Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,065 members, 7,863,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:38 AM

FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (105183 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 7:28am On Mar 14, 2011
We took a point when we could have taken all 3. It's all good. I think we did well. It's just one of those games when the result won't just go your way. Kudos to Sevilla. They gave a fight and crucially for them, Negredo, Navas and Rakitic showed up for them.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 7:33am On Mar 14, 2011
usbcable:

*Singing*
Jesus I thank you O.
you do well I thank you O.
you don make our life better.
, (fill i the rest yourself)
now next week athletico should allow us a win and getafe giv you guys hell i n camp nou.
hala madrid.
We know how to make up for lost points. There's a certain fixture known as El-Classico. . . rings any bell? undecided
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 8:31am On Mar 14, 2011
hey cules,
I was in transit yesterday so i could not really post. But I managed to see the game. All in a good game, Sevilla made a go at it, and could have snatched a victory. Barcelona were a bit unlucky, as they had a goal denied for no reason, and two attempts hitting the crossbar. Still, a draw is better than a loss, I think.

We might want to consider keeping Martin Cacares as a spare defender next season. He seems to have improved, and was quite solid for Sevilla. Kanoute, as I have always said, is a key player for Sevilla. He really takes the ball brilliantly in the middle, uses his height and build very well, and holds up the play long enough to see Negredo and Navas get into position. I guess his age is what's keeping him on the bench, but he always comes on to good impact.

Stealthy:

We suffered from 4 things in this match:
1. Pep's decision not to rest players
2. Our over-playing/over-passing the ball and not killing off the opponent.
3. Pep's sentimental choices
4. Lack of real squad depth

I think we're being unfair to these boys. Firstly, the boys are human, and can have an off day. Second, we seem to think we're going to win every game, home and away. That's not possible, and not complimentary to the opponent. I think we played well, got tired after a while, and had to chase the game. We were a bit unlucky to not see Sevilla off, and were denied in the closing minutes. We had a must-win, psychologically-draining CL qualifier during the week, and I think it played some part in the proceedings. As per the overplaying, I think the boys only know how to play in a certain way, and it has worked for them thus far. Is that not why we support them?

Though I agree that Afellay should have gotten some game time. Though I think the Keita substitution was to strengthen the middle, as Kanoute was winning balls off Xavi easily. Villa wasn't really in the game so he had to go off. Bojan . . . well, he played with heart, but he seems a little match-rusty these days. Still I think he filled in all right for Pedro.

All in, I think it was a good game. 5 points, 7 points, makes not much difference to me. We need games like this so we can improve as we prepare for the reverse clasico. I think that's where the season will be won or lost, most likely. Remember we went into the the first clasico as underdogs. I would rather we go in needing to get a result, rather than feeling comfortable. In any case, I'm sure the guys know what the task ahead is.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 10:55am On Mar 14, 2011
Stealthy:

We suffered from 4 things in this match:
1. Pep's decision not to rest players
2. Our over-playing/over-passing the ball and not killing off the opponent.
3. Pep's sentimental choices
4. Lack of real squad depth

1. Villa should not have played this match at all - he contributed almost nothing all through. My suggested line-up had Afellay with Pedro & Messi for attack in this match.

Also, most of the players started to look tired after about 70 mins. But by then Sevilla had equalized and Pep couldn't take anyone out.

2. This is the 3rd match in recent times when we could have buried the opponent in the 1st half, but we allowed them a leg back in. The other 2 instances were in the 2 legs against Arsenal. Just as we did on Tuesday, we dominated the 1st half, but kept trying to look for the perfect goal, only to allow the opponent to score early in the 2nd half. I would have expected Pep to notice these issues and rectified them.

If our boys had been shooting the way they were in the last 15 mins all match, we would have tested Sevilla more. We even started to cross the ball late in the game - is there any rule against doing that before things become desperate?

3. I don't know why Pep is so sentimental to La Masia boys. This season, it's clear that Bojan should not be ahead of Afellay & Nolito, but he gets more chances than those two combined since he's a la Masia product. His ball-control is atrocious. However, Pep keeps using him. This match, it was like we were one attacker down.

It was the same with Busquests last season. Yaya was clearly better, but Pep kept him on the bench because he wanted Busi to make the Spanish WC squad (of cos Busi has grown tremendously since then).

4. We don't have real game changers on our bench. Look at the subs Manzano made - those were tactical subs, which changed the game completely. We have players who could be potential game changers (Thiago, Afellay, Nolito, even Soriano). however, these guys play too infrequently to give us the explosive effect when called upon. I hope Pep has learnt his lessons now. These guys need more game time to have the confidence to come into a match and change things.

