Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region (28419 Views)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / Free Satellite Channels Receivable In Nigeria/west Africa/africa / (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region by lovala(m): 3:20am On May 14, 2010
Hello members, some of our new members usually keep asking questions related to dish sizes, receivable satellites and their transponders receivable within our sub region. I thought I should lay out a child board that may help release the stress from contimously repeating answers to such questions here. My knowledgeable gurus can make me toe the line where ever I diverge from the truth. What I am posting are for the satellites I have personally tracked. My equipment, for now are: a 90cm Eurostar dish, a 65cm Strong dish, a eurostar lnb (for the Eurostar dish and strong lnb for the strong dish; and a strong SRT 466X stb. Here we go:

Intelsat 7/10 68.5 deg East:
Dish size(s): 30cm, 65cm, 90cm.
Working transponders (tps): 12722(H)26657, 12722(V)26657, 12682(H)26657, do an auto or blind scan to get the rest.

Sirius 4, 4.8 deg East:
Working transponders: 12605(V)29950 make sure your quality is above 75 (so as to get feeds) and then blind scan to get the rest of the tps.
Eutelsat W3A, 7 deg East:
Dish size: >90cm.
Working tps: 11192(V)3210, 10976(V)3333, 12728(V)30000. Like above get the highest quality, above 65 (else video will be freezing0 and blindscan for the rest of the tps.

Astra 2b, 28.2 deg East
Working transponders: 12599(V)3250, 12572(V)2854, 12617(V)9999. Get the best quality you can obtain (above 60) then blindscan for the rest of the tps:

NSS7, 22 deg W
Working tps: 10986(V)30000. Blindscan for the rest of the tps.

Eutelsat 4/7, 36 deg East:
Working tps: 12437(H)23437, get highest quality level and blindscan for the rest of the tps.

How to get the highest quality of your image is left to you and your LNB.

I am yet to bring down eutelsat W6 and have not yet mounted my 1.8m dish (d tin get some heavy bolts wen I neva see before). Thus, I am still lacking when it comes to C-band channels.

I hope others can take my queue and pile up the rest of the tps that can be gotten by different dish sizes above 90cm in this little space.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region by Ameboperoo(m): 8:21am On May 14, 2010
Great job there. But is it really possible to get all those birds on 30cm dish? I believe Sirius, NSS7 and Astra2b can be gotten. Though not personally proved. Begginers are encouraged to use 90cm for the first time.
Re: Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region by freshp(m): 4:10pm On May 14, 2010
FOR NILESAT 101/102 7O WEST

1.8M SOLID PAN OR FIBRE DISH FOR THOSE IN THE NORTH AND SOME PART OF THE MIDDLE BELT(E.G KOGI)

2.4M AND ABOVE FOR THOSE IN THE SOUTH. grin
Re: Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region by lovala(m): 9:32pm On May 14, 2010
Ameboperoo :
Great job there. But is it really possible to get all those birds on 30cm dish? I believe Sirius, NSS7 and Astra2b can be gotten. Though not personally proved. Begginers are encouraged to use 90cm for the first time.

@Ameboporoo:
I agree with you that it is preferable that beginners start out with 90cm dishes to do their tracking. Concerning whether all the birds mentioned are trac kable with 30cm dishes, my answer is that only with EW3A did I run into a wall when I was carrying out my tests. Also, I did capture EW4/7 with 65 and 90cm dishes but by then my 30cm was no longer available. I guess I should pull this one out of the 30cm track able birds except if some else have done so.
Re: Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region by twinskenny(m): 4:33pm On Dec 19, 2010
hi guyz

I need to pull up this thread again for those asking question about what type of dish to use for a particular sat.

I think the info is very very valuable for newbies.
Re: Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region by twinskenny(m): 4:39pm On Dec 19, 2010
and if any member has any other sat they can also add,  to keep this thread alive
Re: Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region by freshp(m): 7:06pm On Dec 19, 2010
twinskenny:

and if any member has any other sat they can also add,  to keep this thread alive

Thanks Twins at least a lot of people will now know how to go about a lot of things. . .especially with 3 in1 and 2 in 1 setups coming up now.
Re: Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region by freshp(m): 7:39pm On Dec 19, 2010
twinskenny:

and if any member has any other sat  they can also add,  to keep this thread alive

Thanks Twins at least a lot of people will now know how to go about a lot of things. . .especially with 3 in1 and 2 in 1 setups coming up now.
Re: Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region by Ussals(m): 7:54pm On Dec 19, 2010
@all i live in nasarawa state, i tried all i could to track w6 with my 90cm but no success, but thank GOD i was able to get it with 180cm, please is any boby in our region tracking it with 90cm?
Re: Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region by twinskenny(m): 9:17pm On Dec 19, 2010
Ussals:

@all i live in nasarawa state, i tried all i could to track w6 with my 90cm but no success, but thank GOD i was able to get it with 180cm, please is any boby in our region tracking it with 90cm?

