Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,199 members, 7,815,182 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Your Most Memorable Moment In Football! - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Your Most Memorable Moment In Football! (9457 Views)

Which Is The Most Memorable Comeback In Nigerian Football? / Funny:one Of The Funniest Moment In Football / The Top 10 Clubs With The Most Official Trophies In Football History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Most Memorable Moment In Football! by kay10: 6:41pm On May 17, 2012
Thank God,Gutavo,alaba,and bertuder will not be there,when chelsea play against BM.The three players are very tough in the midfield,and something can perform late miracle.
Re: Your Most Memorable Moment In Football! by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 17, 2012
Miracle of Damman.... Most memorable to me. That was called "classic match".. wink
Re: Your Most Memorable Moment In Football! by GBNY: 6:46pm On May 17, 2012
Liverpool Vs AcMillan, Uefa Champions League Final. 06
@Istanbul.
Mother of all football comeback @d final, by the Anfield giant, The Reds!!!

1 Like

Re: Your Most Memorable Moment In Football! by Riodiao(m): 6:50pm On May 17, 2012
My own plenty scatter. When kiko macheda scored that winning goal for utd agst vila.Men i shout die tear my shirt throw my pams for ground dey shout 'r u gingered'. Memorable.D 17year old
Re: Your Most Memorable Moment In Football! by Fairgodwin(m): 6:52pm On May 17, 2012
Well, I've got many, but the most memorable is (actually two), when Andres Iniesta scored that goal at the UCL semi final against Chelsea, and his winning goal against The Netherlands at the World Cup final.

The reason why the UCL semi final (equallizing) goal is so memorable, is because my landlady and her children (including the husband) are all Chelsea fans. So they were all taunting me till the late minute, untill I decided to get out of the compound (cos I couldn't just stay in our apartment, I was 'shuttling' between their apartment and ours), as I was about leaving her apartment and the compound, I heard the shout of goal, but I thought Chelsea had scored again, not until my brother gripped me (at/by the door) that I realised it was Barça, that scored! I can't tell you guys what I did that night, but you needed to see me that night!
Re: Your Most Memorable Moment In Football! by Fairgodwin(m): 6:53pm On May 17, 2012
GBNY: Liverpool Vs AcMillan, Uefa Champions League Final. 06
@Istanbul.
Mother of all football comeback @d final, by the Anfield giant, The Reds!!!
It was 2005.
Re: Your Most Memorable Moment In Football! by Riodiao(m): 6:55pm On May 17, 2012
When julius aghahowa scored d equalizing goal against senegal in 2002. Remember d commentary' wont u believe it! Wont u believe it.An absolute determined nigerian julius aghahowa has done it again.Outrageous! Simply outrageous.Misunderstanding between keeper and marker and julius agahohowa has done it again
Re: Your Most Memorable Moment In Football! by Riodiao(m): 7:06pm On May 17, 2012
When man utd were playing everton @ godison park.Dat day was census day in nigeria.No movement,chelsea vs bolton game was going on simultaneously chelsea were leading 2-1. Utd 2-0 after fernandez blast a shot passd van der sar.Chelsea were now 3pts behind utd with utd still needing to go to stamford bridge. all of a sudden john oshea scored,then phil neville own goal,then rooney to make it 3-2,then news came dat anthony michelak had equalised 4 bolton 2-2 and d game had ended and chris eagles 4-2 for man utd. I shouted till i lost my voice.
Re: Your Most Memorable Moment In Football! by dandadee: 7:19pm On May 17, 2012
Tattooboy: I'll like all football lovers in nairaland to share their various craziest moment in football. Mine is the A. Iniesta Heartbroken Goal at Stamford Bridge Last Year. You?
Mine is the Torres heartbreaking goal at camp nou this year..tit for tat
Re: Your Most Memorable Moment In Football! by HenryJosephs(m): 7:20pm On May 17, 2012
Messi's solo goal against Getafe
Re: Your Most Memorable Moment In Football! by snthesis(m): 7:26pm On May 17, 2012
dnt have one, i'm not dead yet
Re: Your Most Memorable Moment In Football! by richjohn1(m): 7:29pm On May 17, 2012
@dayokanu
That was my most memorable! grin
Re: Your Most Memorable Moment In Football! by Diligence: 7:48pm On May 17, 2012
Naturally Atlanta 96 Olympics - semi final between Nigeria and Brazil...Kanu's 3rd and esp the golden goal... the only GOLDEL GOOOOOAAAAAL!
Re: Your Most Memorable Moment In Football! by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 17, 2012
Torres goal against Barcelona
Re: Your Most Memorable Moment In Football! by fredoooooo: 8:02pm On May 17, 2012
thunder balogun only goal against india when nigeria lost 99 - 1 grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Your Most Memorable Moment In Football! by gulfer: 8:07pm On May 17, 2012
U-20: Damman Miracle, broke a carton of plates just purchased by Mom out of excitement at equalising 4-4 by Elijah.
Re: Your Most Memorable Moment In Football! by vokalguy(m): 8:12pm On May 17, 2012
Atlanta 96

