Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,813 members, 7,956,071 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:12 AM

10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League (32446 Views)

Benin Gets To The Quarter Finals Of AFCON2019 Without Winning A Single Match / Okocha Named In FIFA Legends Squad Ahead Of 2018 World Cup / Moses Ruled Out Of 2018 World Cup Over Injury (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by Tecno66: 10:00pm On Apr 16, 2018
I guese the figures shown in no. 7 is amount spent on players. If true, you are not correct because this season, I know Liverpool bought Chamberlain from Arsenal for about £45M & Virjik from Soutampton for £70M.
fabinfos:
Lately, football has been very interesting and exciting. There have been a plethora of fascinating lessons of life from football which everyone and anyone can actually reflect. Here, I bring to you 10 lessons learnt from the quarter finals of the UEFA Champions League.

1. Manolas & De Rossi:

These two Roma players were the ones that scored the two own goals against the Catalans in the first leg of the finals. Everyone was displeased with these two for their errors. However, in the second leg, each of them scored a decisive goal that was enough to send Barça packing from Champions League.
Lesson : Don't be quick to blame anybody in life. Don't feel offended by how people treat. This is because he who makes you angry today can make you happy tomorrow.

2. Liverpool vs Manchester City

Liverpool eliminated and humiliated the premier league's table topper with class. This feat they couldn't accomplished in the league even.
Lesson : Don't feel intimidated by the mighty of your problem. Face it head on with determination and a single goal- to win. This way, your boldness will scare your problem and it will be easily conquered.

3 . AS Roma vs Barca

Football lovers all over the world, especially Barcelona fans would have been heavily shocked with the final outcome of this match. Who would had a thought that Roma would maul and qualify against Barça. I have never been born the last term Roma even reached Semis.
Lesson : Football is a game of two halves the same way life is. Put the greatness of your enemy behind you and you will see an ordinary enemy that is easily domitable.

4. Roma's chairman

When the final whistle was blown in the second league which meant Roma qualified, the man jubilated in the released video to the extent of getting a fine. Although, he agreed to pay the fine even more with excitement.
Lesson : When you are happy, don't hide it. Let the world knows you really are. Showing your happiness weakens the strength of your enemy.

5. Sevilla's elimination

Sevilla suffered a 1-2 defeat from the first leg in Spain and they couldn't still register a goal even despite their tough fight and struggles in the return match which ended a goalless draw.
Lesson: Life is not all about winning the same way football is not. It's not disappointment to lose, it's just the way it used to be sometimes.

6. Juventus's fans and Ronaldo

When Christiano Ronaldo scored the second goal in the first leg with overhead kick against Juventus, the camera was directed to Juve fans who were seen clapping in a standing ovation for their opponent in what means "No! You're the best.You deserve it". Ronaldo, seen this, didn't jubilate again and instead, put his hand on his chest and bent his head a little, a sign that means "Thank you". Exciting! Isn't it
Lesson : Strive to be successful to the extent that those that used to condemn you won't have a choice than to commend you. And always learn to give unto others what they give unto you- reciprocate the good.

7. Barcelona and Manchester City

Man City: +£354m eliminated
Barcelona: +£171m eliminated
Roma: -£33m qualified
Liverpool: -£38m qualified
Lesson: Just because you attend a public school doesn't mean you can't be better than someone that attends a private school. It's not always about money, it's about your value.

8. Buffon's red card

Being a captain in football simply means you must command the level of respect in all situations on pitch and off-pitch. Buffon was red carded as he didn't show manners when complaining to the referee.
Lesson : I go here by one of my University lecturers' saying... "Don't ever pick up a fight with an authority because you will never win." And always apply sense of humility and diplomacy in the presence of elders.

