Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,817 members, 7,813,698 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. (92769 Views)

Memoirs From Chile / Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Berliner1: 9:13am On Jun 03, 2018
peacengine:

Not only boredom, language and winter problem but also culture shock/lack of complete acceptance, type of job available for most blacks, racism and the system in place to keep you working to pay heavy taxes throughout your meaningful life.

Its your choice if you decide to end up working in lager for eternity.

The education and certification to be unique and get a desire job is available for everyone.

2 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by akashi01(m): 9:24am On Jun 03, 2018
peacengine:

Not only boredom, language and winter problem but also culture shock/lack of complete acceptance, type of job available for most blacks, racism and the system in place to keep you working to pay heavy taxes throughout your meaningful life.

Who's giving you all these ideas?

You haven't even stepped out of Nigeria man.

1 Like

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by peacengine(m): 10:01am On Jun 03, 2018
Berliner1:

Its your choice if you decide to end up working in lager for eternity.

The education and certification to be unique and get a desire job is available for everyone.

Education is available but desired job is not, your skin is the first determinant most times bro, only lucky few get their desired job especially if not medicine or IT, even then you will feel the difference in race.
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by peacengine(m): 10:03am On Jun 03, 2018
akashi01:

Who's giving you all these ideas?

You haven't even stepped out of Nigeria man.

Dude I can bet my left balls you are not up to 19yrs I dunno why you feel u kno too much.

2 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Berliner1: 10:11am On Jun 03, 2018
peacengine:

Education is available but desired job is not, your skin is the first determinant most times bro, only lucky few get their desired job especially if not medicine or IT, even then you will feel the difference in race.

Where is desired job available without paying your dues? Mention the country.

Look for internship,werkstudent after that the rest becomes easier.

Move with people with positivity.

I know more than 10 Nigerians working after graduation here...its not easy anywhere...learn language, do internship, study courses in demand(not the likes of forestry etc)...connect with people and move out of your afro bloc.

2 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by peacengine(m): 10:16am On Jun 03, 2018
Berliner1:

I know more than 10 Nigerians working after graduation here...its not easy anywhere...learn language, do internship, study courses in demand(not the likes of forestry etc)...connect with people and move out of your afro bloc.

Guy, no where.

1 Like

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by MiamiePizza(m): 12:14pm On Jun 03, 2018
I always want to move Abroad but I got no one there to settle with...getting the money to move isn't problem but accommodation over there is...I'm ready to share a room with 5 if there is any one out there to accommodate me. I promise I won't get to give any troubles. please kindly message me here or call/ what's app on 09024030970.
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by theamerican(f): 6:52pm On Jun 05, 2018
Berliner1:

This is spot on! People forget two of the most important things to remember when migrating: a positive mind and assimilation (blending in)! That's why some people fail.

Move with people who see their cups as half full (not half empty) and try to blend with your host town/city/state/country. Learn about them and try to do things their way and your life would be easier. You stubbornly refuse to learn Finnish, German, Spanish, Italian for example or refuse to try to change your pronunciation habits for Americans, Canadians, etc. to understand you and you complain later, you have yourself to blame.

4 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by GreatDIM: 7:15pm On Jun 05, 2018
Berliner1:

I'll use this post to begin on this thread, what most people fail to realise when migrating is that you must be adding value!. You aren't a citizen of the country, so where does your sense of entitlement come from?

Also, Berliner mentioned studying in demand courses, from 4 years in UK, I can say that most indigenes of these countries don't want to study the hard/technical courses, so going to study courses like "European history, Sociology, Human Resources etc." will only put you at a disadvantage cos there's a surplus of their indigenes in that labour market.

The key to successful migration I'll say is strategically planning before moving and ensuring you have potential to add value to the country you are migrating to.

I'll be sharing experiences of myself, family and friends to the question this thread asks, later

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by vickifeanyi47(m): 7:25pm On Jun 05, 2018
GreatDIM:

I'll use this post to begin on this thread, what most people fail to realise when migrating is that you must be adding value!. You aren't a citizen of the country, so where does you sense of entitlement come from?