Our 2 subs (other than the forced sub for pedro) were like-for-like in Maxwell for Adriano and Keita for Villa. How on earth does Pep expect the team to score when he takes out Villa for Keita? Wasn't Afellay on the bench?

This is good news for Madrid and they now have a good chance to catch us in the league. If we drop 2 more points away to Villareal, the difference could be only 3 points going into the next Classico. Fortunately, RM also have some tough away trips and we hope they can drop points away to Bilbao, the derby with Atletico and Valencia.
As per tactics, Manzano hit a birdie with his last night. He started with a 4-2-3-1 formation. He played 2 DM's - Medel and Zokora. The gameplan was to contain and stifle our fluidity but it didn't work as we had Sevilla on the backfoot for major parts of the 1st half and had gone a goal up. In the 2nd half, he brought on Kanoute for Zokora and played a 4-4-2. This allowed Negredo to be able to drift and link up well with Navas. At this point, they took the game to us and they got a goal. Then we came back pressing and pressing and he took off Negredo and brought on Romaric to once again shore up the midfield and make things tight.
Despite all these, we still created chances and could have won.

medjai:

I guess Maxwell will be returning to the starting line up tonight. Adriano did well in midweek but he was poor up front, especially his final ball. Maxwell edges him as regards that. Adriano just squares the ball aimlessly. Besides, Maxwell should no problem checking Jesus Navas who has been tepid all season.
This was my comment before the game.

I think Adriano was just there, he wasn't so great. He lost the ball a couple of times and at times found it hard containing Negredo and Navas linking up. Again, Negredo's cross from which Navas scored came from his wing.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 1:46pm On Mar 14, 2011
medjai:

As per tactics, Manzano hit a birdie with his last night. He started with a 4-2-3-1 formation. He played 2 DM's - Medel and Zokora. The gameplan was to contain and stifle our fluidity but it didn't work as we had Sevilla on the backfoot for major parts of the 1st half and had gone a goal up. In the 2nd half, he brought on Kanoute for Zokora and played a 4-4-2. This allowed Negredo to be able to drift and link up well with Navas. At this point, they took the game to us and they got a goal. Then we came back pressing and pressing and he took off Negredo and brought on Romaric to once again shore up the midfield and make things tight.

Very apt.
I think we were just unlucky. The game was very open, and Sevilla played a lot better than they've played us in the last year. But for luck, the result wouldn't have been much different. Imagine if we had gone like 3-0 up in the first half via Messi's free kick and header, and Bojan's goal.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 14, 2011
There is this allegation of doping against FCB, by a spanish radio. I guess it is serious cos FCB has released a statement denying it and threatening a legal action against the radio station.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 7:25pm On Mar 14, 2011
Johnpaul88:

There is this allegation of doping against FCB, by a spanish radio. I guess it is serious cos FCB has released a statement denying it and threatening a legal action against the radio station.

Please provide link Johnny.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 8:47pm On Mar 14, 2011
AjanleKoko:

hey cules,
I was in transit yesterday so i could not really post. But I managed to see the game. All in a good game, Sevilla made a go at it, and could have snatched a victory. Barcelona were a bit unlucky, as they had a goal denied for no reason, and two attempts hitting the crossbar. Still, a draw is better than a loss, I think.

We might want to consider keeping Martin Cacares as a spare defender next season. He seems to have improved, and was quite solid for Sevilla. Kanoute, as I have always said, is a key player for Sevilla. He really takes the ball brilliantly in the middle, uses his height and build very well, and holds up the play long enough to see Negredo and Navas get into position. I guess his age is what's keeping him on the bench, but he always comes on to good impact.

I[b] think we're being unfair to these boys. [/b]Firstly, the boys are human, and can have an off day. Second, we seem to think we're going to win every game, home and away. That's not possible, and not complimentary to the opponent. I think we played well, got tired after a while, and had to chase the game. We were a bit unlucky to not see Sevilla off, and were denied in the closing minutes. We had a must-win, psychologically-draining CL qualifier during the week, and I think it played some part in the proceedings. As per the overplaying, I think the boys only know how to play in a certain way, and it has worked for them thus far. Is that not why we support them?