9. Lucas Vasquez's Penalty

Benatia in the post-match conference admitted that he pushed Lucas a little but he wasn't expecting him to fall. This mistake cost Juventus as Cristiano Ronaldo converted the spot kick that heaved the sigh of relief in their fans.
Lesson : Don't be like Benatia who lived in a glass house and was still throwing stone. Avoid taking decisions that can injure you or people around you.

10. Real Madrid!

It took Madrid injury time before they could score the decisive goal that ensures their qualification.
Lesson : Always fight till the end because it's the end that matters. Don't ever think of giving up. Always stay focus in your dream and know that it is the end that justifies the means. Juve lacked this lesson.

Source: http://kikiotolu.com/10-life-lessons-from-the-quarter-finals-of-2018-uefa-champions-league/

1 Like

Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by Oduwils222(m): 10:13pm On Apr 16, 2018
The last one, hit me in the marrows.
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by plenty155(m): 10:54pm On Apr 16, 2018
nice post
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by gaby(m): 11:22pm On Apr 16, 2018
mosho2good:
President Xi Jing Peng of China said:

When I was a small child , I was very selfish, always grabbing the best for myself. Slowly, everyone left me and I had no friends. I didn’t think it was my fault but instead criticized others.

My father gave me 3 lessons to help me in life.

One day, my father cooked 2 bowls of noodles put the 2 bowls on the table. One bowl has one egg on top and the other bowl does not have any egg on top. He said ”My child. You choose. Which bowl do u want”. Eggs were hard to come by those days! Only get to eat eggs during festivals or New Year. Ofcourse I chose the bowl with egg! As we started eating. I was congratulating myself on my wise choice/decision and wallop up the egg. Then to my surprise as my father ate his noodles, there were TWO eggs at the bottom of his bowl beneath the noodles! I regretted so much! And scolded myself for being too hasty in my decision. My father smiled and said to me, ”My child. You must remember what your eyes see may not be true. If you intend on taking advantage of people, you will end up losing!”

The next day, my father again cooked 2 bowls of noodles: one bowl with an egg on top and the other bowl with no egg on top. Again, he put the two bowls on the table and said to me, ”My child. You choose. Which bowl do u want?” This time I am smarter. I chose the bowl without any egg on top. To my surprise, as I separated the noodles on top, there was not even a single egg at the bottom of the bowl! Again my father smiled and said to me, ”My child, you must not always rely on experiences because sometimes, life can cheat u or play tricks on u. But u must not be too annoyed or sad, just treat this as learning a lesson .You cannot Learn this from textbooks.

The third day, my father again cooked 2 bowls of noodles, again one bowl with an egg on top and the other bowl with no egg on top. He put the 2 bowls on the table and again said to me, ”My child. You choose. Which bowl do u want?”. This time, I told my father, ”Dad, u choose first. You are the head of the family and contributed the most to the family. ”My father did not decline and chose the bowl with one egg on top. As I eat my bowl of noodles, Sure in my heart that there is no egg inside the bowl. To my surprise! There were TWO eggs at the bottom of the bowl.

My father smiled at me with love in his eyes, ”My child, u must remember!When u think for the good of others, good things will always naturally happen to u!”

I always remember these 3 sentences of my father and lived and do my business accordingly. True enough, my business was a roaring, success.

Xi Jing Peng

This is how we have chosen to live our lives based on life experiences...nice one
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by maisauki: 1:13am On Apr 17, 2018
prospero5:
lesson from this thread:

always create a thread on nairaland so that Seun can make money

grin grin grin
lesson from your post...
try to be unemployed so that u can b FTC
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by kuanvevo(m): 1:36am On Apr 17, 2018
snezBaba:

omo Yabatech cheesy
Hahaha. Who are youuu??
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by Nobody: 2:23am On Apr 17, 2018
support everything except that Buffon issue. The referee was simply stupid. SIMPLE
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by prospero5(m): 4:02am On Apr 17, 2018
maisauki:
lesson from your post... try to be unemployed so that u can b FTC
tongue tongue tongue
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by ikorodureporta: 5:07am On Apr 17, 2018
beetown:

OP, i disagree with your lecturer's quote...