Also, Berliner mentioned studying in demand courses, from 4 years in UK, I can say that most indigenes of these countries don't want to study the hard/technical courses, so going to study courses like "European history, Sociology, Human Resources etc." will only put you at a disadvantage cos there's a surplus of their indigenes in that labour market.

The key to successful migration I'll say is strategically planning before moving and ensuring you have potential to add value to the country you are migrating to.

I'll be sharing experiences of myself, family and friends to the question this thread asks, later

we look forward to that.. thanks
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by theamerican(f): 7:53pm On Jun 05, 2018
GreatDIM:

I'll use this post to begin on this thread, what most people fail to realise when migrating is that you must be adding value!. You aren't a citizen of the country, so where does you sense of entitlement come from?

You're wise and I agree with you. I'd love to learn about your experiences. wink

2 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Ugosample(m): 8:40pm On Jun 05, 2018
theamerican:

This is spot on! People forget two of the most important things to remember when migrating: a positive mind and assimilation (blending in)! That's why some people fail.

Move with people who see their cups as half full (not half empty) and try to blend with your host town/city/state/country. Learn about them and try to do things their way and your life would be easier. You stubbornly refuse to learn Finnish, German, Spanish, Italian for example or refuse to try to change your pronunciation habits for Americans, Canadians, etc. to understand you and you complain later, you have yourself to blame.

Well, your last paragraph is not always applicable

Indians speak horrible English, but many of them are doing fine.

But their children speak better English tho

2 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by theamerican(f): 10:00pm On Jun 05, 2018
Ugosample:

Well, your last paragraph is not always applicable

Indians speak horrible English, but many of them are doing fine.

But their children speak better English tho

You missed the message, but ok. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by GreatDIM: 10:44pm On Jun 05, 2018
theamerican, thanks for this thread. I believe it would be very helpful to the increasing number of people seeking greener pastures outside the country.

I'm a bit privileged to have experienced living abroad and also have friends and family spread all around, so I'll start sharing unique experiences tomorrow, but before that, I would like to address something I noticed from previous comments.

I know some migrants rub their experiences into the faces of others who aren't privileged enough to venture out of the country and all, which leads most people to have a very negative stance towards the topic. But one thing I'll tell you is that, though it is not always rosy on the other side, the opportunities that abound in developed countries can never compare with what's present back here.

13 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by GreatDIM: 10:46pm On Jun 05, 2018
Furthermore, I'll say wherever you find yourself, home or abroad, make the best of wherever you find yourself. I returned to Nigeria in 2015 after my BSc, did my NYSC, worked for some time, tried my hands at entrepreneurship and right now, I'm ready to leave again. I will say there are some business opportunities in Nigeria, e.g. I tried my hands at export of raw materials and a little of agricultural produce and it brought money, in fact good money to the extent members of family wanted in. So like someone stated 4 million can be used to start something here in Nigeria if you are willing to go through the pains of hustling in Nigeria.

Moreover, you'll have to admit that the standard of living in Nigeria is very low that's why people still move. You say someone earning 700k shouldn't move? Except you work for the government, else if you earn 700k in Nigeria, you are way more valuable outside with even better working conditions. A friend of mine earning 220k in a top network engineering firm just got a job worth 51,000 euros per year in Amsterdam, he applied from Nigeria. Working in Nigeria is something else, I work in Lagos and trust me this is MADNESS! Have you seen CMS by 6am?

In a summary, whichever situation you find yourself, make good use of it. For those critical of those leaving, it's best not to judge, everyone has their unique reasons for wanting to migrate. For those who have migrated, no need to rub it in the faces of others. There are different paths and routes to fulfillment in this life. The end will justify the means.

