Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Is Abortion A Sin? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Abortion A Sin? (9988 Views)

Is Abortion Advisable? / Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? / Is Abortion Morally Permissible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by Sagemmah(m): 2:23pm On Apr 22, 2018
Abortion is undoubtedly a sin.
Not to talk about or quote any bible passage, It is written in Biology textbooks that; "The best method or way to prevent unwanted pregnancy was (and is still is) ABSTINENCE"
Abstinence simply means; not doing it at all.
So, if you do not abstain from sex,. That simply implies that you are an up and coming mother.
Abortion is simply murder, anyone who commits murder is guilty of death also.
Lastly, abortion is a sin and the wages of sin is death.
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by CriticMaestro: 2:37pm On Apr 22, 2018
Antichristus:

Your response presented in syllogistic fashion lured me to respond, giving its apparent rather not real logic which I intend to interrogate. However, the reference to a text which derives from Ancient Mesopotamian Folklore is intriguing because on all accounts you're alluding to an unverifiable truth-claim. That said, the philosophical understanding of personhood is contingent on two things: 'thought' and 'action'. This implies that a person lost their personhood if they're incapable of: (a) thinking; and (b) acting. On this account, abortion, like euthanasia is morally permissible. To this end, my counterargument, syllogistically presented, goes thus:

Premise #1: Personhood is contingent on 'thought' and 'action';
Premise #2: A feotus is incapable of thinking and acting;
Premise #3: A feotus, lacking the ability and the capacity to think and act is not yet a person.
Conclusion: Therefore, it is morally permissible to terminate a feotus.

Further to the above, there are other circumstantial cases which makes abortion morally permissible. These include: serious feotal abnormality or deformity; pregnancy resulting from incest and/or rape; and, where the woman risks losing her life due to the pregnancy.

Are u saying that someone that is completely mad or is suffering from total amnesia is not worthy to be considered a human being?
Secondly can a one day old baby think ?
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by steveDpro: 2:38pm On Apr 22, 2018
Yeah it is
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by kmaster007: 2:47pm On Apr 22, 2018
African magic
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by Octaves(m): 2:55pm On Apr 22, 2018
mmsen:
The real question should be - why are religious groups so preoccupied with increasing the human population and human suffering?

Is it because they know that is the bedrock upon which religious devotion exists?
Go and present your self to ritualists so that they will kill you and help us reduce the world population

1 Like

Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by justtoodark: 3:40pm On Apr 22, 2018
technicaly yes.... undecided

but bakterias are living things too....and they live in your body....

i dont even understand what sin is......... undecided

its relative....

is it a sin to eat meat...??

you are technicaly commiten murder by eating meat.... undecided
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by madri4u: 3:56pm On Apr 22, 2018
Useless guys when like to pour inside toto, but dem nor go fit takia of the child. But to pour inside toto dey sweet sha oo, bt is bad when u later deny d pregnancy and subject d girl to abortion. I still blame girls too dat allow a guy to pour inside dem. Can't resist and tell dose useless guy to use condom? I think girls too like d way guys dey pour inside dem, b like say he dey mie mie dem.lol
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by darlenese(f): 3:56pm On Apr 22, 2018
mumu kweshun
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by CSTR1003: 4:09pm On Apr 22, 2018
For a non -christian, abortion is a matter of debate.

But for Christians, Who went to church today to lift up their so -called holy hands, I honestly don't see the debate here.

The bible is clear.

How can any who takes the bible as its supreme guide argue about the morality of abortion? Especially after reading the below.

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

Jeremiah 1:15.
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by kabillion(m): 4:11pm On Apr 22, 2018
How can yhou be asking this kinda question.
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by Revolva(m): 4:23pm On Apr 22, 2018
this question na de make females de shiver
guilty conscience de worry all of dem
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by Revolva(m): 4:23pm On Apr 22, 2018
this question na de make females de shiver
guilty conscience de worry all of dem
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by BlackManta(m): 4:27pm On Apr 22, 2018
HomeOfMe:
Why should you allow an unwanted pregnancy to happen in the first place. It's a sin against your body. If you're not ready to get pregnant,abstain or use protection and don't be stup1d by making such a mistake.

not every unwanted pregnancy is a result of carelessness.

