Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Help With Sludge... - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help With Sludge... (7240 Views)

Of Sludge, Wrecked Lower Bearings And Other Inconveniences / Oil Sludge / Detailed Explanation On Car Engine Sludge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help With Sludge... by Jazzlite: 8:06pm On Apr 14, 2018
AutoElectNG:

There is an American law that requires that a manufacturer cannot lock you in with his parts, that is why we have OEM and aftermarket parts, provided it meets or exceeds manufacturer specifications, you are good to go
Ok clear....
Re: Help With Sludge... by OgaKazeem(m): 9:05pm On Apr 14, 2018
Jazzlite:

Not really true. For example.... Certain plugs are recommended for Mercedes Benz engines... But some are not suitable for the kind of fuel we have here....
dts interesting. so wat if d owner gets a different plug? will it spell doom for d engine?
Re: Help With Sludge... by mayor2013: 9:22pm On Apr 14, 2018
Jazzlite:

Even when not recommended for your vehicle?

Who says . Have got a bosch catalogue for perfect fit wink
Re: Help With Sludge... by mayor2013: 9:25pm On Apr 14, 2018
OgaKazeem:

dts interesting. so wat if d owner gets a different plug? will it spell doom for d engine?

No as long as it meets or even exceed OEM specifications

1 Like

Re: Help With Sludge... by sooperrescue(m): 3:30am On Apr 15, 2018
mayor2013:

No as long as it meets or even exceed OEM specifications
Give me the plug nunber for range rover 2010 supercharged and let me cross reference with NGK and Champion
Re: Help With Sludge... by mayor2013: 7:46am On Apr 15, 2018
sooperrescue:

Give me the plug nunber for range rover 2010 supercharged and let me cross reference with NGK and Champion

Would do that for you by Monday
Re: Help With Sludge... by sooperrescue(m): 9:37am On Apr 15, 2018
Ok. By whatsapp please
Re: Help With Sludge... by mayor2013: 12:41pm On Apr 15, 2018
sooperrescue:
Ok. By whatsapp please

Alright then
Re: Help With Sludge... by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:08pm On Apr 15, 2018
all these diesel - kerosene thing dey fear me.
if I had to deal with sludge... "again", I'd use seafoam "again"
Re: Help With Sludge... by OgaKazeem(m): 7:41pm On Apr 15, 2018
obekediamondfuto:
all these diesel - kerosene thing dey fear me.

if I had to deal with sludge... "again", I'd use seafoam "again"
Seafoam? Saw dt online bt didnt kno itnwas available in naija.... Where can one get it pls?
Re: Help With Sludge... by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:46pm On Apr 15, 2018
OgaKazeem:

Seafoam? Saw dt online bt didnt kno itnwas available in naija.... Where can one get it pls?

ah e plenty..
I ordered for it on konga.... took 3days to owerri back then.

I assume they have dealers in Lagos cos it wasn't listed as an overseas deal.... as at 2yrs ago

chk konga
Re: Help With Sludge... by OgaKazeem(m): 10:45pm On Apr 15, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

ah e plenty..
I ordered for it on konga.... took 3days to owerri back then.

I assume they have dealers in Lagos cos it wasn't listed as an overseas deal.... as at 2yrs ago

chk konga

ok cool. tnx. ever tried liqui moli sludge remover?

1 Like

Re: Help With Sludge... by obekediamondfuto(m): 4:59am On Apr 16, 2018
OgaKazeem:

ok cool. tnx. ever tried liqui moli sludge remover?
nah, I've never had any cause to.
Re: Help With Sludge... by OgaKazeem(m): 12:02pm On Apr 16, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

nah, I've never had any cause to.
ok bro... tnx
Re: Help With Sludge... by peterpeteru: 3:56pm On Nov 14, 2019
OgaKazeem:
my brother's in the automedic business... abeg how can I get rid/reduce sludge in an engine?
car in question is a 2001 toyota camry.

cc Gazzuzz, Nurey, Deportivo, Mayor who again oooo

So Bro, were you able to get rid of the sludge? If yes, which of the suggestions worked for you?
Thanks.
cc Ogakazeem

1 Like

Re: Help With Sludge... by fineboynl(m): 12:53am On Jul 15, 2023
ironheart:
True story

When it was obvious i needed a vehicle to move from point A to B, I bought a toyota corona/avensis, car came with 2.0 3SFE engine. Kazeem spoilt it while changing head gasket so i have less to lose. so while racing on kd road, i killed the engine racing a more powerful car than mine.

Sourced for a good 3SFE but couldnt get a direct one for that year.. Had to be more adventurous, i installed a 5SFE with a 5S ECU. I took my time to match the wiring harness of a 3S to a 5S engine and ECU

New engine runs poorly, low Mile per gallon due to defective MAP sensor and sludge in the engine. Change the MAP sensor.

To clean the sludge, I bought 2 liter of KEROSENE removed 1ltr of engine oil from the engine.

Poured the kerosene in the engine and run it for 10min.

Removed the whole oil and changed the filter. put in new oil and new filter, Then for safety reason to avoid leaking seals due to kerosene (from childhood i know the effect of kerosene on rubber) i put some oil treatment.

Bought new PCv (positive crank case ventilator/valve and installed) To help vent the crankcase and prevent sludge buildup.

Engine runs fine, smooth and its fuel efficient. I get close to 700km on a single tank of fuel right now.

bro what oil treatment did you put?
Re: Help With Sludge... by ironheart(m): 6:19am On Jul 15, 2023
fineboynl:
bro what oil treatment did you put?
I don't use oil treatment, i change my oil very often

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Women Driving; How Cool Are You With It? / Benz Ml350 Or Ml550??? / How To Spot Damaged And Flood Damage Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.