Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... (62296 Views)

You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians / Buy & Fix Your Motor Windscreen / Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by FrankFrenzy(m): 12:53am On Feb 09, 2019
MotorGuru:
Free and unbiased consultations on vehicle diagnosis and fixes.

I am ready so Fire on!

Dear auto guru..

Would you advise me to buy a Nissan Maxima 2004 or Nissan Altima 2005 Nigerian used cars.
Is there anything I should know about those cars, because I'm on the verge of buying one of those 2. Pls kindly and candidly advise.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by salam12(m): 3:28am On Feb 09, 2019
Please what is expert opinion on this car: 2008 Automatic Mitsubishi Outlander. Kindly give feedback in terms of reliability, ease of maintenance and fuel consumption.

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 10:52am On Feb 09, 2019
FrankFrenzy:

Dear auto guru..

Would you advise me to buy a Nissan Maxima 2004 or Nissan Altima 2005 Nigerian used cars.
Is there anything I should know about those cars, because I'm on the verge of buying one of those 2. Pls kindly and candidly advise.

I would not sir.

I would rather recommend a 2005 camry or a 2005 Honda accord.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 10:53am On Feb 09, 2019
salam12:
Please what is expert opinion on this car: 2008 Automatic Mitsubishi Outlander. Kindly give feedback in terms of reliability, ease of maintenance and fuel consumption.

Good car.
The V6 is practically bulletproof.
the 4 cylinder is also good, but i would be wary of the CVT transmission in it.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by FrankFrenzy(m): 11:22am On Feb 09, 2019
MotorGuru:

I would not sir.

I would rather recommend a 2005 camry or a 2005 Honda accord.

Oh Honda EOD is valued better and possibly more rugged and reliable than Maxima?
Please assist with further enlightenment cos I'm also considering my budget.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by jessyz(f): 11:57am On Feb 09, 2019
I need your opinion. Which would you recommend, a Nigerian used 2006 highlander or a foreign used corolla 2009.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 12:43pm On Feb 09, 2019
jessyz:
I need your opinion. Which would you recommend, a Nigerian used 2006 highlander or a foreign used corolla 2009.

Foreign used Corolla of course. cheesy

Most Nigerian used cars are evil. They have been badly abused which may ruin the new owner financially if care is not taken. embarassed

Nigerians sell their problems, not their cars

5 Likes

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 12:48pm On Feb 09, 2019
FrankFrenzy:

Oh Honda EOD is valued better and possibly more rugged and reliable than Maxima?
Please assist with further enlightenment cos I'm also considering my budget.
Yes sir.
The Camry would be my safest bet here.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by jessyz(f): 2:27pm On Feb 09, 2019
MotorGuru:

Foreign used Corolla of course. cheesy

Most Nigerian used cars are evil. They have been badly abused which may ruin the new owner financially if care is not taken. embarassed

Nigerians sell their problems, not their cars
Thank you MotorGuru. God Bless you.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by salam12(m): 10:48pm On Feb 09, 2019
MotorGuru:

Good car.
The V6 is practically bulletproof.
the 4 cylinder is also good, but i would be wary of the CVT transmission in it.

Thanks so much for feedback.

Please what is major draw down of the CVT transmission and worst case scenario in terms of cost of replacement if need be,
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by joycluv: 5:11am On Feb 10, 2019
"
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by FrankFrenzy(m): 11:08am On Feb 10, 2019
MotorGuru:

I am ready so Fire on!

Good day
You are doing a yeoman's job here.
Pls I want to buy a Nigerian used Hyundai Accent 2003. The owner is offering it for around 450k. Is there any major areas of concern or worry for the car as it suits my present budget. I only need the car to go to work and back daily within a 20 min driving distance and probably to travel once in a while. Please also tell me if there's any inherent issues that is alway associated with this particular car.
Many thanks
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by iamkim7: 11:58am On Feb 10, 2019
MotorGuru:

I am ready so Fire on!
My Honda accord 03,which I just bought from someone recently is a fuel guzzler. From my rough calculations I got 5km to the litre. Scanned the car and found o2 sensors bank1 and bank2 malfunction. When I asked a mechanic he said it does not affect Honda, it's more a problem in Toyota's. So they cleaned my nozzles, injector and air intake. The problem seems to just get worse. 55lts of fuel is almost half gone and I did just 88miles.
Help.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by afuyebusayo: 5:09pm On Feb 10, 2019
[nice

quote author=MotorGuru post=75318771]

a 30,000 mile / 3 year interval is ideal[/quote]
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 8:22am On Feb 11, 2019
salam12:

Thanks so much for feedback.

Please what is major draw down of the CVT transmission and worst case scenario in terms of cost of replacement if need be,

Ensure you use the right CVT fluids and you should be fine.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 8:23am On Feb 11, 2019
joycluv:
Plz MotorGurus, What could cause a Pathfinder Jeep to stop revising and what can be done about it. Thanks

Check ATF fluid condition. Scan vehicle. You may already have a faulty gear. Prepare for a replacement
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 8:24am On Feb 11, 2019
FrankFrenzy:

Good day
You are doing a yeoman's job here.
Pls I want to buy a Nigerian used Hyundai Accent 2003. The owner is offering it for around 450k. Is there any major areas of concern or worry for the car as it suits my present budget. I only need the car to go to work and back daily within a 20 min driving distance and probably to travel once in a while. Please also tell me if there's any inherent issues that is alway associated with this particular car.
Many thanks

Perform a comprehensive inspection by getting a qualified and competent mechanic to check it of for you.

