Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

What Is Wrong With My Mom? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Wrong With My Mom? (37610 Views)

I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by Laeroy(f): 8:02am On Apr 17, 2018
Ezkid:
Well as an African I believe it's disrespectful and rude to diss or called out my mom for her unhealthy attitudes but I think its high time I make it public so people who has witnessed or experience such can give to me a valuable advice.

My mom was once a successful hair dresser and she was the breadwinner of our family until she became born again, she abruptly stopped plating hair for her customers based on what she tagged "unbiblical" She basically affirmed that she'll never touch attachments and synthetic hair again in her life and ever since then things hasn't been going smoothly again.

My Dad now has got a Rick Ross fatlike woman as a second wife and I think the whole situations has taken its toll on my mom's mental health, she's literally cut herself off from the outside world and everything always mean something extra terrestrial to her.

My Mom would see a gecko on the wall and believe it was sent from hell to drag her to the underground, We always packed from one apartment to the other thanks to her intolerance toward other people. Omg! She'll always find faults with her co tenants, everybody is either a witch or a spy from the underworld.

There's one thing she did that convinced me she's struggling from mental instability, we packed out from one house to a flat like apartment, do u believe my mom went back there and packed the huge rocks we used to make fire? She tagged them as her property which can never be left behind, she'll play with u today only to become unresponsive when u greet her tomorrow, she stopped her work almost 20 years ago and ever since then has become a liability on my dad and a burden on us the children, it disgusts me to feed her with my hard earned money when she's hale and healthy, she's the reason my dad was unable to send me to the university because the burden is too much on him.

What I find ridiculous about her is her mindset, her mind was wired to believe we owed her a living when in reality it's the opposite, when my dad is unable to send money she'll become so tensed and angry, its so annoying how she find it difficult to realize she is the PROBLEM of the family.

Pls I need good advice on what kind of help we the children can seek on her behalf cos its obvious she needs help. Thanks all.

Yours is better, If I begin to narrate to my own ehnnnn, Ull thank God for urs....

And to think urs is similar to my case toooo.....my parents are deeper life members, who practically cut ties with other members of their family, especially my mum, she sees every other person as wicked, mean , whereas she's the ......... herself, I can't begin to narrate all here....

recently she called and asked why my siblings and I don't come here, I told her if I were staying in the north or somewhere very far from her. she won't ask me to always come.....now her actions has so much affected my dad dat he has started misbehaving cos he is always lonely. ..

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by kense88: 8:02am On Apr 17, 2018
Oritzy:
Does anything the OP wrote about his mother a negative influence to him?? Let's focus n this topic bro. First it's Outrightly disrespectful to bring your mom to public. And I repeat again. even if she's a witch I will celebrate her.
Hmmm. My brother, you are suppose to provide for your child all his needs till he is an adult. Failing to do so, will have a very negative effect on his chances of survival.

Since when does seeking for a solution to an arbnomal behave become an insult? Are you suppose to retire from job at the age of 30, just for another person to assume your responsibility. My brother reason am well na.
The woman needs medical attention.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by Jesusbaby49: 8:02am On Apr 17, 2018
Too bitter a person. Extremely bitter.. Look at the way he is talking about his mum. Smh

5 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by fennels007(m): 8:08am On Apr 17, 2018
Ezkid:
Well as an African I believe it's disrespectful and rude to diss or called out my mom for her unhealthy attitudes but I think its high time I make it public so people who has witnessed or experience such can give to me a valuable advice.

My mom was once a successful hair dresser and she was the breadwinner of our family until she became born again, she abruptly stopped plating hair for her customers based on what she tagged "unbiblical" She basically affirmed that she'll never touch attachments and synthetic hair again in her life and ever since then things hasn't been going smoothly again.

My Dad now has got a Rick Ross fatlike woman as a second wife and I think the whole situations has taken its toll on my mom's mental health, she's literally cut herself off from the outside world and everything always mean something extra terrestrial to her.