27 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by travelland(f): 5:02am On Jun 06, 2018
GreatDIM:
theamerican, thanks for this thread. I believe it would be very helpful to the increasing number of people seeking greener pastures outside the country.

I'm a bit privileged to have experienced living abroad and also have friends and family spread all around, so I'll start sharing unique experiences tomorrow, but before that, I would like to address something I noticed from previous comments.

I know some migrants rub their experiences into the faces of others who aren't privileged enough to venture out of the country and all, which leads most people to have a very negative stance towards the topic. But one thing I'll tell you is that, though it is not always rosy on the other side, the opportunities that abound in developed countries can never compare with what's present back here.

Not always true when you have a black face in a white country. Even when you are a citizen, as long as your skin is black and you live in a white country, it will work against you.

3 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Ugosample(m): 7:25am On Jun 06, 2018
theamerican:

You missed the message, but ok. smiley
I got the message
just bringing out other possibilities
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Ugosample(m): 8:40am On Jun 06, 2018
travelland:

Not always true when you have a black face in a white country. Even when you are a citizen, as long as your skin is black and you live in a white country, it will work against you.

Well you are right, not always true

Of course they are racists from everywhere, but the opportunities to succeed abound in the west

How come Indians, Iranians, Arabs and people from elsewhere come to the west with nothing, and in 40 years, they are running successful businesses IN the west that rivals the one already established.
Mo Ibrahim, Sadi Khan, Patrick Bet David, the owners of E bay, Alexander Amosu, Bhatia, etc came from elsewhere and they are doing JUST fine

And that is so because of the opportunities that exists.

I think we as Africans need to learn from the Asian sub ethnic group, to know how they did it etc.
That COULD help us be very productive every where you find yourself (even in Nigeria)

Lastly as I have noticed in Nigeria and in some other African countries, coming from the "wrong" part of Nigeria or that country is even much worse than suffering racism, becauae it's your country men discriminating and making life difficult for you.

I am from the wrong part of Nigeria "Igbo" and despite all the success my family and indeed many other Igbo families have achieved both at the East and nationwide, you are still seem as a "Igbo man"

Many people from other ethnic groups (especially some Yoruba) hate you for no good reason, and hopes some thing terrible happens to you and your business so that you will be in the ground.

Many Nigerians will not vote an Igbo man to office because he is just Igbo, not because he is unqualified.

Some back then in Lagos even dream that one day Igbos will be Chased out of Lagos and the businesses and properties will be redistributed to the "omoluabis" (I heard this ridiculous statement first hand)

So after being treated like that, you really think it's "racial discrimination" that would deter him in the West?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by GreatDIM: 10:56am On Jun 06, 2018
Well said Ugosample.....

travelland I get your fears, but let me tell you something, when you're a valuable addition to any economy, you won't be denied opportunities cos you are too valuable to be ignored.

I stated previously about a friend who's a network engineer here that got a job in Amsterdam, the head of their IT department was surprised that a 23 year old, Nigerian for that matter would be well versed in Networking. For those who know about network engineering, he has two CCNP certificates (R&S, Collaboration) and is going for his CCIE exam later this year. He had to do a video interview twice because his portfolio seemed just too good to be true.

You should also be aware that Goldman sachs completed it's recruitment in Nigeria in about March and the succesful candidates, two amongst which I know personally, are to be given work permit to work in UK. So it's obvious that there's a demand for HIGHLY skilled labour, once you have valuable skills regardless of your skin colour, there is demand for your services in developed countries.

8 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by travelland(f): 11:14am On Jun 06, 2018
GreatDIM:
Well said Ugosample.....

travelland I get your fears, but let me tell you something, when you're a valuable addition to any economy, you won't be denied opportunities cos you are too valuable to be ignored.

