Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,741 members, 7,813,431 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. (92753 Views)

Memoirs From Chile / Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 28, 2018
akashi01:
In other countries I hear about the 1% ruining it. In Nigeria 96% are ruining it. Only 4% are sane and the number is reducing daily.

Nigeria is an IQ Reduction Center.

The more you stay in Nigeria the more your mental capacity reduces due to harsh conditions, but hey, some people here still love it so what's my business. cool grin

PS: Stay if you want to, stop spreading bitterness or lame attempts at sarcasm cause you're used to sufferness and have lost your sanity in the process. cheesy cheesy
It seems you are really bittered about Nigeria oh! Nobody is tying you down.
Tomorrow I may not be in Nigeria but the last thing I will do is to denigrate it.
This country is looking gloomy especially when we look at Buhari's performance.

Too many low IQ people especially from a section of the country and the solution looks too far fetched.
Population explosion in the midst of poverty, lack of access to credit, insecurity, infrastructural problems, lack of salary payment.

I am in Kogi now and they were last paid February salary. Imagine the anguish and agony. Some have not even collected February salaries.
Funnily, there are still people supporting this here.
The problems are still with bad leaders and bad followers.

In the midst of all this, some people are still making millions. Someone diverted from real estate onto farming a 300 hectare cassava plot. Imagine the millions from it if he finishes with the project. He is using fulani herds men as his farm guards.

3 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by theamerican(f): 6:21pm On May 28, 2018
WUdec:

Out of curiosity, lets dive deeper. We are learning here so don't take nothing to heart

1)How many yrs have you worked and how many yrs left until you retire?
2)How many figures are you set to make when you retire and I mean tax-free?
3) How much can you say you could save up in 10yrs and be debt-free?
4) How much do you have left on your student loan?
5) How many years would it take finish the mortgage?
6) How easy would it be for you to set up a business and how much would it cost you? I'm talking architectural layout, registration, taxes etc. The whole lot
7) How much would be your tax return as an Entrepreneur, annually?
cool How much do you think Nigerians contribute to the US i.e. education-wise annually and how much do they get in return
9) would you raise kids in a school were they are taught that kissing another man is normal or that gay people are just naturally born dat way; or would you prefer to have options where you can decide where they study and how they study in any place of the world?
10) Lastly, how often can you take trips in a year. And what limits you from doing so at times?

Lets start with these 10

I asked if you had first hand experience about how the U.S system works, you didn't answer. Your follow-up post has made me more interested in knowing your answer to that question. Please, not what "someone you know over there" said or what you have read online, I mean first hand experience.

Your questions are in my opinion, misplaced priorities. First of all, "how long do you have till you retire?", there's no set age in stone for anyone to retire. It all depends on where you find yourself and your plans for life. You can retire at 40, 45, 65 or 70. Who knows?

I have no student loans or mortgage. These things aren't mandatory. People get scholarships, graduate assistantships... there are affordable community colleges/colleges to start from, get working experience, save up then go back to school for whatever you want in life. Student loans and mortgages are choices people make. Nobody is forced to commit to them. Countless people buy houses through mortgage and have their tenants pay the whole mortgage over time. There are career paths that do not need college degrees. Look them up, please.

Depends on what kind of business you want to set up. I hope you're not talking about selling sachet water, recharge cards, "canteen", or some of the low end "business" in Nigeria. Everybody is not going to be a business brain. If you wanna be an entrepreneur, you have to follow rules, regulations and do it the proper way.

Regarding trips, all my weekends are free. I can always go wherever for a weekend if I can afford it. Don't get me started on the homophobia. I'm not homophobic and question 9 shows 14th century mindset. I believe teaching kids they are free to do and can be absolutely whatever they want, and choose whatever they want (as long as it's legal) is the way to go in this age and time. If Lesbians can kiss, what's stopping two men from kissing? They're not bothering anyone.

