Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,476 members, 7,861,377 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:04 AM

FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (105139 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 2:49pm On Mar 16, 2011
Stealthy:

The 1st leg ended 1-1 and most people expected Juve to qualify. Also, the goals were from Yorke & Cole, not scholes & Giggs.

Thanks, Stealthy for the correction.
Another correction. Ajax-Althletico Madrid in 1996 actually ended 1-1 in Amsterdam, not 1-0 in favour of Athletico. I must be getting old embarassed

Stealthy:

I'm sure all teams will be praying to draw Schalke after they sacked magath. What a dumb decision! It's not like any new coach can rescue them from their poor legue position. They should have kept Magath, hoped to make UCL semis (depending on the draw) and try to win the German cup to ensure a Europa League slot next season.

Lord knows we need that kind of a lucky break grin
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by holydante(m): 4:07pm On Mar 16, 2011
Hi Fellars,

Tenks @ ''The Man in the most safest secluded zone'', you make a dark skinned guy blush crimson cheesy

Get well King Eric, what a form you have been in presently. Thank Providence it was discovered at this stage.

The likes of Sammy Okwaraji, Marc V. Foe, and Jarque et all, who knows, they all could have been alive today strutting their stuff or giving analysis in the Media if such medical facilities were at their disposal.

I sure do wish them Gods grace as they rest in Peace (including Nate Dogg Ol'g who passed on today)

AjanleK and Stealthy, that was some good memory lane you guys took us down to.

What an enigma that Eto'o is (anyway we cant always live in the past though, i wish him well)

As an aside to Usb-unportable grin, goal.com is a site that wont see me approach it for footie info. it smacks of poo(no offeinse)

We are Barcelona (Japan will rise again)
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 7:22pm On Mar 16, 2011
usbcable:

@medjai,
so you can now quote goal.com(india version) abi?
and when it said CR had performed better than messi some time ago you all cried and laughed at using the india version.

SMH, double standards. angry
Usb, I check other sites and it was pretty much the same thing, they all fingerrrd Madrid grin

ps: cant believe fingerrrrd is a censored word shocked
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 7:31pm On Mar 16, 2011
holydante:

Hi Fellars,

Tenks @ ''The Man in the most safest secluded zone'', you make a dark skinned guy blush crimson cheesy

Get well King Eric, what a form you have been in presently. Thank Providence it was discovered at this stage.

The likes of Sammy Okwaraji, Marc V. Foe, and Jarque et all, who knows, they all could have been alive today strutting their stuff or giving analysis in the Media if such medical facilities were at their disposal.

I sure do wish them Gods grace as they rest in Peace (including Nate Dogg Ol'g who passed on today)

AjanleK and Stealthy, that was some good memory lane you guys took us down to.

What an enigma that Eto'o is (anyway we cant always live in the past though, i wish him well)

As an aside to Usb-unportable grin, goal.com is a site that wont see me approach it for footie info. it smacks of poo(no offeinse)

We are Barcelona (Japan will rise again)
Can't believe we've lost Nate, my God! Back in the days, Nate Dogg, Snoop Dogg, Warren G and the entire Dog Pound crew, they were the guys to roll with. I remember how he was tagged the 'King of Collabos' because you could hardly find any track that wasn't laced with his unique voice. All the good artistes are passing away, it's really sad.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 7:39pm On Mar 16, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Thanks, Stealthy for the correction.
Another correction. Ajax-Althletico Madrid in 1996 actually ended 1-1 in Amsterdam, not 1-0 in favour of Athletico. I must be getting old embarassed

Lord knows we need that kind of a lucky break grin

I think Milan vs Deportivo in 2004 would also go down as one of the greatest CL comebacks. Milan had won the 1st leg at the San Siro 4-1. Depor stunned the defending champions 4-0 at the Riazor to qualify for the S/finals where they lost to eventual champions, Porto 1-0 on aggregate. That was a great Depor side with Juan Carlos Valeron at his prime(still plays for Depor), Diego Tristan, Walter Pandiani, Albert Luque et al. Depor were great in the CL back then, whatever happened to them now
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 10:01pm On Mar 16, 2011
medjai:

