Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,437 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Lagos-Abeokuta Road: How Do Lagosians Cope On This Road? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos-Abeokuta Road: How Do Lagosians Cope On This Road? (26693 Views)

Why Is This Road Designed Like This? (Pictured) / You Won't Believe This Road Is In Aba! / Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Road: How Do Lagosians Cope On This Road? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 12, 2018
The road i pass everyday..we are use to it. Go early and the traffic wil be light or enter the lasgbus and do 100 standing to oshodi oya nw..diz iz lagos the constructions wil be over soon cheesy
Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Road: How Do Lagosians Cope On This Road? by koxi: 9:00pm On Apr 12, 2018
How will they not cope, when this failed government has forced everyone's hands and made sufferings become a reality in the life of an average Nigerian...

A nation on reverse gear...

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Road: How Do Lagosians Cope On This Road? by KevinDein: 9:02pm On Apr 12, 2018
Bleeehhhh

The main question is how do lagosians open in Lagos.
Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Road: How Do Lagosians Cope On This Road? by ariesbull: 9:05pm On Apr 12, 2018
moscobabs:
AutoreportNG it's not easy o

My house is in Ijoko in sango area and o work in Iyana isolo I spend Atleast 8hours on that road everyday, I used to drive before but I have to leave d car behind when I can't cope with fuel money with my v6 car everyday.

I wake up latest 4am everyday and get home 11:30pm o. I'm planing to rent a room at Ileepo now to ease my life cos all the stress is affecting my health. Working like that for 6days in a week is killing me. Infact to have sex with my wife na war o, cos the dick won't even rise . Lagos no easy at all.

Ki olorun je ki a ko ere oko dele ni

Try buruntashi and thank me later....

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Road: How Do Lagosians Cope On This Road? by MiamiePizza(m): 9:05pm On Apr 12, 2018
The road is still very good compared to The Lagos-Badagry express way from semester to Mile 2, mehnnn its a dead trap.
Your first picture was at Dopemu bridge going to ikeja, the other was in Super around Abule Egba.
The only difference of this two roads is that more people ply the Lag-Abk road than Lag-BDG, all this roads need urgent attention, the federal government is working less. The Lagos -Badagry road project has been on for years now and the still haven't passed Okokomaiko from Mile 2(worst road in Lagos) and the Lagos -Abeokuta road is nothing to write home about, people said OBJ should have done it when he spent 8yrs in Ask rock but .
This roads need urgent attention.
Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Road: How Do Lagosians Cope On This Road? by Realdeals(m): 9:14pm On Apr 12, 2018
The current traffic on that route is a matter of time, the area has history of traffic logjam. Before the Abule Egba bridge was constructed there was complain for the need, during construction people were still lamenting. We must learn to be patience.
I see no reason for this sensational headline, even without the recent project, traffic has always been on that road and not even now when there are alternative route from Kola, Meiran all to link Iyana Ipaja.
Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Road: How Do Lagosians Cope On This Road? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 12, 2018
May God bless the person that brought up this topic
the experience on that Road is terrible the traffic is Mad heavy i just pity people who use that road every morning

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Road: How Do Lagosians Cope On This Road? by captainking(m): 9:29pm On Apr 12, 2018
moscobabs:

My house is in Ijoko in sango area and o work in Iyana isolo I spend Atleast 8hours on that road everyday, I used to drive before but I have to leave d car behind when I can't cope with fuel money with my v6 car everyday.

I wake up latest 4am everyday and get home 11:30pm o. I'm planing to rent a room at Ileepo now to ease my life cos all the stress is affecting my health. Working like that for 6days in a week is killing me. Infact to have sex with my wife na war o, cos the dick won't even rise . Lagos no easy at all.
you need to relocate asap.. Houses are even cheap in ile ipo.. It's unhealthy.. Me.. I am leaving Lagos for good..

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Road: How Do Lagosians Cope On This Road? by captainking(m): 9:30pm On Apr 12, 2018
MiamiePizza:
The road is still very good compared to The Lagos-Badagry express way from semester to Mile 2, mehnnn its a dead trap.
Your first picture was at Dopemu bridge going to ikeja, the other was in Super around Abule Egba.
The only difference of this two roads is that more people ply the Lag-Abk road than Lag-BDG, all this roads need urgent attention, the federal government is working less. The Lagos -Badagry road project has been on for years now and the still haven't passed Okokomaiko from Mile 2(worst road in Lagos) and the Lagos -Abeokuta road is nothing to write home about, people said OBJ should have done it when he spent 8yrs in Ask rock but .
This roads need urgent attention.
thats my daily route.. From iba to Lagos island.. My brother.. Going is not the problem. Cos I leave home 5am latest.. Coming back is the problem.. It's horrible..