Contrary to your belief, setting up a business is easy here. All you need is a proper plan, very good research and a proposal. You have access to loans and information and what you see is what you get.

Question 7: the U.S. owes no Nigerian student anything in return. The system was designed for students to come here, learn, and go back to Nigeria to continue living their lives. They ensure you get the quality education you paid for, that's the term of the visa/agreement. Despite this, people remain and carve out quality futures for themselves here. please open your mind.

I already told you we both see life differently so... I'll understand if my answers sound like crap to you. You make sense, people who see life like you will understand what you're saying and follow your line of thought. It's just not my style.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by akashi01(m): 6:22pm On May 28, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

It seems you are really bittered about Nigeria oh! Nobody is tying you down.
Tomorrow I may not be in Nigeria but the last thing I will do is to denigrate it.
This country is looking gloomy especially when we look at Buhari's performance.

Too many low IQ people especially from a section of the country and the solution looks too far fetched.
Population explosion in the midst of poverty, lack of access to credit, insecurity, infrastructural problems, lack of salary payment.

I am in Kogi now and they were last paid February salary. Imagine the anguish and agony. Some have not even collected February salaries.
Funnily, there are still people supporting this here.
The problems are still with bad leaders and bad followers.

I am not embittered. I just summarized what you just said now in that post.

Imagine no salary since February, how are the workers supposed to show up at work with their 100% effort? Tell me please.

Do you know stress and hunger reduces mental health/capacity?

Do you know that that same stress pushes one to commit crime?

Do you know that that same stress/hunger can make a person sacrifice his family??

Now tell me, has Nigeria not taken away the sanity of the people that are experiencing what I just listed.

Please tell me.

3 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by akashi01(m): 6:30pm On May 28, 2018
theamerican:

Question 7: the U.S. owes no Nigerian student anything in return. The system was designed for students to come here, learn, and go back to Nigeria to continue living their lives. They ensure you get the quality education you paid for, that's the term of the visa/agreement. Despite this, people remain and carve out quality futures for themselves here. please open your mind.

I already told you we both see life differently so... I'll understand if my answers sound like crap to you. You make sense, people who see life like you will understand what you're saying and follow your line of thought. It's just not my style.

Thank you for this. They believe once they pay school fees and study in the US then they are automatically entitled to get a job, house and car.

The deal is simple, get the education you paid for and go back to your country.

Nigerians and entitlement issues.. SMH

I think Justwise argued this with someone on this section a while back.

5 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by theamerican(f): 6:51pm On May 28, 2018
akashi01:

Thank you for this. They believe once they pay school fees and study in the US then they are automatically entitled to get a job, house and car.

The deal is simple, get the education you paid for and go back to your country.

Nigerians and entitlement issues.. SMH

I think Justwise argued this with someone on this section a while back.

I agree with this. Same way some people believe going to a private uni in Nigeria for 1.5m Naira annually means you must earn higher than 20k Naira a year federal uni graduates. The logic is baffling.

Sense of entitlement and wrong logic sometimes is the beginning of problems. May God help us all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nobody: 10:28pm On May 28, 2018
madridguy:
Interesting thread. Awaiting Airforce 1 to fly down to carry me to the US.

Cc: POTUS shocked

Que pasa hombre? ¿Como va?
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 28, 2018
theamerican:

I asked if you had first hand experience about how the U.S system works, you didn't answer. Your follow-up post has made me more interested in knowing your answer to that question. Please, not what "someone you know over there" said or what you have read online, I mean first hand experience.

Your questions are in my opinion, misplaced priorities. First of all, "how long do you have till you retire?", there's no set age in stone for anyone to retire. It all depends on where you find yourself and your plans for life. You can retire at 40, 45, 65 or 70. Who knows?

