Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League (32320 Views)

Benin Gets To The Quarter Finals Of AFCON2019 Without Winning A Single Match / Okocha Named In FIFA Legends Squad Ahead Of 2018 World Cup / Moses Ruled Out Of 2018 World Cup Over Injury (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by 234GT(m): 6:50pm On Apr 16, 2018
Very on point.
If Roma could dump Barca,Impossible is nothing.

1 Like

Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by Badboiz(m): 6:51pm On Apr 16, 2018
Nice
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by valdes00(m): 6:52pm On Apr 16, 2018
kuanvevo:
ROMA IS MY CLUB

I HAVE BEEN A FAN FOR YEARS.

THEY CALL ME ROMA IN GAME SHOPS COS I DISCIPLINE PEOPLE WITH JUST THAT CLUB

WE BEAT CHELSEA

WE BEAT BARCELONA

WE ARE NOT THE BEST.. BUT WE HAVE ONE THING "RESILIENCE"

WE STRUGGLE, WE THRIVE

ROMA. TILL I DIE

I think I am the only Roma fan in west Africa gringringrin
Sorry to burst ur bubble, u r not the only Roma fan in Nigeria, talking more of west africa...
My friend can murder because of AS Roma, a big fan of totti right from small.... Even when it comes to PlayStation, its Roma.... He wnt change even if it involves betting on PS, Roma all the way.... When we lost to Roma, I ran away frm patrick for many days. ... Yuck

3 Likes

Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by omocalabar(m): 6:55pm On Apr 16, 2018
that ur lecturer is a fool....when a constituted authority infringes on ur rights, u shud do what exactly?
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by Nascad: 6:56pm On Apr 16, 2018
Roma VS Barcelona is a lesson to all women; don't judge a man from his first round!

4 Likes

Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by Goodgate111(f): 7:00pm On Apr 16, 2018
mosho2good:
President Xi Jing Peng of China said:

When I was a small child , I was very selfish, always grabbing the best for myself. Slowly, everyone left me and I had no friends. I didn’t think it was my fault but instead criticized others.

My father gave me 3 lessons to help me in life.

One day, my father cooked 2 bowls of noodles put the 2 bowls on the table. One bowl has one egg on top and the other bowl does not have any egg on top. He said ”My child. You choose. Which bowl do u want”. Eggs were hard to come by those days! Only get to eat eggs during festivals or New Year. Ofcourse I chose the bowl with egg! As we started eating. I was congratulating myself on my wise choice/decision and wallop up the egg. Then to my surprise as my father ate his noodles, there were TWO eggs at the bottom of his bowl beneath the noodles! I regretted so much! And scolded myself for being too hasty in my decision. My father smiled and said to me, ”My child. You must remember what your eyes see may not be true. If you intend on taking advantage of people, you will end up losing!”

The next day, my father again cooked 2 bowls of noodles: one bowl with an egg on top and the other bowl with no egg on top. Again, he put the two bowls on the table and said to me, ”My child. You choose. Which bowl do u want?” This time I am smarter. I chose the bowl without any egg on top. To my surprise, as I separated the noodles on top, there was not even a single egg at the bottom of the bowl! Again my father smiled and said to me, ”My child, you must not always rely on experiences because sometimes, life can cheat u or play tricks on u. But u must not be too annoyed or sad, just treat this as learning a lesson .You cannot Learn this from textbooks.

The third day, my father again cooked 2 bowls of noodles, again one bowl with an egg on top and the other bowl with no egg on top. He put the 2 bowls on the table and again said to me, ”My child. You choose. Which bowl do u want?”. This time, I told my father, ”Dad, u choose first. You are the head of the family and contributed the most to the family. ”My father did not decline and chose the bowl with one egg on top. As I eat my bowl of noodles, Sure in my heart that there is no egg inside the bowl. To my surprise! There were TWO eggs at the bottom of the bowl.

My father smiled at me with love in his eyes, ”My child, u must remember!When u think for the good of others, good things will always naturally happen to u!”

I always remember these 3 sentences of my father and lived and do my business accordingly. True enough, my business was a roaring, success.

Xi Jing Peng
God bless you for sharing, inspiring!

3 Likes

Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by excel101(m): 7:06pm On Apr 16, 2018
kuanvevo:
ROMA IS MY CLUB

WE BEAT CHELSEA

WE BEAT BARCELONA

WE STRUGGLE, WE THRIVE

ROMA. TILL I DIE

Fair weather friends everywhere.
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by Jaybeee(m): 7:10pm On Apr 16, 2018
Hala Madrid
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by Aweezie(m): 7:11pm On Apr 16, 2018
Number 4 though. Victory is always sweet but never let your happiness intoxicate you.

1 Like

Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by kelvinjeremiah(m): 7:14pm On Apr 16, 2018
Nascad:
Roma VS Barcelona is a lesson to all women; don't judge a man from his first round!