Though I agree that Afellay should have gotten some game time. Though I think the Keita substitution was to strengthen the middle, as Kanoute was winning balls off Xavi easily. Villa wasn't really in the game so he had to go off. Bojan . . . well, he played with heart, but he seems a little match-rusty these days. Still I think he filled in all right for Pedro.

All in, I think it was a good game. 5 points, 7 points, makes not much difference to me. We need games like this so we can improve as we prepare for the reverse clasico. I think that's where the season will be won or lost, most likely. Remember we went into the the first clasico as underdogs. I would rather we go in needing to get a result, rather than feeling comfortable. In any case, I'm sure the guys know what the task ahead is.

I agree 100% with keeping Caceres. He has really improved since leaving us. His games at the world cup were superb and I thought he'd come back when we let go of Chyg & Marquez. I wonder though why the Barca board allows loaned players to play against Barca. RM's loaned players NEVER play against RM.

My issue isn't with the boys - it's with the manager who knows the resources at his disposal and should make optimum use of those resources. Playing Messi 90 mins the whole season isn't a smart use of resources. Keeping players so long on the bench that they can't gel when called upon isn't a smart use of resources. Sure you won't play all your subs against a team like Sevilla, but at the same time there's room for some rotation.

We don't always over-play. I've seen many matches where we were brutal to the opponent & tore them to pieces. Only after we went 2 or 3 goals up did we start to try for the perfect goal. This was a match where we could have put Sevilla to the sword in the 1st half, not because we expect to win every match, but because we were so dominant in the 1st half but didn't kill the opponent off. It could very easily have turned out to be a loss like the match against Arsenal in london, if Sevilla took some of their chances. A draw was the fair result at the end of the day, but if we went 3-0 up 1st half, Manzano's subs would have been too little, too late.

Unfortunately for us, Sevilla decided to play one of their better games this season against us. RM will also visit later in the season and I hope they make life difficult for RM too. Like I said earlier, I like Sevilla - they're one of the most entertaining teams in the league and I hope they can qualify for Europa League at least.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 9:04pm On Mar 14, 2011
medjai:

Agree. His subs were really smart. I still wonder how this team managed to lose home & away to Braga. I actually watched both matches & Sevilla were really disappointing. They're now out of Europa League (once again losing at home, this time to porto). Very disappointing for a team of this stature.

medjai:

This was my comment before the game.

I think Adriano was just there, he wasn't so great. He lost the ball a couple of times and at times found it hard containing Negredo and Navas linking up. Again, Negredo's cross from which Navas scored came from his wing.

I like Adriano's energy, but his decision-making is very suspect. he passes when he should shoot & shoots when he should pass. He's also not as good as Maxwell & Abidal at defending. He's very useful against unintelligent but pacey players like Walcott, but against people like Navas & Capel, he'll always be exposed.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 9:09pm On Mar 14, 2011
I have always voiced out my opinion as regards young Caceres before his exit on loan to Juventus.
He was actually a lad that knew his place and was ready to mature. He has that confidence, though inexperience must take a major part.

I would really love to see him back, the lad cant be treated like Barca did to Hleb.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 12:11pm On Mar 15, 2011
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by holydante(m): 1:53pm On Mar 15, 2011
Hi All,

Stealth, its all been said over and over again, Pep has been doing great and acknowledged by all and sundry but perhaps lines like this that question his competence (''Pep’s natural instinct is to stick with what he knows. And what he knows is Seydou Keita will allow Andres the freedom to venture further forward. This is all well and good but isn’t it becoming just slightly predictable?) will make him to sit up and tinker things around.

If i may ask, how many times has any Barca sub come on and made a match-winning difference, like a JM or other coaches will do(i hate to make such comparisons), in most instances, its those that started the match that will trudge on and finally pull a win or a draw. its beginning to look as if we are not blessed with the pool of talents at our disposal, cant Pep work his magic? Let us not be like Arsene Wenger who has remained adamant in the face of policy-failure and wrecking yearly anguish on his supporters (i know in the current dispensation, no Barcelona Manager will last 3 years without a trophy, La Masia is there to provide backbone)

The over-playing is what gets to me most often, you control match stats and fluff opportunities to wrap up a match, the mental anguish of chasing a game is more on the players than the watching fans and it really wears them down, like Ajanlekoko pointed out, we mustn't expect to win all the time as its even disrespectful to opponents but in a scenario where opportunities present themselves, clinicality is required; which philosophy says we must pass the ball into the net? if Iniesta's outside 18-shot had dipped a bit more, it could have been 2 for us, shots must be taken as at when due not Adriano/Villa style tho grin)

We must have confidence in our fringe players (most of us do, but Pep thinks differently), and the under performing ones should be made to struggle for their positions, competition brings out the best in one, it is a time-tested experience.

