Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,051 members, 7,863,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 02:44 AM

FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (105182 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by holydante(m): 9:05am On Mar 11, 2011
They should sentence the frenchified bloke to picking balls for Messi and ‎​d̶̲̥̅̊ team during trainnings.

He has committed sacrilage

Lawd have Messi
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 11:35am On Mar 11, 2011
medjai:

hmm. . . Is it correct scores or just winners? Again, there are 10 games there, some will definitely end up being draws. . . Success anyway. Incase it clicks, I dey o grin

Just the winners and those who are likely to pull a draw, abeg help me look am wella, then guess which clubs are likely to draw and win.

Pharoh:

The two madrid team should win, barca should win but who knows what sevilla has in store; Osasuna, valencia, villareal should win also.

Espanyol, bibao and mallorca should win or just make it a draw but i would have combined matches from different leagues instead of focusing on la liga alone.

This week's own is just La Liga matches, abeg help me look up the clubs that are likely to win or draw.

I have placed 5 already, then i still need to predict more. cool
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 3:39pm On Mar 11, 2011
@honeric
Almeria vs Atletico Madrid - Draw. Atletico are way too inconsistent. They've been on a purple patch lately and won their last match against Villareal 3-1. Almeria are at home and will be looking to get something out of this one as they fight to avoid the drop.

Real Madrid vs Hercules - Madrid win.

Zaragoza vs Valencia - Valencia win.

Osasuna vs Racing - Draw

Sociedad vs Malaga - Sociedad win. Malaga are way too useless. They can't win to save their lives and they are away to Sociedad that are chasing a Europa League spot.

Espanyol vs Deportivo - too tight. A draw or a narrow Espanyol win.

Levante vs Mallorca - Levante win. Levante are good at home and Felipe Caicedo is scoring lots of goals as well.

Villareal vs Sporting - Villareal win. Villa's league form's been atrocious lately but this game coming on the back of their Europa League away win to Leverkusen, they'll be spurred.

Sevilla vs Barcelona - Barcelona win.

Getafe vs Athletic Bilbao - Bilbao win.
Good luck.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 3:40pm On Mar 11, 2011
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 3:40pm On Mar 11, 2011
I'm glad we've Pique back for the trip to Sanchez Pizjuan and as per UCL, he's clean. No Yellow card worries heading into the Q/finals.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 12:36am On Mar 12, 2011
Thanks bro, almost similar to what i have on my list already, but i am going to give it a try, imagine starting the week with 1 milla? grin
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 9:54am On Mar 12, 2011
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/03/11/2390513/official-sao-paulo-sign-luis-fabiano-from-sevilla-on-four

Well, I guess this is Sevilla's idea of preparing for Barca! grin

I find it really stragne that Sevilla is selling Fabiano for such a small fee. I recall Milan & Marseille trying to buy him recently and Sevilla dug in, trying to get about $25m. Now, they sell him for a fraction of that.

In spite of Fabiano's exit I still expect us to have a tough test at Sevilla - they're the kind of inconsistent team that can lose at home to Osasuna but beat RM or Barca the next day. This season has been one of their worst in recent times, but we still need to be wary.

I expect Pep to start to do some rotations in the team. If I was in his shoes, I'd put in one non-regular in each match - surely, we can't lose so much potency with just one starter missing.

So, in this match, I'll recommend Villa to be on the bench (he's been looking jaded lately). Milito can also start ahead of Abidal.

Here's my line-up:

Valdes

Alves-Pique-Milito-Maxwell

Xavi-Busquests-Inesta

Pedro-Messi-Afellay

Against Getafe next weekend, I expect Pep to rest Messi and most of the starting 11. There will unfortunately be another international break after that and once club play resumes, we're away to Villareal, then UCL midweek, then home to Almeria, then UCL midweek, then away to Madrid, then CDR final (in Mestalla against Madrid). It's going to be another tasking period and Pep had better get the subs to start playing as part of the main team more regularly.