I have no student loans or mortgage. These things aren't mandatory. People get scholarships, graduate assistantships... there are affordable community colleges/colleges to start from, get working experience, save up then go back to school for whatever you want in life. Student loans and mortgages are choices people make. Nobody is forced to commit to them. Countless people buy houses through mortgage and have their tenants pay the whole mortgage over time. There are career paths that do not need college degrees. Look them up, please.

Depends on what kind of business you want to set up. I hope you're not talking about selling sachet water, recharge cards, "canteen", or some of the low end "business" in Nigeria. Everybody is not going to be a business brain. If you wanna be an entrepreneur, you have to follow rules, regulations and do it the proper way.

Regarding trips, all my weekends are free. I can always go wherever for a weekend if I can afford it. Don't get me started on the homophobia. I'm not homophobic and question 9 shows 14th century mindset. I believe teaching kids they are free to do and can be absolutely whatever they want, and choose whatever they want (as long as it's legal) is the way to go in this age and time. If Lesbians can kiss, what's stopping two men from kissing? They're not bothering anyone.

Contrary to your belief, setting up a business is easy here. All you need is a proper plan, very good research and a proposal. You have access to loans and information and what you see is what you get.

So explain exactly what you mean by misplaced priorities? Becos i'd like to know the things you reckon are your priorities in life.

You and I do speak from different angles of life. You sound like a whitewash, no pun intended. My opinion.

And you sound like you really don't have any responsibility meaning people you cater to besides your parents.

So my angle is more from the perspective of purpose. Not the one a white man tried to instill in my brain to accept the most awkward, bizarre and immoral bullsh** ways of life they make seem normal.

I have spent way more yrs than you have in the West, lived in more countries and seen to many damn cultures and believe me, I am glad i don't share your ideology

You my friend are a product of your environment. This is why America has no respect in Europe. Simply becos of how close-minded and stuck in one place a lot of y'all are. Let me not start with the "Dumb" stereotype cos u are clearly not dumb.

So i agree to disagree. Lets toast to that

3 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by akashi01(m): 11:59pm On May 28, 2018
WUdec:

So my angle is more from the perspective of purpose. Not the one a white man tried to instill in my brain to accept the most awkward, bizarre and immoral bullsh** ways of life they make seem normal.

Their way of life works for them sir. When did the white men try to instill their way of life into your brain?

Simply questions asked bro. grin
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by theamerican(f): 3:18am On May 29, 2018
WUdec:

So explain exactly what you mean by misplaced priorities? Becos i'd like to know the things you reckon are your priorities in life.

You and I do speak from different angles of life. You sound like a whitewash, no pun intended. My opinion.

And you sound like you really don't have any responsibility meaning people you cater to besides your parents.

I have spent way more yrs than you have in the West, lived in more countries and seen to many damn cultures and believe me, I am glad i don't share your ideology

You my friend are a product of your environment. This is why America has no respect in Europe. Simply becos of how close-minded and stuck in one place a lot of y'all are. Let me not start with the "Dumb" stereotype cos u are clearly not dumb.

So i agree to disagree. Lets toast to that

Ok smiley

6 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Ugosample(m): 10:16am On May 29, 2018
WUdec:

But we are on the Naija tip. We ain't talking bout indians and so on. Nigerians and Asians are the best students in the US but yet i don't see any Nigerians on the board of most companies or owning major companies in the Fortune 100. Get it?

the question you should then ask yourself is that why are Indians far ahead of Nigerians everywhere they go

My guess is....

to a significant degree , it's due to the mentality prevalent among the black community.

Growing up in Nigeria damages the mindset of the people....

You think it's not true? just to round and ask children under 9 what they think anoyr lynching thieves, or Yahoo boys, and the result will open your eyes

Nigeria don kast, and my children will be as far away from it as possible

3 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by rs172(m): 10:35am On May 29, 2018
Ugosample:

the question you should then ask yourself is that why are Indians far ahead of Nigerians everywhere they go

My guess is....

to a significant degree , it's due to the mentality prevalent among the black community.

