Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Help With Sludge... - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help With Sludge... (7233 Views)

Of Sludge, Wrecked Lower Bearings And Other Inconveniences / Oil Sludge / Detailed Explanation On Car Engine Sludge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help With Sludge... by OgaKazeem(m): 9:35am On Apr 12, 2018
AutoElectNG:

What enquiry?
if its a mix of ATF and engine oil, diesel/engine oil, Kerosene/engine oil. what quantity will they be?
Re: Help With Sludge... by sooperrescue(m): 10:08am On Apr 12, 2018
Go buy engine flush , you dey look for locally made. Na ogakazeem you true true be
Re: Help With Sludge... by OgaKazeem(m): 10:11am On Apr 12, 2018
sooperrescue:
Go buy engine flush , you dey look for locally made. Na ogakazeem you true true be
hehehehe bros.... i be Kazeem na.
na ilorin I dey stay. dis engine flush wey I dey see na all fake. dts why I am skeptical about buying flush.
Re: Help With Sludge... by ironheart(m): 10:12am On Apr 12, 2018
OgaKazeem:

If Kerosene.. wats d quantity of Kerosene to the engine oil.
If diesel whats the quantity of diesel to engine oil?

I have not used diesel so i dont know. I used less than 2ltr of kero..
Re: Help With Sludge... by OgaKazeem(m): 10:52am On Apr 12, 2018
ironheart:

I have not used diesel so i dont know. I used less than 2ltr of kero..
did U drain part of d oil?
Re: Help With Sludge... by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:29am On Apr 12, 2018
all cheap engine flush in the market is canned diesel.

Re: Help With Sludge... by OgaKazeem(m): 11:36am On Apr 12, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
all cheap engine flush in the market is canned diesel.

exactly my thot.
nothing original in this our country
Re: Help With Sludge... by ironheart(m): 12:00pm On Apr 12, 2018
OgaKazeem:

did U drain part of d oil?
yes about a litre or so
Re: Help With Sludge... by Jazzlite: 12:54pm On Apr 12, 2018
OgaKazeem:

exactly my thot.
nothing original in this our country
Do you have any original thoughts?

1 Like

Re: Help With Sludge... by Jazzlite: 12:55pm On Apr 12, 2018
OgaKazeem:

Oga nob U dey face wahala with same issue?
Chai .. nigga U mumu gan o. U get problem U dey ask abt diesel flush... Now U dey offer advice...
Ogbeni koshi e lo
Ode buruku. No stain my thread. M tryna learn smthing and experiment here...
Be civil.
Re: Help With Sludge... by Jazzlite: 12:58pm On Apr 12, 2018
ironheart:
yea but in my personal opinion, i think kerosene evaporate quicker than diesel. So i went with kerosene to avoid a quick oil change. My thinking might be wrong but its been two months i have been running that engine without any issue. If i am to do that again, i will use a mix of ATF and engine oil. Right now my internal is clean so i do not need diesel or kero anymore
Ok. But from experience... Diesel fuel flushes better and it's gentle on the seals.
Re: Help With Sludge... by Jazzlite: 1:00pm On Apr 12, 2018
diportivo:

Mr Tunde no get motor

no let am dey bohboh u for here

if he get,e for don mention am as u ask dat ur simple question

instead,he started yarning dust grin

that's his way bro
Who's Mr Tunde?
Re: Help With Sludge... by ironheart(m): 1:06pm On Apr 12, 2018
Jazzlite:

Ok. But from experience... Diesel fuel flushes better and it's gentle on the seals.
if you have handled diesel engine before you will understand my view on kerosene
Re: Help With Sludge... by Jazzlite: 1:12pm On Apr 12, 2018
ironheart:
if you have handled diesel engine before you will understand my view on kerosene
I have done oil sludge flushes using diesel severally... My current predicament stems from the massive thick Vaseline natured engine oil sludge...... although not as terrible as those synthetic oil sludge.
Re: Help With Sludge... by OgaKazeem(m): 1:29pm On Apr 12, 2018
Jazzlite:
Do you have any original thoughts?
do U av an original brain?
Re: Help With Sludge... by OgaKazeem(m): 1:31pm On Apr 12, 2018
Jazzlite:
Be civil.
u shld try listening to urself atimes
Re: Help With Sludge... by OgaKazeem(m): 1:33pm On Apr 12, 2018
ironheart:
yes about a litre or so
tnx alot bro. getting clearer
Re: Help With Sludge... by ironheart(m): 3:43pm On Apr 12, 2018
Jazzlite:

I have done oil sludge flushes using diesel severally... My current predicament stems from the massive thick Vaseline natured engine oil sludge...... although not as terrible as those synthetic oil sludge.
what make of engine are you trying to wash? Cos eh this might not work for you bro
Re: Help With Sludge... by OgaKazeem(m): 3:51pm On Apr 12, 2018
ironheart:
what make of engine are you trying to wash? Cos eh this might not work for you bro

Jazzlite doesnt have a car. he's just here to make noise. this is like d 4th time he will be asked but he's not answering. baba no get motor. no bother ursef ironheart...
for me tho I will try look online and the auto mart if I can get a quality engine flush. if not... will follow the engine oil + diesel route observe the outcome then switch the oil to 5w-30/40.
i believe this should provide a good result. atleast to reduce the sludge in d engine
Re: Help With Sludge... by ironheart(m): 3:59pm On Apr 12, 2018
OgaKazeem:

Jazzlite doesnt have a car. he's just here to make noise. this is like d 4th time he will be asked but he's not answering. baba no get motor. no bother ursef ironheart...
for me tho I will try look online and the auto mart if I can get a quality engine flush. if not... will follow the engine oil + diesel route observe the outcome then switch the oil to 5w-30/40.
i believe this should provide a good result. atleast to reduce the sludge in d engine

Warning. You must be at a point where you do not have anything to lose if the engine breaks. For me i had fears doing it but in the end it worked for me. Saved me the trouble of confronting mechanics n also gave me confidence on the quality of the engine as well
Re: Help With Sludge... by AutoElectNG: 4:16pm On Apr 12, 2018
OgaKazeem:

if its a mix of ATF and engine oil, diesel/engine oil, Kerosene/engine oil. what quantity will they be?

I have already commented on the mix of ATF to engine oil somewhere on this thread.

As for the diesel thing, I'll leave that to the other resident expert and it's proponent.

You also have the choice to run full synthetic specd to your engine for as short as 1000 miles OCI then replace both oil and oil filter.

If I were you, I would also drive it like I stole it and not like a grandma.

This is the conservative approach.

Your car, your choice, your call

By the 5th oil change you should be sludge free.
Re: Help With Sludge... by kingreign(m): 4:20pm On Apr 12, 2018
OgaKazeem:
@kingreign... abeg i need ur input....
replace engine.
Re: Help With Sludge... by Jazzlite: 4:22pm On Apr 12, 2018
ironheart:
W211 E320 V6....
Re: Help With Sludge... by Jazzlite: 4:23pm On Apr 12, 2018
OgaKazeem:

Sometimes believing all you read is wrong. That being said... Try Liquimolly Engine flush. Check Konga or jumia for it.
Re: Help With Sludge... by AutoElectNG: 4:30pm On Apr 12, 2018
Jazzlite:

Sometimes believing all you read is wrong. That being said... Try Liquimolly Engine flush. Check Konga or jumia for it.

I also agree that this German product can be trusted.

They even do engine oil
Re: Help With Sludge... by kingreign(m): 4:30pm On Apr 12, 2018
Jazzlite:

W211 E320 V6....
Let's try washing an S65AMG w222 with the diesel thingy grin
Re: Help With Sludge... by Jazzlite: 4:34pm On Apr 12, 2018
kingreign:

That one na to find odubee or chibuzor to tear it apart.... That Engine no be kobo kobo
Re: Help With Sludge... by OgaKazeem(m): 4:41pm On Apr 12, 2018
kingreign:
wickedness hehehehe
Re: Help With Sludge... by OgaKazeem(m): 4:41pm On Apr 12, 2018
Jazzlite:

make I go check am

2 Likes

Re: Help With Sludge... by OgaKazeem(m): 4:42pm On Apr 12, 2018
AutoElectNG:

I also agree that this German product can be trusted.
They even do engine oil
alright bro... will check it out

1 Like

Re: Help With Sludge... by ironheart(m): 5:50pm On Apr 12, 2018
Jazzlite:

W211 E320 V6....
dont you think.this method may be the death of that sweet engine?
Re: Help With Sludge... by Jazzlite: 6:06pm On Apr 12, 2018
ironheart:
dont you think.this method may be the death of that sweet engine?
Three road trips per month with three oil changes.... should fix it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Women Driving; How Cool Are You With It? / Benz Ml350 Or Ml550??? / How To Spot Damaged And Flood Damage Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.