Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... - Autos (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... (26348 Views)

Insurance Services: Get Your Motor Insurance/renewal Within 5mins / Contact Us For Your Motor Spare Parts Such As Toyota,nissan,honda, Etc / How Your Motor Fluids Can Get You Killed... Must Read!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by zeestone99(m): 9:55am On Aug 20, 2019
kenedy175:

Tired of contacting strange people that will just hype the price of there work and still not get it done

Office is at ladipo main market oshodi. He's good. Give it a shot and inform the house.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by kenedy175(m): 10:34am On Aug 20, 2019
zeestone99:

Office is at ladipo main market oshodi. He's good. Give it a shot and inform the house.

I won't be surprised if I have tried him already. Cus it's over 2 years now that I have been on this same issue and contacted a lot of guys at ladipo market... spent a lot of money and still no headway
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 3:07pm On Aug 20, 2019
heyjay:
Well done boss! I have this Avensis 07 that works seamlessly when in reverse gear, but act as if in neutral when put in Drive. It won't engage until I rev the engine, but works perfectly once it has overcome inertia. The only exemption to this anomaly happens when the car is first started; it works well. I have changed gear filter & ATF, but without much difference.

Scan your car for transmission related codes.
the pressure control solenoid in your valvebody is acting up. most likely due to debris in your valvebody causing a sticky valve.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 3:09pm On Aug 20, 2019
TINKU01:
For a first time car user which is a better buy based on maintenance and availability of spare parts sir
1.) Nigerian used 2003 Toyota Rave 4?
2.) Nigerian used Acura MDX 2007/2008/2009?
I could have considered a corolla but it’s not spacious enough for my work and it’s a target for thieves.
Any better sir suggestions? Thanks

the 2003 Rav4 is more maintenace friendly and affordable to run.

But ensure that it does not have transmission related issues
also ensure your temperature gauge works fine
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 3:10pm On Aug 20, 2019
tunax5loon:
Good morning boss
Sir, My boss has a nissanaltima 2005. the car always jerk whenever he drives. we have taken it to all available local men to no avail. It jerks whenever we make a U-turn or once you decelerate and you want to throttle. ANYTHING TO BE FIXED SIR?

take the car for a scan.

likely the crankshaft sensor is acting up.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by zeestone99(m): 8:57pm On Aug 20, 2019
kenedy175:

I won't be surprised if I have tried him already. Cus it's over 2 years now that I have been on this same issue and contacted a lot of guys at ladipo market... spent a lot of money and still no headway

Wow. That's a serious one sir.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 9:00am On Aug 21, 2019
kenedy175:

what was the genesis of the problem sir?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 2:01pm On Aug 21, 2019
here for you!
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by cerpvad(m): 5:37pm On Aug 21, 2019
MotorGuru:
here for you!
Hello MotorGuru, I drive accord 03. Gear selects perfectly. But When on top speed at 60mph, car experiences continuous revving and won't speed up beyond 60mph.
Please what could cause this problem. Thanks
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 6:28pm On Aug 21, 2019
cerpvad:
Hello MotorGuru, I drive accord 03. Gear selects perfectly. But When on top speed at 60mph, car experiences continuous revving and won't speed up beyond 60mph.
Please what could cause this problem. Thanks
at standstill and with engine running, does your car rev above 3000 rpm?

Scan the vehicle for codes.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by cerpvad(m): 6:44pm On Aug 21, 2019
Yes at standstill, with engine running, it revs above 3000 rpm. But it is only when traveling on top speed around 60-80mph that car experiences the continuous revving which will not allow it speed beyond 60/80mph. A rewire guy I went to told me it is the raising sensor that has faults. Is there anything called raising sensor or he is just doing trial and error?

As per scanning the car for codes, I don't understand. How does codes solve the problem?
MotorGuru:

at standstill and with engine running, does your car rev above 3000 rpm?

Scan the vehicle for codes.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 8:26am On Aug 22, 2019
cerpvad:
Yes at standstill, with engine running, it revs above 3000 rpm. But it is only when traveling on top speed around 60-80mph that car experiences the continuous revving which will not allow it speed beyond 60/80mph. A rewire guy I went to told me it is the raising sensor that has faults. Is there anything called raising sensor or he is just doing trial and error?

