Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Is Abortion A Sin? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Abortion A Sin? (9986 Views)

Is Abortion Advisable? / Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? / Is Abortion Morally Permissible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by Respect55(m): 10:24pm On Apr 22, 2018
veekid:
Religion na scam

Abortion is not a sin; where in the Bible was it quoted?

If abortion is a sin, plastic surgery should also be.
Children of doom
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by Nobody: 12:06am On Apr 23, 2018
CriticMaestro:
Premise #1: It is wrong to murder a person.
Premise #2: The unborn is a person.
Conclusion: Therefore, it is wrong to murder the unborn.

. Exodus 21:22-23 states, “If men struggle with each other and strike a woman with child so that she gives birth prematurely, yet there is no injury, he shall surely be fined as the woman's husband may demand of him, and he shall pay as the judges decide. But if there is any further injury, then you shall appoint as a penalty life for life . . . " This strongly indicates that the Mosaic Law viewed the unborn as persons worthy of the same protection and rights as adults.

After this long story, U will still do abortion or pay for ur for ur girlfriends abortion.
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by Saverin: 6:38am On Apr 23, 2018
sinaj:

Are u mentally fit too? Lol

wink with you in my life, my mental health will be 100% always wink
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by Nobody: 7:08am On Apr 23, 2018
A lot of Christians and Muslims will say that abortion is wrong,I understand that but let's put religion aside.
For me in a perfect world,abortion would not exist,that is to say that I am not a fan of abortion but then there are certain circumstances where I think it should be done. If a woman is raped and probably because of the trauma she doesn't go to the hospital until when she becomes pregnant, she can choose to terminate the foetus for obvious reasons.
If a mentally unstable person or a prisoner gets pregnant, I would also consider abortion as an option in those situations,however when it comes to girls who get unwanted pregnancies because of carelessness, I wouldn't feel sorry if the law mandates that they do not abort, although I feel it is their right to choose if a foetus of a few weeks stays in their body or not.
For those saying that life begins at conception I very well agree,but the life of a 5 or 6 week foetus is not as valuable as a grown humans life. If you see a foetus under 12 weeks you won't be able to distinguish it from that of other animals so you can't call that a human being
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by CriticMaestro: 7:55am On Apr 23, 2018
PrecisionFx:

After this long story, U will still do abortion or pay for ur for ur girlfriends abortion.
I am beyond that
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 23, 2018
Christie06:
Yes. Abortion is a sin. But medically, there's something called Therapeutic Abortion and it's done to avoid the risk of substantial harm to the mother or in cases of fetal unviability....in such situation, I won't consider Abortion a sin.

Nice one dear
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by Antichristus: 6:17pm On Apr 23, 2018
CriticMaestro:

Are u saying that someone that is completely mad or is suffering from total amnesia is not worthy to be considered a human being?
Secondly can a one day old baby think ?

Within the parameters of 21st century medical advances, there is no such thing as someone who is 'completely mad' - not when they're put on medication regime(s). In milieu where there is no adequate medical care, such a person would still be capable of acting, albeit on the basis of irrational thought. Evidently, they're still in possession of thoughts (even if irrational) and actions. Therefore, they are, together with those suffering from total amnesia, still humans but not persons. I use these terms as construed in analytic and legal philosophy (Read it up; we're now living in a communication age).

Day old babies have thoughts (brains working perfectly hence they cry [i.e. act] when hungry or when in discomfort because that's the only way they can communicate.
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by wisdomdc: 8:28pm On Apr 23, 2018
Why are you asking that question , don't you know that murder is a sin how can you kill somebody and be asking if it is a sin, then what do you want Book Haram , Fulani Herdsmen, armed robbers etc to say? Hana may God have mercy on you!
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by CriticMaestro: 9:56pm On Apr 23, 2018
Antichristus:

Within the parameters of 21st century medical advances, there is no such thing as someone who is 'completely mad' - not when they're put on medication regime(s). In milieu where there is no adequate medical care, such a person would still be capable of acting, albeit on the basis of irrational thought. Evidently, they're still in possession of thoughts (even if irrational) and actions. Therefore, they are, together with those suffering from total amnesia, still humans but not persons. I use these terms as construed in analytic and legal philosophy (Read it up; we're now living in a communication age).

Day old babies have thoughts (brains working perfectly hence they cry [i.e. act] when hungry or when in discomfort because that's the only way they can communicate.
What can you say about kicking babies ....some react to a familiar voice or touch then the tend to kick Inside...is that not sign enough?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Want To Marry, How Do I Know God's Will? / Blood Oath Repercussions??? / Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.