My Mom would see a gecko on the wall and believe it was sent from hell to drag her to the underground, We always packed from one apartment to the other thanks to her intolerance toward other people. Omg! She'll always find faults with her co tenants, everybody is either a witch or a spy from the underworld.

During those days when her business was doing well was she a good christian? Just asking.

In most cases, some businessmen/women who patronized charm makers to boost their business suffer such fate later in life. Not saying that's her case pls. If you can approach her and pique her knowledge about making biz grow, you might get good info.
Wish you well.

There's one thing she did that convinced me she's struggling from mental instability, we packed out from one house to a flat like apartment, do u believe my mom went back there and packed the huge rocks we used to make fire? She tagged them as her property which can never be left behind, she'll play with u today only to become unresponsive when u greet her tomorrow, she stopped her work almost 20 years ago and ever since then has become a liability on my dad and a burden on us the children, it disgusts me to feed her with my hard earned money when she's hale and healthy, she's the reason my dad was unable to send me to the university because the burden is too much on him.

What I find ridiculous about her is her mindset, her mind was wired to believe we owed her a living when in reality it's the opposite, when my dad is unable to send money she'll become so tensed and angry, its so annoying how she find it difficult to realize she is the PROBLEM of the family.

Pls I need good advice on what kind of help we the children can seek on her behalf cos its obvious she needs help. Thanks all.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by amakadihot87(f): 8:08am On Apr 17, 2018
Ezkid:

I guess you'll give anything to have her back if she abandoned you in your childhood days, smh for African mentality, they always idolized their parents even when they lack parental care, its not my choice to come through her and as such she owed me a living, those spilling trashes here have forgotten that you can only take care of your parents if they took care of you. She unwittingly cut her source of income thereby denied those innocent kids the good lives they deserved. Im just over 20 and I have kids sisters and brother, now their responsibility has indirectly fallen on me because sometimes when dad isn't around I took it upon myself to feed them with my hard earned money including her, it has become obvious im on my own on issues regarding my education and I've accepted my fate but what I won't accept is feeding her with money im supposed to support myself and my education with.
i think am beginning to understand................you know theres an adage that says 'he whose work has not finished shouldnt rest'.......had it been that she has seen you guys through school or learning a trade then her retirement could have been justified
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by Nedfed(m): 8:11am On Apr 17, 2018
Onyochejohn:
that's why you fail exams
U're more prettier than giving an insults
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by fennels007(m): 8:11am On Apr 17, 2018
During those days when her business was doing well was she a good christian? Just asking.

In most cases, some businessmen/women who patronized charm makers to boost their business suffer such fate later in life. Not saying that's her case pls. If you can approach her and pique her knowledge about making biz grow, you might get good info.
Wish you well.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by kense88: 8:12am On Apr 17, 2018
aureen:

You are an idiot/dickhead for supporting verbal abuse of parent, I expect nothing from a person like you who was conceived in hate.
That's exactly what we are talking about. A product of useless and irresponsible parents. You all deserve one another. Okpo

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by kense88: 8:16am On Apr 17, 2018
UjuJoan2:

Actually I don't think he is. He is bitter and resentful because he doesn't feel like he has a mother. Just because someone gave birth to you doesn't mean she is a mother.

Why did she abandon her responsibilities towards her children all in the name of religion. If she didn't want to be a hair dresser, she should have made plans for a viable alternative, not completely abandon her duties. Now she expects these same children she selfishly refused to cater for, to cater for her. It's just not fair.

There should be a balance in life. We take care of our parents because they took care of us when we couldn't . . . What happened when they abandoned their own duties half-way, and you had to struggle extra hard to be where you are, while the person that brought you to this earth lazies about. Let's quit being sentimental and be practical for once.

I'm a woman, and I'll sell my blood for cater for my kids if I have to. There's just no escaping that!
you have a lot of class.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by hypnotic(m): 8:17am On Apr 17, 2018
Take care of your mom, period.