in lagos here the signal is dancing between 50 to 60%, but since uve gotten it with the 180cm u have nothing to worry about
Re: Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region by mclechelle: 5:07pm On Dec 23, 2010
Can somebody give me the frequencies for Badhr, Eutelsat w6 and Nilesat?
Re: Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region by mclechelle: 5:09pm On Dec 23, 2010
And the sizes of dish to be use in it
Re: Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region by twinskenny(m): 10:02pm On Dec 23, 2010
mclechelle:

And the sizes of dish to be use in it

where is ur location?
Re: Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region by okenze2003(m): 5:29am On Dec 24, 2010
what size of dish can one use to track badr 5 at Abuja and in the Eastern Nigeria and the working frequency pls
Thanks
Re: Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region by mclechelle: 11:23am On Dec 24, 2010
I'm in south-south Nigeria Akwa Ibom
Re: Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region by JOEWAYNE(m): 9:54pm On Apr 01, 2011
i think sirus feeds is hardly recieved wif 60cm since early 2011 but is recievable wif* 90cm.can someone direct me where i hv gone wrong.
Re: Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region by pofolo(m): 10:35am On Apr 02, 2011
JOEWAYNE:

i think sirus feeds is hardly recieved wif 60cm since early 2011 but is recievable wif* 90cm.can someone direct me where i hv gone wrong.

dats true, use 90cm dish, track 12605h29950 to over 92%, skewing your lnb at 7'o clock, den blind scan. u should get ur sirius feeds.

enjoy.
Re: Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region by fagbs: 11:01am On Apr 02, 2011
pofolo:

dats true, use 90cm dish, track 12605h29950 to over 92%, skewing your lnb at 7'o clock, den blind scan. u should get your sirius feeds.

enjoy.

@ Oga Pofolo, Skewing the LNB @ 7pm facing the dish or from the back of the disk? Thanks for favourable reply.
Re: Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region by oxteen: 11:35am On Apr 02, 2011
Ma question is which frequency can i nail together on eutelsat w3a 7¤ with a different LND on one dish is 90cm, Since its possible to track eutelsat w4a/w7a nd Astra 2b @ in one dish, please i need gurus responed to ma quiz help me with w3a nd astra 4a @ 4.8¤E/ sruis ?
Re: Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region by 2legit2qt(m): 2:27pm On Apr 09, 2011
fagbs:

@ Oga Pofolo, Skewing the LNB @ 7pm facing the dish or from the back of the disk? Thanks for favourable reply.

I think it shld b facing d dish.
Re: Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region by Lanceosas(m): 2:00pm On Aug 25, 2011
Pls man do u have ideal of the name nd freq of the bird which is at the right hand side of intelsat 7/1o but his as high as w3 pls i need reply
Re: Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region by TOWNJUJU: 4:05pm On Sep 16, 2011
Hmmm!
Re: Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region by ABUTHAOBAN(m): 6:00pm On Sep 16, 2011
what size of dish can i use for nilesat in osun state
Re: Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region by lovala(m): 2:10am On Sep 19, 2011
ABUTHAOBAN:

what size of dish can i use for nilesat in osun state

I live in Yaounde Cameroon and I guess we should be sharing the playing field. If that be the case then my broda, except you want to perform some fta feat (which has already been done before) use 2.4m and above sized dish to avoid headaches!
Re: Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 18, 2012
@all,
you can use satstar.net for list of all the satellites receivable at your location eg Bauchi
Re: Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region by okolie1(m): 9:19pm On Jun 19, 2012
My decoder is str4663x can i use it to track all this bird? Plz help
Re: Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region by lovala(m): 11:25pm On Jun 19, 2012
okolie1: My decoder is str4663x can i use it to track all this bird? Plz help
@okolie1:
srt4663 are mpeg2 stbs and as such limit you to SES4, EW4/7, IS7/10, EW3A/Astra4A, IS NewDawn, IS17 and all the other satellites carrying channels broadcasting in SD and MPEG2. If you want to enjoy the freebies from Astra 2B, EW3C, etc, get yourself an MPEG4 decoder, better still an HD decoder.
Re: Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region by okolie1(m): 8:35am On Jun 20, 2012
@lovala
How much does hd decøda cost. Thanks so far
Re: Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region by akinsola118: 11:33am On Aug 17, 2012
plz help guys .....i av mpeg 2 decoder and a 1meter dish ....wat sat can i use it track ? i love football and movies.am stayin on ife,osun-state.....plsssssssssss help brodas.
Re: Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 12, 2013
Re: Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region by Seaman2010(m): 7:09pm On Dec 19, 2013
Please, what is the TP to track SES 5 And Eutelsat 7A at 7 degrees East. Which is a better Satellite in terms of Sports and Movies?
Re: Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region by Seaman2010(m): 4:59am On Dec 20, 2013
Please, what is the TP to track SES 5 And Eutelsat 7A at 7 degrees East. Which is a better Satellite in terms of Sports and Movies?

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Nexbox A95X TV box for as low as 18k / How To Watch Dstv For Free / Dstv Extra View Alert Issues,help!!!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.