Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,691 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down (66675 Views)

Alaafin Of Oyo & Ooni Both Bow To Greet Each Other (Photo) / Ooni Of Ife In A Sway Back Sitting Mode On A Private Jet-photo / Moment Oba Of Lagos Returned To His Palace After Two Months (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by Nobody: 4:14am On Apr 20, 2018
Why are people excusing rudeness. This is how white people are above the law in Africa angry

I thought Nigerians had respect for their culture.
Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:25am On Apr 20, 2018
Onechancearmy:
It all depends on wether or not the Ooni of ife has created a particular protocol of decorum to be observed by visitors to his palace.

Her Majesty the Queen of England has her own set of etiquette and protocols to be observed when receiving visitors and those rules apply to everyone who makes an official visit to Buckingham Palace, regardless of whether you are British or a foreigner.Even Theresa May, the Prime Minister of Britain has to comply with etiquette and kneel when she meets with the Queen. Over there kneeling is called curtsying:

Maybe unlike the British monarch, the Ooni does not feel the need of imposing the same rules of etiquette and public decorum on both his subjects and non subjects.

Will Buhari, Trump or Putin kneel when they meets with her
Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by Onechancearmy(m): 9:00am On Apr 20, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

Will Buhari, Trump or Putin kneel when they meets with her

Kneeling before the Queen is usually done by women. Men have their own way of paying their respect.
Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by TMemos: 9:07am On Apr 20, 2018
lexy2014:
I read u very well but seems u didn't read me well. Am not making a conclusive statement but just d same u assume d guy didn't kneel down just by looking is same am assuming there's a likelihood that he has done his own kneeling cos looking @d pix he isn't a visitor like d other guys

From the picture, is he kneeling down?

I said, the picture is not enough to make conclusions.

What additional point have you made?
Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by lexy2014: 10:32am On Apr 20, 2018
TMemos:

From the picture, is he kneeling down?

I said, the picture is not enough to make conclusions.

What additional point have you made?
does d picture tell u d mans life history or it just captured a moment in d guys life?does d picture tell u what happened a day b4, a week b4, a month b4 or a year b4? Its like seeing a picture of someone sleeping and cause of that u say thats all there is 2d person
Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by TMemos: 11:12am On Apr 20, 2018
lexy2014:
does d picture tell u d mans life history or it just captured a moment in d guys life?does d picture tell u what happened a day b4, a week b4, a month b4 or a year b4? Its like seeing a picture of someone sleeping and cause of that u say thats all there is 2d person

You must like arguments just for their sake.

Now, let's go back. What is the different thing you're saying from what I said?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by lexy2014: 11:31am On Apr 20, 2018
TMemos:

You must like arguments just for their sake.

Now, let's go back. What is the different thing you're saying from what I said?
u tell me
Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by TMemos: 11:48am On Apr 20, 2018
lexy2014:
u tell me

You just like arguments

I was the one who first wrote before you came up with your view.

I still don't know the fresh view or info you're providing.

I've asked you for this view and you're pushing it back to me.

Na wa for you
Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 20, 2018
Turantula:
Afonja and mumuism na 5 & 6. An Igbo man will never kneel for anybody no matter who you be.
And ofcourse if kneeling has a handsome price. grin grin

Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by lexy2014: 9:23pm On Apr 20, 2018
TMemos:

You just like arguments

I was the one who first wrote before you came up with your view.

I still don't know the fresh view or info you're providing.

I've asked you for this view and you're pushing it back to me.

Na wa for you
u are spot on
Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by Nodogragra4me(m): 9:39pm On Apr 21, 2018
Onechancearmy:

Kneeling before the Queen is usually done by women. Men have their own way of paying their respect.

Buhari was there with his wife and she didn't kneel to greet her. You don't have the correct information on this greeting thing.
Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by jbblues24(m): 9:35pm On Jun 01, 2019
Mmh wondering if this comment will hit the generateor as well... embarassed
Re: Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down by Bantukiller(m): 11:14am On Jan 31, 2022
WE SOMALIS ARE ARYAN RACE ACCORDING TO WIKIPEDIA! ADOLF HITLER ADMIRED SOMALIS. EVEN BRITISH SAID WE ARE NOT AFRICAN! I SAY WE SOMALI BROTHERS SHOULD FOLLOW NAZI AND HITLER PRINCIPLES TO FIX OUR HOMELANDS! WE MUST PUT ASIDE QABIL AND CLAN AND BE ONE SOMALI NATION! WE NEED A STRONG LEADER LIKE A SOMALI HITLER TO MAKE US GREAT AGAIN. WE MUST STOP THE RACE MIXING AND ELIMINATE RACE TRAITORS! OUR WOMEN BELONG TO US, IF THEY HAVE SEX OR GET PREGNANT BY A NON SOMALI WE MUST KILL MOTHER AND CHILD. WE NEED TO START THIS PROCESS NOW TO HAVE A THOUSAND YEARS REICH! HEIL HITLER! SIEG HEIL 88!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony / When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) / Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.