Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? (8301 Views)

The Surefire Way Of Getting Your Prayers Answered / She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me / 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 16, 2018
MissRaine69:

Civilisation exsisted before colonisation which came under the guise of trade and Christianity. If you refuse to accept it that’s your issue more. Faith no more fool of a lifetime
now I see that u are one misguided Numbskull, understand this fact Africa was in bondage spiritually but was also far behind in colonisation infact the most developed part in Africa was mostly part of north africa the likes of Morocco and Egypt I don't see ur lineage around those areas. Christianity has helped you in so many ways but you can go to hell If u don't care
Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 16, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

I JUST REALIZED THAT I'VE BEEN CONVERSING WITH A F00L ALL ALONG.

HOW DARE YOU SAY AFRICA WAS OF NO GOOD BEFORE THE EUROPEANS CAME?

I DON'T HAVE TO GIVE YOU THE HISTORY OF AFRICA.

LIFE AND EDUCATION STARTED IN AFRICA (FAMOUS SCHOLARS LIKE PLATO & PYTHAGORAS CROSSED OCEANS AND DESERTS TO COME AND SCHOOL HERE BECAUSE THE BEST EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION AS OF THEN WAS IN AFRICA).
THE EUROPEANS HAS DONE AS MUCH AS WIPE OFF MOST OF OUR HISTORY, NOW YOU'RE LETTING THEM WIPE OFF YOUR BRAIN.

LET'S ASSUME AFRICA WAS IN BONDAGE BEFORE WE GOT THE BIBLE, WHAT IMPROVEMENTS HAVE THE BIBLE MADE? WHAT HAS BEEN THE CONTRIBUTION OF THE BIBLE TO OUR MORAL, PHYSICAL, AND ECONOMICAL DEVELOPMENT IN THIS COUNTRY SINCE 1960?

THERE'S ENOUGH EVIDENCE THAT THE FIRST HUMANS LIVED IN AFRICA. CHRISTIANITY AGREES WITH THIS BECAUSE THE EVIDENCE IS UNDENIABLE, BUT YOUR BIBLE TALKED ABOUT ONE ADAM AND EVE.. AND ABRAHAM AND BETHLEHEM... NOT BECAUSE IT'S THE TRUTH, BUT BECAUSE THOSE STORIES WERE WRITTEN BY AND FOR THE PEOPLE OF THAT PARTICULAR REGION. WE HAVE NO BUSINESS WITH THEIR TRADITIONAL STORIES SAME WAY WE HAVE NO BUSINESS WITH THE SCOTTISH FOLKLORE OR THE MAYAN TALES.

ROME USED ITS OPPORTUNITY WELL WITH THE BIBLE AND THAT'S WHY WE'RE HERE TODAY. IF THEY HAD USED THE CELTIC OR NORSE BOOKS TO POLITICALIZE EVERYTHING I'M SURE YOU'LL BE HERE ARGUING WITH ME HOW THOR DIED FOR YOUR SINS.. AND HOW I SHOULD REPENT AND JOIN YOU IN ASGARD.

I see you have been reading ur bedtime mystery books, Christianity among other religion stated off badly but has spread to all continents,the pioneers were despised by their people but the publishers of this gospel came from mighty continents and now ur own country is flowing with Christians and note Christianity is never coercive,but the flourishing religions in different countries never did spread this way,the practices of the Aztec the Maya the Eskimos the aborigans,Hinduism, Buddhism ,Celtic and others.even the wild spread Islam is by war.

I can imagine u an atheist proclaiming the name of Allah at the site of a jihad.

I just laugh at confused hypocrites like u trying to claim wisdom.smh
Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by CAPSLOCKED: 1:00pm On Apr 16, 2018
MissRaine69:

If you think Christianity benefited Africa then you are indeed a bigger fool than you realise. It was the very tool used to keep the continent in bondage
it’s not mere coincidence that the poorest countries on this planet have one religion in common.