Argentina v Nigeria
Re: Your Most Memorable Moment In Football! by dadicvila(m): 8:17pm On May 17, 2012
Diego Tristan,Luque,Valeron,Luque,Fran G,Victor,Coloccini,Deuscher,Molina....mehn i kant 4get this names,any core football fan will know this is the deportivo team that thrashed MILAN 4 nil in 2004,O!dat crazy nite at The Raizor....i cried like a baby For 3days....i wunt 4get Deportivo La corona oOO!!!

1 Like

Re: Your Most Memorable Moment In Football! by emmke(m): 8:18pm On May 17, 2012
by faaarrr king Kanu's last goal against brazil in atlanta '96. The look on bebeto's face is still fresh on my mind
Re: Your Most Memorable Moment In Football! by IbrahimB: 8:37pm On May 17, 2012
Aghahowa's equalizer against Senegal in 2002. Whoa! grin
Re: Your Most Memorable Moment In Football! by RuuDie(m): 9:08pm On May 17, 2012
Will never forget the night Avram Grant said to the world and all Jose Mourinho fan-boys. . . "The Special will come and watch Chelsea in Moscow" - and indeed, it came to pass!

On a night when the world remembered victims of the holocaust, on a night Grant remembered his father's traumatic travails during WW2 and for Chelsea legend Frank Lampard, it was a time to commemorate his late mother. . . they squared up against Liverpool, two-time stumbling block of Jose Mourinho's Chelsea in previous UCL meetings. Such was Chelsea fan's love for Mourinho that they never gave Grant a chance all through his time at the Bridge, as if it was his fault that JM was fired in the first place. Mourinho himself even tried to stoke the fire a bit by hinting that Liverpool held a slight advantage. But on this "magical" night, the stage was set as usual; but the outcome, different.
At the end of 90mins of a pulsating action, Avram Grant, barely a year as a licensed, professional manager - scorned, disrespected, even disregarded by the same supporters he was sweating for; went down on his knees, teary eyes raised to the heavens in supplication. . .he'd done it and more! He'd taken The Blues one step ahead of where the so-called, self-styled "Special One" couldn't - he'd beat Liverpool and taken The Blues to the UCL final for the very first time in their history.

I shed a tear everytime I see that image of Grant in sadness and then joy for the man. In that gesture I saw a symbol, a message to all the doubters and naysayers - "I have done what your Special One could not do".

That was his "magic moment" and I am sure nobody can take it away from him!