I think Milan vs Deportivo in 2004 would also go down as one of the greatest CL comebacks. Milan had won the 1st leg at the San Siro 4-1. Depor stunned the defending champions 4-0 at the Riazor to qualify for the S/finals where they lost to eventual champions, Porto 1-0 on aggregate. That was a great Depor side with Juan Carlos Valeron at his prime(still plays for Depor), Diego Tristan, Walter Pandiani, Albert Luque et al. Depor were great in the CL back then, whatever happened to them now

I remember that one! Crazy Milan! Was it 2004? Thought it was earlier! Anyhow, I wanted Milan to win & well after 4-1, I was cocksure of a Milan victory. But Super Depor stunned Milan big time. It's a shame how some of the former greats in La Liga have sunk: Depor, Ath Madrid (remember them winning a double in the 90s), Valencia (twice UCl finalists!), Villareal, even Sociedad who were 1 match away from winning the title.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 12:03am On Mar 17, 2011
RM have been able to see off their nightmare. Good for them. I do not want us to meet them at this stage, maybe later.

I have not followed real football earlier than 2007. I'm really enrished at getting all these great histories of footie here. A good knowledge of the great histories of the game, is indeed invaluable. Thanks to u all.

Get well, Abidal!
&
With u,Japan.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by chic2pimp(m): 1:48am On Mar 17, 2011
Ac Milan worldwide would like to wish Abidal a speedy recovery. Get well soon Big Man. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

medjai:

As with the 2005 CL Finals, Milan thought they had it all sown up and all they had to do was turn up.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by holydante(m): 8:02am On Mar 17, 2011
Wow!
Chich2pipmy, we sure do appreciate, Y☺u,ve got a large heart. May your desires be accomplished, and all Cules eccho Amen.

Nyce to see JM break this quarterfinals Jinx for Madrid, @ least its gratifying to see another la liga team step it up, I just hope UEFA egg heads dont go "arranging" another classico?!!!

@JP88, Y☺u can also get matches from UEFA site, with a visa card Y☺u can actually download some classic matches but I guess U̶̲̥̅̊ are still in school and this proposal won't be friendly to thy pocket otherwise Y☺u can just read up on ‎​d̶̲̥̅̊ cl site to play catch up but I assure U̶̲̥̅̊ , CL has a steep history of great matches and it'l take thee a lot of time to start doing this( ur studies comes first mate)

Am not derailing ‎​d̶̲̥̅̊ thread guys,@ Medjai, am yet to come to terms with his death, I grew up late 80's slash early 90's that was ‎​d̶̲̥̅̊ boom of rap and konc G-funk, Nate's presence in tracks was just like having Timbaland or Dr Dre in an artistes track as we have now. His soulful voice was just awesome, I have an affinity to him cos I got my stage name then from his 213 crew then,(well,nairaland knows me with a holy name)

Quite a lot of passing ons, may ‎​d̶̲̥̅̊ Almighty grant us all ‎​d̶̲̥̅̊ grace to live a fulfilled fruitful life, Amen.

May this Japanese nuclear reactor behave itself
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:35am On Mar 17, 2011
holydante:

Wow!
Chich2pipmy, we sure do appreciate, Y☺u,ve got a large heart. May your desires be accomplished, and all Cules eccho Amen.

Nyce to see JM break this quarterfinals Jinx for Madrid, @ least its gratifying to see another la liga team step it up, I just hope UEFA egg heads dont go "arranging" another classico?!!!

@JP88, Y☺u can also get matches from UEFA site, with a visa card Y☺u can actually download some classic matches but I guess U̶̲̥̅̊ are still in school and this proposal won't be friendly to thy pocket otherwise Y☺u can just read up on ‎​d̶̲̥̅̊ cl site to play catch up but I assure U̶̲̥̅̊ , CL has a steep history of great matches and it'l take thee a lot of time to start doing this( your studies comes first mate)

Am not derailing ‎​d̶̲̥̅̊ thread guys,@ Medjai, am yet to come to terms with his death, I grew up late 80's slash early 90's that was ‎​d̶̲̥̅̊ boom of rap and konc G-funk, Nate's presence in tracks was just like having Timbaland or Dr Dre in an artistes track as we have now. His soulful voice was just awesome, I have an affinity to him cos I got my stage name then from his 213 crew then,(well,nairaland knows me with a holy name)

Quite a lot of passing ons, may ‎​d̶̲̥̅̊ Almighty grant us all ‎​d̶̲̥̅̊ grace to live a fulfilled fruitful life, Amen.

