Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) (25672 Views)

Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures: Photos Of Bunkery Boat Destroyed This Morning.. / Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures / Black Soot is Back In Port Harcourt! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by YoungDaddyB: 1:12pm On Apr 19, 2018
blaise00700:
Pardon my ignorance, what is this structure for?
I think it's a stand for a billboard.

1 Like

Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by billyG(m): 1:12pm On Apr 19, 2018
Wike shld tell his bros 2 stop illegal bunkering d root cause.

1 Like

Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by bentlywills(m): 1:13pm On Apr 19, 2018
Nice move but nothing will be done
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by Okwyjesus(m): 1:13pm On Apr 19, 2018
blaise00700:

Bro long story.

Come for corner make l do small amebo for you. Na the mono rail wey Amaechi waste billions of Rivers money be that. He abandoned it run go Abuja go dey do big boy. If you see the real waste of money Bro. You will weap for Rivers people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by ajbabs(m): 1:13pm On Apr 19, 2018
blaise00700:
That is mono rail project that progressive Amaechi spent billions of naira on.

2 Likes

Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:15pm On Apr 19, 2018
rubbish youth and rubbish protest..na this same youth wey dey don dash N1000 buhari call uneducated....see wetin dem dey do....abeg n.a. only portharcourt cloud or breeze dey blow black soot come? what about yenegoa, owerri or aba that is near by or is it only in Rivers state only companies exist to flare gas or sellers of Canda burn tires....
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by ajbabs(m): 1:16pm On Apr 19, 2018
YoungDaddyB:

I think it's a stand for a billboard.
For where? That is project of billions of naira by a good man called Rotimi Amaechi

1 Like

Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by marticeus(m): 1:18pm On Apr 19, 2018
blaise00700:
That should be flyover, Port Harcourt to Okrika

1 Like

Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by dierich: 1:21pm On Apr 19, 2018
trust me, there is still going to be war in Nigeria b4 it get better
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by DLuciano: 1:22pm On Apr 19, 2018
ALMUSTAQIM:
THE SOOT GOVERNOR WIKED OF THE SOOT STATE IS BEHIND ALL THESE

HE THOUGHT HE WOULD MAKE SOME MONEY ON THIS

NO WAY, NO WAY

WHY ONLY RIVERS STATE

WIKED, THE WICKED GOVERNOR
I still could not pick any sense in your comment cool cool cool

4 Likes

Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by viktohmarkz(m): 1:23pm On Apr 19, 2018
blaise00700:

thats the mono rail Mr Rotimi promised rivers people, now a transport minister he is yet to complete the project, the present govt in the state said he will not waste funds on a stupid project like a mono rail.
the project by Mr Rotimi actually cost millions of dollars yet left undone
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by viktohmarkz(m): 1:25pm On Apr 19, 2018
rummmy:
that road will lead you to ubima rotimi amaechis village
a village without a standard primary school
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by lolipopandy(f): 1:26pm On Apr 19, 2018
blaise00700:
only Rotimi Amechi can answer that question

1 Like

Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by trapQ: 1:27pm On Apr 19, 2018
Fool
hopefulLandlord:
Porthacourt Christian residents can pray and end the soot because the bible is filled with promises of Jesus saying you'll get whatever you ask for in his name. let's check those verses

Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen. “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” (Matthew 21:21-22)

Jesus also reiterated it again

Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:19-20)

and again

Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25)

and again

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14)

and again

(Matthew 17:20 For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.) then whatever you ask for in prayer will be granted, there are obviously only a few options available.

Put your faith to work Porthacourt Christians
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by hopefulLandlord: 1:29pm On Apr 19, 2018
trapQ:
Fool
Thanks for taking time out to tell us what you are. It takes a great deal of self awareness to know this and say it out loud

1 Like

Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by Dimmo: 1:30pm On Apr 19, 2018
blaise00700:
Amaechi uncompleted light railway project
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by ehinmowo: 1:36pm On Apr 19, 2018
blaise00700:

It's like u were reading my mind
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by Amhappy(f): 1:38pm On Apr 19, 2018
mycare:

Which solutions would you proffer?

Find the main source of the pollution and minimize it.
Eliminate it if possible
Carryout continuous monitoring and determine the threshold and inform the public regularly
Educate the public on how to protect themselves(But for how long?)