As per scanning the car for codes, I don't understand. How does codes solve the problem?

It helps in solving the problem by localizing the problem area, making troubleshooting a lot easier
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by kenedy175(m): 3:22pm On Aug 22, 2019
MotorGuru:

what was the genesis of the problem sir?

It's a long and complicated story that I have forgotten most part of it. Car suddenly refused starting and wasn't even able to crank. It was later diagnosed to be as a result of a fault ECU . I bought an ECU, got someone from Lagos to come program and fix the car. The man came did what he did.. now the car could start only when you Jumpstart it... tried reprogramming the key or whatever, no success. So the car got towed to Lagos where another ECU was bought and fixed. Long story short, the car can now start but it can't shift from gear 2 to any other gear. All the functions on dash board ain't working.. the new report now is that I have to buy another ECU for the car because the one currently in the car isn't functioning well. And I might also have to buy a transmission control module to. I'm sick and tired of the whole issue already. The car is a Cadillac cts 2006. This is just a summary of the whole issue
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by mahkanjuh: 3:59pm On Aug 22, 2019
Please, I want to know if there are other cars that as fuel efficient like Toyota Corolla that can be purchased considering Price of Corolla is always on the high side. Please, give me list please
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 7:03pm On Aug 22, 2019
kenedy175:

It's a long and complicated story that I have forgotten most part of it. Car suddenly refused starting and wasn't even able to crank. It was later diagnosed to be as a result of a fault ECU . I bought an ECU, got someone from Lagos to come program and fix the car. The man came did what he did.. now the car could start only when you Jumpstart it... tried reprogramming the key or whatever, no success. So the car got towed to Lagos where another ECU was bought and fixed. Long story short, the car can now start but it can't shift from gear 2 to any other gear. All the functions on dash board ain't working.. the new report now is that I have to buy another ECU for the car because the one currently in the car isn't functioning well. And I might also have to buy a transmission control module to. I'm sick and tired of the whole issue already. The car is a Cadillac cts 2006. This is just a summary of the whole issue

Provide us with the VIN of your vehicle so that we can ascertain that the right brainbox is being installed in your car.

cc. CarGuideNG:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 7:07pm On Aug 22, 2019
mahkanjuh:
Please, I want to know if there are other cars that as fuel efficient like Toyota Corolla that can be purchased considering Price of Corolla is always on the high side. Please, give me list please

1. Toyota Corolla
2. Toyota Corolla grin

There is a reason why this car (particularly the 03-07 models) are very expensive.
Extreme reliability, extremely simple to repair/ extremely cheap to run(on petrol) to name but a few

you can consider Honda civic (2006 models up) and our friend Weyreypey can suggest a few grin

1 Like

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by weyreypey: 7:11pm On Aug 22, 2019
MotorGuru:

1. Toyota Corolla
2. Toyota Corolla grin

There is a reason why this car (particularly the 03-07 models) are very expensive.
Extreme reliability, extremely simple to repair/ extremely cheap to run(on petrol) to name but a few

you can consider Honda civic (2006 models up) and our friend Weyreypey can suggest a few grin
Honda insight 2004!
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by kenedy175(m): 9:41pm On Aug 22, 2019
MotorGuru:

Provide us with the VIN of your vehicle so that we can ascertain that the right brainbox is being installed in your car.

cc. CarGuideNG:

All ECUs bought so far had same part number with the original ecu in the car. This is the VIN 1G6DM57T860168922
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by CarGuideNG: 10:15pm On Aug 22, 2019
MotorGuru:

cc. CarGuideNG:

Hello Sir

kenedy175:

All ECUs bought so far had same part number with the original ecu in the car. This is the VIN 1G6DM57T860168922

2006 Cadillac CTS 2.8l V6

Factory ECM Part Number - 19260507*

*Requires further programming. Not a plug and play replacement.