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Road: How Do Lagosians Cope On This Road? by abbey086(m): 9:31pm On Apr 12, 2018
abiodunalasa:
O boy that route na die o shocked

One day, I was going to Abule Egba from Festac. On getting to Oshodi Around 6pm the bus were saying N300.
So I stood I stood back hoping to catch it cheaper... I regret my decision that day. I later left Oshodi around 8pm at the rate of N600 and that was even the cheapest rate.
you should have followed Iyana iba to iyana ipaja side.
Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Road: How Do Lagosians Cope On This Road? by Blessed89: 9:35pm On Apr 12, 2018
Very terrible I must say. Chai

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Road: How Do Lagosians Cope On This Road? by Aldebaran(m): 10:13pm On Apr 12, 2018
Cope?
Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Road: How Do Lagosians Cope On This Road? by 3kay945(m): 10:17pm On Apr 12, 2018
It is not a joke o. The government don't have any love nor sympathy for the masses. They just don't care.
And we the people, like zombie are coping without much or serious complain. Such a pathetic situation. undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Road: How Do Lagosians Cope On This Road? by eluquenson(m): 10:18pm On Apr 12, 2018
Ever since they started the road construction, I have boycotted that axis. I always make use of Berger - Ogba - Iju - Abule Egba inatead. Although, the distance might be longer but definitely better than driving inside the heavy traffic.
Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Road: How Do Lagosians Cope On This Road? by Bnenzzy101: 10:22pm On Apr 12, 2018
Ambode is too slow. See how fashola did all he did over night. Fashola is a great man.
Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Road: How Do Lagosians Cope On This Road? by ionsman: 10:54pm On Apr 12, 2018
Donald3d:
Na wa
We too dey complain for this country sef.
Goverment no do road....we complain
Dem do road .... we complain
At least endure small suffering before the road dey Ok na, no be everybody go enjoy am wen dem finish ?
Before you attack me that I don't know what I am saying , I have lived in that same Kola, along AIT rd since 2002.Being taking that Lagos Abeokuta road for 16+ years now.
The same AIT road was just tarred and completed, the Lagos Abeokuta road, is not that bad , all the way from Oshodi down to Tolgate, except for the construction spots that cause traffic (They are building a pedestrian bridge at Kola), and most IMPORTANTLY , ILLEGAL PARKING TO PICK PASSENGERS, thats what causes traffic most on that road, especially at Iyana Ipaja, then a little traffic again at Ile Epo, because of people buying stuufs at the market there.
The worse road on that axis, is from Sango going to Ifo.
Although I fault the government a bit.They are quite disorganized in the construction.As someone said above, they don't use enough lights at evenings/early in the morning and they cause unneccessary traffic and danger.Those machines are death traps
I advice they restrict their working hours to night...Funny enough they don't even work at night, they just disturb innocent commuters in the day time .
All in all , its for our benefit, just that their approach can be worked on.
I stand to be corrected anyway

The job Ambode did in this kola(AIT) is something else. Are you aware of the joke ayo to ile epo road they're creating?
Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Road: How Do Lagosians Cope On This Road? by chronique(m): 10:58pm On Apr 12, 2018
Is it just the amount of time wasted on that road alone? Any time I drive on that road,I end up pitying the car cos the pot holes are terrible.
Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Road: How Do Lagosians Cope On This Road? by bufness(m): 11:14pm On Apr 12, 2018
moscobabs:

i also live in ijoko i understand u, all the roads are terrible,body aches everytime i go out