2 Likes

Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by IbnIbrahim: 1:39pm On Apr 19, 2018
stephanie11:
@POLITICSNGR

A heavy protest occurred today in Rivers state over the Black soot air pollution problem plaguing the state.

The protest was organized by the Rivers Civil Society Organization. The group called for an immediate solution to the pollution crisis.

It will be recalled that earlier this week, Governor of Rivers state, accused the Federal government of being responsible for the problem. He alleged that the Federal government was deliberately using the soot to reduce the population of Rivers state people.

He also ordered the attorney general of the state to sue the Federal Government and International Oil Companies, IOCs, operating in the state over the soot.

Photos below;

https://politicsngr.com/heavy-protest-ongoing-rivers-state-black-soot-pollution-photos/

I agree with the fact that the federal agencies have failed in ensuring international best practices to prevent pollution. As a matter of fact, during my undergraduate days, I observed that most of our patients with cancer in the head region are from South-south. But to say it is a deliberate ploy to reduce the population of the people of River State is not logical and politicking taken too far.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by Primesky(m): 1:39pm On Apr 19, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
Porthacourt Christian residents can pray and end the soot because the bible is filled with promises of Jesus saying you'll get whatever you ask for in his name. let's check those verses

Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen. “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” (Matthew 21:21-22)

Jesus also reiterated it again

Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:19-20)

and again

Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25)

and again

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14)

and again

(Matthew 17:20 For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.) then whatever you ask for in prayer will be granted, there are obviously only a few options available.

Put your faith to work Porthacourt Christians

Please stop the mock! Faith without works is dead!.
You guys are always looking for any opportunity to make fun of godly principles. There are consequences.

Don't deceive anybody here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by Nightking04(m): 1:39pm On Apr 19, 2018
blaise00700:
It is a mono-rail project started and abandoned by the APC saint; Amaechi.
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by Ajeborta20(m): 1:42pm On Apr 19, 2018
blaise00700:
Pardon my ignorance, what is this structures for?
Is a monorail line that was started by the formal governor Rotimi Ameachi.
Now abandone by the present governor.
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 19, 2018
ask4double:

Yes, about 41billion naira went into it and abandoned by the wicked Wike.

Fixed!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by orientation666: 1:43pm On Apr 19, 2018
blaise00700:
for journey to the unknown
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by Jadeng: 1:52pm On Apr 19, 2018
blaise00700:

I think it is the ongoing monorail project in Portharcourt.

See Link below:
http://www.africapropertyinvest.com/port-harcourt-completes-the-second-phase-of-light-rail-construction/
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by danigbo(m): 2:03pm On Apr 19, 2018
Part of our collective problem !
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by figment232(m): 2:04pm On Apr 19, 2018
blaise00700:
Ask Amaechi the "LIZARD OF IBIMA"

1 Like

Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by EmmyDJourno: 2:06pm On Apr 19, 2018
So the people had to protest, so our leaders do not understand the problem that comes with a messed up environment

So the President does not understand what happens in a messed up environment

Where is the Minister for Environment

Incompetence everywhere, Buhari should just go
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by ogunsj: 2:19pm On Apr 19, 2018
Amhappy:
I didnt know about this protest i would have joined. What we need is a solution.
the solution is in hand of the governor, Mr wike. you people should tell him to stop politicizing the health of the good people of Rivers. the governor should be bold enough to call his brothers who are into illegal refining and bunkery. port Harcourt and it's environs are not the only area where oil are being exploited in Nigeria. tell yourselves some home truth for once.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 19, 2018
blaise00700:

Billion $$$ Monorail failed project by Rotimi Ameachi.

Was meant to run from gov't house area to GRA presidential but it didn't get to mile 1 market b4 it became eminent it was going to be a failed project .

Banks, busineses, homes were destroyed for that crap you see hanging there.
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by lilyheaven: 2:33pm On Apr 19, 2018
blaise00700:
grin grin
Amaechi's monorail.
Do you care for a ride?
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by Lightening: 2:37pm On Apr 19, 2018
blaise00700:

Olympic diving apparatus

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures From Gbajabiamila's Constituency Meeting In Surulere / Photos And Video From The Apc Presidential Campaign Rally In Katsina / I’ll Inherit Huge Debt Profile, Empty Treasury – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.