Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,297 members, 7,954,183 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:48 PM

Offa Robbery: Police Arrest 12 Suspects (List Included) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Offa Robbery: Police Arrest 12 Suspects (List Included) (52803 Views)

Offa Robbery: SARS Tortured Us To Implicate Saraki, Petitioners Told Panel / Offa Robbery: Policemen Took N400,000 Bribe From Robbers Before Robbery-Vanguard / Offa Robbery: Quarrelling Couple Killed At Police Station (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Offa Robbery: Police Arrest 12 Suspects (List Included) by ifeanyija(m): 8:02pm On Apr 13, 2018
Aniwhyte:

Some of the afonjas or whatever u calls them are tribalistic but u guys own are more worst, make una try get small sense abeg.
Weda worst or not, you guys are also into crime
Re: Offa Robbery: Police Arrest 12 Suspects (List Included) by agarawu23(m): 8:05pm On Apr 13, 2018
They should make sure those arrested are the main culprit and not innocent people. Bcoz Nigeria police is a joke
Re: Offa Robbery: Police Arrest 12 Suspects (List Included) by Elliot2(m): 8:05pm On Apr 13, 2018
We should be very careful picking lost stuffs like phones on the ground;criminals can drop stolen stuffs on the ground for unsuspecting people to pick them. This can distract law enforcers,and the innocent ones would be picked up!

3 Likes

Re: Offa Robbery: Police Arrest 12 Suspects (List Included) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:06pm On Apr 13, 2018
EMMAUGOH:
The truth of the matter is that if governance refuse to improve and police and military are used against protesters.... Expect more of youngsters go into robbery to survive.. This yahoo yahoo cancer of a thing should be also looked into.

Almost 10 people has asked me where they can learn yahoo yahoo.... Majority are below 25
No plan atall for young persons under 25!

Naija is a anyhow country.
Re: Offa Robbery: Police Arrest 12 Suspects (List Included) by ruffDiamond: 8:06pm On Apr 13, 2018
Mostly innocent boys...
Forget it naija police are die-hard criminal undecided
The police man who robbed me of my phone in broad daylight and in the full glare of public confirmed my assertion sad they are no better than the suspects they are parading.. Third world Criminal in unform angry
Re: Offa Robbery: Police Arrest 12 Suspects (List Included) by our9ja: 8:06pm On Apr 13, 2018
Bro Fulani herdsmen are sponsor by politicians
satelliteDISH:
What a miracle! So the Nigerian police can successfully apprehend suspects within one week yet they can't arrest even a single fulani heldsmen in benue and kaduna for more than 3 years now. What an irony.
Re: Offa Robbery: Police Arrest 12 Suspects (List Included) by john650(m): 8:07pm On Apr 13, 2018
How does one carry out an armed robbery in their own town? It's like stealing from your own family. Didn't they know they will be recognized?

RIP to those that lost their lives. What exactly were these robbers thinking, they will kill and go free?

1 Like

Re: Offa Robbery: Police Arrest 12 Suspects (List Included) by Seun360(m): 8:09pm On Apr 13, 2018
Youngzedd:
They deserve to die slowly in pains.
No wasting of resources feeding them in prison with tax payers money.

So, you believe those were actually the bandit that raided Offa.

1 Like

Re: Offa Robbery: Police Arrest 12 Suspects (List Included) by Sterope(f): 8:10pm On Apr 13, 2018
Nigerian police choose not to pursue criminals that is why everyone thinks they are ineffectual.

But if and when they choose to go after you, it does not matter if you came from Mars or wore an invisibility cloak to commit the crime.......they will catch you!!!.

I pity the suspects with caught with victim sim cards and phones. They may have been because of their ignorance.
Re: Offa Robbery: Police Arrest 12 Suspects (List Included) by Sterope(f): 8:11pm On Apr 13, 2018
They would have caught them even if they had come from Cameroon.

john650:
How does one carry out an armed robbery in their own town? It's like stealing from their own family. Didn't they know they will be recognized?

RIP to those that lost their lives. What exactly were these robbers thinking, they will kill and go free?
Re: Offa Robbery: Police Arrest 12 Suspects (List Included) by bimbim75: 8:16pm On Apr 13, 2018
aminulive:
@POLITICSNGR

The police have revealed the identities of 12 suspects who were arrested for alleged connection to the last Thursday’s robbery in Offa, Kwara State.