What about rape victims
Have you considered them
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by Saverin: 4:36pm On Apr 22, 2018
Biglittlelois:
It is a sin, i'm surprised we still have gals still aborting, there is male and female condom, and if the useless guy dont want to use protection and want to pour in, use postinor immediately, but in all abstinence is the best.

Wetin dem (useless boys) dey pour? grin

1 Like

Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by Saverin: 4:39pm On Apr 22, 2018
sinaj:
Bringing a child you cant train into this world is worst than abortion

fine girl. come let's bring a child into this world. I am physical and financially fit grin
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by banchuz: 5:09pm On Apr 22, 2018
God knows best
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by banchuz: 5:11pm On Apr 22, 2018
madri4u:
Useless guys when like to pour inside toto, but dem nor go fit takia of the child. But to pour inside toto dey sweet sha oo, bt is bad when u later deny d pregnancy and subject d girl to abortion. I still blame girls too dat allow a guy to pour inside dem. Can't resist and tell dose useless guy to use condom? I think girls too like d way guys dey pour inside dem, b like say he dey mie mie dem.lol

Bad mind
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by greenprince(m): 5:41pm On Apr 22, 2018
[quote author=Christie06 post=66928823]Yes. Abortion is a sin. But medically, there's something called Therapeutic Abortion and it's done to avoid the risk of substantial harm to the mother or in cases of fetal unviability....in such situation, I won't consider Abortion a sin.

perfect response

1 Like

Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by CanadianEnginee(m): 6:16pm On Apr 22, 2018
donnaD:
big sin to God and unto man.since u can't create a human being who are u to kill.it's murder.

Then a lot of naija babes are murderers.
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by Halo22: 6:23pm On Apr 22, 2018
sulasa07:
Sin of the greatest order coz u murdered a soul,but in some cases(medical issues),when it has to b done to done to save d mother,its not a sin.
Dont offer solution to what you are not sure of.
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by Gerrard59(m): 6:40pm On Apr 22, 2018
Biglittlelois:
It is a sin, i'm surprised we still have gals still aborting, there is male and female condom, and if the useless guy dont want to use protection and want to pour in, use postinor immediately, but in all abstinence is the best.

So what about when an expectant mother's life is at risk from the pregnancy? Or the lady was raped? Or when she's mentally unstable?

Abortion is multifaceted and so are the solutions.

@Post, No.
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by donnaD(f): 7:23pm On Apr 22, 2018
CanadianEnginee:

Then a lot of naija babes are murderers.
emphatically YES
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by sinaj(f): 7:31pm On Apr 22, 2018
Saverin:

fine girl. come let's bring a child into this world. I am physical and financially fit grin
Are u mentally fit too? Lol
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by majatech(m): 7:33pm On Apr 22, 2018
I once aborted for my girl friend and also her friend twice,although am not responsible,long later I was reading about father tansi's book that I saw in friend's house when I slept off whilst reading, I saw my self and others lining up for judgement with our dossier containing our earthly deeds,I was shown grace and I woke up,what baffles me most is that those abortions outweighed any other sins,it was written in capital letters, so pple,abortion is second or third most gravely sin one can commit, hell fire is the gift.
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by MunorAnne(f): 8:23pm On Apr 22, 2018
FreshBoss007:
for sure
if the sex had consent from parties them they should be ready for the consequences...
the only twisted situation is in cases of rape and related conditions... of that I can't say

but its never right to take a child's life whether filly formed or not.. that's why contraceptives(condoms and pre-abortion pills) are sinful too
Ehn, oga U mean am? Contraceptives too?
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 22, 2018
[quote author=greenprince post=66934959][/quote]Thank you.
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by goodnews777: 8:41pm On Apr 22, 2018
you dey craze? why would murder not be a sin?
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by Kennedyiheme: 9:49pm On Apr 22, 2018
Authoreety:
Honestly, im not in support of abortion, bt owing to divers circumstances,....

I dont kno d correct answer
brilliant talk .. but nigerians will only look at things with christianity the slave masters religion

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Blood Oath Repercussions??? / Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money / “FOR MY SAKE” By Opeyemi Akintunde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.