May this Japanese nuclear reactor behave itself

I sure do appreciate.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 9:35am On Mar 17, 2011
The Capital club yesterday showed an amazing amount of support for Abidal, ahead their game against Lyon last night.
UEFA turned down their request to put Abidal on their jerseys for the match. However, on the scoreboard, there was a picture of Abidal in a Barca jersey throughout the game. After the game, all players from both teams turned out in this T Shirt (courtesy Total Barca):

Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by switch47(m): 9:55am On Mar 17, 2011
There is only one Barcelona !! Good sportmanship. i love this game.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 11:10am On Mar 17, 2011
Is his illness this serious that all of um Madrid players had to wish him well this much?
Abeg some1 shed light on this. Am scared one of our best defender could be in this
kinda situation.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by switch47(m): 11:48am On Mar 17, 2011
eyoniggar:

Is his illness this serious that all of um Madrid players had to wish him well this much?
Abeg some1 shed light on this. Am scared one of our best defender could be in this
kinda situation.
simply put, he has got Tumor of the Lungs that needs to be operated. embarassed

BARSA!!
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 12:01pm On Mar 17, 2011
eyoniggar:

kinda situation.

Liver cancer, bro. A tumour was found, they don't know yet if its benign or malignant. He goes under the knife at 4pm today.

Remember that Benzema is his fellow Les Bleus squaddie, likewise Lassane. They are fellow Frenchmen, and Moslem brethren. Lyon was his former club. Even Kaka asked all his followers on Twitter to pray for him. Na serious matter.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 12:34pm On Mar 17, 2011
Very nice gesture from Real madrid & Lyon. I was very impressed.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by holydante(m): 2:19pm On Mar 17, 2011
AjanleKoko:

The Capital club yesterday showed an amazing amount of support for Abidal, ahead their game against Lyon last night.
UEFA turned down their request to put Abidal on their jerseys for the match. However, on the scoreboard, there was a picture of Abidal in a Barca jersey throughout the game. After the game, all players from both teams turned out in this T Shirt (courtesy Total Barca):
wonderful and emotional gesture.

what a game that footie is.

Madrid just made me develop a N5 soft spot for them cheesy
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by holydante(m): 2:24pm On Mar 17, 2011
this comment really cracked me up real good and long grin

Very kind and heart warming gesture. Sadly, like Xavi said, UEFA do not realize that there are some things that are more powerful than football. I find it kinda sad actually to deny the players the ability to do something that cannot harm anyone at all but could certainly warm the hearts of many and give strength to the Abidal family.

Anyway, hats off to Lyon, who I know respect Abidal due to the French connections. But I also must give props to Madrid. I always knew that however much we hated them, they always had a certain class, especially in the Raul days. I admit that after the last classico, I hated them and thought they had lost all of their class and royalty, due to the actions of Ramos, Carvalho, Pepe, Ronaldo, Mou, etc. But anyway, thanks for such an amazing action. L[b]ove for humanity is strongest, and we are all humans, no matter how many manitas we give to you smiley . [/b] cheesy cheesy

But seriously, thank you Lyon and Madrid. Hope we can perform similar acts of respect against Getafe, unless the stupid spanish federation punishes us,

