Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,723 members, 7,824,054 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency (36079 Views)

Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown / Nigerian Youths Take Things For Granted - President Buhari / Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by pafisayo(m): 10:38pm On Apr 13, 2018
Ade3000yrs:
Are u kidding me?? Is Nigeria now a comedy zone or comedy half hour or reality show? So now we are having different caricature, wanting to perch to experiment their fingers, incisors and toothless youth to grab their share of the national cake and loots? Truly where the carcass is, the vulture will surely gather. I never expected that it will all come to this kind of macho poster boy bill board advert. Una well done my fellow youths and record breakers. I dont have to be a false Prophet or TB Joshua to see how your airplane is going to land without, gear, tyres, wings, engines and run way.

I want to believe Unilag or OAU are ready to campaign for him. though I cant really recall which of the school this guy went but I doubt if this guy understand what it takes to lead a Nation like Nigeria else we would have another worse idiot in power in the name of bringing the youths in Power. Having prowess to write powerful motivational books is quite different from leading a nation that even if the best of European, and American Presidents or Prime ministers in history would fail to lead successfully well.

Nigeria and Africa is unique. American and European magic is not just possible here even if you believe the idea is just to photocopy everything you see in the white man's land. Lipton tea is quite different from Nescafe Coffee and Milo. Very soon all the comedians, music artiste and Nollywood stars will all soon start coming out to campaign for political office to make the whole drama more interesting, intriguing and suspense filled. Or worse still some Burger head Tokunbos from overseas would start trooping into Nigeria believing that the rest of us in the entire country and continent are clueless. May God say this seemingly and believed rugged rudderless old ship that has catered for all of our needs from the cradle even at the worst times of when our leaders where clueless and inefficient. The Joy is that Nigeria has a rugged country is a ship that has weathered all battering storms and has refused to sink

Well said ‘
Hopefully one day we will realize the Obvious.
What ever the problem is with the past administration sometimes we blame GEJ for pretty much everything that went wrong but we for reasons best known ignore the Obvious Truth:
All present and past Government is not solely commandeered by the President
He has the legislative Arm to keep things in check.
If and when a President nominated a Finace minister our so called senators and honorable are suooosed to screen question and determine if the candidate is qualified but naaaaa they all play politics.
Buhari is a Dullard -agreed
Nepotism is his thing - agreed
He is so Dull all his ministers and appointes incharge of Nigerians Economy are dull but who approved them and swore them in office? Our supposed legistlators ..
Even if sowore becomes the President it will be a mission impossible to Rule if we don’t change the Nigerian mentality . Change everyone at d Senate and house of Assembly else 4 years later people will be romancing Mr Sowore with all shades of Curse!!

2 Likes

Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by sharpwriter(m): 10:41pm On Apr 13, 2018
boolet:
Lol... I'm simply observing how neither of these so-called youngmen can improve nothing. They will yield the same result. Even if it were to be on a level playing field, Sowore and Durotoye will act as spoilers to usher the incumbent in once more; they will split the youth's vote and use it to lay a red carpet for alagba Buhari.

Then who do you suggest we vote?

1 Like

Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by abiolamitodun(m): 10:50pm On Apr 13, 2018
from what I can see I think he is hired to breakdown the youth and destabilize sowere chance of wining
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by Mobileowowa: 10:54pm On Apr 13, 2018
He is not myopic. But courageous however, he can't face power or talk down on power. I love him as a person but no. The most likely person is Sowore , Sahara reporters Founder. He got the balls of all them, he can play the dirty politics propaganda alland he needs is powerful support from collation. ThisI is my option
kimjongJezebel:
This qmyopic and useless guy that campaigned for Buhari? So he suddenly realized Buhari is no longer the saviour... Mtchwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by jpphilips(m): 10:59pm On Apr 13, 2018
Lazyreporta:
the Nigerian Youths on saturday came out in their numbers to canvass support for their next president come 2019. The man, Fela Durotoye has been choosen by the youths to lead the country to the promise land. The youths have cried for so long. They have been subjected to redicule by those who think they are not ripe to lead the nation and have thuse use this to embed corruption and all kinds of vices in the country. The country is going worse on corruption by the latest corruption index and this is the time to vote them out says one of the coordinators.

