcked up entities'. they have failed in proper upbringing.

Currently trying to reorientate myself before I can mentor any one
Re: Why Do Nigerians Live In Self Denial? by habsydiamond(m): 7:56am On Apr 10, 2018
When it come to parenting Africans can never stand the westerners....cos to its as if God gave them the password of nurturing children in the right way....they nurture kids in a democratic way.....unlike Africans which is autocratic....
Re: Why Do Nigerians Live In Self Denial? by habsydiamond(m): 7:59am On Apr 10, 2018
When it come to parenting Africans can never stand the westerners....cos its as if God gave them the password of nurturing children in the right way....they nurture kids in a democratic way by consulting the child B4 taking any action on the child.....unlike Africans which is autocratic....parents here are less concern about the involvement of their children in discussions which has to do with the kids
Re: Why Do Nigerians Live In Self Denial? by lilmax(m): 8:13am On Apr 10, 2018
lol, they should hold your hand so that your writings can be nice? grin

see weakling
Re: Why Do Nigerians Live In Self Denial? by Nobody: 9:06am On Apr 10, 2018
eezeribe:
A typical Nigerian is unintellectual,sentimental and petty;and they derive joy in blaming the victim....That is the reason for the self denial.

Its The Reason You Talk Like This Too

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Live In Self Denial? by Immaculatesnow(m): 1:05pm On Apr 10, 2018
Nigerian parents are a disgrace to parenthood, that is why we have a bad nation, we raise our kids without love and so how can the kid show love to a nation.

i am just jamming to G EASY NO LIMIT REMIX

Re: Why Do Nigerians Live In Self Denial? by Mandrake007(m): 1:42pm On Apr 10, 2018
Thank God my mom is not Nigerian I can't relate but this post is facts tho many Nigerians mirror the characters of their parents.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Live In Self Denial? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 10, 2018
The truth is many of the parents confuse fear with respect. If u have seen their errors, try and correct it, that will be the difference.
Although I can't relate with most of ur points cause my parents esp. mum begs to differ.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Live In Self Denial? by derrydinny: 6:03pm On Apr 10, 2018
lilmax:
lol, they should hold your hand so that your writings can be nice? grin

see weakling
it actually helped shaped me, I had to read on my own and it has helped me through till this day
Re: Why Do Nigerians Live In Self Denial? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 10, 2018
Most Nigerians if not all are not emotionally expressive and are insensitive. An emotional /sensitive being in Nigeria is seen and termed a weakling, a very good example believe that women are not fit to be in places of power because they are believed to be a little less logical and more emotional.

Now a typical Nigerian man won't want to raise a weakling, he wants to be a father of a 'strong, logical and brutal child so he will train his ward the way he wants him to be. The one who install emotions into a child is the mother, but then in some cases this is limited. I. e If the mother is an unemotional one herself or the father is completely domineering in the home.

Note, Nigerians have soft side too, It's deep down inside them. The reason we hardly see it is because they don't show it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Live In Self Denial? by lilmax(m): 6:52pm On Apr 10, 2018
derrydinny:

it actually helped shaped me, I had to read on my own and it has helped me through till this day
And that's the basic answer to your question

it seems you are not fully grown, because if you are, you'd know what and how Nigeria is

you think Nigeria is a place for weaklings? nigerian parents understands this

imagine raising your child in love and rainbow telemundo blah blah blah, is that what Nigeria is all about? if you want that go to the western world

who would treat you with love when you are out of the house? grin...dude or lady you are not ready

imagine the street of lagos for a moment, the
buses, you must be strong and smart not lovely dovely

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Letter To Theupsetgirl / Missing Woman’s Body Found Inside 23-ft-long Python In Indonesia / Heartbreaking! Pregnant Nigerian Lady Dies One Month After Her Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.