Read more: http://www.totalbarca.com/2011/news/picture-of-the-day-lyon-players-demonstrate-support-for-abidal/#ixzz1GrYRMGBa
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by ogazi007(m): 3:30pm On Mar 17, 2011
Dont mind UEFA.i do not think they understand the serious nature of Abidal's problem.he needs all the support he could get as this is a trying time for him and his family.i was really impressed with what madrid players has done,it goes to shows we the football fans that footie aint an act of war,its just an entertainment that comes with a whole lots of emotional excitement.i guess after the 90mins of madness the players always treat themselves as brothers.get well soon Abidal.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by switch47(m): 3:43pm On Mar 17, 2011
Nice ! Way to go. Hope Abidal gets a successful treatment/surgery.
BARCA!!!
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Pharoh: 3:51pm On Mar 17, 2011
Nice gesture from both teams and i think UEFA refused in other to concentrate on the tragedy in Japan because they had some minutes silence and a banner displayed on the field before the kickoff. It was more of not doing two things at the same time and taking the most important one. It is good that both teams still did what they have to do after the match and we all hope everything goes well with abidal.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 17, 2011
I was happy when i confirmed from FCB site that Fontas has been drafted into the first team for the remaining part of the season. I think it is a right solution for our defence problem. I also expect Puyol to at least be available for the El-classico encounter. Montoya and Miño also trained.

Get well Abidal!
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by holydante(m): 5:08pm On Mar 17, 2011
Pharoh:

Nice gesture from both teams and i think UEFA refused in other to concentrate on the tragedy in Japan because they had some minutes silence and a banner displayed on the field before the kickoff. It was more of not doing two things at the same time and taking the most important one. It is good that both teams still did what they have to do after the match and we all hope everything goes well with abidal.
Its not official but i think i have to agree with you. it seems apt the way it was finally done.

Good observation mate
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by holydante(m): 11:52am On Mar 18, 2011
Champions league draw, any moment from fro after noon, hmmm, are we open minded about not drawing anyone

Am having riotous thoughts though grin
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 12:34pm On Mar 18, 2011
Abidal's operation was successful, and there seem to be no post-op issues. Check Totalbarca.

As per the draw . . . well, we face Shakhtar in the last eight. Madrid in the semis. So we get our wish for 5 Classicos this year grin but we have to get past Eduardo's team first. They have improved greatly since Arsenal thumped them at the Emirates.
It will be great. I can't wait to see Mou's face.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by holydante(m): 12:58pm On Mar 18, 2011
ooooppps

Real Madrid (Spain) v Tottenham Hotspur (England) cheesy
Chelsea (England) v Manchester United (England) shocked
Barcelona (Spain) v Shakhtar Donetsk (Ukraine) cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink
Inter Milan (Italy) v Schalke 04 (Germany) undecided
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 18, 2011
I do not know if it was good that we drew shaktar. We 'll see.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by switch47(m): 1:23pm On Mar 18, 2011
Shakter is very good at the moment but i do not see them as a major threats against barcelona. Except they manage to pull a surprise in the first leg.
Whichever way we look at this fixture barsa is the favourite to go through!!
BARSA ALL THE WAY!!
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by holydante(m): 1:24pm On Mar 18, 2011
@JP88, we dont have choice here, it could have been any team, we should not display trepidation bruv.

The key here is give them the respect as a worthy opponent but we play our game AND TAKE OUR CHANCES, kill off the game when it matters most, no pussy-footing.

Puyol and any other with injury or potential injury I command thee, get WELL NOWWWWWWW

and the victim is , shaktar cheesy
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 4:18pm On Mar 18, 2011
Good thing we got Shaktar, I'd have preferred we got Schalke though. 1st leg is at home and it's best we end the tie here and make the deciding tie in Ukraine a mere formality. The good thing is that we'll have a full strength going into this tie.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 5:00pm On Mar 18, 2011
medjai:

Good thing we got Shaktar, I'd have preferred we got Schalke though. 1st leg is at home and it's best we end the tie here and make the deciding tie in Ukraine a mere formality. The good thing is that we'll have a full strength going into this tie.

I don't like that o.
Would have preferred to do the away business first. Generally, that's how our ties go. If we get a result away (draw), our opponents will have to come and try to play us at the Camp Nou. We all know how that usually ends.
If we start at home, the blighters will come here and park the bus, hoping to escape and do the business later. Anyways, whichever. We are Barca.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 5:38pm On Mar 18, 2011
^^I would have preferred it that way too but It depends on how you qualify. Shaktar defeated Roma home and away while we lost to Arsenal away and so they're given the advantage.

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (100)

Liverpool Vs Atletico Madrid : UCL (2 - 3) On 11th March 2020 / Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 / UCL Final : Bayern Munich Vs Chelsea (3 - 4) On Pens On 19th May 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.