I would rather we play badly and loose than, execute a beautiful nonsense. I encourage all of us to register with Total Barca and also on the fan zone site and make your voices heard and interact too.

We are Barcelona
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by holydante(m): 2:07pm On Mar 15, 2011
eyoniggar:

Please provide link Johnny.
Its on Total Barca site although i cant find it on Barca's official web page

Our injury list goes thus; Alves, Adriano, Maxwell, Pedro and Messi, from medical reports, some may be available for the weekend clash
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by holydante(m): 2:49pm On Mar 15, 2011
Johnpaul88:

whether it is serious or not, the alleged party must confound the allegations outrightly, reports has it that the radio station has retracted the statement with apologies to Valencia and Barca, although it claimed that ''its Madrid that wants to make the doping request to the football administration in Spain''

I guess the only way we can silence them is to make sure we wrap up games that we have control over and distance ourselves with enough points to make a rubbish of their huge and expensive toys, and get fired up to win the upcoming classico and CDR finals

While we win the trophies, let them do the talking cheesy

We are Barcelona
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by holydante(m): 2:55pm On Mar 15, 2011
holydante:

Its on Total Barca site although i cant find it on Barca's official web page
my badh, its on the official too grin
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 3:28pm On Mar 15, 2011
holydante:

Hi All,

Stealth, its all been said over and over again, Pep has been doing great and acknowledged by all and sundry but perhaps lines like this that question his competence (''Pep’s natural instinct is to stick with what he knows. And what he knows is Seydou Keita will allow Andres the freedom to venture further forward. This is all well and good but isn’t it becoming just slightly predictable?) will make him to sit up and tinker things around.

If i may ask, how many times has any Barca sub come on and made a match-winning difference, like a JM or other coaches will do(i hate to make such comparisons), in  most instances, its those that started the match that will trudge on and finally pull a win or a draw. its beginning to look as if we are not blessed with the pool of talents at our disposal, cant Pep work his magic? Let us not be like Arsene Wenger who has remained adamant in the face of policy-failure and wrecking yearly anguish on his supporters (i know in the current dispensation, no Barcelona Manager will last 3 years without a trophy, La Masia is there to provide backbone)

The over-playing is what gets to me most often, you control match stats and fluff opportunities to wrap up a match, the mental anguish of chasing a game is more on the players than the watching fans and it really wears them down, like Ajanlekoko pointed out, we  mustn't expect to win all the time as its even disrespectful to opponents but in a scenario where opportunities present themselves, clinicality is required; which philosophy says we must pass the ball into the net? if Iniesta's outside 18-shot had dipped a bit more, it could have been 2 for us, shots must be taken as at when due not Adriano/Villa style tho grin)

We must have confidence in our fringe players (most of us do, but Pep thinks differently), and the under performing ones should be made to struggle for their positions, competition brings out the best in one, it is a time-tested experience.

I would rather we play badly and loose than, execute a beautiful nonsense. I encourage all of us to register with Total Barca and also on the fan zone site  and make your voices heard and interact too.

We are Barcelona

Haba, guys, you guys aren't being fair to Pep o.
The only reason why it looks that way is simple: FC Barcelona plays at a very high level already. A mediocre performance by FCB is a fantastic performance by others. That's why a Sevilla would be so pleased that they pulled a draw with FCB at home.

For me, our coach and players are the best, and I would never trade them for a Mourinho or whoever. We lose when its inevitable, yes. But when we win . . . oh my lawd!!! That's why I support this club.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 6:05pm On Mar 15, 2011
holydante:

whether it is serious or not, the alleged party must confound the allegations outrightly, reports has it that the radio station has retracted the statement with apologies to Valencia and Barca, although it claimed that ''its Madrid that wants to make the doping request to the football administration in Spain''

I guess the only way we can silence them is to make sure we wrap up games that we have control over and distance ourselves with enough points to make a rubbish of their huge and expensive toys, and get fired up to win the upcoming classico and CDR finals

While we win the trophies, let them do the talking cheesy

We are Barcelona
Spanish Radio Station Apologises To Barcelona & Valencia For Doping Allegations
Cadena Cope have gone on the back foot over their insinuations,

Spanish radio station Cadena Cope has apologised to Barcelona and Valencia for insinuating that the two clubs could be involved in doping due to their involvement with "dubious doctors".