I stated previously about a friend who's a network engineer here that got a job in Amsterdam,the head of their IT department was surprised that a 23 year old, Nigerian for that matter would be well versed in Networking. For those who know about network engineering, he has two CCNP certificates (R&S, Collaboration) and is going for his CCIE exam later this year. He had to do a video interview twice because his portfolio seemed just too good to be true

You should also be aware that Goldman sachs completed it's recruitment in Nigeria in about March and the succesful candidates, two amongst which I know personally, are to be given work permit to work in UK. So it's obvious that there's a demand for HIGHLY skilled labour, once you have valuable skills regardless of your skin colour, there is demand for your services in developed countries.

I get your point please don't misunderstand me, your sincerity shows in your post but if this guy was a white Western man the head of IT won't be as surprised as this. Wait until the guy starts working though, he will give you feedback after a while

5 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by travelland(f): 12:59pm On Jun 06, 2018
Ugosample:

Well you are right, not always true

Of course they are racists from everywhere, but the opportunities to succeed abound in the west

How come Indians, Iranians, Arabs and people from elsewhere come to the west with nothing, and in 40 years, they are running successful businesses IN the west that rivals the one already established.
Mo Ibrahim, Sadi Khan, Patrick Bet David, the owners of E bay, Alexander Amosu, Bhatia, etc came from elsewhere and they are doing JUST fine

And that is so because of the opportunities that exists.

I think we as Africans need to learn from the Asian sub ethnic group, to know how they did it etc.
That COULD help us be very productive every where you find yourself (even in Nigeria)

Lastly as I have noticed in Nigeria and in some other African countries, coming from the "wrong" part of Nigeria or that country is even much worse than suffering racism, becauae it's your country men discriminating and making life difficult for you.

I am from the wrong part of Nigeria "Igbo" and despite all the success my family and indeed many other Igbo families have achieved both at the East and nationwide, you are still seem as a "Igbo man"

Many people from other ethnic groups (especially some Yoruba) hate you for no good reason, and hopes some thing terrible happens to you and your business so that you will be in the ground.

Many Nigerians will not vote an Igbo man to office because he is just Igbo, not because he is unqualified.

Some back then in Lagos even dream that one day Igbos will be Chased out of Lagos and the businesses and properties will be redistributed to the "omoluabis" (I heard this ridiculous statement first hand)

So after being treated like that, you really think it's "racial discrimination" that would deter him in the West?

You mentioned Asians prospering? Many of them own their businesses and patronise themselves, they also face racism but their numbers are used to their advantage, you can go to quora and read their stories, you will have more insight

How many eastern states have elected a non indigene, even within yourselves you can't elect someone from another Igbo state talkless of other regions but in Lagos, there are Igbo people voted for and occupying political positions.

Now, coming back home view the legislative arm of government, an Igbo man is occupying 2nd position in the country, Yoruba, 1st, Hausa 1st.(executive). Now view all Western countries today, check Europe, Australia, America and Canada, mention how many Blacks you see occupying 1st to 3rd position of authority in equivalent positions. Move to millitary, check through, you will see representatives of all six geo political zones, do same for Western countries, how many blacks do you see leading such position?

If you do this simple exercise, you will begin to understand that opportunities are not equal in white majority countries.

Those who wish to migrate should do it legally stop making things difficult for others leaving behind you, that's all.

2 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Ugosample(m): 1:27pm On Jun 06, 2018
travelland:

You mentioned Asians prospering? Many of them own their businesses and patronise themselves, they also face racism but their numbers are used to their advantage, you can go to quora and read their stories, you will have more insight

How many eastern states have elected a non indigene, even within yourselves you can't elect someone from another Igbo state talkless of other regions but in Lagos, there are Igbo people voted for and occupying political positions.

Now, coming back home view the legislative arm of government, an Igbo man is occupying 2nd position in the country, Yoruba, 1st, Hausa 1st.(executive). Now view all Western countries today, check Europe, Australia, America and Canada, mention how many Blacks you see occupying 1st to 3rd position of authority in equivalent positions. Move to millitary, check through, you will see representatives of all six geo political zones, do same for Western countries, how many blacks do you see leading such position?

