Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

5 Tips Your Mom Never Told You About Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Tips Your Mom Never Told You About Marriage (510 Views)

For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? / What's The Craziest Thing Your Mom Ever Caught You Doing? / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Tips Your Mom Never Told You About Marriage by jannydear(f): 5:18am On Apr 19, 2018
Every married couple, especially the women, have dreams when it comes to life after their marriage. Marriage often comes with a lot of changes in one’s life. Some persons may cruise through marital life smoothly, while many face a turbulence. A pleasurable and happy married life is one where you learn to appreciate the rose in spite of the thorns. Here are six tips on what every person should know about marriage and the life after.

READ ALSO: Benefits of Delaying Sex until Marriage

Get ready for new responsibilities in your new house
You enter a new house with new responsibilities in marriage. You have to adjust to take in in-laws, even though it may be trying. Some in-laws are understanding, but some can be very difficult to cope with. Some bride may have issues with their in-laws at some point in their marriage. Be patient and at least make efforts to win their hearts over.

Marriage is similar to compromise
Finding a middle ground for both couples is healthy for marriage, which is an indication that both the partners value their relationship. Your happiness will always be a primacy but caring about others will make your life a lot more delightful. Be prepared for small sacrifices and compromises, but make sure you are not the only person compromising.

READ ALSO: 12 Simple Tips on How to Make a Woman Happy

Compatibility matters for a marriage to work
Don’t marry your partner because they look good physically, financially or otherwise, it would crash fast when those qualities are no longer there. A marriage without trust and compatibility is heading for the rocks. Trust and compatibility function like oxygen that makes a marriage work by overcoming all odds.

Arguments are normal, but make it constructive
Fights and argument between married couples isn’t something uncommon. When two people stay together, it is normal for them to have a change of attitude once in a while, but it is these small quarrels tends to draw couple even closer. However, it is important that you resolve the issue constructively. Holding on to grudges for too long is not healthy for marriage.

READ ALSO: 7 Solutions That Can Save a Relationship For Married and Singles

You become a multitasker
In most cases, a woman rarely had to look after the household chores before marriage. However, marriage changes that. You now have to select the daily menu, take care of professional commitment, do the laundry, and sooner or later, your task increases with the arrival of a child(ren). So you have to get prepared to become a multitasker.
Source: http://www.healthdiary365.com/2018/04/19/5-tips-your-mom-never-told-you-about-marriage/

Re: 5 Tips Your Mom Never Told You About Marriage by EYIBLESSN(m): 6:01am On Apr 19, 2018
Beautiful ideas...

All I want is Peace and Peace of Mind by Time I will be ready.

What is so special about FTC if I may ask?

(1) (Reply)

Affordable, Fast And Reliable Laundry and Dry Cleaning Service / SCAM MEMBER ALERT!!! / My Husband Has 'big But Useless Manhood', Wife Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.