I don't like UEFA's timetable though - in the earlier rounds, there're several weeks between matches, but in the later stages, where the matches are tougher, there's only one week between matches. That's pretty dumb IMO.

Imagine if we draw Madrid in the UCL QF! There will be 4 classicos in 4 weeks! I'm sure UEFA will love that!

I hope our players are able to excuse themselves from the international matches as much as possible. I won't like a repeat of the situation where Messi played 90 mins in a useless match, while the Spaniards also played large parts for Spain, only for us to go lose a UCL match because our boys were too fatigued after 60 mins.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 12, 2011
We 'll have a little reprieve about this international break.
Sergio Baptista, Argentine coach, have decided to use homebased player for their friendly. It therefore means that our Lionel will not feature, neither will Meschareno and Milito. They were not named in the squad. So no international virus this time, prior to UCL QF. We must agree that with Messi poor and less agile, our general performance suffers.
I hope the Spanish coach learns from him.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 10:34pm On Mar 12, 2011
I absolutely do not wish for a Madrid QF. Especially now that Valencia went out. I was hoping for a return of the late 90s/early 2000s when Spanish teams did well in the Champions League.

Well, Fabiano has not really come to the party for Sevilla this season. It's amazing how badly Brazilians are doing in Europe these days. Asides defenders, Brazilian players don't seem to be having fun in Europe any more.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 11:44pm On Mar 12, 2011
AjanleKoko:

I absolutely do not wish for a Madrid QF. Especially now that Valencia went out. I was hoping for a return of the late 90s/early 2000s when Spanish teams did well in the Champions League.

Well, Fabiano has not really come to the party for Sevilla this season. It's amazing how badly Brazilians are doing in Europe these days. Asides defenders, Brazilian players don't seem to be having fun in Europe any more.

If Madrid go through, I suspect we'll meet in the semis - UEFA will arrange that for the revenues they can get from filling both stadia,

Half of me wants Madrid to lose out to Lyon. That way, Mou will be embarrased seriously.

The other half of me wants Madrid to progress both for la Liga's reputation & UEFA coefficients, as well as the need for Madrid to also have punishing midweek matches as we do.
Johnpaul88:

We 'll have a little reprieve about this international break.
Sergio Baptista, Argentine coach, have decided to use homebased player for their friendly. It therefore means that our Lionel will not feature, neither will Meschareno and Milito. They were not named in the squad. So no international virus this time, prior to UCL QF. We must agree that with Messi poor and less agile, our general performance suffers.
I hope the Spanish coach learns from him.

That's good news from Argentina.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 7:14am On Mar 13, 2011
Stealthy:

If Madrid go through, I suspect we'll meet in the semis - UEFA will arrange that for the revenues they can get from filling both stadia,

Half of me wants Madrid to lose out to Lyon. That way, Mou will be embarrased seriously.

The other half of me wants Madrid to progress both for la Liga's reputation & UEFA coefficients, as well as the need for Madrid to also have punishing midweek matches as we do.
That's good news from Argentina.

God bless that half that wants us to qualify, as for the other half I reserve my comment. grin

and concerning platini UEFA they will arrange the 4 classico. Its not only Africans that rig lotteries and elections. even though most pips dont agree that all humans are samepurple white or brown black or mulato. The difference is in the degree of exhibiting certain traits openly.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 11:40am On Mar 13, 2011
3 Points tonight by his grace. 7 points difference on the table later tonight.(AMEN)
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 2:26pm On Mar 13, 2011
^^^ na so u fear sevilla reach grin grin grin.
pastor eyo in d house
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 3:01pm On Mar 13, 2011
burntcable we respect all teams in as much as they respect us too. Chikena!!
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 6:29pm On Mar 13, 2011
usbcable:

God bless that half that wants us to qualify, as for the other half I reserve my comment. grin

and concerning platini UEFA they will arrange the 4 classico. Its not only Africans that rig lotteries and elections. even though most pips dont agree that all humans are samepurple white or brown black or mulato. The difference is in the degree of exhibiting certain traits openly.