Your mom will continue in this character if she finds no love from home

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by BrideOfDracula(f): 8:17am On Apr 17, 2018
Your mother is obviously not "hale & healthy", she's showing symptoms of mental health issues. What you described here is called delusions of reference. Instead of castigating her, be more sympathetic & get her help asap. These kind of things are also hereditary, but the onset is often much later for men, especially if the mental disorder is schizophrenia. To understand what's bothering her is to understand what could bother you or your siblings some years down the line. Educate yourself on mental health.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by aureen: 8:20am On Apr 17, 2018
kense88:
That's exactly what we are talking about. A product of useless and irresponsible parents. You all deserve one another. Okpo

Stop hidding on a faceless forum, you are a fool conceived in hate if you don't go to Twitter and support verbal abuse of parent, So now go to Twitter grin grin

Your parent and loved ones must be ashamed of a top verbal abuser of parents in the world. grin grin
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by Oritzy: 8:26am On Apr 17, 2018
kense88:
Hmmm. My brother, you are suppose to provide for your child all his needs till he is an adult. Failing to do so, will have a very negative effect on his chances of survival.

Since when does seeking for a solution to an arbnomal behave become an insult? Are you suppose to retire from job at the age of 30, just for another person to assume your responsibility. My brother reason am well na.
The woman needs medical attention.
my brother as much as I want to believe you very reasonable post, I will also like to stand my grounds my guy for our parents no matter what situation they are into, they are our own. we shouldn't wash their dirty linens outside on the pretence of getting help. And as for working hard for my kids, I sure do cos my own parents did too, but I refuse to be ungrateful.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by Evablizin(f): 8:26am On Apr 17, 2018
daben1:
his story doesn't warrant this. even if you're not yet mature, pretend to be!
Thank you. smiley
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by kullozone(m): 8:26am On Apr 17, 2018
victorian:

Has it ever occurred to you and everyone at home, that she's tired of working?
She simply need a break and she has finally hang her boots on working all day for the upkeep of the family.
She simply want to rest at her old age. So let her be.
Go and hustle. You are still. Young and vibrant.
And lastly don't compare your family with others, or else u will always find faults in your mum.
Everyone in the home, should Appreciate her, love her, respect her and see how she will change from been troublesome to calm and soft mother.
She is simply tired!

She's not tired, just brainwashed by a pastor/pastor.
The reason she stopped making hair is because she tagged such work "unbiblical" smiley
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by kense88: 8:29am On Apr 17, 2018
aureen:

Stop hidding on a faceless forum, you are a fool conceived in hate if you don't go to Twitter and support verbal abuse of parent, So now go to Twitter grin grin

Your parent and loved ones must be ashamed of a top verbal abuser of parents in the world. grin grin
Idiots like you will expect there 8 year old son to start giving them money. That is the height of your delusion. Ode

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by soonest(f): 8:29am On Apr 17, 2018
Your mum has a mental issue. I'm certain cos i deal with such patients everyday. Please take her to a psychiatric hospital for a mental evaluation. The church/her being born again isnt the cause instead mental illness makes them overly religious.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by vincentus16: 8:29am On Apr 17, 2018
OneCorner:
no mind ur mama... she no get sense cool
idiot!!!
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by aureen: 8:32am On Apr 17, 2018
Oritzy:
my brother as much as I want to believe you ery reasonable post, I will also like to stand my grounds my guy for our parents no matter what situation they are into, they are own we shouldn't wash their dirty linens outside on the presence of getting help. And as for working hard for my kids, I sure do cos my own parents did too, but I refuse to be ungrateful.

Good point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by kullozone(m): 8:39am On Apr 17, 2018
victorian:

Not every woman can work till 80years or 100years old.

Every woman body mechanism is different. So let her be and appreciate her presence until God calls her.

Do u know there are some young wives who do not wish to work. Have seen young married women who prefer to stay at home, breed kids, cook and simply attend to home duties, than go out there and hustle. Women of 26, 30,35,40, etc. They are everywhere world wide.
They just want to be housewife and there is nothing there husband can do about it, than to manage the situation.

So it's good, u all have left her to do her own thing.

My landlady she's 50years old, her husband is late. She doesn't work. All she does is collect rents from houses the late husband has built down. Then her grown up children, who lives abroad and also in Lagos. Pays her ticket fee to go spend vacations with them in UK, for like 3months before coming back to Nigeria. She has maids, she has some shops her daughters are handling for her.

