Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,981 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Is A Fling Better Than A Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is A Fling Better Than A Relationship? (545 Views)

The Girl I Had One Time Fling With Is Pregnant / Last Fling Before Wedding Is Very Dangerous / So, Ladies How Will You Feel If A Guy Straight Up Asks You For A Fling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is A Fling Better Than A Relationship? by Nobody: 5:59am On Apr 19, 2018
Yes. I would say its much better than being in a relationship.

Far less drama
Far less hate
Overlooking trivial bullshit, that would otherwise be magnified to a significant amount when in a relationship
Low expectations hence no disappointments
Lots of sex
Friends even after breaking up. I would call it a partway rather than a breakup. “Had an amazing time while it lasted. But sadly, its time to part ways. Until next time smiley
If you had a healthy fling, and parted ways, and meet sometime in the future, there's always the catch - up sex
Independence. None of that gifting stuff, remembering anniversaries, birthdays, and the drama that ensues
In all honesty, I would rather have friends with benefits than be in a messy fucking relationship. More than a friend, less than a full time lover.

I think in all fairness, that's how humans were designed to be. Then came the institution of marriage and the dark ages of religious repression that almost completely eradicated this idea of short term flings. Which gave rise to concepts like sanctity and virginity and purity and other concepts invented for the sole reason of keeping people in check.

Demonising sex before marriage, and angelizing concepts that would lead to controlling people and stripping away their independence. Implanting retarded ideas into young women and men alike that would make them think that they are somehow good people if they don't engage in sexually explicit activities, and only the immoral ones engage in such activities (This ideology is more rampant in india than anywhere else)

The only thing that makes you a good person, is how you treat the people around you. It doesn't matter what habits you have, how many Bleep sessions you had, how much money you make, how much you donated to charity etc etc. If you aren't an asshole to others, and you treat everyone with the respect they are due to be given, you are automatically a good person. End of story…
https://www.quora.com/Is-a-fling-better-than-a-relationship

2 Likes

Re: Is A Fling Better Than A Relationship? by Shedrack777: 6:22am On Apr 19, 2018
is an olosho's punna better than slay queen's own? ans: NO so, your answer too is NO
Re: Is A Fling Better Than A Relationship? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 19, 2018
comshots:
Yes. I would say its much better than being in a relationship.

Far less drama
Far less hate
Overlooking trivial bullshit, that would otherwise be magnified to a significant amount when in a relationship
Low expectations hence no disappointments
Lots of sex
Friends even after breaking up. I would call it a partway rather than a breakup. “Had an amazing time while it lasted. But sadly, its time to part ways. Until next time smiley
If you had a healthy fling, and parted ways, and meet sometime in the future, there's always the catch - up sex
Independence. None of that gifting stuff, remembering anniversaries, birthdays, and the drama that ensues
In all honesty, I would rather have friends with benefits than be in a messy fucking relationship. More than a friend, less than a full time lover.

I think in all fairness, that's how humans were designed to be. Then came the institution of marriage and the dark ages of religious repression that almost completely eradicated this idea of short term flings. Which gave rise to concepts like sanctity and virginity and purity and other concepts invented for the sole reason of keeping people in check.

Demonising sex before marriage, and angelizing concepts that would lead to controlling people and stripping away their independence. Implanting retarded ideas into young women and men alike that would make them think that they are somehow good people if they don't engage in sexually explicit activities, and only the immoral ones engage in such activities (This ideology is more rampant in india than anywhere else)

The only thing that makes you a good person, is how you treat the people around you. It doesn't matter what habits you have, how many Bleep sessions you had, how much money you make, how much you donated to charity etc etc. If you aren't an asshole to others, and you treat everyone with the respect they are due to be given, you are automatically a good person. End of story…
https://www.quora.com/Is-a-fling-better-than-a-relationship
Yeah, fling is best, relationships are stressful

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Unbeatably Cheap Rx300 Forsale 1.290 / If A Man Forgive How Can A Man Forget / Man Refuses To Pay #ashawo See Reason

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.