If you do this simple exercise, you will begin to understand that opportunities are not equal in white majority countries.

Those who wish to migrate should do it legally stop making things difficult for others leaving behind you, that's all.

Discrimination should not be an excuse as to why one did not succeed in their endeavors.
Yes indeed asians get to feel the heat a lil bit, but they are successful, and they have laid a solid foundation for themselves that they should be proud of.

A feat that blacks unfortunately has not done...... well not yet.

As for that talk of igbo not voting anyone who is not igbo, that is a mischievous comment that you made, and if you dont see the discrimination against igbo people in Nigeria (either subtle or otherwise) then you are a hypocrite.

No tribe in Nigeria is vilified like the igbo man. But that is a different topic.

How many igbo people have held office in say Ogun or Oyo states, states that have significant populations? just a question.

Well lets forget about that. We have learnt to forge ahead despite the situation.

Your last statement is correct. Let people stop migrating illegally in large numbers.

But we both know the trend will continue unabated for a long time.

4 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by travelland(f): 2:08pm On Jun 06, 2018
Ugosample:

Discrimination should not be an excuse as to why one did not succeed in their endeavors.
Yes indeed asians get to feel the heat a lil bit, but they are successful, and they have laid a solid foundation for themselves that they should be proud of.

A feat that blacks unfortunately has not done...... well not yet.

As for that talk of igbo not voting anyone who is not igbo , that is a mischievous comment that you made, and if you dont see the discrimination against igbo people in Nigeria (either subtle or otherwise) then you are a hypocrite.

No tribe in Nigeria is vilified like the igbo man. But that is a different topic.

How many igbo people have held office in say Ogun or Oyo states, states that have significant populations? just a question.

Well lets forget about that. We have learnt to forge ahead despite the situation.

Your last statement is correct. Let people stop migrating illegally in large numbers.

But we both know the trend will continue unabated for a long time.

You were the one who accused other tribes of not voting for Igbo and I said there are Igbos occupying elected positions in Lagos, which other tribe is occupying any elected position in Igbo land?

Igbos have been Vice president and senate president, an Igbo has been Nigerian president too. What will you say about SS who only got the chance through GEJ?

Stop your pranks, this shouldn't be an avenue to champion your Biafrian views, no wonder you jump from post to post spewing gabbage about Nigeria. If anyone is complaining about marginalization, smaller tribes should be the first. Yet in all arms of government apart from executive every tribe is represented

5 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nig4Greatness: 2:19pm On Jun 06, 2018
@UGOSAMPLE!!!!....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!,
Please don't abuse this thread with your tribal rants here..obviously this thread has no room for that,so stay on topic.

8 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Ugosample(m): 2:23pm On Jun 06, 2018
travelland:

You were the one who accused other tribes of not voting for Igbo and I said there are Igbos occupying elected positions in Lagos, which other tribe is occupying any elected position in Igbo land?

Igbos have been Vice president and senate president, an Igbo has been Nigerian president too. What will you say about SS who only got the chance through GEJ?

Stop your pranks, this shouldn't be an avenue to champion your Biafrian views, no wonder you jump from post to post spewing gabbage about Nigeria. If anyone is complaining about marginalization, smaller tribes should be the first. Yet in all arms of government apart from executive every tribe is represented

It's my prayer that Nigeria one day heals, and that every Nigerian will see his fellow Nigerian as a compatriot and fellow stake holder in the Nigerian project, and not rivals ot people that needs to be kept on a leash

AMEN.

But till then, I have to tell myself the truth, and you also know that there exists some form of tribalism practised and some vilification going on against Igbo people

I pray that ends one day.

You may not be a tribalist, but a WHOLE lot of people out there are tribalists (I have met so many)

And please don't mention biafra and my name in the same statement

I am NOT pro biafra
people in the forum who know me know that.