The march which started from the University of Lagos, moved to Yaba College of Education and down to Ojuelegba and its environs. The youths were happy and dancing. Maybe, this is the time that the country will finally be saved.

source......... https://www.zanzibarhub.com/posts/fela-durotoye-for-president-2019-says-nigerian-youths-(pix)

Nobody is asking the right questions, just take the throne because you are young mtcheww!!
Where are the content and character ?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by Mydazz(m): 11:00pm On Apr 13, 2018
SmartPolician:
Dreamer!

There are two contenders in Nigeria: APC and PDP. Just like US Republican and Democrats

Those two parties shape the political destiny of Nigeria

The earlier other time wasters realize it, the better
Spoken like your moniker,....... if you're not contesting on the platform of any of these two parties then you're either not serious or don't understand this political terrain which in every way makes you incapable and unfit in the first place.
Durotoye ko, Durogbade ni
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by razfad10(m): 11:01pm On Apr 13, 2018
I for one think Mr sowore, Adamu and Fela should form a coalition support the most rugged one among them.
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by jpphilips(m): 11:07pm On Apr 13, 2018
pafisayo:

Well said ‘
Hopefully one day we will realize the Obvious.
What ever the problem is with the past administration sometimes we blame GEJ for pretty much everything that went wrong but we for reasons best known ignore the Obvious Truth:
All present and past Government is not solely commandeered by the President
He has the legislative Arm to keep things in check.
If and when a President nominated a Finace minister our so called senators and honorable are suooosed to screen question and determine if the candidate is qualified but naaaaa they all play politics.
Buhari is a Dullard -agreed
Nepotism is his thing - agreed
He is so Dull all his ministers and appointes incharge of Nigerians Economy are dull but who approved them and swore them in office? Our supposed legistlators ..
Even if sowore becomes the President it will be a mission impossible to Rule if we don’t change the Nigerian mentality . Change everyone at d Senate and house of Assembly else 4 years later people will be romancing Mr Sowore with all shades of Curse!!

The bad news is that the so called youths are yet to roll out any content, all they sing is "vote me cos im a youth", oh yea!! Hillary clinton once asked voters to give her a chance, haven failed in Libya, they must accept her cos she has tits, thats the downside of democracy.
Quite laughable!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by ozaovehe(m): 11:08pm On Apr 13, 2018
Every tom,dick and Harry are coming out now... let see how he stand again Buhari
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by ukejejohnson(m): 11:12pm On Apr 13, 2018
kimjongJezebel:

He's a bit older than I am or almost the same age range. With his education and exposure, he still went ahead, campaigned and voted for Buhari despite his terrible antecedents shows he's extremely myopic and beyond redemption.

I now prefer a dead rat than this guy called Durotoye

I thought Fela Kuti is long dead?

Please who's this one?
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by Nobody: 11:13pm On Apr 13, 2018
Holadokun:
Nigeria problem is more than english speaking... my question is what has been his contribution to Nigeria?

Politics is a numbers game, it's not about English speaking. Durotoye's total audience is less than 10% of the electorate, of which he will be competing with others. The 90% who determine who wins are the drivers, the Almajiris, the market women, the NURTW, farmers etc etc. and Durotoye does not speak their language. This is why the Likes of Fayose, Kashamu etc win elections not the Pat utomis or Durotoyes of this world because by the time you are ready to go down to the level of these electorate, you dont come out the same person.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by babasolution: 11:30pm On Apr 13, 2018
Holadokun:
Nigeria problem is more than english speaking... my question is what has been his contribution to Nigeria?

what was the contribution of GEJ or buhari ,who else is there to support lets try this man out

1 Like

Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by salford1: 11:33pm On Apr 13, 2018
geometricaxis:

Politics is a numbers game, it's not about English speaking. Durotoye's total audience is less than 10% of the electorate, of which he will be competing with others. The 90% who determine who wins are the drivers, the Almajiris, the market women, the NURTW, farmers etc etc. and Durotoye does not speak their language. This is why the Likes of Fayose, Kashamu etc win elections not the Pat utomis or Durotoyes of this world because by the time you are ready to go down to the level of these electorate, you dont come out the same person.