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by kenedy175(m): 10:44pm On Aug 22, 2019
CarGuideNG:

Hello Sir

2006 Cadillac CTS 2.8l V6

Factory ECM Part Number - 19260507*

*Requires further programming. Not a plug and play replacement.
Thanks alot Sir. But The problem isn't getting an ecu but making sure it works. The last one i orderd from the states ended up "partly functional". My programmer had to place another order by himself via a friend of his in The states. It came, worked fine but having transmission issues and dash board functions are not functional. As it is now, I don't think my programmer knows where the problem lies. He suggested I buy another ECU which will make it the 3rd ECU I'll be buying. I then told him about the TCM. Which he said I might have to buy to. So I'm really confused now. No be say person dey pluck money from tree
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 8:16am On Aug 23, 2019
kenedy175:

Thanks alot Sir. But The problem isn't getting an ecu but making sure it works. The last one i orderd from the states ended up "partly functional". My programmer had to place another order by himself via a friend of his in The states. It came, worked fine but having transmission issues and dash board functions are not functional. As it is now, I don't think my programmer knows where the problem lies. He suggested I buy another ECU which will make it the 3rd ECU I'll be buying. I then told him about the TCM. Which he said I might have to buy to. So I'm really confused now. No be say person dey pluck money from tree

First of all, have you confirmed that it is the same part number?

Cc. Mayor2013

Autologic
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by autologic: 9:08am On Aug 23, 2019
kenedy175:

I really feel your fustration ,let chat on my number(check my signature ) and ensure to send me as much data as much as possible ,I can help with permanent fix for the issue .
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 1:41pm On Aug 23, 2019
here!
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by mahkanjuh: 1:46pm On Aug 23, 2019
MotorGuru:

1. Toyota Corolla
2. Toyota Corolla grin

grin thanks so very much chief, really grateful
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 6:47pm On Aug 23, 2019
Available
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 8:42am On Aug 26, 2019
here!
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by nnamzy007(m): 7:02am On Sep 01, 2019
Goodmorning Guru., pls help me out. i have a problem with my 02 volvo s60. When I have full tank the car drives perfectly,but as soon as it drops to 50liters the car will loose a considerable amount of power,i already changed the fuel filter and yet. I scanned the car and got these codes:p0238 -turbocharger/supercharger boost sensor A' circuit high.
P0808_clutch position sensor circuit high.
P0030_heater control circuit bank 1 sensor 1
P0016_crankshaft position-camshaft position correlation bank 1 sensor A.

What could I possibly be looking at sir?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by oluwaleokey: 11:06pm On Sep 04, 2019
I got a naija used car but previous owner uses 20w-50 but changes often
As directed, i opened the engine oil cover to ascertain the level of Sludge in the engine (i dont know if it works this way) however find attached the pic.

I intend to use total quartz 9000 5w-40 for some time instead of straight 5w-30 due to what has been said.
Please recommend
Cc
Motorguru
Bigkendo

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by toys2seven(m): 11:10pm On Sep 04, 2019
Please house. I'm thinking of getting either a Volkswagen Passat 2006 or Toyota Corolla 2001/2 (both Nigerian used) but the Toyota is more expensive than the VW. Is it safe to go for the VW or to beef up my budget and go for the Toyota.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 9:20am On Sep 06, 2019
toys2seven:
Please house. I'm thinking of getting either a Volkswagen Passat 2006 or Toyota Corolla 2001/2 (both Nigerian used) but the Toyota is more expensive than the VW. Is it safe to go for the VW or to beef up my budget and go for the Toyota.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

there is a reason why the Corolla is more expensive.

Sir, please go for the Corolla. Thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 12:49pm On Sep 23, 2019
here!
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by radautoworks: 5:25pm On Sep 23, 2019
TINKU01:
For a first time car user which is a better buy based on maintenance and availability of spare parts sir
1.) Nigerian used 2003 Toyota Rave 4?
2.) Nigerian used Acura MDX 2007/2008/2009?
I could have considered a corolla but it’s not spacious enough for my work and it’s a target for thieves.
Any better sir suggestions? Thanks

1st time user, rav4

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

**** Very Clean Mack Trucks And Tippers At Affordale Prices! (Pics included)**** / Get Your Cheap Cars From Cotonu With Original Custom Papers, new bb pin-7C85D855 / 2015 Model Ford Edge Titanium Toks Fully Loaded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.