I NEVER TAUGHT OF THIS.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by MissRaine69(f): 1:04pm On Apr 16, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

I NEVER TAUGHT OF THIS.

Now you know
Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by CAPSLOCKED: 1:05pm On Apr 16, 2018
Chidorx60:
I see you have been reading ur bedtime mystery books, Christianity among other religion stated off badly but has spread to all continents,the pioneers were despised by their people but the publishers of this gospel came from mighty continents and now ur own country is flowing with Christians and note Christianity is never coercive,but the flourishing religions in different countries never did spread this way,the practices of the Aztec the Maya the Eskimos the aborigans,Hinduism, Buddhism ,Celtic and others.even the wild spread Islam is by war.

I can imagine u an atheist proclaiming the name of Allah at the site of a jihad.

I just laugh at confused hypocrites like u trying to claim wisdom.smh

JUST THE SAME WAY MANY PEOPLE PROCLAIMED JESUS AT THE SITE OF A CRUSADE. smiley

CHRISTIANITY JUST LIKE ISLAM SPREAD THROUGH WAR AND VIOLENCE... NOT THROUGH ANY DIVINE INSPIRATION.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by ebenholer(m): 1:07pm On Apr 16, 2018
This question is not biblical and seems coming from those who are graduating to become atheists
Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by ebenholer(m): 1:12pm On Apr 16, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

CHRISTIANITY JUST LIKE ISLAM SPREAD THROUGH WAR AND VIOLENCE... NOT THROUGH ANY DIVINE INSPIRATION.
If becoming a Christian is to be done through war, the larger percent of the world would have belonged to Christians cos the earliest sophisticated weapons of war were invented by Christian nations
Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 16, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

"through war and violence" I LOL,okay so how does atheism spread I'll give you a tip,through the devil and through unnecessary desires of wannabes trying to identify with Stephan hawking and Albert Einstein and many other atheist they admire.
BTW the second reason is mostly for the majority of Nigerian atheist.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by CAPSLOCKED: 1:27pm On Apr 16, 2018
ebenholer:

If becoming a Christian is to be done through war, the larger percent of the world would have belonged to Christians cos the earliest sophisticated weapons of war were invented by Christian nations

THE LARGER % OF THE WORLD WERE CHRISTIAN NATIONS... UNTIL PEOPLE BEGAN TO SEE THE JOKE FOR WHAT IT TRULY IS.

DID YOU SAY EARLIEST WEAPONS WERE INVENTED BY CHRISTIAN NATIONS?

I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN BY CHRISTIAN NATIONS...

BUT YOU SHOULD LOOK UP HOW CHRISTIANITY WAS TAKEN TO AMERICA AND OTHER EUROPEAN COUNTRIES.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by Kobojunkie: 4:56am On May 04, 2023
CalciumB3:
■ On many occasions I've been thinking about this, the bible says "thou shall not forsake the gathering of the brethren" And in other verses in the bible, some people prayed in their room and their prayer was answered (Daniel and Co). is it compulsory?
1. If you like, sleep in your church 24/7 days of your life, so long as you remain unrighteous, God will never answer any of your prayers. According to Scripture, God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; their every plea/petition/request is tainted with their sins(unholiness) and hence rendered an abomination to God. God does not answer any prayers said by anyone who is still a slave to sin, not even their pleas for forgiveness of sins are heard by Him. God only answers the prayers of the righteous; He delights in granting them the desires of their hearts because it is for them that His love is stored — those who live their lives in continuous submission and obedience to His every direct teaching and commandment. undecided