Re: Your Most Memorable Moment In Football! by RuuDie(m): 9:10pm On May 17, 2012
For very different reasons. . . it just felt good to see the usually smug and haughty Jose Mourinho humbled.

grin

Re: Your Most Memorable Moment In Football! by knight351(m): 9:15pm On May 17, 2012
aguero's winning goal in d 93rd minute 2 clinch d epl 4rm man u...
Re: Your Most Memorable Moment In Football! by Chegunn(m): 9:19pm On May 17, 2012
dat ronaldinho's goal vs chelsea and henry's injury time header vs man u, injured myself dat day wen i jumpd up to celebrate n had d fan cut my hand but did nt stop until after d match wen i started feelin d pains
Re: Your Most Memorable Moment In Football! by Detongue: 9:35pm On May 17, 2012
Chelsea /barca match with Ramires goal. I can't 4get dat match. Chelsea was d underdog
Re: Your Most Memorable Moment In Football! by MyVicky: 9:58pm On May 17, 2012
Madrid : Zidane's winner for Madrid 2 UCL 2002 & CR7's winner against Barca La liga 2011/2012
Chelsea: Torres' goal against Barca UCL 2012, Ramires first goal against Barca UCL 2012.

Nigeria : Kanu's winner against Brazil @ atlanta 96, Di Maria's winner against Nigeria @ 2008 Olympics.

EPL : Rooney's winner against Man city 2011, Aguero's winner against QPR 2012, Lampard's winner against Man U 2011, RVP's winner against Chelsea 2011, Torres' miss aginst Man U....
Others : Torres' winner against Germany @ Euro 2008, Gerrard's equaliser against AC Milan UCL 2005, Kaka'a winner against Man U @ UCL 2007, Ronaldo Delima's winner against Brazil @ Korea Japan 2002, Ronaldinho's winner against England @ 2002 world cup, Messi's winner against Nigeria @ 2005 youth world cup.....
Re: Your Most Memorable Moment In Football! by 1forall: 10:04pm On May 17, 2012
The moment pictured below. . still find it hard to understand how that ball didn't end up in the net

1 Like

Re: Your Most Memorable Moment In Football! by Jarus(m): 10:32pm On May 17, 2012
Kanu's equalizer and Golden goal for Nigeria vs Brazil Atlanta 96. It was unbelievable!!!!
Re: Your Most Memorable Moment In Football! by Jarus(m): 10:47pm On May 17, 2012
Zediccus: 1. It was 2-1, with Germany leading. England needed a draw to qualify for euro, and here comes beckham with a badt freekick to level. .

Yeah, this was memorable.One of the reason Beckham will never be forgotten in English football.
Re: Your Most Memorable Moment In Football! by Santino1(m): 11:00pm On May 17, 2012
dadicvila: Diego Tristan,Luque,Valeron,Luque,Fran G,Victor,Coloccini,Deuscher,Molina....mehn i kant 4get this names,any core football fan will know this is the deportivo team that thrashed MILAN 4 nil in 2004,O!dat crazy nite at The Raizor....i cried like a baby For 3days....i wunt 4get Deportivo La corona oOO!!!

You actually forgot the man that did the damage....Walter Pandiani
Re: Your Most Memorable Moment In Football! by bugsy80(m): 11:12pm On May 17, 2012
got loads of football moments...
1. miracle of dammam Nigeria v USSR u20 world cup 1/4finals. Nigeria scored 4 goals in 23min and won match in extra time
2. Tunisia 94.... nations cup winners... think its Nigerians greatest tournament..
3. dream team Atlanta 96... semi against Brazil and finals against Argentina
4. France 98 Sunday olisehs goal against Spain..
5. man united 1999 treble season. champions league final 2 goals in extra time.. incredible
6. man u v arsenal stopping them at 49 unbeaten...lol
7. man u v man c ... Owen last minute winner..
if you support man united you will never be short of memorable football moments.... i could go on for hours.
Re: Your Most Memorable Moment In Football! by zumarock8(m): 11:18pm On May 17, 2012
France goalkeeper Fabien Barthez leaps over Brazil striker Ronaldo, as France’s Lilian Thuram looks on, during the 1998 World Cup final in Paris. France won 3-0 to lift its first ever World Cup, thanks to goals by the great Zinedine Zidane (2) and former Arsenal star Emmanuel Petit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

. / Kelechi Iheanacho: Eagles Will Do Better In 2022 Worldcup / African And Nigerian Topscorers In Europe 2011/2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.