Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,478 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

After 8 Years Of Courtship Marriage Could Not Last A Year - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / After 8 Years Of Courtship Marriage Could Not Last A Year (1878 Views)

Australian Woman Gets Reply From Crush 8 Years After Texting Him / Man Leaks Chat After Lady He Asked Out 8 Years Ago Accepts To Date Him Yesterday / "I Dated Her For 8 Years, Never Had Sex With Her, After Her MSc, She Dumped Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After 8 Years Of Courtship Marriage Could Not Last A Year by Teedora: 12:22pm On Apr 22, 2018
Pls my friends i have a question.two people dated for 8 yrs and eventually got married but d marriage coukd not last a year.what could ve been d cause.pls i need ur view on it
Re: After 8 Years Of Courtship Marriage Could Not Last A Year by Olalan(m): 12:34pm On Apr 22, 2018
Am beginning to realise that many lovers in this age are loving each other cause it's convinent for them to love the person at that moment, while dating they might not really know each well cause they don't live with each other.
You can only know about a persons character when you live together.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After 8 Years Of Courtship Marriage Could Not Last A Year by IdeyFindWife: 12:39pm On Apr 22, 2018
Pre-wedding dating, courtship etc play a great role in you knowing whether to go ahead or not

But some still go ahead after great courtship and still tank the marriage
Re: After 8 Years Of Courtship Marriage Could Not Last A Year by schumastic(m): 12:41pm On Apr 22, 2018
Shiit happens, Meanwhile.

Some have boo but cannot cheat,
Some can cheat but have no boo,
We have boo and we can cheat,
Glory be to thee o, Lord.

Signed.

Vice President,

Bachelors Club, Lagos Branch.

2 Likes

Re: After 8 Years Of Courtship Marriage Could Not Last A Year by JONNYSPUTE(m): 12:54pm On Apr 22, 2018
It happens. People should understand that most things we call love is not love but lust. You can hide all character defects in courtship, but not in marriage. Besides,love alone does not sustain marriage but understanding and tolerance.

1 Like

Re: After 8 Years Of Courtship Marriage Could Not Last A Year by MissRaine69(f): 1:26pm On Apr 22, 2018
Because neither party wanted to be honest with each other. The relationship was no longer there but a wedding was an expectation.

1 Like

Re: After 8 Years Of Courtship Marriage Could Not Last A Year by MissRaine69(f): 1:27pm On Apr 22, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
It happens. People should understand that most things we call love is not love but lust. You can hide all character defects in courtship, but not in marriage. Besides,love alone does not sustain marriage but understanding and tolerance.
Hiding the real you for eight whole years?
Re: After 8 Years Of Courtship Marriage Could Not Last A Year by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 22, 2018
on most occasions that this happened, the partners might have spent very limited time together during the courtship period.

This is why I don't buy the idea of long distance relationship.

2 Likes

Re: After 8 Years Of Courtship Marriage Could Not Last A Year by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 1:34pm On Apr 22, 2018
Waiting for the elders. Àwọn singles but expertise in marriage counselling
Re: After 8 Years Of Courtship Marriage Could Not Last A Year by Destiblack(m): 1:38pm On Apr 22, 2018
what would be must be n there is nothing any body can do abt it. when u pretend to luv someone when u don't really do.
Re: After 8 Years Of Courtship Marriage Could Not Last A Year by JONNYSPUTE(m): 1:57pm On Apr 22, 2018
[quote author=MissRaine69 post=66928398]
Hiding the real you for eight whole years? [/quote....My dear not necessarily hiding persay but the initial love at the beginning of an affair may not be what is actually needed to sustain a marriage.Something more stronger is needed
Re: After 8 Years Of Courtship Marriage Could Not Last A Year by myself13: 3:01pm On Apr 22, 2018
Humans are multifaceted, complex, constantly changing creatures, partially driven by their innate whims and caprices or emotions and other times by prejudices.
You strive to understand your partner in marriage, not in courtship. it's evident patience and maturity that would have been needed in the marriage was poured out in their EIGHT years courtship by the both partners.
Marriage requires two persons coming together with respect for themselves, a bit of mutual compatibility, willingness to be together against all odds and a leap of faith to bring their union to materialization.Any marital union without these vital ingredients is bound to collapse.
Endurance, discipline borne out of personal beliefs not religion, but could be tradition, and sacrifices are fundamental values that ensures a progressive marriage of which our mothers and fathers had and understood these basic concepts which made their marriages work effectively during their times.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After 8 Years Of Courtship Marriage Could Not Last A Year by lonikit: 3:08pm On Apr 22, 2018
three tings involved:

1. the 8yrs might be distanced courtship.