Lol! I agree with you.

By the way, I know you're a closet Barca fan  grin. I bet you've watched more barca matches than some "official" Barca fans, good to have you on this thread.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 8:45pm On Mar 13, 2011
I guess Maxwell will be returning to the starting line up tonight. Adriano did well in midweek but he was poor up front, especially his final ball. Maxwell edges him as regards that. Adriano just squares the ball aimlessly. Besides, Maxwell should no problem checking Jesus Navas who has been tepid all season.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 9:27pm On Mar 13, 2011
Stealthy:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/03/11/2390513/official-sao-paulo-sign-luis-fabiano-from-sevilla-on-four

Well, I guess this is Sevilla's idea of preparing for Barca! grin

I find it really stragne that Sevilla is selling Fabiano for such a small fee. I recall Milan & Marseille trying to buy him recently and Sevilla dug in, trying to get about $25m. Now, they sell him for a fraction of that.

In spite of Fabiano's exit I still expect us to have a tough test at Sevilla - they're the kind of inconsistent team that can lose at home to Osasuna but beat RM or Barca the next day. This season has been one of their worst in recent times, but we still need to be wary.

I expect Pep to start to do some rotations in the team. If I was in his shoes, I'd put in one non-regular in each match - surely, we can't lose so much potency with just one starter missing.

So, in this match, I'll recommend Villa to be on the bench (he's been looking jaded lately). Milito can also start ahead of Abidal.

Here's my line-up:

Valdes

Alves-Pique-Milito-Maxwell

Xavi-Busquests-Inesta

Pedro-Messi-Afellay

Against Getafe next weekend, I expect Pep to rest Messi and most of the starting 11. There will unfortunately be another international break after that and once club play resumes, we're away to Villareal, then UCL midweek, then home to Almeria, then UCL midweek, then away to Madrid, then CDR final (in Mestalla against Madrid). It's going to be another tasking period and Pep had better get the subs to start playing as part of the main team more regularly.

I don't like UEFA's timetable though - in the earlier rounds, there're several weeks between matches, but in the later stages, where the matches are tougher, there's only one week between matches. That's pretty dumb IMO.

Imagine if we draw Madrid in the UCL QF! There will be 4 classicos in 4 weeks! I'm sure UEFA will love that!

I hope our players are able to excuse themselves from the international matches as much as possible. I won't like a repeat of the situation where Messi played 90 mins in a useless match, while the Spaniards also played large parts for Spain, only for us to go lose a UCL match because our boys were too fatigued after 60 mins.

The last lap of the season, always the most difficult. Squad rotation is a must at this stage and our fringe players have got to up their game. I'm glad Messi will not play for Argentina during the internationa break. I'm really concerned for him. Since the World Cup, he has hardly had any rest and once the season ends, there's the Copa America and I'm sure he'll play all of Argentina's matches. Abeg, make dem pity the boy.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by holydante(m): 9:50pm On Mar 13, 2011
Hi Cules,

All your comments got me cracked up this night, anyway let Madrid qualify though as I have been looking forward to the rejuvenation of all the old timers strutting their stuffs again on the european scene but ‎​the Ac Milan's, Juves et all have been disappointing.

Well Stealth, Pep has other things in mind about resting key players,I wonder what Pedro has damaged(he was clutching the muscle below his abdomen) Am really concerned about the officiating this night, some gross inconsistencies, Messi's disallowed goal was quite a very painful one indeed.

Well Pedro has to come to ‎​d̶̲̥̅̊ party
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 9:57pm On Mar 13, 2011
^^Bojan you mean. Well, talking about fringe players stepping up their game, he certainly has.
I remember saying he showed some good flashes when he came on against Zaragoza.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by holydante(m): 10:31pm On Mar 13, 2011
Yes Medjai, Bojan I mean.