So, if you like, remain yes-man to your pastors and mogs for all of your life, God will not answer any of your prayers no matter how much you press or desire for Him to. He demands nothing less than righteousness from all those who desire to benefit from Him. That is why Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God(holiness) and God's righteousness in order that all these things — the blessings and benefits of the Kingdom of God— shall be added on to each. undecided
Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by Kobojunkie: 9:21pm On May 05, 2023
yanabasee:
All you need is to pray!!!... And God will surely answer your prayers!!!!
God says He only answers the prayers of the righteous, so unless you are already holy and righteous, God will never answer your prayers. undecided
Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by Kobojunkiee: 8:56pm On May 11, 2023
eddyslim:
You can pray in your room, and the prayer will be answered based on your believe
According to Scripture, it isn't based on your belief but based on whether you are God righteous or not. God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous as their every prayer, plea, praise, work, offering, and petition are made filthy with their sins and hence an abomination to God. undecided
Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by Kobojunkie: 9:29pm On May 13, 2023
Guapismo:
Why should u go to church before ur prayers are answered?
All the time it was recorded that Jesus prayed in the Bible was not even in the temple.
good observation! undecided
Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by Kobojunkie: 8:15pm On May 15, 2023
tammytam:
Bible says I choose to show mercy to who I please... so those not going to church does not mean that prayers cannot be answered... And if u find yourself going to church plz continue.
God's mercy and compassion do not necessary point to answers to prayer as He instead said He pours that out daily on even the wicked and the ungrateful. undecided
Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by Kobojunkie: 3:12pm On May 26, 2023
What is a church?
A collection of people who are connected by the same interest. In today's world, it is used primarily in reference to the business establishments linked majorly to those of the religion of Christianity. undecided
Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by Kobojunkie: 3:30pm On May 29, 2023
jrklinz:
■ have u ever wondered y david was termed a man after Gods on heart inspite of d killings he commited.same implies 2 we, God sees d heart of every man & blesses him according 2 his faith.yes! fellowship with d saints bt also know dat among d saints there are wolves in sheep clothings.
David was termed by God a man after His own heart because David was righteous in His youth. And this is the reason why his errors were forgiven by God — God forgives the sin of the righteous but the unrighteous require sacrifices to purge them of their wickedness. undecided
Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by Kobojunkie: 3:36pm On Oct 09, 2023
CalciumB3:
On many occasions I've been thinking about this, the bible says "thou shall not forsake the gathering of the brethren" And in other verses in the bible, some people prayed in their room and their prayer was answered (Daniel and Co). is it compulsory?
Your churches are houses built on lies so how can? undecided

You see, Scripture states that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the pleas and requests and every petition, praise, offering, work, plea, sacrifice, etc., of the unrighteous are tainted by their sins(disobedience/unholiness) and are hence an abomination to God. So, what is definite is that even your many pleas for the forgiveness of sins are not answered by God given that God made no special exemptions for that kind of plea. No amount of praying can cause God to change His mind regarding that which concerns the unrighteous by the way. So if you are thinking of prescribing more prayers that only means you really don't understand or know God at all. undecided

God, however, openly bragged about how He only answers the prayers of the righteous; He delights in granting them the desires of their heart meaning that they are those who he loves. For this very reason, Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God and God's Righteousness in order that all things— the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(holiness), answers to prayers included—shall be added on to them. And as Jesus Christ explained in His Gospel, the only way to become Holy, and then also Righteous, is by way of continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, god's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of god - John 8 vs 31 - 36 & John 14 vs 15 - 23. Jesus Christ is the only way. Obedience to the Truth of God is the one and only path to Gof and to His righteousness. No amount of praying and other religious rituals can accomplish that. undecided

God deals indirectly with the unrighteous, the same way He deals with the unbelievers including the wicked and the ungrateful and that is by pouring out His mercy and kindness on them daily. So every time as an unrighteous you feel that God has answered your prayer know that at that same moment, or moments before that, God also provided the same mercy or similar to someone else across the world — or maybe just across from you— who does not even believe in God, nor asked God for anything. So, if answers from God are what you seek, then do what Jesus Christ said you should, which is to seek first the Kingdom of God(holiness), and then God's righteousness, in order that all these things —the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(including answers to prayers) can be added to you. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

97⁰ Fahrenheit ☀️☄: What Spiritual Book Have You Read? Be Careful (18+) / Is Kissing A Sin? / Chakra Opening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.