He has successfully planted a seed of fear in your heart and it has grown into a forest. So because he is an authority, he has the right to do anything and you have the right to lump it cos you'll never win.

Archaic mentality

fighting wit thoz in power means u'l b prone to a Disgrace... Yr chances of winning is abt 30%. Let me giv u a simple story i faced on Sunday. I was hurrying to church in d morning. Got to the park, i saw one danfo with jst 2 passengers. So i joined them. In abt 10mins, d driver came back, a lady was complainin that he shld move or else she wl get down then we were only 5. So he startd collectin money. When he askd me for money, i said later, hopin that i wl get down too, 'cos i wanted him to move first. I was surprised when he startd shoutin that i shl get down. B4 i knew it, all thoz agberos were @ d door, pulled my shirt & even tore my button, & i got down... But when i looked around, i saw guyz ready to embarrass me further, so i became a 'narrator' cheesy Na to explain wetin happen i dey cheesy... The driver left with 3 passengers, d aberos shifted, i was now left with other drivers explaining, & they were all on my side, bt me don chop disgrace. Like say i walka immediately, all that nonsense for no happen, jst because i was time-conscious.. I boarded another vehicle out of d park, & when i got to my destination, i went straight to that driver. Was really surprised that he was apologising seriously to me, & said he wld hav gone to church too if not because of his condition.. I'm sure thoz 3peopl left in d vehicle blastd him...
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by gabrielokeke555(m): 7:16am On Apr 17, 2018
Liverpool Vs Manchester City.

Trent Alexander Arnold was viewed before the tie as the weak link in the Liverpool defence. However, he ended up being the strongest part of the defence as he emerged on top with flying colours in his battle with Sane.

Lesson: On the day people think you would flaw and flop. God would give you the strength and courage to be the star of the day!

1 Like

Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by beetown(m): 7:33am On Apr 17, 2018
ikorodureporta:

fighting wit thoz in power means u'l b prone to a Disgrace... Yr chances of winning is abt 30%. Let me giv u a simple story i faced on Sunday. I was hurrying to church in d morning. Got to the park, i saw one danfo with jst 2 passengers. So i joined them. In abt 10mins, d driver came back, a lady was complainin that he shld move or else she wl get down then we were only 5. So he startd collectin money. When he askd me for money, i said later, hopin that i wl get down too, 'cos i wanted him to move first. I was surprised when he startd shoutin that i shl get down. B4 i knew it, all thoz agberos were @ d door, pulled my shirt & even tore my button, & i got down... But when i looked around, i saw guyz ready to embarrass me further, so i became a 'narrator' cheesy Na to explain wetin happen i dey cheesy... The driver left with 3 passengers, d aberos shifted, i was now left with other drivers explaining, & they were all on my side, bt me don chop disgrace. Like say i walka immediately, all that nonsense for no happen, jst because i was time-conscious.. I boarded another vehicle out of d park, & when i got to my destination, i went straight to that driver. Was really surprised that he was apologising seriously to me, & said he wld hav gone to church too if not because of his condition.. I'm sure thoz 3peopl left in d vehicle blastd him...

those touts don't have ears o...them use you shine cheesy

but seriously, i think lecturers only use that quote to instill fear into the students
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by PopeFlatino(m): 8:16am On Apr 17, 2018
OP u are a bitter soul..famzing real Madrid..very sentimental thread,,,abii Michael Oliver shared part of d money wit u nii...clown
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by Kaylexzy(m): 10:20am On Apr 17, 2018
maticdamian:
[color=#770077][/color] *LALASTICALA ON BEHALF OF ALL ANIME FANS IN NAIRALAND WE URGE YOU AND BECKON ON YOU TO HELP US OPEN A ANIME FORUM ON NAIRALAND OUR PASSION FOR ANIME IS GENUINE. I WANT YOU TO MAKE THIS A DREAM COME TRUE FOR ALL OTAKUS IN NAIRALAND ARIGATOU LALASTICALA-SAN* wink smiley
Great idea! I hope they work on it. Anime lovers are increasing on a daily.
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by indigenous234(f): 10:24am On Apr 17, 2018
I think the best real life lesson learned from the Roma/Barca clash is to our girls out there..