Jimoh Moshood, the police spokesperson at Force Headquarters, released details of the arrests, including recovered exhibits, in a statement to newsmen around 6:00 p.m. Friday.

Read the full statement below:

SUSPECTS
i) Adegoke Shogo 29yrs – Arrested in Offa

ii) Kayode Opadokun 35yrs – Arrested in Offa

iii) Kazeem Abdulrasheed 36yrs – Arrested in Offa

iv) Azeez Abdullahi 27yrs – Arrested in Offa

v) Alexander Reuben 39yrs – Arrested on the 11th April, 2018 in Lagos

vi) Jimoh Isa 28yrs – Arrested on the 11th April, 2018 in Lagos

vii) Azeez Salawudeen 20yrs – Arrested in Offa and victim’s phone and sim cards recovered from him

viii) Adewale Popoola 22yrs – Arrested in Offa and victim’s phone and sim cards recovered from him

ix) Adetoyese Muftau 23yrs – Arrested in Ibadan, Oyo State

x) Aminu Ibrahim 18yrs – Arrested in Ilorin

xi) Richard Buba Terry 23yrs – Arrested in Ilorin

xii) Peter Jaba Kuunfa 25yrs – Arrested in Ilorin

These three (3) last suspects in whose possession another Beretta pistol and Fourteen (14) rounds of live ammunitions were recovered.

EXHIBITS
i. Two (2) Beretta Pistols

ii. Twenty (20) Rounds of Live Ammunition

iii. Four (4) Phones and SIM cards belonging to victims, some of whom were killed during the attack

Consequent on the Inspector General of Police, IGP Ibrahim K. Idris NPM, mni, deployment of high-powered Police Investigation Team, Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC), Three (3) units of Police Mobile Force (PMF) and Anti-Robbery equipment to Kwara State to carryout discreet investigation into the banks robbery, prevent further attacks and bring perpetrators to justice; the high-powered Police Investigation Team deployed in synergy with the State Criminal Intelligence and Investigation Department have arrested the Nine (9) above mentioned Armed Robbers directly involved in the Banks Robbery and attack on a Police Station in Offa, Kwara State.

2. The Police teams engaged in massive raids of identified criminal spots/flashpoints, stop and search operations, visibility and confidence building patrols, intelligence gathering which led to the arrest of the suspects. Some of the arrest also involved serious exchange of gun fire between the Police and the suspects in their various hideouts.

3. The following are the suspects arrested and have admitted to the various criminal roles they played in the banks robbery attacks and are also assisting Police investigation into the incident.

i) Adegoke Shogo 29yrs Native of Offa Kwara State, he was arrested in Offa after the bank robbery and the attack on the Police Station. He is drug baron and also an Indian Hemp dealer in Offa Kwara State. According to intelligence gathered from cultivated and reliable informant, he is alleged to be one of the sponsors of the robbery attack and the Police Station in Offa. He has made useful statements to the roles he played in the armed robbery.

ii) Kayode Opadokun 35yrs Native of Offa Kwara State, He was found out to have been released from Prison Three (3) months ago after Serving only 8months of his sentence years for Armed Robbery, Notorious Armed Robber and confirmed Gang member of the Offa Bank Robbers. A Barrette pistol and six (6) rounds of live ammunition was recovered from him. He has admitted to the criminal roles he played in the Offa Banks robbery.

iii) Kazeem Abdulrasheed 36yrs Native of Offa Kwara State, A Gang member from whom a Victim’s phone was found. He was arrested in Offa

iv) Azeez Abdullahi 27yrs Native of Offa Kwara State, Gang member from whom a Victim’s Phone and SIM Cards were recovered.

v) Alexander Reuben 39yrs Native of Isoko LGA Delta state, He is a Notorious, Deadly and Hardened Bank robber from whom GMPGs, Rocket launchers and Several Rifles were recovered in 2015, He was released from Prison in December 2017. He was arrested on the 11th April, 2018 in Lagos.

vi) Jimoh Isa 28yrs Native of Okene Kogi State indicted by Technical intelligence generated on the Bank Robbers. He was arrested on the 11thApril, 2018 in Lagos.

4. Three000 (3) suspects namely Azeez Salawudeen 20yrs, Adewale Popoola 22yrs and Adetoyese Muftau 23yrs from whom Two (2) phones and SIM cards belonging to victims were recovered have also made confessional statements admitting to the various roles they played in the commission of the crime.