The Madrid-based broadcaster also suggested that Real Madrid asked the Spanish Football Federation to take doping tests more seriously, and to keep in mind Barcelona's connections with the doctors.

However, both clubs denied the allegations and Cadena Cope has now issued an apology.

Juan Antonio Alcala, the columnist who made the allegations, said on Monday: "Maybe I have been naive about this. I was given to believe that this information came from Real Madrid. If I have to apologise and go down on my knees then I will do so.

"I am convinced that Barcelona are doing nothing illegal. It is not our intention to put in doubt the triumphs of Barca."

The station also released a statement, adding: "Given the possibility that our information could harm or defame those clubs, Cadena Cope apologises to Barcelona and Valencia, and the fans of both clubs if anyone interpreted the information in that way."

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/2175/la-liga/2011/03/15/2395405/spanish-radio-station-apologises-to-barcelona-valencia-for
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by switch47(m): 6:38pm On Mar 15, 2011
There is only one Barsa at the moment, Real madrid s best chance at a trophy is not in the la liga but in the cupFinals , some interesting football to see cant wait.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by holydante(m): 10:16pm On Mar 15, 2011
I dont mean no dis respect to the great Pep.
He is an achiever, I rever him just like I do ‎​d̶̲̥̅̊ club and what it stands for. Its just that I believe that change and some form of tinkering is needed to spice up what we are currently doing.

We play unargueably the best combo of footie presently and I bet so many clubsides will give a life to play 20% like us. Just for us to be a bit more purposeful in front of goals etc

I opted to watch Munchen-Inter clash and am fascinated by the end-to-end stuff that is going on @ d Allianz Arena,if we land any of them, we sure must take our chances

We are Barcelona
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 10:58pm On Mar 15, 2011
Good stuff guys, good stuff.

We may not always agree but we're all passionate Cules.

Nice analysis holydante.

Juan Antonio Alcala, the columnist who made the allegations, said on Monday: "Maybe I have been naive about this. I was given to believe that this information came from Real Madrid. If I have to apologise and go down on my knees then I will do so

The mumu should be sued. We all know this came from Real Madrid, with their dirty antics. Nonsense!
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by HNIC(m): 11:16pm On Mar 15, 2011
Get well soon Eric Abidal
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 12:41am On Mar 16, 2011
FCB communicates that our veteran french defender, Eric Abidal, had a tumour detected in his liver. He will therefore undergo a surgery on friday to have it removed. Time of his availiability afterwards, is not known to this reporter.

I wish him a successful surgery and an accelerated recovery. He has been our most valuable player, of late.

I had expected Bayern to qualify. I had wished it also! But damn it, they failed to a hungry inter at the late minutes. I like Robben. He's terrific! It is not fair that he is on the losing side. Bayern should now have less thing to worry about and concentrate on putting there house in orde.

With u, Japan!
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Tnot(m): 2:10am On Mar 16, 2011
I wish Abidal a successful surgery and quicker recovery. Hes a great man
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 7:14am On Mar 16, 2011
Get well soon, King Eric. . .
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 8:40am On Mar 16, 2011
Very worrying news. I hope Eric gets well soon.
Even if he can't play for a while, he has been more than splendid this season, and we'll always be grateful, Wishing him the best of recovery, and a very long life, in and outside footie.

Johnpaul88:

I had expected Bayern to qualify. I had wished it also! But damn it, they failed to a hungry inter at the late minutes. I like Robben. He's terrific! It is not fair that he is on the losing side. Bayern should now have less thing to worry about and concentrate on putting there house in orde.

Congrats to Inter. I have not seen a European night, such as the one we saw yesterday, in years!

It was a splendid performance. It was reminiscent of two such games in my memory, Athletico Madrid against Ajax at the Vicente Calderon, where our own Tijani Babangida won the night for Ajax with his very late extra time strike, finishing the game at 3-2. Also the Juventus-United semi final at Turin in 1999, where Juve went 2-0 up before the break, after coming into the match with a 1-0 win at Old Trafford. Scholesy and Giggs turned the game around in the second half, and United finished the night 3-2 up, eliminating Juve on away goals.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 9:02am On Mar 16, 2011
medjai:

Juan Antonio Alcala, the columnist who made the allegations, said on Monday: "Maybe I have been naive about this. I was given to believe that this information came from Real Madrid. If I have to apologise and go down on my knees then I will do so.
http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/2175/la-liga/2011/03/15/2395405/spanish-radio-station-apologises-to-barcelona-valencia-for

Stealthy:

The mumu should be sued. We all know this came from Real Madrid, with their dirty antics. Nonsense!

