Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,892 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

"How Thugs Prevent Rich People From Developing Our Community"- Twitter User - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / "How Thugs Prevent Rich People From Developing Our Community"- Twitter User (13726 Views)

Rich People In Nigeria In Year 2000 vrs 2024 / Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago / Landlord Puts Barb Wire Around His Balcony To Prevent Neighbors From Sitting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "How Thugs Prevent Rich People From Developing Our Community"- Twitter User by mekonglobal(m): 2:50pm On Apr 18, 2018
laudate:

No it is not unemployment, it is greed and stupidity! angry

Can anyone spot the difference? shocked cheesy Isn't there unemployment in the North, too?
Yeah u're right u know? but there's no way u will exclude unemployment from this equation.
Re: "How Thugs Prevent Rich People From Developing Our Community"- Twitter User by laudate: 2:53pm On Apr 18, 2018
mekonglobal:
Yeah u're right u know? but there's no way u will exclude unemployment from this equation.
There is a difference between unemployment and criminality. All the illegal fees and extortion they have been carrying out, why haven't these people used its proceeds, to get themselves out of poverty & unemployment?

1 Like

Re: "How Thugs Prevent Rich People From Developing Our Community"- Twitter User by obaataaokpaewu: 3:00pm On Apr 18, 2018
activelyA:
shoot on side

grin grin cheesy
As in shoot the local government workers on their sides not head, not chest, not back grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "How Thugs Prevent Rich People From Developing Our Community"- Twitter User by shallysgirl: 3:02pm On Apr 18, 2018
laudate:

No it is not unemployment, it is greed and stupidity! angry

Can anyone spot the difference? shocked cheesy Isn't there unemployment in the North, too?
The people in the north listen to their leaders na, and we call them zombies.
Down south, it is by force by fire. Everyone is a leader. See cultism reigning everywhere in the south.
May God have mercy on us.
Re: "How Thugs Prevent Rich People From Developing Our Community"- Twitter User by shallysgirl: 3:03pm On Apr 18, 2018
WinningSun:

haha stop the lies. it is done everywhere in the south.
Yes,may be to different degrees. But I believe it happens in most places in the south.

1 Like

Re: "How Thugs Prevent Rich People From Developing Our Community"- Twitter User by activelyA(f): 3:52pm On Apr 18, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
As in shoot the local government workers on their sides not head, not chest, not back grin grin grin

cheesy grin grin
I just weak cheesy
Re: "How Thugs Prevent Rich People From Developing Our Community"- Twitter User by mikolo80: 9:12pm On Apr 18, 2018
and he and the street are looking like mumu
instead of putting a thorough beatdown on the thugs
what kind of men are we breeding in nigeria
anowrite:
It has now become a custom for touts and thugs to demand money from rich people that wants to establish anything, be it house or business, popularly called "owk ile" without knowing its effect.

Mr Gbenga Samuel Wemimo, a Twitter user narrates how these touts stopped business owner, who established an hotel in their community and bought a transformer to help the community and his hotel, but was discouraged after they forcefully collected N100,000 as "Owk Ile" from him.

He wrote:
"Somewhere in Lagos, a man built a hotel on a street and brought a new transformer to help the street and his hotel business. Youths in the area then demanded he must pay N100,000 before it will be installed. That was how the transformer got connected to just his hotel."

Other twitter users also narrate their experience from the effect of this barbaric act.

https://www.gistrealm.com/twitter-user-narrates-how-thugs-prevent-rich-people-from-developing-their-community-after-demanding-owo-ile/

Re: "How Thugs Prevent Rich People From Developing Our Community"- Twitter User by Stateside: 5:43am On Apr 19, 2018
We can blame the government all we want, but the biggest problem lies with the people.

Why is over 90% of businesses started or owned by overseas residents never survive?

Its the culture! We have a backward culture. I was blaming a colleague of mine for staying in the North, now i know why.

God help us

1 Like

Re: "How Thugs Prevent Rich People From Developing Our Community"- Twitter User by Emotionss: 8:30am On Apr 19, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
arent88:
stop saying it happens everywhere.u only see dis tins happening in the southwest,east and south south.

I don't think it's that much in the east.
South south is the worst.
I worked in Akampka. Cross River state so I know what am talking about.
Re: "How Thugs Prevent Rich People From Developing Our Community"- Twitter User by laudate: 8:33am On Apr 19, 2018
Emotionss:
[
I don't think it's that much in the east.
South south is the worst.
I worked in Akampka. Cross River state so I know what am talking about.

Cross River state? Oga, they are just learners. Go to Rivers state and Bayelsa state. Na dat time you go know say extortion get levels! Have you heard of 'deve' (i.e. development levy)?
Re: "How Thugs Prevent Rich People From Developing Our Community"- Twitter User by Emotionss: 8:42am On Apr 19, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
laudate:

Cross River state? Oga, they are just learners. Go to Rivers state and Bayelsa state. Na dat time you go know say extortion get levels! Have you heard of 'deve' (i.e. development levy)?

And we keep wondering why this places are not developing.
Re: "How Thugs Prevent Rich People From Developing Our Community"- Twitter User by goldenarrow: 9:46pm On Apr 21, 2018
Warripikin08:
You just throway d raw truth for ground.
Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

*** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** / Finishing Of 3 units of 3bedrooms Holiday Cottage For Diaspora Client / DREAMCITY ESTATE ABRAHAM ADESANYA AJAH! BUY AND BUILD IMMEDIATELY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.