2. change is constant. wht attracted the man in the woman might hav faded away.

3. village pple might be at work

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: After 8 Years Of Courtship Marriage Could Not Last A Year by CosmicJames(m): 3:43pm On Apr 22, 2018
Teedora:
Pls my friends i have a question.two people dated for 8 yrs and eventually got married but d marriage coukd not last a year.what could ve been d cause.pls i need ur view on it
The cause is compatibility.
They are not compatible to each other!
During their dating years, they were never very close to each other.
But after marriage, they become very close (they must be very close to each other after marriage) and realised that they couldn't understand each other or get along well.
So they just end it instead.
Re: After 8 Years Of Courtship Marriage Could Not Last A Year by engrelvis(m): 5:13pm On Apr 22, 2018
There is difference between marriage n courtship.i know people who r dating will argue dis.dnt worry when dey get married dey will understand
Re: After 8 Years Of Courtship Marriage Could Not Last A Year by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 22, 2018
You should ask one of both parties what happened, and come back and tell us what really happened.
Re: After 8 Years Of Courtship Marriage Could Not Last A Year by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 22, 2018
Too many secrets marriage revealed!
Re: After 8 Years Of Courtship Marriage Could Not Last A Year by Tajbol4splend(m): 6:05pm On Apr 22, 2018
Most relationships are fake
Re: After 8 Years Of Courtship Marriage Could Not Last A Year by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 22, 2018
RuthDaniels:
Too many secrets marriage revealed!
Evening
Re: After 8 Years Of Courtship Marriage Could Not Last A Year by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 22, 2018
greiboy:
Evening
Hello Grey...

How are you doing this evening? smiley
Re: After 8 Years Of Courtship Marriage Could Not Last A Year by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 22, 2018
RuthDaniels:
Hello Grey...

How are you doing this evening? smiley
Good we thank God
How was your weekend? church?
Re: After 8 Years Of Courtship Marriage Could Not Last A Year by Apina(m): 6:16pm On Apr 22, 2018
What sort of stupid question is that, how do you expect us to know? undecided

1 Like

Re: After 8 Years Of Courtship Marriage Could Not Last A Year by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 22, 2018
greiboy:
Good we thank God

How was your weekend? church?
It is fine oooo, not yet over. But I will appreciate it if it can start all over sad

Service was awesome today, Yours?
Re: After 8 Years Of Courtship Marriage Could Not Last A Year by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 22, 2018
RuthDaniels:
It is fine oooo, not yet over. But I will appreciate it if it can start all over sad

Service was awesome today, Yours?
Sure, but why do wish to start over?

emmm. I went to morning service. So to borrow your words, it was quite awesome too cheesy
Re: After 8 Years Of Courtship Marriage Could Not Last A Year by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 22, 2018
greiboy:
Sure, but why do wish to start over?

emmm. I went to morning service. So to borrow your words, it was quite awesome too cheesy
Don't know, maybe I'm not fully prepared for tomorrow. Lazy me cry

That's good to read, Which church BTW?
Re: After 8 Years Of Courtship Marriage Could Not Last A Year by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 22, 2018
RuthDaniels:
Don't know, maybe I'm not fully prepared for tomorrow. Lazy me cry

That's good to read, Which church BTW?
Cac revival

Really that makes two of us grin
lazy ass adults
Re: After 8 Years Of Courtship Marriage Could Not Last A Year by Kampack: 7:37pm On Apr 22, 2018
greiboy:
Cac revival

Really that makes two of us grin
lazy ass adults

Thanks to you two for nicely derailing this thread.

Hope youre both satisfied now. cool
Re: After 8 Years Of Courtship Marriage Could Not Last A Year by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 22, 2018
Kampack:

Thanks to you two for nicely derailing this thread.

Hope youre both satisfied now. cool
I am sorry bro I can modify the comments if you wish
Re: After 8 Years Of Courtship Marriage Could Not Last A Year by Kampack: 7:43pm On Apr 22, 2018
greiboy:
I am sorry bro I can modify the comments if you wish

Needless

Indeed amusing. grin
Re: After 8 Years Of Courtship Marriage Could Not Last A Year by Nobody: 7:46pm On Apr 22, 2018
Kampack:

Needless
Indeed amusing. grin
Yes I thought you were op cheesy

(1) (Reply)

So Sex Can Improve Memory? / In Need Of A Job (Really urgent)!!! / Am I Being Scammed By Love???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.