Lolz. U na baddo
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by pafisayo(m): 7:16pm On Apr 16, 2018
mosho2good:

When I was a small child , I was very selfish, always grabbing the best for myself. Slowly, everyone left me and I had no friends. I didn’t think it was my fault but instead criticized others.

One day, my father cooked 2 bowls of noodles put the 2 bowls on the table. One bowl has one egg on top and the other bowl does not have any egg on top. He said ”My child. You choose. Which bowl do u want”. Eggs were hard to come by those days! Only get to eat eggs during festivals or New Year. Ofcourse I chose the bowl with egg! As we started eating. I was congratulating myself on my wise choice/decision and wallop up the egg. Then to my surprise as my father ate his noodles, there were TWO eggs at the bottom of his bowl beneath the noodles! I regretted so much! And scolded myself for being too hasty in my decision. My father smiled and said to me, ”My child. You must remember what your eyes see may not be true. If you intend on taking advantage of people, you will end up losing!”

The next day, my father again cooked 2 bowls of noodles: one bowl with an egg on top and the other bowl with no egg on top. Again, he put the two bowls on the table and said to me, ”My child. You choose. Which bowl do u want?” This time I am smarter. I chose the bowl without any egg on top. To my surprise, as I separated the noodles on top, there was not even a single egg at the bottom of the bowl! Again my father smiled and said to me, ”My child, you must not always rely on experiences because sometimes, life can cheat u or play tricks on u. But u must not be too annoyed or sad, just treat this as learning a lesson .You cannot Learn this from textbooks.

The third day, my father again cooked 2 bowls of noodles, again one bowl with an egg on top and the other bowl with no egg on top. He put the 2 bowls on the table and again said to me, ”My child. You choose. Which bowl do u want?”. This time, I told my father, ”Dad, u choose first. You are the head of the family and contributed the most to the family. ”My father did not decline and chose the bowl with one egg on top. As I eat my bowl of noodles, Sure in my heart that there is no egg inside the bowl. To my surprise! There were TWO eggs at the bottom of the bowl.

My father smiled at me with love in his eyes, ”My child, u must remember!When u think for the good of others, good things will always naturally happen to u!”

I always remember these 3 sentences of my father and lived and do my business accordingly. True enough, my business was a roaring, success.

Xi Jing Peng

Very nice
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by Kingson01(m): 7:21pm On Apr 16, 2018
FatGuy:
In your mind now you have made so much sense and you are a great motivator.

Nonsense post!

i think u need 2 get a life

2 Likes

Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by Chukwu222222(m): 7:23pm On Apr 16, 2018
Very nice and interesting lessons...thumbs up OP
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by excel101(m): 7:27pm On Apr 16, 2018
I fault 2 & 8. How is Man City mighty, when they've not won UCL B4 compared to Liverpool that has won 5 UCL's. Liverpool recently humiliated them in EPL. For the records Liverpool has over 10 league titles while Man City has about 3.

From No. 8, anybody can react in similar way Buffon reacted, under similar circumstances.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by kmaster007: 7:28pm On Apr 16, 2018
common sense 100%
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by ObagoalSam(m): 7:29pm On Apr 16, 2018
So we should fry beans.
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by Coldfeets: 7:36pm On Apr 16, 2018
Nice lessons.

I'm just wondering the type of lessons the semi finals will teach us most especially after Real Madrid is through with destroying Bayern Munich with no mercy.
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by shogsman(m): 7:45pm On Apr 16, 2018
[quote author=fabinfos post=66765944]Lately, football has been very interesting and exciting. There have been a plethora of fascinating lessons of life from football which everyone and anyone can actually reflect. Here, I bring to you 10 lessons learnt from the quarter finals of the UEFA Champions League.

1. Manolas & De Rossi:

These two Roma players were the ones that scored the two own goals against the Catalans in the first leg of the finals. Everyone was displeased with these two for their errors. However, in the second leg, each of them scored a decisive goal that was enough to send Barça packing from Champions League.
Lesson : Don't be quick to blame anybody in life. Don't feel offended by how people treat. This is because he who makes you angry t

oday can make you happy tomorrow.

2. Liverpool vs Manchester City

Liverpool eliminated and humiliated the premier league's table topper with class. This feat they couldn't accomplished in the league even.
Lesson : Don't feel intimidated by the mighty of your problem. Face it head on with determination and a single goal- to win. This way, your boldness will scare your problem and it will be easily conquered.

3 . AS Roma vs Barca

Football lovers all over the world, especially Barcelona fans would have been heavily shocked with the final outcome of this match. Who would had a thought that Roma would maul and qualify against Barça. I have never been born the last term Roma even reached Semis.
Lesson : Football is a game of two halves the same way life is. Put the greatness of your enemy behind you and you will see an ordinary enemy that is easily domitable.

