Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,313 members, 7,815,568 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Is Abortion A Sin? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Abortion A Sin? (9990 Views)

Is Abortion Advisable? / Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? / Is Abortion Morally Permissible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by Ihebu4chelsea(m): 1:28pm On Apr 22, 2018
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by sinaj(f): 1:28pm On Apr 22, 2018
Bringing a child you cant train into this world is worst than abortion

2 Likes

Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by Jeezuzpick(m): 1:28pm On Apr 22, 2018
veekid:
Religion na scam

Abortion is not a sin; where in the Bible was it quoted?

If abortion is a sin, plastic surgery should also be.

Hmmmmmm.....

Just wondering if I would be reading this post if you had been aborted.....
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by micflo28(m): 1:30pm On Apr 22, 2018
Abortion is definitely a sin. Once the foetus gets a beating heart, He is now a human.
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by Julivas(m): 1:30pm On Apr 22, 2018
It is a sin. Thou shall not kill.
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by scholes23(m): 1:31pm On Apr 22, 2018
eDeity:
No it's a burnt offering to the goss
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by ifyain: 1:32pm On Apr 22, 2018
Abortion is a sin if it is done after twelve weeks that is the law.
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by veekid(m): 1:33pm On Apr 22, 2018
Jeezuzpick:

Hmmmmmm.....

Just wondering if I would be reading this post if you had been aborted.....
and I won't be reading this nonsense on my mentions if he had used a condom that day
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by Randy100: 1:36pm On Apr 22, 2018
Biglittlelois:
It is a sin, i'm surprised we still have gals still aborting, there is male and female condom, and if the useless guy dont want to use protection and want to pour in, use postinor immediately, but in all abstinence is the best.
massaging ur stupid ego by insulting guys.
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by visijo(m): 1:38pm On Apr 22, 2018
Please how much do they charge for abortion ?
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by reachbenny(m): 1:39pm On Apr 22, 2018
It's a terribly horrible sin.

Sin is a chain reaction. It was immortality, (fornication, adultery) that leads to saying a pregnancy is unwanted.

For married people who contemplate abortion, family planning is the best option.

We must be very careful not to build our lives on Trends but Principles.
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by Jeezuzpick(m): 1:39pm On Apr 22, 2018
veekid:
and I won't be reading this nonsense on my mentions if he had used a condom that day

Weren't you making a case for abortion?

I'm against abortion, so this is about you, not me.

Why should you feel insulted? If you had been aborted, you simply wouldn't exist, right?

That shouldn't be too bad......
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by Biglittlelois(f): 1:39pm On Apr 22, 2018
Randy100:
massaging ur stupid ego by insulting guys.

Where did i mention "guys"? obviously you have comprehension issues if you dont understand that simple write up.
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by veekid(m): 1:42pm On Apr 22, 2018
Jeezuzpick:

Weren't you making a case for abortion?

Why should you feel insulted? If you had been aborted, you simply wouldn't exist, right?

That shouldn't be too bad......
accepted; buh if your father used condom that night; there won't be this bullshits on my mention
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 22, 2018
Yes. Abortion is a sin. But medically, there's something called Therapeutic Abortion and it's done to avoid the risk of substantial harm to the mother or in cases of fetal unviability....in such situation, I won't consider Abortion a sin.
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by Randy100: 1:44pm On Apr 22, 2018
Biglittlelois:

Where did i mention "guys"? obviously you have comprehension issues if you dont understand that simple write up.
"If the useless guy" that was ur statement. I think you don't understand what you wrote there.
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by MistadeRegal(m): 1:45pm On Apr 22, 2018
I've read good comments on this thread. But some have turn to make it derailed. It won't be possible.

1 Like

Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by omojeesu(m): 1:45pm On Apr 22, 2018
Abortion = Murder of the innocent = sin.

Human life starts from the womb at conception.

The foetus is not part of the woman's body so she has no right to kill it.

Except for the reasons in the above thread.
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by Omuneizzy6(m): 1:48pm On Apr 22, 2018
great sin of course.... Just like asking is killing a sin?
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by kokomilala(m): 1:49pm On Apr 22, 2018
No, it's not a sin. It's murder, succinctly done with a sense of justification. What a question!
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by Ejiod(m): 1:49pm On Apr 22, 2018
All those saying abortion is a sin are those that carry religion on their head. Abortion has a dual view both religious and social view. If Nigeria had population of about 80-90million will u see anyone complaining? Some married folks Dont even know they abort babies indirectly. To me everything boils down to conscience. My question still lingers, if you are not ready to father a child why would you misuse ur joystick ( flesh-flesh). At least u quite know much about contraceptives. To me raising a child in Nigeria when u are not financially buoyant is pure wickedness.
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by Jeezuzpick(m): 1:49pm On Apr 22, 2018
veekid:
accepted; buh if your father used condom that night; there won't be this bullshits on my mention

C'mon, man.........dont make it personal nau....

Why would you support abortion if you are annoyed by my comment about you being aborted? Mmmmmmm?