All she does, is keep tabs of her rents and small businesses by the side, then sometimes organize birthday parties for herself.

What will u say about this one? Is she not a woman? Is she old? Just 50years. She doesn't work but enjoys life. While their is a 65years old lady cleaning our surroundings three times a week with other compounds on the street. This woman will work her heart out, after cleaning I will see her carrying bottles on her head, she's heading to the market to sell palm oil.

U can see the difference. Every woman with her own kadara, as Yoruba will say it.

So just accept your mum like that.

Stop advising the op wrongly... OP, please don't accept her that way, she's not mentally stable. Take her to a hospital(psychiatric) and get her back to her senses, so she'd be able to enjoy the rest of her life.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by ashjay001(m): 8:42am On Apr 17, 2018
VULCAN:
So the mum bears no responsibility for her actions. Typical African mentality you have-Never accepting responsibility for ones affairs

Is there no relation, btw d mom, discovering religion n becoming a despicable human? Even d law, foreign n local, have laws to cater to such!
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by aureen: 8:44am On Apr 17, 2018
kense88:
Idiots like you will expect there 8 year old son to start giving them money. That is the height of your delusion. Ode

Clearly it's not the holy spirit that is influencing your thoughts, I repeat I will never support verbal abuse of parents, if you are a human being and you are proud of yourself and your purpose in life which is verbal abuse of parents then go to Twitter now or reveal your identity on this forum or else you are nothing but a fool who hate/is ashamed of him/herself and have no love, what a pity because your children will do same to you( you shall reap the verbal abuse that you have sowed, ode)
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 17, 2018
kestolove95:
ova 20yrs of marriage ur dad still keep ur mum in rented apartment? nd he has money to marry another liability instead thinking towards an asset? ur dad is the problem, beta leave that woman alone and u guys own her alot..mothers ar never wrong even when we think dey ar..

Shut ur sentiment there! Did you comprehend what this guy said before saying his dad is the problem? Did you read the line where he said "his father couldn't send him to university because of the burden the mother puts him"?

When will you female folks stop being sentimental in every of ur approach?
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by Funkybabee(f): 9:01am On Apr 17, 2018
To start with don't give her a cash set up a business for her and let her realize that it's a credit u used to start it and u can likewise sit her down converse with her when she Is cool.this thing does not require constrain 'agidi'tell her to know the circumstance u are and ur father since she declined to help him at the matured of 50 above I think u need to boost of house or cars.advise her and let her know even if there is senior brother who u can meet and speak to her together there is no issue and furthermore pray to God for her there may be compel pushing her to do those character
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by victorian(f): 9:03am On Apr 17, 2018
kullozone:

Stop advising the op wrongly... OP, please don't accept her that way, she's not mentally stable. Take her to a hospital(psychiatric) and get her back to her senses, so she'd be able to enjoy the rest of her life.

OK maybe am advising him wrongly , let's assume. but do u think op is ready to spend a dime on pyschatric hospital? Cos news flash! pyschatric hospital is not free.
To admit a patient there, he has to deposit 50k first, after she has been strapped on one of their beds. Before other bills of toiletries, and other utilities she will need there comes up, so at the end he will end up spending 80k with things she will need there and her daily drugs and injections.
That's one.

After 3months or so, th hospital will call him that they are going on break , so he should come pick his mum and with the look of things, shes well and OK.

Trust me, he will go back and pick up a very quiet and trancelike mum cheesy
That will just be staring at him blankly grin.
When he takes her home, she will be like that for like 6months or so. Then maybe she may think of working again but I honestly doubt it.

So op, take your mum to pyschatric but hold. N80k with u For the bills and admission, that's if u even have sef cool.

But what of his dad, no one is mentioning the dad.
Or fathers are not meant to pay children school fees and provide financially for the home.. It's only mothers Abi?

Smhhhhhhh.