You think it's not true? just to round and ask children under 9 what they think anoyr lynching thieves, or Yahoo boys, and the result will open your eyes

"Nigeria don kast, and my children will be as far away from it as possible"

Amen.. bro...

1 Like

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Dremca(m): 11:06am On May 29, 2018
Everybody go outside let's fumigate Nigeria !!
Ugosample:

My guess is....

Nigeria don kast, and my children will be as far away from it as possible
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Affordablerent: 11:12am On May 29, 2018
theamerican:

Nice response. On the issue of retirement age, you need to do more research, the US has retirement age check it for confirmation
On the issue of child up bringing you said your kids are free to do what they want to do? That's not responsible parenting. Also if you are Christian, you will know that homosexuality brings retribution to the entire nation so accepting it is dangerous.

On student loan, you relocated from Nigeria so if your parents are rich, you don't need to apply for loan therefore it will not affect you but many Americans rely on student loan to complete their education and they have to pay up ones they are through, this puts them in debt when they can't meet up

Concerning mortgage, you must pay a down payment first and this means your credit score should be good before you apply for mortgage. How many Americans have good credit scores? This is why they won't apply for mortgage on their own but chose to pay rent instead

Need a house in Lagos to rent? Contact me

1 Like

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by theamerican(f): 4:04pm On May 29, 2018
Affordablerent:

Nice response. On the issue of retirement age, you need to do more research, the US has retirement age check it for confirmation
On the issue of child up bringing you said your kids are free to do what they want to do? That's not responsible parenting. Also if you are Christian, you will know that homosexuality brings retribution to the entire nation so accepting it is dangerous.

On student loan, you relocated from Nigeria so if your parents are rich, you don't need to apply for loan therefore it will not affect you but many Americans rely on student loan to complete their education and they have to pay up ones they are through, this puts them in debt when they can't meet up

Concerning mortgage, you must pay a down payment first and this means your credit score should be good before you apply for mortgage. How many Americans have good credit scores? This is why they won't apply for mortgage on their own but chose to pay rent instead

Need a house in Lagos to rent? Contact me

This is why I always prefer to get answers from people who have first hand experience in the system they speak about. You won't hear me talking so much about Canada, Australia or Europe because I don't live there or know a lot about them. My statement still stands.

Depending on someone's life situation, you can retire anytime. The 60-something age of retirement is only about benefits. Not everyone cares about that. 70+ year olds work in pizza delivery and the likes, there are old senators like John McCain, who's working even at 80 years old.

Regarding parenting and religion, we have differing opinions and since it's a sensitive topic, I'll let you go with what works for you. Americans practice religion with freedom and wisdom. It's an entirely different society to Nigeria, religion-wise. The retribution to the nation theory doesn't fly in this country. You can hardly scare anyone here with sins and hell fire or punishment for tithes and the likes. They fear punishment from the authorities/government over the one from any god.

On loans and mortgages, I insist, they are optional. People talk like loans, taxes, debts and mortgages are the end of a person's life. They're not. Pay your debt and live your life. There are a million and one reasons for choosing not to be a homeowner like cost of Insurance, maintenance, commitment, etc. It's not always about mortgage. You can still buy a house with bad credit. Being a landlord in this country doesn't make you a demigod like in Nigeria. It's a matter of preference, really. A renter has the full rights to a home during the period of the lease and can even punish a landlord for defaulting. Personally, I'm not into buying a home for now to live in, buying a home for me now would be for business. Maybe later, that'd change.

The U.S. is a country of opportunities. Your life path depends most times on the decisions you make. If you live within your means and don't bother yourself with things outside your league, you'll be happy.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by rinzaugustine: 3:28am On Jun 01, 2018
theamerican:

This is why I always prefer to get answers from people who have first hand experience in the system they speak about. You won't hear me talking so much about Canada, Australia or Europe because I don't live there or know a lot about them. My statement still stands.

