Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... - Autos (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... (26395 Views)

Insurance Services: Get Your Motor Insurance/renewal Within 5mins / Contact Us For Your Motor Spare Parts Such As Toyota,nissan,honda, Etc / How Your Motor Fluids Can Get You Killed... Must Read!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by myners007: 11:13am On Apr 03, 2019
MotorGuru:

it is to prevent corrosion to the aluminium components of your cooling system, allow the engine run at a hotter temperature without the coolant boiling, prevent calcification due to hard water, and giving longer life to your water pump/thermostat.
Thanks, i have a challenge with my radiator, it was replaced with a belgium one this January and ever since the temperature always rises to middle guage barely few minutes of kicking off the engine. Some persons are suggesting i buy a brand new one for replacement.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by adebrain(m): 11:33am On Apr 03, 2019
MotorGuru:

Your gearbox harness connector pin socket is bad. the seal(o-ring) has been compromised allowing oil to soak it.
Replace o-ring , clean and check. if same symptoms replace connector.

Dear Car Guru

I have similar challenge. However, my car is a Toyota Corolla 2004 and the issue is only when the car is switching from gear 2 to gear 3. Pls what's your advice.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 1:07pm On Apr 03, 2019
myners007:
Thanks, i have a challenge with my radiator, it was replaced with a belgium one this January and ever since the temperature always rises to middle guage barely few minutes of kicking off the engine. Some persons are suggesting i buy a brand new one for replacement.

Please buy a brand new radiator.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 1:08pm On Apr 03, 2019
adebrain:

Dear Car Guru

I have similar challenge. However, my car is a Toyota Corolla 2004 and the issue is only when the car is switching from gear 2 to gear 3. Pls what's your advice.

I would appreciate a specific experience with your Car.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 3:00pm On Apr 03, 2019
here!
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by thebigkendo(m): 4:43pm On Apr 03, 2019
myners007:

What car is this?

Does the temperature go above the middle? If no- Then I believe you have no problem

Why did you replace the radiator in the first place?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by myners007: 5:10pm On Apr 03, 2019
thebigkendo:

What car is this?

Does the temperature go above the middle? If no- Then I believe you have no problem

Why did you replace the radiator in the first place?
the car is Honda accord 2007 v6. The temperature always get to the middle few minutes after driving and the replaced one was as a result of leakages
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 03, 2019
Please what could be responsible for A.C gas to be disappearing 2 weeks after refilling of a 2005 model of corolla?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by thebigkendo(m): 5:34pm On Apr 03, 2019
myners007:
the car is Honda accord 2007 v6. The temperature always get to the middle few minutes after driving and the replaced one was as a result of leakages

As long as the temperature does not go above that.. You have no problem
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Johnsonkeyz2019: 9:48pm On Apr 03, 2019
MotorGuru:

Thank you sir for your inquiry.
1. The recommended Engine oil for your car is any reputable brand with of 5W30 grade You can contact Gazzuzz for your Engine oil as he sells original Mobil 1 synthetic engine oil of various available viscosities.
2. The ONLY recommended atf for your gearbox is Genuine Honda DW1 atf fluid. Please do not use any other fluid for your car. You can contact Luvinhubby on this forum.
3.The gearbox of your car has an AT filter but unfortunately this is not serviceable, as it is within the gearbox. This means that replacement of the filter will require gearbox removal and dismantling.
4. You might need an engine Tuneup and a cleaning of your idle control valve
5. you might need a tune up( sparkplug change, air filter etc.) also scan your car for codes to be sure your engine management system is working properly.
6. I do not understand you last point sir. Please could you explain better?

Good day I want to know where I can get the right engine oil to service my Honda Accord 2006
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Johnsonkeyz2019: 9:49pm On Apr 03, 2019
MotorGuru:
here!

Then secondly my Honda Accord 2006 started a funny scene yesterday I just felt AC breeze without turning AC on nd I turned it off after sometime it came up again ND it's been doing that since then please what could be the Cause nd possible solution
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 7:44am On Apr 04, 2019
Johnsonkeyz2019:

Then secondly my Honda Accord 2006 started a funny scene yesterday I just felt AC breeze without turning AC on nd I turned it off after sometime it came up again ND it's been doing that since then please what could be the Cause nd possible solution
check for intermittent ac compressor operation
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 7:44am On Apr 04, 2019
Johnsonkeyz2019:

Good day I want to know where I can get the right engine oil to service my Honda Accord 2006

Cc. Radautoworks, Dru23
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Nastydru: 8:15am On Apr 04, 2019
MotorGuru:

Cc. Radautoworks, Dru23

5w20 is recommended oil .... Cost is 17k ...