Am just wincing as this match is going on, we have never had it so badly as per officiating, the sevilla players are employing every trick in ‎​d̶̲̥̅̊ book and ‎​d̶̲̥̅̊ silly refree has been too lenient on them, ‎​d̶̲̥̅̊ tackles, pushing and knocks on our players have been unforgiveable, add also the heart wrenching disallowed Messi goal.

Like Stealth and so many have opined, we needed to rest some key players but Pep thinks otherwise, Pedro is gone, Busquets took one too, and Messi has taken a heavy knock and can hardly move, am so gutted by this development.

Pep is even undecided whether to sub Messi or not, its 1 apiece and can we chase this game, ‎​d̶̲̥̅̊ morale is coming down low.

Pls guys we are barcelona
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by holydante(m): 10:43pm On Mar 13, 2011
Omg, that was a penalty ob Bojan and clearly in ‎​d̶̲̥̅̊ sight of the ref, its either this ref is an arsenal sympathiser or he has madrid-franco blood flowing in his lilly-colored veins.

Jesus Navas almost made it 2 for sevilla,but thank God for Valdes' foot.

Maxwell is on for Adriano, I cant believe what Villa, Bojan and Adriano has been doing, their final touch has been so shameful and disgusting, utterly unforgiving. Messi is just hanging on with his injury and still directing things, just no one to step up and dump in a 2nd goal
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by holydante(m): 10:47pm On Mar 13, 2011
Omg, ‎​d̶̲̥̅̊ crossbar to ‎​d̶̲̥̅̊ rescue for sevilla, cool shot that was, Lawd plssssss
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 10:48pm On Mar 13, 2011
Stealthy:

Lol! I agree with you.

By the way, I know you're a closet Barca fan  grin. I bet you've watched more barca matches than some "official" Barca fans, good to have you on this thread.
objection my Lord. I move a motion to strike out completely the crossed sentence.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 10:59pm On Mar 13, 2011
*Singing*
Jesus I thank you O.
you do well I thank you O.
you don make our life better.
, (fill i the rest yourself)
now next week athletico should allow us a win and getafe giv you guys hell i n camp nou.
hala madrid.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 11:01pm On Mar 13, 2011
Thanks Holydante & Medjai

Halftime in Seville, it's Sevilla 0-1 Barcelona

The ref has had 2 moderately controversial calls: The disallowed goal for Messi. Busquests was not interfering with play and the goal should have been allowed. On the other hand, Sevilla had a good call for a penalty when Alves tripped Zokora. Anyways, we're not Arsenal & don't find excuses.

Sevilla came out guns blazing (as I expected), but our boys have been outstanding. The goal was good, though I feel Bojan mis-controlled as usual - luckily, the ball trickled into the net. The boy really needs to go out on loan to a small club where he can mature.

I hope Messi's injury isn't serious. Abeg, make pep rest the boy in the 2nd half. Let's not kill the goose that lays the golden eggs goals o!

The only negative point with our boys so far is that they're so scared of shooting! Xavi, Pedro, Bojan, Iniesta all have had the ball in good positions to shoot, but everyone keeps looking for Messi. Abeg, they should fire the trigger jare!

I like Sevilla, but today, we must beat them. If only the silly team could be consistent, they should be challenging for 3rd place at least and they would still be in UCL if they didn't lose stupidly to Braga.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 11:03pm On Mar 13, 2011
Sorry guys - my laptop froze as I was trying to send in my half time analysis. Full game analysis in a few minuts
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 11:28pm On Mar 13, 2011
We suffered from 4 things in this match:
1. Pep's decision not to rest players
2. Our over-playing/over-passing the ball and not killing off the opponent.
3. Pep's sentimental choices
4. Lack of real squad depth

1. Villa should not have played this match at all - he contributed almost nothing all through. My suggested line-up had Afellay with Pedro & Messi for attack in this match.

Also, most of the players started to look tired after about 70 mins. But by then Sevilla had equalized and Pep couldn't take anyone out.

