Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

How Can I Eat Pineapple Without Having Sore In My Mouth And On My Tongue? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Can I Eat Pineapple Without Having Sore In My Mouth And On My Tongue? (19468 Views)

Sore In The Genital / Home Remedies For Sore Throat / 10 Tested Reasons You Should Eat Pineapple Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Eat Pineapple Without Having Sore In My Mouth And On My Tongue? by masido(f): 10:55am On May 13, 2010
Dear Nairalanders,
Abeg, how can i be able to eat pineapple without having a sored mouth and tongue?
Because i like the thing no be small.
Anyone here knows how?
Re: How Can I Eat Pineapple Without Having Sore In My Mouth And On My Tongue? by wizb: 5:14pm On May 19, 2010
Make sure the pineapple is very ripe and cut it into small cubes.
Re: How Can I Eat Pineapple Without Having Sore In My Mouth And On My Tongue? by masido(f): 9:37am On May 20, 2010
@wizb,
thanks.
Re: How Can I Eat Pineapple Without Having Sore In My Mouth And On My Tongue? by segzicres(m): 11:53am On May 20, 2010
don't understand i've never had anything close to that all my life eating pineapples.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Eat Pineapple Without Having Sore In My Mouth And On My Tongue? by KunleA2(m): 4:24am On May 21, 2010
masido:

Dear Nairalanders,
Abeg, how can i be able to eat pineapple without having a sored mouth and tongue?
Because i like the thing no be small.
Anyone here knows how?

Pineapples have citric acid in them. That is what is causing the sore mouth/tongue. Make sure they are very ripe and eat small qty at a time. Otherwise stay away altogether. Na by force you for eat pineapple?
Re: How Can I Eat Pineapple Without Having Sore In My Mouth And On My Tongue? by Fhemmmy: 5:54pm On May 21, 2010
Hid your tongue while eating it.

jokes apart, there is no way to do that, like Kunle said, it is the acid
Re: How Can I Eat Pineapple Without Having Sore In My Mouth And On My Tongue? by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 21, 2010
My mouth used to get itchy. I think it's because we didn't peel them then.

Do you peel off the skin??
Re: How Can I Eat Pineapple Without Having Sore In My Mouth And On My Tongue? by Fhemmmy: 6:06pm On May 21, 2010
michelin89:

The fruit has one of the most acidic content and that is why
Re: How Can I Eat Pineapple Without Having Sore In My Mouth And On My Tongue? by mamagee3(f): 6:17pm On May 21, 2010
Eat Pineapple that's ripe not the unripe ones.
Re: How Can I Eat Pineapple Without Having Sore In My Mouth And On My Tongue? by masido(f): 7:50pm On May 26, 2010
@Kunle-A,

no be my fault, i just like the thing die.
Re: How Can I Eat Pineapple Without Having Sore In My Mouth And On My Tongue? by masido(f): 8:00pm On May 26, 2010
michelin89,

michelin89:

yes o.in fact i used to over peel the pineapple, yet na the same wahala, after i finish eating it.
Re: How Can I Eat Pineapple Without Having Sore In My Mouth And On My Tongue? by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 26, 2010
Dude, are you sure you're not allergic to pnapls?
Re: How Can I Eat Pineapple Without Having Sore In My Mouth And On My Tongue? by zebra543: 8:05pm On May 26, 2010
just dont eat too much, try and eat the ripe ones with less acid
Re: How Can I Eat Pineapple Without Having Sore In My Mouth And On My Tongue? by masido(f): 8:10pm On May 26, 2010
FL Gators:

Dude, are you sure you're not allergic to pnapls?

i dont think i am. the sore tongue and mouth is the only problem i have after eating it.

@ zebra543,

ok.
Re: How Can I Eat Pineapple Without Having Sore In My Mouth And On My Tongue? by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 26, 2010
masido:

i dont think i am. the sore tongue and mouth is the only problem i have after eating it.
. . . . . ehrrm yea, and that is a sign of an allergic rxn. Check with a docĀ  or sth.

Since this rxn is not a one time thing, we can rule out the cause of an unripe pineapple.
Re: How Can I Eat Pineapple Without Having Sore In My Mouth And On My Tongue? by browncocos(f): 1:04pm On May 27, 2010
like the others said

make sure the pineapple is really ripe

when cutting the pineapple,make sure u peel very well

and cut of all those prickly stuff
this should help
Re: How Can I Eat Pineapple Without Having Sore In My Mouth And On My Tongue? by masido(f): 9:32pm On May 30, 2010
@browncocos
Re: How Can I Eat Pineapple Without Having Sore In My Mouth And On My Tongue? by masido(f): 9:33pm On May 30, 2010
@browncocos,

Ok.
Re: How Can I Eat Pineapple Without Having Sore In My Mouth And On My Tongue? by Stan24: 1:16am On May 31, 2010
thanks guy
Re: How Can I Eat Pineapple Without Having Sore In My Mouth And On My Tongue? by dustydee: 9:09am On Jun 01, 2010
remove those black spots before eating.
Re: How Can I Eat Pineapple Without Having Sore In My Mouth And On My Tongue? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 02, 2010
could be the pineapple was force ripened

or you have allergies.

dont know, really

you could try canned pineapple though being in nigeria the fresh whole one is cheaper and easily available.
Re: How Can I Eat Pineapple Without Having Sore In My Mouth And On My Tongue? by masido(f): 7:51pm On Jun 15, 2010
@all,
thanks

@tpia

you wont believe that i only eat the very ripe ones, and it still has the same effect. i guess i'll just stop eating it.
Re: How Can I Eat Pineapple Without Having Sore In My Mouth And On My Tongue? by daniellle(f): 12:53am On Jun 16, 2010
Re: How Can I Eat Pineapple Without Having Sore In My Mouth And On My Tongue? by masido(f): 10:11am On Jun 16, 2010
@daniellle,

i might just do that, and no, i've not tried canned pineapple.maybe i'll eat that whenever i want to eat pineapple again.thanks.
Re: How Can I Eat Pineapple Without Having Sore In My Mouth And On My Tongue? by Pweety4me(f): 6:48pm On Jun 17, 2010
^I had d same kinda issue but not sore throat just tingle like a sting it doesn't feel 9ice @ all. . .i think it's those prickly things on the pineapple & like people said it has citric acid. . . so i tried to take them of whilst eating them it made it kinda better. smiley
Re: How Can I Eat Pineapple Without Having Sore In My Mouth And On My Tongue? by jacqstone: 12:53pm On May 31, 2013
I found I had the same problem with eating fresh pineapple, my mouth & tongue would burn for the rest of the day. I have now found that after leaving the fruit for a couple of days, cutting into small chunks & eating with yoghurt I had no problem at all. It could be that because it had been left cut open the acid was not so strong, but yoghurt definitely seemed to make it more palatable.

(1) (Reply)

13 Most Common Dental Procedures In Nigeria / Twitter User Who Requested For Donations Reportedly Turns Out To Be Scam / Cannabis Will Soon Become Legal For Non-violent User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.