Please provide your location.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 8:26am On Feb 11, 2019
iamkim7:

My Honda accord 03,which I just bought from someone recently is a fuel guzzler. From my rough calculations I got 5km to the litre. Scanned the car and found o2 sensors bank1 and bank2 malfunction. When I asked a mechanic he said it does not affect Honda, it's more a problem in Toyota's. So they cleaned my nozzles, injector and air intake. The problem seems to just get worse. 55lts of fuel is almost half gone and I did just 88miles.
Help.

Your oxygen sensors if bad will badly affect your fuel consumption. yhave them replaced (with brand new ones) and you should be fine.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by FrankFrenzy(m): 8:47am On Feb 11, 2019
MotorGuru:

Perform a comprehensive inspection by getting a qualified and competent mechanic to check it of for you.

Please provide your location.

I'm in Port Harcourt
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Waybedot: 10:07am On Feb 11, 2019
Please MotorsGuru,

I have a Nissan Murano 2009 Model, like I do hear that Murano's problem is mostly gear box. Tell me is there another way of avoiding this gear box issue on Murano. What's the recommended transmission oil for it and engine oil?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 12:07pm On Feb 11, 2019
Waybedot:
Please MotorsGuru,

I have a Nissan Murano 2009 Model, like I do hear that Murano's problem is mostly gear box. Tell me is there another way of avoiding this gear box issue on Murano. What's the recommended transmission oil for it and engine oil?

always use recommended fliuds for your gear and you should be fine.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Waybedot: 4:55pm On Feb 11, 2019
MotorGuru:

always use recommended fliuds for your gear and you should be fine.

Thanks sir.

But could you please tell me what transmission fluid is recommended for Murano 2009.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by dru23(m): 7:30pm On Feb 11, 2019
Waybedot:
Please MotorsGuru,

5w30 .. I have only the engine oil in stock....
For the gear box oil , to avoid stories that touch.. You will need to follow the owners manual...

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by habeeb246(m): 9:40pm On Feb 11, 2019
Hello Motorguru welldone, i have been wondering why Toyota Camry 2010 is much more better than 2009, is it that obvious ?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Waybedot: 9:51pm On Feb 11, 2019
dru23:

5w30 .. I have only the engine oil in stock....
For the gear box oil , to avoid stories that touch.. You will need to follow the owners manual...

Ok thanks sir.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Ephort: 4:44am On Feb 12, 2019
Motorguru, you are doing a great job here. well-done. More fire to ur burner.
Pls, I'm aboit to own my first car woth a budget of 700k to 800k. Someone offered Honda EOD to me @800k, but I've heard negative stories about Honda ball joint pull.
Looking @ my budget, which cars would u recommend that have minimal issues. Is the EOD 005/004 okay?

Thanks bro.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 8:02am On Feb 12, 2019
Ephort:
Motorguru, you are doing a great job here. well-done. More fire to ur burner.
Pls, I'm aboit to own my first car woth a budget of 700k to 800k. Someone offered Honda EOD to me @800k, but I've heard negative stories about Honda ball joint pull.
Looking @ my budget, which cars would u recommend that have minimal issues. Is the EOD 005/004 okay?

Thanks bro.

That amount can actually get you a clean used accord. But please ensure you get the car inspected very very well. Nigerian used cars (most of them) are evil.

Personally i would have advises u save up some more up to (1.3 million) and get the toks or a very clean used Corrola

1 Like

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 9:41am On Feb 12, 2019
here for you
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by tjfasasi(m): 11:23am On Feb 12, 2019
Dear MotorGuru,
God bless for your good work.
I have these codes below on my Honda Civic (2014)
P0420 - Cstalyst efficiency below threshold (Bank 2) & P0128 - Coolant temperature below thermostat regulating temperature.

Suggested permanent solutions will be highly appreciated because it has been cleared but always come back.

Thank you
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by habeeb246(m): 11:38am On Feb 12, 2019
habeeb246:
Hello Motorguru welldone, i have been wondering why Toyota Camry 2010 is much more better than 2009, is it that obvious ?
motorguru ? Got a cheap 2009 but the mech insists 2010 is far better
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 2:15pm On Feb 12, 2019
habeeb246:
motorguru ? Got a cheap 2009 but the mech insists 2010 is far better

Haa it is far better sir.

Better, reliable and more powerful engine (2.5l vs 2.4 l) The 4 cyl engine is cheaper as a result.
better and more reliable gearbox for the 4 cyl and v6
better looks
Better sound insulation.
Better resale value.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 2:18pm On Feb 12, 2019
tjfasasi:
Dear MotorGuru,
God bless for your good work.
I have these codes below on my Honda Civic (2014)
P0420 - Cstalyst efficiency below threshold (Bank 2) & P0128 - Coolant temperature below thermostat regulating temperature.

Suggested permanent solutions will be highly appreciated because it has been cleared but always comes back.

Thank you

for code 1, there are 2 possibliltes:
a. The catalyst is getting bad
b. You have a leak in your exhaust system

for code 2, your thermostat has been removed. it seems you suffered form overheating before ?
Reinstall your thermostat.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (34) (Reply)

Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video / Would You Buy This Joystick & Butt-Shaped Car? (Photos) / Man Uses "Juju" To Secure His Car After It Broke Down In A Ghetto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.