Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,162 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Bad Girls Become The Brides While Good Girls Like Us Become Their Maid Of Honor - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Bad Girls Become The Brides While Good Girls Like Us Become Their Maid Of Honor (1704 Views)

How Girls Become Lesbians / Why Have Most Girls Become Beggars? / Man Explains Why "Bad Girls" Get Married Faster While "Good Girls" Don't (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bad Girls Become The Brides While Good Girls Like Us Become Their Maid Of Honor by LoreDnz: 2:37am On Apr 21, 2018
I woke up one morning, went through my clothing and realized I had all the colors of the rainbow in there. The pink and white dress was for Adwoa’s wedding, I remember. I remember also that I wore the turquoise and white gown to Suzy’s wedding immediately after school. The royal blue and white dress was what I wore for Mansa’s wedding recently. I was the bride’s maid for all of these weddings and twice I was the one who caught the bouquet. If the tradition was true, I should have been the next to marry but here I am, still single.

Growing up, my parent thought me three basic things;

a) Keep your virginity for your future husband. Men respect women who are chaste.

b) A woman has to cover up. There’s no need showing your body to the world. Your body is for only your husband

c) The way to man’s heart is through his stomach. Get good in the kitchen or else, your beauty will lead you to marriage but your bad kitchen skills will bring you back home.

These three lessons stuck with me like glue and my parent ensured I lived every day following these lessons. I didn’t have a male friend when I was young. It didn’t feel right to have one. I thought it would be easier to fall into temptation if I kept a male friend. Even in church, my relationship with guys ended after church service. Guys who for a reason or two ended up in my house looking for me had my parent to contend with. That was the case until I became a boarder in Senior High School.

In high school, I met Asantewaa and she became my best friend until we completed school. Asantewaa was everything that I was not. Though she was a member of the Scripture Union(S.U) in school, nothing stopped her from doing things you wouldn’t expect from a member of the S.U. She had a boyfriend in school and by the time we were in our final year, Asantewaa had broken all the rules in the school. She would leave campus without exeat, visit a boyfriend and sometimes spend some days. She would come back to school and tell me everything she did while away.

I loved her spirit of adventure but I couldn’t do it too because I had a promise to keep. A promise that was supposed to ensure a better future for me. She wouldn’t take my advice and saw no need for chastity when in her own words “sex opens a lady’s eyes to the world.” We were able to maintain our friendship because, upon all her wild life, we had one thing that kept us together; prayers. She never skipped S.U prayer meetings and she never skipped church services.

After senior high school, we both had admissions to different universities and gradually lost touch.

I shared a room with Suzy at the University and we became friends immediately. She was a passionate reader and a movie addict. She didn’t go out a lot since she always had something to watch on her laptop. Her boyfriend, Louis, came around very often and I became friends with Louis too because of his easy-going nature. Suzy didn’t judge my way of life though she always insisted I should lose up. She respected my choices and encouraged me through thick and thin. One afternoon, during our usual conversations she said; “I understand your decision of staying chaste and keeping it for your husband but how would you have a husband if you don’t get a boyfriend?” she continued, “Husbands don’t just happen. Boyfriends become husbands.”

She was right. Whoever becomes my husband would be my boyfriend first. I started opening up to the idea of dating. But the rule was simple; we would be just friends at first and when we were sure of each other, we would then decide to marry but no intimacy before marriage. I spelled the rules out to whoever came my way. At first, they seemed to have understood it but as times went on, they changed and begun asking for the very thing we decided to avoid until marriage.

Most of my relationships didn’t work out. From the second year on campus to the final year, I dated three guys and the longest time I remained in a relationship was seven months. I didn’t know what wasn’t working for me. Apart from not providing an opportunity for intimacy, I thought I was doing fine with them. But somehow, they all left without giving me any reasons. They started by not calling and then not receiving my calls and later stopped seeing me. I wasn’t bothered so much because I knew what I wanted. I knew my upbringing and I knew it was the only right way to make my future man happy.

Suzy got married to her school boyfriend some few months after graduation. I was the bridesmaid and I couldn’t be anything but happy for them. I remember recounting the stories of their relationship in my head during the wedding ceremony; their little fights and some moments when they were not talking to each other. I remembered how I had to stay out some nights because they needed the room to do their own thing and how one night they did it while I was sleeping right in... Continue reading...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bad Girls Become The Brides While Good Girls Like Us Become Their Maid Of Honor by OgahBohz: 3:03am On Apr 21, 2018
true life stories don't take too long too narrate like this ...
Re: Bad Girls Become The Brides While Good Girls Like Us Become Their Maid Of Honor by Papertrail11(m): 3:27am On Apr 21, 2018
naahhh good giels are failing cos they are not approachable

talk to a fine naija good looking girl

Guy: pretty lady whats up?

Girl: In certain situations you will notice the girl increase her walking pace

Squeeze her face or give you the i dont wanna talk to you
treatment

Guy: Hello fine girl

Badd girl/Omo beta: Hey how are you whats up................

The reason why the so called bad girls are winning is cos they are more socialble dont squeeze their face unecessarily and are more approachable

while the so called good girl keep squeezing her face like she has mood swings

4 Likes

Re: Bad Girls Become The Brides While Good Girls Like Us Become Their Maid Of Honor by myself13: 5:48am On Apr 21, 2018
Being saucy, silly, too self-reliant and self-centered doesn't makes you a good girl.Sadly, a lot of understood good girls possess these unlikeable characters.