Depending on someone's life situation, you can retire anytime. The 60-something age of retirement is only about benefits. Not everyone cares about that. 70+ year olds work in pizza delivery and the likes, there are old senators like John McCain, who's working even at 80 years old.

Regarding parenting and religion, we have differing opinions and since it's a sensitive topic, I'll let you go with what works for you. Americans practice religion with freedom and wisdom. It's an entirely different society to Nigeria, religion-wise. The retribution to the nation theory doesn't fly in this country. You can hardly scare anyone here with sins and hell fire or punishment for tithes and the likes. They fear punishment from the authorities/government over the one from any god.

On loans and mortgages, I insist, they are optional. People talk like loans, taxes, debts and mortgages are the end of a person's life. They're not. Pay your debt and live your life. There are a million and one reasons for choosing not to be a homeowner like cost of Insurance, maintenance, commitment, etc. It's not always about mortgage. You can still buy a house with bad credit. Being a landlord in this country doesn't make you a demigod like in Nigeria. It's a matter of preference, really. A renter has the full rights to a home during the period of the lease and can even punish a landlord for defaulting. Personally, I'm not into buying a home for now to live in, buying a home for me now would be for business. Maybe later, that'd change.

The U.S. is a country of opportunities. Your life path depends most times on the decisions you make. If you live within your means and don't bother yourself with things outside your league, you'll be happy.
Exactly. Most of the people coming to argue here know nothing about America except what they read online mostly written by Americans. Americans are one of the most pampered people in the entire universe that a 62 year old American may not have experienced the stress and suffering a 21 year old Nigerian back home is currently experiencing.A country where people voted a cartoon characater to be president. Any immigrant that doesn't succeed within 5-10 years of coming here should have himself/herself squarely to blame

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by travelland(f): 8:11am On Jun 01, 2018
rinzaugustine:
Exactly. Most of the people coming to argue here know nothing about America except what they read online mostly written by Americans. Americans are one of the most pampered people in the entire universe that a 62 year old American may not have experienced the stress and suffering a 21 year old Nigerian back home is currently experiencing.A country where people voted a cartoon characater to be president. [Any immigrant that doesn't succeed within 5-10 years of coming here should have himself/herself squarely to blame

10 years is a very long time in someone's life. This is why sometimes it's better to only visit not relocate because to settle fully in a new country takes a very long time
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by akashi01(m): 9:36am On Jun 01, 2018
travelland:

10 years is a very long time in someone's life. This is why sometimes it's better to only visit not relocate because to settle fully in a new country takes a very long time
..to settle and succeed in Nigeria take how long please? sad angry

3 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by travelland(f): 9:49am On Jun 01, 2018
akashi01:

It depends on you. May I ask your age, qualifications or skill? What can you offer?
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Ugosample(m): 10:04am On Jun 01, 2018
akashi01:

please help me ask.

Though she has a point tho

for that very minority who "seem" to be doing well, it may not be a very good choice to start over, especially if you are middle aged

But hey, if you are a young person in your 20s you better leave before something such as marriage id kids tie you to this jungle.

1 Like

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by TheEnforcer: 11:27am On Jun 01, 2018
Ugosample:

please help me ask.

Though she has a point tho

for that very minority who "seem" to be doing well, it may not be a very good choice to start over, especially if you are middle aged

But hey, if you are a young person in your 20s you better leave before something such as marriage id kids tie you to this jungle.

Ugosample,I believe you are in the us,even a citizen?
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by TheEnforcer: 11:30am On Jun 01, 2018
theamerican:

Apt

1 Like

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by vulpeslopez(m): 2:58pm On Jun 01, 2018
9ja is messed up,last thing I want to hear is an American in america telling me aboard is not easy cos there is nothing as hard and depressing than being a Nigerian right now and if that cartoon character wins another 4yrs,we will just have recession Season 2

3 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Ugosample(m): 4:46pm On Jun 01, 2018
TheEnforcer:
Ugosample,I believe you are in the us,even a citizen?

