Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) (25668 Views)

Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures: Photos Of Bunkery Boat Destroyed This Morning.. / Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures / Black Soot is Back In Port Harcourt! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by adamsumale(m): 8:13pm On Apr 19, 2018
For birds to perch on.....na their house be that naa

blaise00700:
Pardon my ignorance, what is this structure for?
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by zionic(m): 8:26pm On Apr 19, 2018
blaise00700:

MONO RAIL..

By Rotimi Amaechi

Billions gone to APC
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 19, 2018
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 19, 2018
stephanie11:
@POLITICSNGR

A heavy protest occurred today in Rivers state over the Black soot air pollution problem plaguing the state.

The protest was organized by the Rivers Civil Society Organization. The group called for an immediate solution to the pollution crisis.

It will be recalled that earlier this week, Governor of Rivers state, accused the Federal government of being responsible for the problem. He alleged that the Federal government was deliberately using the soot to reduce the population of Rivers state people.

He also ordered the attorney general of the state to sue the Federal Government and International Oil Companies, IOCs, operating in the state over the soot.

Photos below;

https://politicsngr.com/heavy-protest-ongoing-rivers-state-black-soot-pollution-photos/
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 19, 2018
three:
It's so ridiculously sad that people's lives are being toyed with in this manner....

A lot of health conditions are bound to occur from this.

Untop comatose health care system.

This is clearly malevolent.
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by honeychild(f): 8:51pm On Apr 19, 2018
deomelllo:

Such projects are not meaningless and this is just a matter of opinion and not factual reality.

Completing the project with with half of what's already spent is better than losing amount already spent. Where is the sense and wisdom in losing hundreds of millions of dollars and a wonderful project just because you are petty, ignorant, irresponsible and trying to save a little bit more money, even if it's going to cost more money, it is still your duty and responsibility to finish it and reap the benefits from what's already spent instead of losing everything end end up with nothing.

Wike is only trying to deny Amaechi credit and legacy for that project at the expense of the people of RIVERS state.

This is the kind of backward rubbish they do in that part of the country.

Let me tell you the truth my brother there was no need for that monorail. The traffic from govt house to GRA is not that heavy. One or two flyovers at strategic junctions or expanding the existing road to an eight lane road would have been wiser. Even now, as it is, the journey from govt house to GRA is at most a 15 to 20 minute journey in traffic- it’s less than 10 minutes if the road is free. Is that what you construct a monorail worth billions of dollars for?
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by urchmanni93(m): 9:13pm On Apr 19, 2018
blaise00700:

Mono-rail track... Initiated buy amechi den abandoned it.
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by deomelllo: 9:56pm On Apr 19, 2018
honeychild:

Let me tell you the truth my brother there was no need for that monorail. The traffic from govt house to GRA is not that heavy. One or two flyovers at strategic junctions or expanding the existing road to an eight lane road would have been wiser. Even now, as it is, the journey from govt house to GRA is at most a 15 to 20 minute journey in traffic- it’s less than 10 minutes if the road is free. Is that what you construct a monorail worth billions of dollars for?

At this point, it really doesn't matter because the people of Rivers state already invested their money and they must reap the benefits regardless how you or Wike's feelings regarding the project.

That project is a visionary project that doesn't make any sense to you today, but future generations will ask why it wasn't completed.

Only irresponsible leaders abandon projects initiated and started by their predecessor regardless how much is needed to complete the project.

There's no sense in losing 2 million just to save 1 million, it's stupid and rettarded. It's called penny wise, pound foolish.

Btw, the total spent on that project is $318 million, not billions. No need to exaggerate or over dramatize. I know a whole lot about that project.
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by mitchelljnr(m): 11:15pm On Apr 19, 2018
Vicintonsh:
Parkland Estate

I don't know the estate, can u gimme a landmark
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by honeychild(f): 11:24pm On Apr 19, 2018
deomelllo:

At this point, it really doesn't matter because the people of Rivers state already invested their money and they must reap the benefits regardless how you or Wike's feelings regarding the project.

That project is a visionary project that doesn't make any sense to you today, but future generations will ask why it wasn't completed.

Only irresponsible leaders abandon projects initiated and started by their predecessor regardless how much is needed to complete the project.

There's no sense in losing 2 million just to save 1 million, it's stupid and rettarded. It's called penny wise, pound foolish.

Btw, the total spent on that project is $318 million, not billions. No need to exaggerate or over dramatize. I know a whole lot about that project.

Oga not everything is about politics. Sometimes one has to say the truth. I am an admirer of Amaechi because he is hands down the best governor Rivers State has had in this Republic. But the monorail was an ill advised project. And to continue it will simply amount to throwing good money after bad. If the rail was supposed to get to presidential junction, and it hasn’t even gotten to Mile 1 park, that’s less than 1/4 of the work done. So it’s more like throwing 5 or 6 million after a bad project in order not to have wasted 2 million. Sometimes one has to know when to cut your losses.
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by Vicintonsh(m): 11:44pm On Apr 19, 2018
mitchelljnr:

I don't know the estate, can u gimme a landmark
It's off Peter Odili road, I don't really know PH that much

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Will Never Come Back To Aso Rock, Osinbajo Vows / Photos And Video From The Apc Presidential Campaign Rally In Katsina / Reps Uncover 45m Barrels Sold At N45m At Lagos Ports Complex In 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.