Try reading beyond www.goal.com for your informations. The website thrives in rumour mongering and conflict generation.
It specializes in giving yellow journalism, which of course many (including here) like to listen to. lipsrsealed

read through this link:
No Madrid link to doping claims - Barca

http://www.allvoices.com/s/event-8483180/aHR0cDovL3Jzcy5pbmRlcGVuZGVudC5pZS9jLzMyNDQ0L2YvNDc0NjI5L3MvMTM2MWQzNTgvbC8wTDBTaW5kZXBlbmRlbnQwQmllMENzcG9ydDBDc29jY2VyMENubzBFbWFkcmlkMEVsaW5rMEV0bzBFZG9waW5nMEVjbGFpbXMwRWJhcmNhMEUyNTgwQTcwQTEwQmh0bWwvc3RvcnkwMS5odG0=

everything is not PDP vs ACN vs CPC.

and about thumping us in CDR, lets wait and see. cool

Hala Madrid.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by ogazi007(m): 9:03am On Mar 16, 2011
Oh my God!what kind of devastating news is this?Abidal is having the best form of his life, why this sudden exist of Eric from our starting eleven?i am praying for him and i wish him quick recovery.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 9:04am On Mar 16, 2011
@medjai,
so you can now quote goal.com(india version) abi?
and when it said CR had performed better than messi some time ago you all cried and laughed at using the india version.

SMH, double standards. angry
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 10:05am On Mar 16, 2011
And for Abidal
Please get well soon(after the surgery).
For more info on liver cancer:
http://pathology2.jhu.edu/liver/intro.cfm
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 10:56am On Mar 16, 2011
usbcable:

And for Abidal
Please get well soon(after the surgery).
For more info on liver cancer:
http://pathology2.jhu.edu/liver/intro.cfm

I dey fear for the guy. God be with him sha.
At least he's guaranteed the best medical care, just like Kanu was.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 2:32pm On Mar 16, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Congrats to Inter. I have not seen a European night, such as the one we saw yesterday, in years!

It was a splendid performance. It was reminiscent of two such games in my memory, Athletico Madrid against Ajax at the Vicente Calderon, where our own Tijani Babangida won the night for Ajax with his very late extra time strike, finishing the game at 3-2. Also the Juventus-United semi final at Turin in 1999, where Juve went 2-0 up before the break, after coming into the match with a 1-0 win at Old Trafford. Scholesy and Giggs turned the game around in the second half, and United finished the night 3-2 up, eliminating Juve on away goals.

The 1st leg ended 1-1 and most people expected Juve to qualify. Also, the goals were from Yorke & Cole, not scholes & Giggs.

Van Gaal has the honour of being the 1st coach to lose at home & still qualify in a UCL knock-out tie. I remember the goals scored against Pana by one of my all time favourites: Jari Litmanen.

Van Gaal now has the honour of also being the 2nd coach to lose the tie after winning the 1st leg away.

Bayern were wasteful last night & should have wrapped up the match by half time. I guess they were a bit complacent in the knowledge that a draw would still take them thro. it aint over till it's over baby! Also, they lost steam after Robben went off. Inter mwhile were their usual selves: tenacious & gritty. Etoo was my man of the match (don't we all wish the idiotic transfer of the century never took place?!) - he carried the team and never kept running.

I'm sure all teams will be praying to draw Schalke after they sacked magath. What a dumb decision! It's not like any new coach can rescue them from their poor legue position. They should have kept Magath, hoped to make UCL semis (depending on the draw) and try to win the German cup to ensure a Europa League slot next season.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 2:38pm On Mar 16, 2011
Like everyone else, I wish Abidal a safe operation and a quick recovery. God be with him & his family at this time.

I guess it's safe to say his season is over. He has been our best defender this season and I appreciate his contribution to the team.

Now we have a real problem at the back. Pique & Milito are the only fit senior team CBs (and Milito isn't exactly rock-solid right now). I guess Pep will now have to play Fontas?muniesa/Batra once in a while. I've said it several times - letting go of BOTH Marquez & Chyg was a dumb idea. Is it possible to recall Caceres from his loan deal mid-season?

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (100)

Liverpool Vs Atletico Madrid : UCL (2 - 3) On 11th March 2020 / Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 / UCL Final : Bayern Munich Vs Chelsea (3 - 4) On Pens On 19th May 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.