My late dad, God bless his memory. Single-handedly trained 17children to University level. All graduates. At the end only 5 are successful, the rest are just there. But at least he tried his best as a man during his time. No child or wife could fault him.

But only one child or even two sef, nowadays men will complain, gnash their teeth, grumble to take care of. But if it's to marry second wife and have side chicks, here and there. that's where u see their strength. Smhhhh.

I shake head in disgust at the kind of young me we have these days. They don't want any responsibility, only to fucvk and impregnate, that's all they know. Smhhhh

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by boyjo: 9:08am On Apr 17, 2018
Ezkid:

Your Mum attends Mountain of Fire and Miracle?
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by lamlek22: 9:10am On Apr 17, 2018
The kind of spiritual messages she listens to could have bad effects on her. I'm sorry she may not get over it. Pray God help your finances, relocate her, change that church she attends and she will marginally improve.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by Ajisebioyolaari: 9:13am On Apr 17, 2018
funmike83:

Yes you are true, the mum must be suffering in silence which unfortunately the children that are to support her have been brain washed by their dad and the 2nd wife. 80% of women in psychiatric hospital today are there because of what men did to them. How can the Dad marry a second wife in a rented apartment and still sat it is because the mother is not working he is unable to send the kids to school but he has the money to marry a second wife. Please don't forget the fact that they must have dated for long before eventually bringing the woman in . only God knows wat they did to your mum. The op is actually not talking likely matured dude. If care is not taken , you will never get anytging good from your dad courtesy the new wife. Stand up and fight for your mother and please take care of her. I use to think my mum was mean toy Dad when I was young, until later when I got married , she later sat me down to tell all wat she faced. Please I am sure she has a lot to say.
very true bro.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by kullozone(m): 9:15am On Apr 17, 2018
pawshjai:
why x dis op nd sum lazy peple here telllin me..i cudnt go to sch bcus of my mum...ranting nd makin noise abt how dey arent successful bcus of sum... i tink u are d lazy one here...do u knw dre are orphans today wu saw demselve tru sch nd all...dey wish dey hv a mum or dad to cum feed frm dre pocket nao....liv ur mum alone.. she has her life .liv urs...u are a fool to mk urself useless bcus ur mum wasnt dre for u...ur children ll blame u for ur misfortune.. if u nt careful..ur kid too myt bring ur p here oneday..bcareful

Really difficult reading your comment, because of your extreme use of shorthand.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by kense88: 9:18am On Apr 17, 2018
aureen:

Clearly it's not the holy spirit that is influencing your thoughts, I repeat I will never support verbal abuse of parents, if you are a human being and you are proud of yourself and your purpose in life which is verbal abuse of parents then go to Twitter now or reveal your identity on this forum or else you are nothing but a fool who hate/is ashamed of him/herself and have no love, what a pity because your children will do same to you( you shall reap the verbal abuse that you have sowed, ode)
It will be justified and I will accept it whole heartedly if I fail to carter for them without any health issue holding me back. Unlike fools like you trying to reap were they did not sow.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by pawshjai(f): 9:18am On Apr 17, 2018
kullozone:

Really difficult reading your comment, because of your extreme use of shorthand.
lolz...sorry jare...i cnt help it...typin cn b stressful reali..i ll try nextym
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by Ajisebioyolaari: 9:19am On Apr 17, 2018
odigbosky:

i feel it is schizophrenia. Similar thing happened to my mun and we failed to follow same path instead we followed the ojuju thing which they said once worked but that shit didn't work again. But the bottom line is when something bad happens to them and they don't share it....pple like them sink into depression which can be so hazardous. This thing has ruined my family completely
sorry about your family bro. We rarely seek the attention of mental health facilities thinking that only completely insane people needs attention. But the truth is many of us experience depression as a result of what we go through. We need to watch closely and seek good healthcare instead of always attributing everything to spiritual forces. Time will not permit me to narrate how my sister's case began and what we went through for 3 years.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

This Girl Is Missing / IVF Nigerian Babies: Twins, Triplets, Quadruplets (Pictured) / 61-Year-Old Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After 40 Years In Marriage. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.