I believe as bad and rotten as the country is today, it's better together than balkanised, because if Nigeria is to be balkanised, it will break into at least 50, which will cause confusion and instability.

peace

2 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Ugosample(m): 2:26pm On Jun 06, 2018
Nig4Greatness:
@UGOSAMPLE!!!!....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!,
Please don't abuse this thread with your tribal rants here..obviously this thread has no room for that,so stay on topic.

If you read my comment, you will know why I brought in the Igbo angle in response to Travelland's comment that i highlighted

She was talking abkyr discrimination, and I was trying to say that it's not an excuse because even my own people are discriminated against in a way in Nigeria yet they move forward.

So "discrimination" is not an excuse

Get that

4 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Ugosample(m): 2:28pm On Jun 06, 2018
Anyways let's stick to the core topic
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by sahm4u2nv(m): 2:36pm On Jun 06, 2018
theamerican:
@Kalu61

I'll let it go. You failed to answer simple questions: where can 4m buy you a land in Lagos and/or what business can you do with it? Also, I simply explained how people go abroad for quality of life. Apparently, we see quality of life differently so I'll let that go.

You missed the whole point I was passing across so I'll leave you to keep reading and maybe someday, you finally get it. Your "most of the people over there, most of you guys over there" claims show how out of touch you are with reality.

I don't argue with people who can't make counter-arguments without using insults, missing the point, or attacking the other person. You want to defend your country, all well and good.

Have a great day. grin grin grin

PS. This thread isn't an attack on any Nigerian's decision to remain in Nigeria. It's a platform to rub minds on the attractions abroad and if they're worth migrating for. Do you even have that 4m Naira? Lol... do you know how long it would take to have 4m Naira cash in your account?

Nigerian banks will give loans worth hundreds of millions of Naira to corrupt politicians but wouldn't give promising minds ordinary 50k. Go and apply for that 4m Naira loan to set up that awesome business of yours, come back and explain your finding(s).

I rest my case with you. God bless you.
You have said it all, I'm 28 and a DSA with one of the reputable bank here in Nigeria, I am MSc in view, my take home is 34k/month( u can imagine).
All you said is nothing but true, I just finished administering a customer who took 4 years loan, she just finished the repayment today as I'm typing I told her to take another loan, if u see the look the rest is history. Planning to pen my resignation by month end n I ll come ere to modify after my resignation.
I've done all sort of husling u could think of in this life, be it a bus conductor or washing of Dead body in the morgue but This system is not just working,
I planned migrating legally to Canada, USA or Germany
For my PhD maybe
I need a working system

God bless Nigeria and every other places

1 Like

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Ugosample(m): 2:39pm On Jun 06, 2018
sahm4u2nv:

You have said it all, I'm 28 and a DSA with one of the reputable bank here in Nigeria, I am MSc in view, my take home is 34k/month( u can imagine).
All you said is nothing but true, I just finished administering a customer who took 4 years loan, she just finished the repayment today as I'm typing I told her to take another loan, if u see the look the rest is history. Planning to pen my resignation by month end n I ll come ere to modify after my resignation.
I've done all sort of husling u could think of in this life, be it a bus conductor or washing of Dead body in the morgue but This system is not just working,
For my PhD maybe
I need a working system

All the best to you

1 Like

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by MackyNaija(m): 2:55pm On Jun 06, 2018
sahm4u2nv:

This system is not just working,
For my PhD maybe
I need a working system

Please make the move to any country that has a working system and welcome in advance...

A fully funded PhD program is a very viable route.

The Developed world awaits you. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Ugosample(m): 3:04pm On Jun 06, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LacD_JOI04

I like this video

Akon was so right, and we are all guilty of it in one way or the other
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by sahm4u2nv(m): 3:15pm On Jun 06, 2018
MackyNaija:

Please make the move to any country that has a working system and welcome in advance...

A fully funded PhD program is a very viable route.

The Developed world awaits you. smiley
Amen
Thanks, I wish u well too bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (38) (Reply)

Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) / Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri / Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.