5. (i) Aminu Ibrahim 18yrs – Arrested in Ilorin,

ii) Richard Buba Terry 23yrs and

iii) Peter Jaba Kuunfa 25yrs

These three (3) suspects in whose possession another Beretta pistol and Fourteen (14) rounds of live ammunitions were recovered were arrested in connection with the Offa bank robbery. They have previously been investigated and charged to court for armed robbery and cultism. They have made confessional statements admitting to the various criminal roles they played in the recent bank robbery in Offa.

6. All the suspects during investigation confessed to the various criminal roles they played in the commission of the crime, however, investigation is being intensified to arrest other suspects still at large and bring them to justice.

7. The Nigeria Police Force once again deeply commiserates with the Government and People of Kwara State, most especially the people of Offa and the families of the victims. The Force will leave no stone unturned in unravelling this dastard act and bring all those responsible to justice. The Force appreciates the supports from members of the public so far and calls for calm and their cooperation to sustain the normalcy that has been restored in the State.

https://politicsngr.com/just-police-capture-12-suspects-responsible-offa-bank-robberyfull-list/
You people can't do anything during the operation time when killed scores of people but can arrest them when the operation is over.Arresting innocent people so that they will hail them.

1 Like

Re: Offa Robbery: Police Arrest 12 Suspects (List Included) by BrownRoofRep: 8:18pm On Apr 13, 2018
scholes0:

STFU

Unless the criminality DNA in Igbos is at a 99% dominance rate, why should you be happy or relieved the names of the perpetrators of a bank robbery in KWARA are not Igbo names. Must you people “develop” everywhere with criminal activities? At least leave home turf of others for them to "develop".

The bank robberies in Imo and Abia like the Owerri bank robbery, go check those ones, you will see your money mongering brothers’ names full there.

Afonja ritualistic demons, naturally wicked souls. Hypocrites to the core.
They don't even rob banks but were shooting innocent people for fun and this fallen demon is here calling people that have nothing to do with this shameful acts.

Shameless hypocrites.
Afonja skull miners.

3 Likes

Re: Offa Robbery: Police Arrest 12 Suspects (List Included) by dubene: 8:19pm On Apr 13, 2018
timilehing:
Innocent people
innocent people going around with guns
Re: Offa Robbery: Police Arrest 12 Suspects (List Included) by omongbatim: 8:19pm On Apr 13, 2018
scholes0:

He wasn’t debunking anything, he was being foolish.
Should I for example be getting happy that there are no yoruna names in an owerri bank robbery as if that is supposed to exonorate my tribe of criminal activities or what?

Your second statement only shows your IQ.

Shut Up you chipmunk, Babapupa AKA Eko Ile. Despite all we know about crime and rituals in SW, you guys have always lived in denial. Slowly your bubbles are being bursted and your oozy rumps are being exposed with each blow of the wind.

2 Likes

Re: Offa Robbery: Police Arrest 12 Suspects (List Included) by Buffalo2(m): 8:20pm On Apr 13, 2018
I said it that going by their number, they ll soon be caught and a very small detail ll sell them out. See as they undo themselves by going about with phones and SIMs of the victims. Kudos to the IGP team.
Re: Offa Robbery: Police Arrest 12 Suspects (List Included) by callthefred: 8:24pm On Apr 13, 2018
So those who even stole victims phones have been automatically tagged suspects in the case. I bet the real culprits are already in Benin Republic or Ghana.

1 Like

Re: Offa Robbery: Police Arrest 12 Suspects (List Included) by gidjah(m): 8:30pm On Apr 13, 2018
Tochyodiks:
My man na innocent people (not the main thieves in this case) these robbers ain't dumb enough to carry evidence with them or stick around offa, they left since.. It's just people who were unfortunate to be in similar business as the main guys.. Imagine a thief who suffer finish rob 5banks and STILL USING A VICTIMS SIM CARD.. Lol
really wondering o, may be some of them were around d scene after d robbery to watch and sympathise but ended up as d normal hoodlums would do....picking pockets up to d extent of picking dead bodies phone!!! thqts very callous a thing to do.but sha they aff met their water loo!! The court shall decide their case
Re: Offa Robbery: Police Arrest 12 Suspects (List Included) by tunjibadosnen: 8:34pm On Apr 13, 2018
hmm, it is finished for this country. an ex convict returning to armed robbery barely a year after released, shm!
Re: Offa Robbery: Police Arrest 12 Suspects (List Included) by femliany(m): 8:35pm On Apr 13, 2018
scammer.story story nija police I hail ooop
Re: Offa Robbery: Police Arrest 12 Suspects (List Included) by Ghostmode2two(m): 8:36pm On Apr 13, 2018
Naija coti hmmmmm. NPF don start with their lies. Innocent people arrested because you can't tell me that bank robbers that succeeded in robbing more that 2 banks and attacked a police station would still be in Offa. Lies everywhere you go- NPF
Re: Offa Robbery: Police Arrest 12 Suspects (List Included) by neeyeesky(m): 8:36pm On Apr 13, 2018
goodnews777:
Nothing else is known to destroy a country like Islam.