#Never Judge a man by his first round.
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by Oxalic(m): 2:12pm On Apr 17, 2018
Hahahaha.. Good lessons. Weldone Op.
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by snezBaba: 3:25pm On Apr 17, 2018
kuanvevo:

Hahaha. Who are youuu??
i noticed from the picture. the field
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by davidyoung17: 12:23pm On Apr 21, 2018
mosho2good:
President Xi Jing Peng of China said:

When I was a small child , I was very selfish, always grabbing the best for myself. Slowly, everyone left me and I had no friends. I didn’t think it was my fault but instead criticized others.

My father gave me 3 lessons to help me in life.

One day, my father cooked 2 bowls of noodles put the 2 bowls on the table. One bowl has one egg on top and the other bowl does not have any egg on top. He said ”My child. You choose. Which bowl do u want”. Eggs were hard to come by those days! Only get to eat eggs during festivals or New Year. Ofcourse I chose the bowl with egg! As we started eating. I was congratulating myself on my wise choice/decision and wallop up the egg. Then to my surprise as my father ate his noodles, there were TWO eggs at the bottom of his bowl beneath the noodles! I regretted so much! And scolded myself for being too hasty in my decision. My father smiled and said to me, ”My child. You must remember what your eyes see may not be true. If you intend on taking advantage of people, you will end up losing!”

The next day, my father again cooked 2 bowls of noodles: one bowl with an egg on top and the other bowl with no egg on top. Again, he put the two bowls on the table and said to me, ”My child. You choose. Which bowl do u want?” This time I am smarter. I chose the bowl without any egg on top. To my surprise, as I separated the noodles on top, there was not even a single egg at the bottom of the bowl! Again my father smiled and said to me, ”My child, you must not always rely on experiences because sometimes, life can cheat u or play tricks on u. But u must not be too annoyed or sad, just treat this as learning a lesson .You cannot Learn this from textbooks.

The third day, my father again cooked 2 bowls of noodles, again one bowl with an egg on top and the other bowl with no egg on top. He put the 2 bowls on the table and again said to me, ”My child. You choose. Which bowl do u want?”. This time, I told my father, ”Dad, u choose first. You are the head of the family and contributed the most to the family. ”My father did not decline and chose the bowl with one egg on top. As I eat my bowl of noodles, Sure in my heart that there is no egg inside the bowl. To my surprise! There were TWO eggs at the bottom of the bowl.

My father smiled at me with love in his eyes, ”My child, u must remember!When u think for the good of others, good things will always naturally happen to u!”

I always remember these 3 sentences of my father and lived and do my business accordingly. True enough, my business was a roaring, success.

Xi Jing Peng
so touching
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by boujeeassnigga(m): 2:59am On Apr 22, 2018
kuanvevo:
ROMA IS MY CLUB
I HAVE BEEN A FAN FOR YEARS.
THEY CALL ME ROMA IN GAME SHOPS COS I DISCIPLINE PEOPLE WITH JUST THAT CLUB
WE BEAT CHELSEA
WE BEAT BARCELONA
WE ARE NOT THE BEST.. BUT WE HAVE ONE THING "RESILIENCE"
WE STRUGGLE, WE THRIVE
ROMA. TILL I DIE
I think I am the only Roma fan in west Africa gringringrin
EXCUSE ME?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Erling Haaland's Agent, Mino Raiola & Father Arrive In Barcelona For Talks / Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating / Anthony Joshua Pictured With John Terry In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.