4. Roma's chairman

When the final whistle was blown in the second league which meant Roma qualified, the man jubilated in the released video to the extent of getting a fine. Although, he agreed to pay the fine even more with excitement.
Lesson : When you are happy, don't hide it. Let the world knows you really are. Showing your happiness weakens the strength of your enemy.

5. Sevilla's elimination

Sevilla suffered a 1-2 defeat from the first leg in Spain and they couldn't still register a goal even despite their tough fight and struggles in the return match which ended a goalless draw.
Lesson: Life is not all about winning the same way football is not. It's not disappointment to lose, it's just the way it used to be sometimes.

6. Juventus's fans and Ronaldo

When Christiano Ronaldo scored the second goal in the first leg with overhead kick against Juventus, the camera was directed to Juve fans who were seen clapping in a standing ovation for their opponent in what means "No! You're the best.You deserve it". Ronaldo, seen this, didn't jubilate again and instead, put his hand on his chest and bent his head a little, a sign that means "Thank you". Exciting! Isn't it
Lesson : Strive to be successful to the extent that those that used to condemn you won't have a choice than to commend you. And always learn to give unto others what they give unto you- reciprocate the good.

7. Barcelona and Manchester City

Man City: +£354m eliminated
Barcelona: +£171m eliminated
Roma: -£33m qualified
Liverpool: -£38m qualified
Lesson: Just because you attend a public school doesn't mean you can't be better than someone that attends a private school. It's not always about money, it's about your value.

8. Buffon's red card

Being a captain in football simply means you must command the level of respect in all situations on pitch and off-pitch. Buffon was red carded as he didn't show manners when complaining to the referee.
Lesson : I go here by one of my University lecturers' saying... "Don't ever pick up a fight with an authority because you will never win." And always apply sense of humility and diplomacy in the presence of elders.

9. Lucas Vasquez's Penalty

Benatia in the post-match conference admitted that he pushed Lucas a little but he wasn't expecting him to fall. This mistake cost Juventus as Cristiano Ronaldo converted the spot kick that heaved the sigh of relief in their fans.
Lesson : Don't be like Benatia who lived in a glass house and was still throwing stone. Avoid taking decisions that can injure you or people around you.

10. Real Madrid!

It took Madrid injury time before they could score the decisive goal that ensures their qualification.
Lesson : Always fight till the end because it's the end that matters. Don't ever think of giving up. Always stay focus in your dream and know that it is the end that justifies the means. Juve lacked this lesson.

Source: http://kikiotolu.com/10-life-lessons-from-the-quarter-finals-of-2018-uefa-champions-le

You're just a bias real Madrid fan,chikena
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by RexTramadol1: 7:46pm On Apr 16, 2018
roger that.
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by snezBaba: 7:50pm On Apr 16, 2018
kuanvevo:
ROMA IS MY CLUB
WE BEAT CHELSEA
WE BEAT BARCELONA
WE STRUGGLE, WE THRIVE
ROMA. TILL I DIE
omo Yabatech cheesy
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by limitless777(m): 8:12pm On Apr 16, 2018
happinesssssssss:
Ftc
dy really mean FTC
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by akum78: 8:15pm On Apr 16, 2018
Nice One ..
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by saudatu(m): 8:23pm On Apr 16, 2018
mosho2good:

Xi Jing Peng

Hmm! Words of wisdom
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by Nobody: 8:25pm On Apr 16, 2018
Pure rubbish....how about 10 life lessons learnt from dicking chioma's pvssy
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by mikemodel24: 8:28pm On Apr 16, 2018
thaoriginator:
I could have been the first to comment if didnt spend time reading the whole thing.. It makes sense though. It's worth it.. Nice.

You got a like and share from me coz that a lesson learnt
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by Buffalowings3(m): 8:52pm On Apr 16, 2018
Nonsense
Op delete that public school comment

I wouldn't wish my enemy's son to attend a public primary school.

Oya take goandbuymoresense angry

Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by Buffalowings3(m): 8:55pm On Apr 16, 2018
mosho2good:

Xi Jing Peng

I know say the op tey yarn rubbish

But this comment is wisdom
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by Tonytonex(m): 9:15pm On Apr 16, 2018
LOVELY
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by Kaysalas(m): 9:27pm On Apr 16, 2018
mosho2good:

Xi Jing Peng
Abeg no vex, I just had to quote this so I can cone back to it later. Nice post bro

*** hey bro, I teach in a school, my pupils just demanded that I read this your story to them EVERYDAY!
wink wink wink
Tiri GBOSA 4 u

1 Like

Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by Harfisco(m): 9:49pm On Apr 16, 2018
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by Bimpe29: 9:51pm On Apr 16, 2018
Spot on. Op, your head is correct and optimally working.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Elma Aveiro: 'I Don't Understand How Juve Can Play Like This' / Enugu Rangers Wins First NPFL Title After 32 Years [photos] / Dolores Aveiro Has Breast Cancer: Cristiano Ronaldo Mum ‘Fighting For Her Life’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.