Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,752 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down (66673 Views)

Alaafin Of Oyo & Ooni Both Bow To Greet Each Other (Photo) / Ooni Of Ife In A Sway Back Sitting Mode On A Private Jet-photo / Moment Oba Of Lagos Returned To His Palace After Two Months (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by shoelotng(m): 4:15pm On Apr 19, 2018
Shikena:

Your opinion, not 'the truth'.
Cultures evolve as horizon expands. If I travel to a place in Asia and the culture says guests at the palace must eat lizards with the king, I will respectfully decline. Respect doesn't mean you must do what your host requests.
At least this wasn't lizard meal
Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by Shikena(m): 4:16pm On Apr 19, 2018
koning:
Can't you see that Ken Nnamani finds it funny and misplaced. That's why he's laughing out loud like that.

To him it's mockery. Kenneth Okonkwo is just groveling, looking for something.
Nice try - we don't kneel, we grovel grin

1 Like

Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by Shikena(m): 4:17pm On Apr 19, 2018
shoelotng:

At least this wasn't lizard meal
Obviously, but that's 100 level logical reasoning and the point should be clear.
Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by Dominicandy: 4:18pm On Apr 19, 2018
Wetin consign white men(enlightened) with una Mumu slavery life? tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by Obidon042: 4:20pm On Apr 19, 2018
Bcoz they are seeing it as rubbish, not in their culture.
Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by mikolo80: 4:22pm On Apr 19, 2018
ogolomachi:
afonjas are naturally dumb.... quote me and lose your sights
yet it took just one to dominate you and your future generations
Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by justtruth88miSt(f): 4:23pm On Apr 19, 2018
Big slave and small slaves...

1 Like

Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by koning: 4:31pm On Apr 19, 2018
You guys posting Nnamdi Kanu's picture of people kneeling for him should be ashamed of themselves. You ought to know the difference between Nnamdi Kanu and a traditional ruler.

The same guy kneeling for Nnamdi kanu would probably fly-kick his Igwe if he disagrees with IPOB.

Nnamdi Kanu is a cult leader. He is like a religious leader to his followers. Do not put him on the same pedestal with the Ooni of Ife.

Cult followership is totally irrational.
Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by ogolomachi(f): 4:32pm On Apr 19, 2018
mikolo80:
yet it took just one to dominate you and your future generations
idiot ure misinformed or probably read the wrong history
Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by iamdynamite(m): 4:38pm On Apr 19, 2018
ogolomachi:
a child abuses an iroko tree and look back....
so are you now a tree, because i dont understand undecided
Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:55pm On Apr 19, 2018
Respect to those Yorubas.
Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by spinna: 5:14pm On Apr 19, 2018
Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by mikolo80: 5:17pm On Apr 19, 2018
ogolomachi:
idiot ure misinformed or probably read the wrong history
who is crying marginalisation?
who wants to leave?
who can't leave?
who was crushed by awolowo with one simple move?
go and check meaning of domination
and realise whose father was ,is and will forever be an idiot
Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by Ade3000yrs(m): 5:23pm On Apr 19, 2018
hmmm, When u are in Afghanistan, Iran and Pakistan, am sure you would want to behave like one for fear of the guillotine for disrespect to the tradition. In a modern age that we are and as a Yoruba man of a 21st century that I am, though this kind of greeting highly unnecessary, I am sure my throat would not be slit if i stand up right to greet the kind or possibly extend a firm hand shake. All these our Inherited primitive African traditions are already facing out. It is we blacks that needs to get our heads checked and gladly warm up to the change and cultural demands of times.

Greeting a Royal King this way by Kneeling down is a bitter truth that we Yoruba, igbos, Hausas and Africans generally must change from for something better like the more interesting talks of the Next Scientific invention and the next medical or technological feat or discoveries. We Africans needs a severe cultural overhauling.

1 Like

Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by lexy2014: 5:55pm On Apr 19, 2018
TMemos:
There's also a black man not kneeling down.

So what's your point?

The picture is therefore not enough to make any reliable conclusion.

We don't know why the black guys are kneeling down
We don't know how long the black guys spent kneeling down
We don't know if the black guy NOT kneeling down never knelt down
We don't know if the black guy NOT kneeling down ever knelt down
We don't know if the white guys ever knelt down
We don't know if the black guys kneeling down chose to do it
do u no how many times d guy not kneeling down kneels down on a daily basis? He has done his own fair share of kneeling down. He is just taking a rest. When d visitors leave, he will continue
Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by Madeu(m): 5:55pm On Apr 19, 2018
helinues:
That's Yoruba culture not white

No big deal
This is Theresa May, UK Prime Minister. She went to an Hindu temple in India, with a Saree and walks barefooted. With her position she can never disrespect India culture. You African Blacks are lost. Especially those Yoruba Obas; perfect sellout.

Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by tianshie(m): 6:09pm On Apr 19, 2018
There shouldn't have been any chair to sit on.
Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by derecho(m): 6:27pm On Apr 19, 2018
JoshB92:
They were kneeling down because they understands their culture...the whihtes doesn't have a culture
My brother,don't join people to say "the whites don't have a culture".They do...Everyone does.
By the way,Is culture a Yoruba or African word?
Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by Gkemz: 6:28pm On Apr 19, 2018
The oyinbo men will be like "What the hell is wrong with these black monkeys kneeling down? No wonder we still regard them as slaves."
Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by slam7000(m): 6:41pm On Apr 19, 2018
helinues:
That's Yoruba culture not white

No big deal

So if an Igbo man visits the Oni and decide not to kneel down, it’ll be fine with Oni and his chiefs??
Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 19, 2018
Madeu:

This is Theresa May, UK Prime Minister. She went to an Hindu temple in India, with a Saree and walks barefooted. With her position she can never disrespect India culture. You African Blacks are lost. Especially those Yoruba Obas; perfect sellout.

I didn’t see any respect for Indian(Hindu) culture there. Theresa May can walk barefoot from London to Delhi for all I care, until she show us her right breast, she hasn’t respected any Indian culture.

Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by AFONJAPIG(m): 6:54pm On Apr 19, 2018
Adebowale89:

slavery is licking someone's that's not a traditional leaders of your region legs

now judge yourself
its better to kiss the feet of a great man, a legend and a man that foretold tomorrow than to lick poo water because of a coward that called his subject lazy and criminals ... Below are Yoruba Muslims worshiping their Fulani Demigod

Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by TMemos: 7:17pm On Apr 19, 2018
lexy2014:
do u no how many times d guy not kneeling down kneels down on a daily basis? He has done his own fair share of kneeling down. He is just taking a rest. When d visitors leave, he will continue

Can you know from the picture? Do you have additional information that has not been provided?

That's the issue here
Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by Origin(f): 8:46pm On Apr 19, 2018
Its not the color of skin that matters. These are marketers that need something from the king.

As long as they get it and make their money, they don't mind lying flat for him.
Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by Stevo22: 9:54pm On Apr 19, 2018
Even if they kneel down,that's our culture and identity.
Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by YourNemesis: 9:54pm On Apr 19, 2018
Moderators on this nairaland are funny.
So they left the post i quoted calling people mumus for observing their culture, as well as all othe other ethnic slurs directed at Yorubas, but deleted my reply?

No wonder this entire website has become a tribal cesspit that reasonable Nigerians don't bother posting i anymore.

rubbish.
Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by lexy2014: 10:01pm On Apr 19, 2018
TMemos:

Can you know from the picture? Do you have additional information that has not been provided?

That's the issue here
so how can u also that he hasn't knelt down b4 just looking at d picture?
Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by TMemos: 10:43pm On Apr 19, 2018
lexy2014:
so how can u also that he hasn't knelt down b4 just looking at d picture?

Read me very well.

I didn't make a conclusive statement on that. What I'm saying is that the single picture doesn't provide an opportunity to do that.
Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by lexy2014: 11:30pm On Apr 19, 2018
TMemos:

Read me very well.

I didn't make a conclusive statement on that. What I'm saying is that the single picture doesn't provide an opportunity to do that.
I read u very well but seems u didn't read me well. Am not making a conclusive statement but just d same u assume d guy didn't kneel down just by looking is same am assuming there's a likelihood that he has done his own kneeling cos looking @d pix he isn't a visitor like d other guys
Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by BabaRamota1980: 1:29am On Apr 20, 2018
The palace has protocol officers. They are responsible for coaching this, so the white men will enter and be wowed in the sacredness of their sorrounding. They will then prostrate flat on ground and greet the Ooni.

Ooni wants us to teach Yoruba language in school, but he is not coaching culture in his palace
Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by October1960: 3:13am On Apr 20, 2018
He's just just man.

Who has done nothing for his people.
Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by ddeola: 4:07am On Apr 20, 2018
Ofcourse, the queen of England doesn't expect you to kneel down or postrate to greet her. The people kneeling before the Ooni will stand before the queen of England.

An understanding of the difference in culture will make one not to misinterpret the picture

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony / When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) / Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.