2. This is the 3rd match in recent times when we could have buried the opponent in the 1st half, but we allowed them a leg back in. The other 2 instances were in the 2 legs against Arsenal. Just as we did on Tuesday, we dominated the 1st half, but kept trying to look for the perfect goal, only to allow the opponent to score early in the 2nd half. I would have expected Pep to notice these issues and rectified them.

If our boys had been shooting the way they were in the last 15 mins all match, we would have tested Sevilla more. We even started to cross the ball late in the game - is there any rule against doing that before things become desperate?

3. I don't know why Pep is so sentimental to La Masia boys. This season, it's clear that Bojan should not be ahead of Afellay & Nolito, but he gets more chances than those two combined since he's a la Masia product. His ball-control is atrocious. However, Pep keeps using him. This match, it was like we were one attacker down.

It was the same with Busquests last season. Yaya was clearly better, but Pep kept him on the bench because he wanted Busi to make the Spanish WC squad (of cos Busi has grown tremendously since then).

4. We don't have real game changers on our bench. Look at the subs Manzano made - those were tactical subs, which changed the game completely. We have players who could be potential game changers (Thiago, Afellay, Nolito, even Soriano). however, these guys play too infrequently to give us the explosive effect when called upon. I hope Pep has learnt his lessons now. These guys need more game time to have the confidence to come into a match and change things.

Our 2 subs (other than the forced sub for pedro) were like-for-like in Maxwell for Adriano and Keita for Villa. How on earth does Pep expect the team to score when he takes out Villa for Keita? Wasn't Afellay on the bench?

This is good news for Madrid and they now have a good chance to catch us in the league. If we drop 2 more points away to Villareal, the difference could be only 3 points going into the next Classico. Fortunately, RM also have some tough away trips and we hope they can drop points away to Bilbao, the derby with Atletico and Valencia.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:36pm On Mar 13, 2011
The match was very exciting to me. I have never seen a team create chances againast us, as has sevilla this night. They were really good at the counter.
I'm not very bothered about losing 2 pionts- at least that was part of the reason why a 7 - piont shock absorber was built in the first place, albeit we should not rest in our oars. The struggle must continue, until it is over.

Guys, i read in another sports site, soccer.opera.com , that all our Argentine players-messi, mecsh,milito are in Baptista friendly squad. This contradicts my earlier post in that regard. I read it from goal.com. It is left to be seen which site is telling the truth

Thank u Jesus, in all situation!
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 11:44pm On Mar 13, 2011
usbcable:

objection my Lord. I move a motion to strike out completely the crossed sentence.

Lol! Funny guy!

Johnpaul88:

The match was very exciting to me. I have never seen a team create chances againast us, as has sevilla this night. They were really good at the counter.
I'm not very bothered about losing 2 pionts- at least that was part of the reason why a 7 - piont shock absorber was built in the first place, albeit we should not rest in our oars. The struggle must continue, until it is over.

Guys, i read in another sports site, soccer.opera.com , that all our Argentine players-messi, mecsh,milito are in Baptista friendly squad. This contradicts my earlier post in that regard. I read it from goal.com. It is left to be seen which site is telling the truth

Thank u Jesus, in all situation!

It was indeed very interesting end-to-end stuff. Sevilla is one of the best teams in the league and really shouldn't be where they are in the league. I hope all those EPL guys saw this match - it was far more interesting than any ManU-Arsenal or Chelsea-Liverpool match. This shows that teams can match Barca & RM if they set themselves up properly.

I hope Sevilla qualifies for Europe this season.

We thank Jesus in all situations like you said, we still have 5 points over RM.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:51pm On Mar 13, 2011
Stealthy, ur post match analysis is always a nice scene to behold. How i wish Guardiola sees them to add to his tactical intelligence.

It is always good to have all of us here, sharing experience and love, as one fan of one club.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 12:10am On Mar 14, 2011
5 points is still healthy. gnyt yall.

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (100)

Liverpool Vs Atletico Madrid : UCL (2 - 3) On 11th March 2020 / Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 / UCL Final : Bayern Munich Vs Chelsea (3 - 4) On Pens On 19th May 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.