I don't live in the USA

I am a nomad who stays in different places
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Benekruku(m): 4:56pm On Jun 01, 2018
If you earn above 700k in Nigeria, Just stay put where you are. Traveling out should be for leisure and "NEVER" think about relocation cos that amount and above makes more meaning in Nigeria than it would make in any part of the world.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by theamerican(f): 5:07pm On Jun 01, 2018
rinzaugustine:
Exactly. Most of the people coming to argue here know nothing about America except what they read online mostly written by Americans. Americans are one of the most pampered people in the entire universe that a 62 year old American may not have experienced the stress and suffering a 21 year old Nigerian back home is currently experiencing.A country where people voted a cartoon characater to be president. Any immigrant that doesn't succeed within 5-10 years of coming here should have himself/herself squarely to blame

This is what I have come to realize too. They have absolutely no clue how things are done here and I'm shocked at how far away they are from the truth. I will also agree with you that anyone who migrates here legally and does not succeed (reasonable definitions of success only) within 5-10 years should blame themselves.
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by akashi01(m): 5:50pm On Jun 01, 2018
Benekruku:
If you earn above 700k in Nigeria, Just stay put where you are. Traveling out should be for leisure and "NEVER" think about relocation cos that amount and above makes more meaning in Nigeria than it would make in any part of the world.

How many people earn 700K monthly in Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by aariwa(m): 6:51pm On Jun 01, 2018
travelland:

Traveling to America is mostly for people who things are not working well in their lives or those that do not see the boundless opportunities in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by AngelicBeing: 7:08pm On Jun 01, 2018
Ugosample:

I don't live in the USA

I am a nomad who stays in different places

Lol at been a nomad, Una go kill person with laugh for Nairaland.com grin

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Ugosample(m): 7:12pm On Jun 01, 2018
AngelicBeing:
Lol at been a nomad, Una go kill person with laugh for Nairaland.com grin

grin grin

Na wetin I be na

1 Like

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by DisturbingEU(m): 7:13pm On Jun 01, 2018
Thank you Berliner1.. it reminds of my old friend that travelled to France few years ago, applied for Asylum but they denied him and i was asking him how Europe, lol this guy started sayinf trash that he wouldn't advise me to come bla bla. You won't believe he stayed up to 1yr he was kicked back to Lagos,Nigeria. smiley

I just got to Germany late last year its roughly 6months now and i must i am enjoying myself and all he said is totally different from what i have seen so far.. why cuz i am staying here legally. wink

Berliner1:
I always tell people, come here legally and u will regret staying in Nigeria.

I will rather say God bless Germany than mentioning Nigeria.

Going on europe tour as if you are going to Ikeja.

Access to free education, plenty student job( averagely €1500=650k per month after tax), many easy way to become a german citizen,free semester ticket( you can travel a whole state 247 without paying kobo.

From nursery school to PhD education in Germany is 100% free for everyone.

Plenty free loan if u want oo....atleast u can get a credit card upto 6k euro=2.5m naira without collateral even as a student, if you are working full time here, plenty loan u can access at a very very low rate from mortgage to car of any brand.

Please where can one get this in Nigeria?

Who ever tell you to stay back in Nigeria is your village member holding u back.

Theres no comparism between heaven and hell fire.

God bless Germany.

Going on world tour in December, any europe based dude interest in co ride can holla.

Greetings from the Capital of Europe(Berlin)

2 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by AngelicBeing: 7:14pm On Jun 01, 2018
Ugosample:

grin grin

Na wetin I be na
tongue

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by industrialchemi: 7:15pm On Jun 01, 2018
Benekruku:

I rather go where I will be save than staying back in Nigeria. To use because of 700k and stay back in Nigeria make Fulani herdsmen kill me abi?...chai

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (38) (Reply)

Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics / Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) / Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.