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by radautoworks: 12:50pm On Apr 04, 2019
MotorGuru:

Cc. Radautoworks, Dru23

Please don't. Not in the same sentence. It implies we are similar.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 1:05pm On Apr 04, 2019
radautoworks:

My apologies ma'am smiley

1 Like

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by radautoworks: 1:42pm On Apr 04, 2019
MotorGuru:

Thanks smiley
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Nastydru: 5:43pm On Apr 04, 2019
radautoworks:

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Nastydru: 5:44pm On Apr 04, 2019
radautoworks:

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Nastydru: 5:46pm On Apr 04, 2019
MotorGuru:

So u too dey apologise to woman..... We have so many followers on this thread ..so because she get small money now ,u now bowing down to her ....smh ....# get the strap#
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Johnsonkeyz2019: 9:01pm On Apr 04, 2019
MotorGuru:

check for intermittent ac compressor operation

Please I wouldn't know if u can break this down a little further
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Johnsonkeyz2019: 9:04pm On Apr 04, 2019
Nastydru:

5w20 is recommended oil .... Cost is 17k ...

Later got this ND one other imported oil filter and did the servicing today

Thanks so much

I got the right oil 5w-20 With all the API recommendation from the Cars Manual even the mechanic were like why did I have to spend much but lols I told them that's the right thing to do as prescribed by the manufacturer who knows Best

1 Like

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Nastydru: 9:25pm On Apr 04, 2019
Johnsonkeyz2019:

Later got this ND one other imported oil filter and did the servicing today

Thanks so much

I got the right oil 5w-20 With all the API recommendation from the Cars Manual even the mechanic were like why did I have to spend much but lols I told them that's the right thing to do as prescribed by the manufacturer who knows Best

Well that is fine... at least it is much better than the oil that goes for 4500..

1 Like

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by radautoworks: 10:06pm On Apr 04, 2019
Jydego:
Please what could be responsible for A.C gas to be disappearing 2 weeks after refilling of a 2005 model of corolla?

You have a leak
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by radautoworks: 10:07pm On Apr 04, 2019
Johnsonkeyz2019:

https://www.nairaland.com/4816308/fluid-specs-q-thread/5#75973337
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by radautoworks: 10:08pm On Apr 04, 2019
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by radautoworks: 10:08pm On Apr 04, 2019
umennaesie:
Hello good morning Oga motor guru and Gazzuzz
please i need guide on the following issues.
my car is Honda accord baby boy 2002 model 4 cylinder engine
1. recommended Engine oil
2. recommended ATF for it. was told of MOBILE ATF/ OANDO/TOTAL ATF. but been scared and skeptical as i dont know which one was used by the former owner
3. Does it have AT filter and does it need replacement
4. engine vibrate some times especially first time in morning when i start the car
5. fuel economy is really not to encouraging
6. Trip A and B on odometer
please need your take on this.
https://www.nairaland.com/4816308/fluid-specs-q-thread/5#75973337
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Johnsonkeyz2019: 11:39am On Apr 06, 2019
Nastydru:

Well that is fine... at least it is much better than the oil that goes for 4500..

Yes ooO
Thanks so much
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 12:22pm On Apr 06, 2019
HERE!
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Johnsonkeyz2019: 8:52pm On Apr 07, 2019
Please Help o my Honda Accord 2006 I was driving yesterday morning I noticed the AC Cool breeze and I was surprised coz I never turned AC now I put it off and it came up again later and had been doing that since

Now I notice whenever I start the Car both the cooling fan and the Condenser fan comes up now which is wrong

Condenser fan should only come up when I turn on AC so please what should I check ? What could be wrong coz now I'm forced to use Air condition Everytime which is bad

Please help on this o Honda Accord 2006
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 9:22am On Apr 08, 2019
Johnsonkeyz2019:
Please Help o my Honda Accord 2006 I was driving yesterday morning I noticed the AC Cool breeze and I was surprised coz I never turned AC now I put it off and it came up again later and had been doing that since

Now I notice whenever I start the Car both the cooling fan and the Condenser fan comes up now which is wrong

Condenser fan should only come up when I turn on AC so please what should I check ? What could be wrong coz now I'm forced to use Air condition Everytime which is bad

Please help on this o Honda Accord 2006

if no wrong electrician has ever touched your car, then you may be having electrical issues affecting your AC operation (always on)
Get a sound electrician (or ac technician to sort this out. It may be a sticking relay that is stuck on.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Johnsonkeyz2019: 1:49pm On Apr 11, 2019
MotorGuru:

if no wrong electrician has ever touched your car, then you may be having electrical issues affecting your AC operation (always on)
Get a sound electrician (or ac technician to sort this out. It may be a sticking relay that is stuck on.

He said today after much test that the Condenser is getting current from the Brain Box and that he needs to get a thermostat to create a different route for the AC button that turns on the Condenser

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Get Your Cheap Cars From Cotonu With Original Custom Papers, new bb pin-7C85D855 / 2015 Model Ford Edge Titanium Toks Fully Loaded / Get Your Car From Cotonou Down To Your Door Step.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.