It's the matter we're discussing, I'm not trying to insult you, eh?

The baby being aborted right now had a chance to grow up to be a Nairalander, just like you!

Now he's been ripped out and killed dead.

How about that for a thought?

3 Likes

Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by Chiedu4Trump: 1:55pm On Apr 22, 2018
FreshBoss007:
for sure
if the sex had consent from parties them they should be ready for the consequences...
the only twisted situation is in cases of rape and related conditions... of that I can't say

but its never right to take a child's life whether filly formed or not.. that's why contraceptives(condoms and pre-abortion pills) are sinful too
Condom na preventive, how that one na sin?
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by HomeOfMe(f): 1:56pm On Apr 22, 2018
wakabobo:
Question from WAKABOBO.COM

Sunday greetings guys! This is a question on my mind and am very sure same is on every other young adults psy too.

i work part time in a hospital where i see young ladies take abortion as the best option for unwanted pregnancy. What caught my attention is the patronage, which increases monthly.

Is abortion the best option, maybe its no longer a sin?

Lets share our opinion

Why should you allow an unwanted pregnancy to happen in the first place. It's a sin against your body. If you're not ready to get pregnant,abstain or use protection and don't be stup1d by making such a mistake.
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 22, 2018
sulasa07:
Sin of the greatest order coz u murdered a soul,but in some cases(medical issues),when it has to b done to done to save d mother,its not a sin.

Nonsense.

Can something be a sin to one party and not be a sin to the other?

Another confused Christian
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by HomeOfMe(f): 1:58pm On Apr 22, 2018
wakabobo:
Question from WAKABOBO.COM

Sunday greetings guys! This is a question on my mind and am very sure same is on every other young adults psy too.

i work part time in a hospital where i see young ladies take abortion as the best option for unwanted pregnancy. What caught my attention is the patronage, which increases monthly.

Is abortion the best option, maybe its no longer a sin?

Lets share our opinion

The child has the right to live.
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by Antichristus: 2:02pm On Apr 22, 2018
CriticMaestro:
Premise #1: It is wrong to murder a person.
Premise #2: The unborn is a person.
Conclusion: Therefore, it is wrong to murder the unborn.

. Exodus 21:22-23 states, “If men struggle with each other and strike a woman with child so that she gives birth prematurely, yet there is no injury, he shall surely be fined as the woman's husband may demand of him, and he shall pay as the judges decide. But if there is any further injury, then you shall appoint as a penalty life for life . . . " This strongly indicates that the Mosaic Law viewed the unborn as persons worthy of the same protection and rights as adults.

Your response presented in syllogistic fashion lured me to respond, giving its apparent rather not real logic which I intend to interrogate. However, the reference to a text which derives from Ancient Mesopotamian Folklore is intriguing because on all accounts you're alluding to an unverifiable truth-claim. That said, the philosophical understanding of personhood is contingent on two things: 'thought' and 'action'. This implies that a person lost their personhood if they're incapable of: (a) thinking; and (b) acting. On this account, abortion, like euthanasia is morally permissible. To this end, my counterargument, syllogistically presented, goes thus:

Premise #1: Personhood is contingent on 'thought' and 'action';
Premise #2: A feotus is incapable of thinking and acting;
Premise #3: A feotus, lacking the ability and the capacity to think and act is not yet a person.
Conclusion: Therefore, it is morally permissible to terminate a feotus.

Further to the above, there are other circumstantial cases which makes abortion morally permissible. These include: serious feotal abnormality or deformity; pregnancy resulting from incest and/or rape; and, where the woman risks losing her life due to the pregnancy.
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by sulasa07(m): 2:04pm On Apr 22, 2018
ladiesreject:

Nonsense.

Can something be a sin to one party and not be a sin to the other?

Another confused Christian
First, am not a xtian
Second,go read about pregnancies that affect mothers lives.A gud example is when the baby bump appears at the mothers sideways instead of the middle stomach.
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 22, 2018
As much as I take the stance of Pro-Life, I also take the stance of Pro-choice. A baby yet unborn is still in the making and doesn't have an identity so how do you legally hold anybody responsible for murder?

In the court of law foetus and infant are not the same, just as Minor and adult are not the same. So by the court it's Null and void. Go abortion you womb and don't ruin a brighter future if you aspiring for one.

Oh i see you frowning because you religious, Don't take it to heart, If you actually did all what God told you to do in the Bible, you would be put in prison and for some mental homes. So Religion is also null and void.

Morally, it's wrong but Fūck it, I 'd rather compromise my morals than bring another human on earth to suffer for it.

Genderly, It's a woman's choice because she owns her body, if she had HIV aids, Would you care about her the same way you care if she abortion her womb? So quit being hypocritical.
Re: Is Abortion A Sin? by okwusdidi: 2:21pm On Apr 22, 2018
Even medical science has proven that life begins at conceptiin.Abortion is simply murder of the innocent and a grave sin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

“FOR MY SAKE” By Opeyemi Akintunde / The Bible Confirms The Messengership Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) / See What Happened To Me Last Night!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.