There is an obvious gulf that separates a sensible ladylike good girl from a piously proud good girl.Do not intermix the two. It will be unfair and you will be doing a Lotta injustice to "real good girls" who knows their onions behaving as factoryfitted potential wives, who knows what it takes to capture men's attention steadily without seeming desperate all the while. These kind of good girls get wifed without ado, save for situations of unfavored happenstance which includes unintentional neglect or karmic consequence on the part of men.
Maids are home breakers and a perpetual temptation to indisciplined husbands/men.
Trendy good girls still become brides.
Re: Bad Girls Become The Brides While Good Girls Like Us Become Their Maid Of Honor by THUNDAR(m): 6:43am On Apr 21, 2018
Suzy wasn’t a good girl but then who’s a good girl? From how I was brought up, a good girl should be able to abstain from sex until marriage. A good girl should dress to cover the vital areas of womanhood. A good girl shouldn’t be found in places where immoral men hang out. The only place for a good girl is in church and also should make the kitchen her best friend. If these are the truth, then Suzy wasn’t a good girl but there she was, getting married to the man of her dreams.
I know Mansa from childhood because we both grew up from the same church and was even in Sunday school together. We became part of the various societies in the church as we age. Mansa wasn’t the typical church girl you would be proud of. She was the girl every mother warned their daughter about. I remember one day when an elder of the church was advising me to distance myself from Mansa, the exact words he used was “Don’t you think Mansa is too hot a girl for you to hang around with?”
Mansa found a husband and again, I was the bridesmaid of the wedding. ‘Too hot” found her a husband in the same church. Maybe men want it too hot, who knows, I thought to myself. Recently, I came across wedding anniversary photos of Asantewaa. You remember her? yeah, my high school mate who believed sex opened a lady’s eyes to the world. Asantewaa had been married and celebrating their anniversary with her husband and kid in photos spread on her Facebook page. She too found a man who didn’t care about the fact that she wasn’t a virgin. Someone married her, regardless.
These stories of my ‘bad’ friends getting married while ‘good’ me is still single made me think differently about the whole concept of who or what a good woman is. My parent had the best intentions but the motivation of their intentions was wrong. They thought of creating the kind of woman a man would want to live with instead of molding me into the kind of woman I would grow up to be proud of. What is it about a man that a woman has to be molded for? Maybe, women should be raised for themselves and not for a man because what a man wants can’t be predicted. A man will always want what he wants and his choice of a woman follows no trend.
I have no regrets. I’m happy for those I’m happy for. Maybe my situation of not having a man in my life at the age of 35 has nothing to do with my decision to remain chaste until marriage. Like my pastor mostly tells me “The one God has prepared for you would wait till you get married before intimacy.” I’m believing that and I pray I remain stronger until the end. But from what I have seen, I believe being a ‘good’ girl has little or nothing to do with it when it comes to who a man chooses to marry. Most like it hot. The hot ones are the ones we mostly call bad.

1 Like

Re: Bad Girls Become The Brides While Good Girls Like Us Become Their Maid Of Honor by Mecka: 12:58am On Nov 17, 2020
Papertrail11:
naahhh good giels are failing cos they are not approachable

talk to a fine naija good looking girl

Guy: pretty lady whats up?

Girl: In certain situations you will notice the girl increase her walking pace

Squeeze her face or give you the i dont wanna talk to you
treatment

Guy: Hello fine girl

Badd girl/Omo beta: Hey how are you whats up................

The reason why the so called bad girls are winning is cos they are more socialble dont squeeze their face unecessarily and are more approachable
oh D;while the so called good girl keepD;TM squeez[/quote]oh ing her face like she has mood swings);
Re: Bad Girls Become The Brides While Good Girls Like Us Become Their Maid Of Honor by butterfly777(m): 1:36am On Nov 17, 2020
In your dreams

Your reverse psychology can only work for low self esteem people.

Decent ladies still get the husbands any day. Bad girls can remain the side babes for as long as the guy is not yet tired if their public pussies.
Re: Bad Girls Become The Brides While Good Girls Like Us Become Their Maid Of Honor by Nobody: 2:37am On Nov 17, 2020
go out and mingle
be sociable
enlist in a gym or join a reading group and u would meet a man of ur choice and get married
the reason the girls u tag as bad girls are getting married is because they are sociable and friendly
when u lock urself inside ur room and hardly go out and the few times u are out there is always a frown on ur face which man would want to ask u out
if u cant go out cos u have an indoor job then link on a social media outlet and snap nice pics and upload them regularly.before u know it men will slide into ur dms.
Its that easy

2 Likes

Re: Bad Girls Become The Brides While Good Girls Like Us Become Their Maid Of Honor by zexy2030(m): 5:34am On Nov 17, 2020
Being open minded about meeting people is what makes them married. They have sex with those who they can read maturity in them. Then reading erotic books has helped many.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Signs That Show You Are Still Not A Mature Person / Slay Mamas Are Causing Commotion Here In A Party As They Shakes Their Bum-bum / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.