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Road: How Do Lagosians Cope On This Road? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Apr 12, 2018
Redoil:
That is the zenith of apc trademark and hallmark.
They bring suffering sorrow tears and blood to nigeria
For sixteen years what did your hero and his party left as a legacy for you and the WAILERS?.
Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Road: How Do Lagosians Cope On This Road? by Buffalowings3(m): 1:31am On Apr 13, 2018
Donald3d:
Na wa
We too dey complain for this country sef.
Goverment no do road....we complain
Dem do road .... we complain
At least endure small suffering before the road dey Ok na, no be everybody go enjoy am wen dem finish ?
Before you attack me that I don't know what I am saying , I have lived in that same Kola, along AIT rd since 2002.Being taking that Lagos Abeokuta road for 16+ years now.
The same AIT road was just tarred and completed, the Lagos Abeokuta road, is not that bad , all the way from Oshodi down to Tolgate, except for the construction spots that cause traffic (They are building a pedestrian bridge at Kola), and most IMPORTANTLY , ILLEGAL PARKING TO PICK PASSENGERS, thats what causes traffic most on that road, especially at Iyana Ipaja, then a little traffic again at Ile Epo, because of people buying stuufs at the market there.
The worse road on that axis, is from Sango going to Ifo.
Although I fault the government a bit.They are quite disorganized in the construction.As someone said above, they don't use enough lights at evenings/early in the morning and they cause unneccessary traffic and danger.Those machines are death traps
I advice they restrict their working hours to night...Funny enough they don't even work at night, they just disturb innocent commuters in the day time .
I stand to be corrected anyway

Did you read the part where the road has been under construction since 2016 undecided
Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Road: How Do Lagosians Cope On This Road? by donqx: 1:40am On Apr 13, 2018
hmmmm
Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Road: How Do Lagosians Cope On This Road? by Charly68: 4:15am On Apr 13, 2018
Obj spent 8 years without constructing the road now he sees himself as king Kong ..God knows how to judge these leaders

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Road: How Do Lagosians Cope On This Road? by Alejob: 4:30am On Apr 13, 2018
Sorry case!
Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Road: How Do Lagosians Cope On This Road? by thunderbabs: 4:49am On Apr 13, 2018
Da road na Buhari --suffer suffer undecided
Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Road: How Do Lagosians Cope On This Road? by mamatayour(f): 7:28am On Apr 13, 2018
I'm sick and tired of going through that road daily. The cause of the traffic is simply because the construction company could not even fill d pot holes dey created during dia mumu construction
Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Road: How Do Lagosians Cope On This Road? by Donald3d(m): 9:12am On Apr 13, 2018
Buffalowings3:

Did you read the part where the road has been under construction since 2016 undecided
Thats why I said
Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Road: How Do Lagosians Cope On This Road? by Donald3d(m): 9:13am On Apr 13, 2018
ionsman:

The job Ambode did in this kola(AIT) is something else. Are you aware of the joke ayo to ile epo road they're creating?
No sir, I am not aware, I no dey reach that joke ayo side
Modified :
I just remembered, I have heard about it, I have not seen it myself
Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Road: How Do Lagosians Cope On This Road? by Yemiseun(m): 10:46am On Apr 13, 2018
Infact, I dont know
Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Road: How Do Lagosians Cope On This Road? by lifenajeje(m): 11:59am On Apr 13, 2018
moscobabs:

Kai...its well....y not rent the room around isolo and environs I see no point getting one in ilepo cos that's almost half d distance covered moreover the road would be complete by the end of the year...so there is no point

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Road: How Do Lagosians Cope On This Road? by oguchei: 4:31pm On Apr 13, 2018
Its so unfortunate and pathetic what the commuters go through on that road every day from Oshodi up to Sango.What pains me the most is the prolong delay in the work by the contractors.For example,to construct the drainage at a popular bus stop at PAKO Immediately after Iyanu dopemu bus stop has been on for months,yet the contractors don't know what to do.Pls the Lagos state government need to monitor and supervise the contractors so that the work can be completed.
Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Road: How Do Lagosians Cope On This Road? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 13, 2018
Wish kin post be this one??
Are you asking me??

Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Road: How Do Lagosians Cope On This Road? by laudate: 10:38pm On Apr 13, 2018
temmy6996:
I wish the project was given to a better company. No PPE, poor quality of work, no halogen lamps @ 9t or very early in the morning to indicate that work is going on and this same Lagos state government locks up sites where compliance with construction ethics are ignored . Ambode needs to look into this.

Even on Sunday, there is heavy duty traffic on the road. undecided I once left Lagos Island on a Sunday night at 7p.m to visit a friend in Alagbado. it took me 5 hours to get to Alagbado from Ikeja. That was the end of that friendship! angry Abi, na who wan die inside traffic?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Panic As Car Goes Up In Flames In Ogba During Rush Hour(Pics) / Truck Driver Killed In Accident While Being Chased By Revenue Collectors (Pix) / First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.