Destroy up to d 10th generation of your family. Oloshi, Oloriburuku, omo iran kiran, werey omo iya Aje
Re: Offa Robbery: Police Arrest 12 Suspects (List Included) by blackboy(m): 8:37pm On Apr 13, 2018
i dont believe. call me doubting thomas but i find it hard to believe. looks like a black book was opened n they were gone after
Re: Offa Robbery: Police Arrest 12 Suspects (List Included) by alobright17(m): 8:38pm On Apr 13, 2018
fuckingAyaya:
i pity the 12 innocent boys
I pray same Innocent boys visit you one day..... say amen.
Re: Offa Robbery: Police Arrest 12 Suspects (List Included) by fuckingAyaya(m): 8:53pm On Apr 13, 2018
alobright17:
I pray same Innocent boys visit you one day..... say amen.
am sure u are from Togo u dont know the way Nigeria police operate,they can pick random guys from hotel,bar or club and label them suspects
Re: Offa Robbery: Police Arrest 12 Suspects (List Included) by HRich(m): 8:57pm On Apr 13, 2018
BUHARImyDOG:
NO single IGBO MAN, IGBO AMAKA

The Igbo men involve are still counting the Money that was stolen,

I'm surprised so many people will believe this report, it takes a harden criminal to Rob Bank,

These are innocent smokers,
Re: Offa Robbery: Police Arrest 12 Suspects (List Included) by Anonymous11: 8:58pm On Apr 13, 2018
With all due respect Nigeria police need to supply hard evidence that will proof the nexus between the arrested suspects with the Offa bank robbery. Four mobile phone found with some of the suspect could have been sold to them...

No mentioned of the looted money yet?

No mentioned that the bank CCTV had verified any of the arrested suspects yet?

What kind of half baked news is this...
Re: Offa Robbery: Police Arrest 12 Suspects (List Included) by IYANGBALI: 9:00pm On Apr 13, 2018
naijawho:
Nice one....
Hope say no be innocent Nigerians dem arrange so
I no see innocent among them o, I hear sey him don become born again.
Re: Offa Robbery: Police Arrest 12 Suspects (List Included) by bellotaofeek: 9:00pm On Apr 13, 2018
You ought to have allowed Lai Mohammed to publish this........ Liars
Re: Offa Robbery: Police Arrest 12 Suspects (List Included) by fksymbol: 9:01pm On Apr 13, 2018
Holywizard:
What If some of them were forced to confess?
probably all of them might have been compelled to admit committing the offense.. Where SAS during that operation.. Hmmmmm after hours of operation Nigeria police dey sleep then... Mtchew
Re: Offa Robbery: Police Arrest 12 Suspects (List Included) by alobright17(m): 9:04pm On Apr 13, 2018
fuckingAyaya:
am sure u are from Togo u dont know the way Nigeria police operate,they can pick random guys from hotel,bar or club and label them suspects
Just amen to the prayer...... imagine how you just concluded in calling them innocent already without any investigation.

there names are there they've made confessions , you can't just call them innocent already, all of them for that matter haba.
Re: Offa Robbery: Police Arrest 12 Suspects (List Included) by fotadmowmend(m): 9:05pm On Apr 13, 2018
Well done NPF please make sure dos people don't get away this time...... I am not sure that bank robbers would go after Victims' phone.... Those arrested with phones might be those small theives that went after lost phones after dem oga don go.... But thief na thief
Re: Offa Robbery: Police Arrest 12 Suspects (List Included) by Kakamorufu(m): 9:11pm On Apr 13, 2018
What happened to laying low For 8 months, After pulling off such job.

Moreover, I hope it's not some innocent people they gathered there sha angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After / Nigerian Man Jailed For Fraud In United States, To Refund $1.6m / 45-Year-Old Man Rapes 12-Year-Old Girl In Delta, Says Older Women Are Wide (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.