I wonder why their multivitamin speaker fails to see this instead of wasting his time. The votes of agberos youths alone in lagos would topple all of durotoyes vote all over Nigeria grin

1 Like

Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by clearcutz(m): 11:33pm On Apr 13, 2018
[quote author=XingXhang post=66689575]Fela, I like you as a person.

But motivational speaking isn't enough credential to lead a country like Nigeria.

In 1 year, your white hair would triple your dad's own.

There was a country [/quo
So what exactly does Buhari have....cows?
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by Emotionss: 11:37pm On Apr 13, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
kimjongJezebel:
This myopic and useless guy that campaigned for Buhari? So he suddenly realized Buhari is no longer the saviour... Mtchwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

This your username fit give person Hbp
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by Nobody: 11:37pm On Apr 13, 2018
Lazyreporta:
the Nigerian Youths on saturday came out in their numbers to canvass support for their next president come 2019. The man, Fela Durotoye has been choosen by the youths to lead the country to the promise land. The youths have cried for so long. They have been subjected to redicule by those who think they are not ripe to lead the nation and have thuse use this to embed corruption and all kinds of vices in the country. The country is going worse on corruption by the latest corruption index and this is the time to vote them out says one of the coordinators.

The march which started from the University of Lagos, moved to Yaba College of Education and down to Ojuelegba and its environs. The youths were happy and dancing. Maybe, this is the time that the country will finally be saved.

source......... https://www.zanzibarhub.com/posts/fela-durotoye-for-president-2019-says-nigerian-youths-(pix)

Let him buy the presidential election form for 27 million naira, den we will see how serious he is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by hinograce: 11:49pm On Apr 13, 2018
I feel bad reading comments of young people. I wonder if we have not been raped alot already. We are the ones that complain of no jobs, no social welfare, no infrastructural development, no plans what so ever by the old political class yet when someone gathers the courage we go all ballistic on the fellow. We should take a step back and in all sincerity ask our selves how this country will be in 20years time with the same people rotating d leadership with themselves. When someone says he wants to lead take out time and look at the persons personality and the way he has handled whatever he has handled which doesn't necessarily has to be political based. Sometimes you don't need to have a political antecedent to be able to lead a country. Especially in Nigeria where all that has been thought to newbies in the corridors is fraud and corruption. My fellow youth don't sell your future to people who don't care or have a plan for you or your unborn children. We cannot continue to do things the same way and get a different result. I dont believe in PDP or APC, I don't care if who I vote for doesn't win as long as I am good with what he represents. Let's be wise. I personally don't see anything wrong with Fela Durotoye. Let's give him a try. Please consider your unborn children and the kind of country you will want to see them grow in.

Warm regards

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by bonechamberlain(m): 12:14am On Apr 14, 2018
coolscott:

I actually did not know he did this but your statement is in my view, exactly on point.

We must question the brilliance we know of Fela Durotoye on account of this.

I have said before that 3 things made me in the last few years understand that Nigerians are not as intelligent as I had thought.

1). Voting for Buhari.

2). The learned people I saw swarm the MMM network and its clones

3). The way millions of Igbos rallied around a rabble rousing rabble rouser on a hidden radio station abroad (Nnamdi Kanu).

For FD to have invested his person in the person of general MB for president suggests the presence of highly flawed sentiments that can override easy-to-reach better judgment with him.

But come to think of it, the other young alternative, Sowore of Sahara Reporters supported the Buhari movement on its way to power.
well said. FD is ten times better than sowore. i rather go with FD, than support a raschal and bully
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by Baroba(m): 12:14am On Apr 14, 2018
The 5% keeps winning cheesy, so this clown wants to be president, he has two chances, Slim and none; Slim ain't even in town.. Don't worry Fella it's Sai Buhari till 2023.. Clowns
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by tundeport(m): 12:35am On Apr 14, 2018
Where is my boss,rich oil silent billionaire to context for presidential post pls,am ready to support the group
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by tundeport(m): 12:36am On Apr 14, 2018
All demo omotayo
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by tundeport(m): 12:38am On Apr 14, 2018
All I mean is Alhaji femi omotayo for presidential seat
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by Ade3000yrs(m): 12:41am On Apr 14, 2018
XingXhang:

Fela's probability of winning is 1%.
Who know know
See my correct guy wey sabi the thing
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by wman(m): 12:48am On Apr 14, 2018
Ade3000yrs:
Are u kidding me?? Is Nigeria now a comedy zone or comedy half hour or reality show? So now we are having different caricature, wanting to perch to experiment their fingers, incisors and toothless youth to grab their share of the national cake and loots? Truly where the carcass is, the vulture will surely gather. I never expected that it will all come to this kind of macho poster boy bill board advert. Una well done my fellow youths and record breakers. I dont have to be a false Prophet or TB Joshua to see how your airplane is going to land without, gear, tyres, wings, engines and run way.

I want to believe Unilag or OAU are ready to campaign for him. though I cant really recall which of the school this guy went but I doubt if this guy understand what it takes to lead a Nation like Nigeria else we would have another worse idiot in power in the name of bringing the youths in Power. Having prowess to write powerful motivational books is quite different from leading a nation that even if the best of European, and American Presidents or Prime ministers in history would fail to lead successfully well.

Nigeria and Africa is unique. American and European magic is not just possible here even if you believe the idea is just to photocopy everything you see in the white man's land. Lipton tea is quite different from Nescafe Coffee and Milo. Very soon all the comedians, music artiste and Nollywood stars will all soon start coming out to campaign for political office to make the whole drama more interesting, intriguing and suspense filled. Or worse still some Burger head Tokunbos from overseas would start trooping into Nigeria believing that the rest of us in the entire country and continent are clueless. May God say this seemingly and believed rugged rudderless old ship that has catered for all of our needs from the cradle even at the worst times of when our leaders where clueless and inefficient. The Joy is that Nigeria has a rugged country is a ship that has weathered all battering storms and has refused to sink.

It is high time people start seeing politics for what it is, even when Barrack Obama was the people's choice in the USA and first black American President in 2008 and 2012, history has it that Barrack Obama was one of the worst President That the USA ever had for his reckless financial decisions and further plunging the nation into more worse recession than his predecessor. Even when I was not much of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan overly Liberal fan, I always still score Goodluck Ebele Jonathan administration in Nigeria by far higher than the Obama Era in the USA. When i heard that Obama visited a few African Nations and boycotted visiting Africa, despite his 1991 Havard Magna cum Laude degree, I knew that Barrack Obama was another USA national disaster and failure and another black Kettle calling the pot black as he attempted to ridicle the then Nigerian President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan as to me I have always seen Obama a bigot far worse than the likes of the Past USA President, Warren Harding. There's more to politics than choice of the people, more than the fame, popularity, more than the cash and power and more than been Mr Celebrity and Mr Nice guy.

By the time you begin to here talks like the following;

"Nigeria and African present need is not heroics, but healing; not nostrums, but normalcy; not revolution, but restoration; not agitation, but adjustment; not surgery, but serenity; not the dramatic, but the dispassionate; not experiment, but equipoise; not submergence in internationality, but sustainment in triumphant nationality." just know that we have is another by far more worse President than President Barrack Obama" belived to be the Mr Nice Guy Poster boy.

You were making sense until you branched into Obama
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by thunderbabs: 12:50am On Apr 14, 2018
Plz oooo, endorse Fela with ur votes oooo.

Expel also with ur VOTES ooooo. Y'all know wha i mean... D cow man... Expel him to hz village.. Wickeding old man undecided
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by Truthcat: 1:00am On Apr 14, 2018
Sorry we already have Sowore, we all can't be running for president, let all lend a helping hand.
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by Robisky001(m): 1:30am On Apr 14, 2018
Waste of energy and resources... Sowore will give him a run for his money.
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by ProfTel98(m): 1:55am On Apr 14, 2018
Nobody seems to know him outside Lagos State o.
He better knows his direction and focus!... Not by jumping up and down..

We can't see/know any major work he's done for we... (youths)
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by Duru009(m): 2:11am On Apr 14, 2018
This guy should stop wasting the wife's money!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Isaac Fayose Stops Unknown Minister From Using One-Way In Maitama, Abuja / Sadiya Umar Farouk, The New Federal Commissioner For RMIDP (Photos) / Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.