Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,376 members, 7,815,798 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... (62184 Views)

You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians / Buy & Fix Your Motor Windscreen / Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by kingslly(m): 3:22pm On Jan 11, 2019
You are welcome.
Please one last question;does it improve fuel efficiency?
MotorGuru:

Thank you sir for your kind words.
You can ask Gazzuzz on the forum. or better still you can order it online through ebay.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 8:06pm On Jan 11, 2019
kingslly:
You are welcome.
Please one last question;does it improve fuel efficiency?

Strictly speaking, the sensor is for emmisions only, monitoring the catalytic converter efficiency.

There is marginal impact to fuel economy.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by kingslly(m): 8:28pm On Jan 11, 2019
alright thanks.
MotorGuru:

Strictly speaking, the sensor is for emmisions only, monitoring the catalytic converter efficiency.

There is marginal impact to fuel economy.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by nevplus(m): 2:35pm On Jan 13, 2019
Please advise me on this car, c230 2005 model.I want to buy it.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 5:39pm On Jan 13, 2019
nevplus:
Please advise me on this car, c230 2005 model.I want to buy it.

It is a good car. Are you buying used or toks.?

Pls ensure you perform detailed vehicle inspection before purchase.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by H0Dinteriors: 2:42pm On Jan 14, 2019
I'm planing on buying a used 2006 corolla sport, how reliable is it and what should I look out for upon inspection.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 11:07am On Jan 15, 2019
H0Dinteriors:
I'm planing on buying a used 2006 corolla sport, how reliable is it and what should I look out for upon inspection.

It is a very good car, and it is quite difficult to fault the car.
There are many aspects of a used vehicle that needs to be inspected when shopping for a used car.
I would suggest you get an experienced hand to help you with the inspection. You can contact Gazzuzz or Mayor2013 on this forum if you are in Lagos.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by H0Dinteriors: 12:05pm On Jan 15, 2019
MotorGuru:

It is a very good car, and it is quite difficult to fault the car.
There are many aspects of a used vehicle that needs to be inspected when shopping for a used car.
I would suggest you get an experienced hand to help you with the inspection. You can contact Gazzuzz or Mayor2013 on this forum if you are in Lagos.

Thanks much
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Naanshepnick: 1:23am On Jan 18, 2019
Pls car guru

Btw Benz c320 and c280 which one will u recommend for and production year based on fuel economy, reliability and cheap maintenance cost.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 9:15am On Jan 18, 2019
Naanshepnick:
Pls car guru

Btw Benz c320 and c280 which one will u recommend for and production year based on fuel economy, reliability and cheap maintenance cost.

What year are we talking about sir?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Deprofessional(m): 11:04am On Jan 18, 2019
Sir, which, between 2006 Rav4 and 2007 CRV, would you recommend in terms of general performance.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 2:37pm On Jan 18, 2019
Deprofessional:
Sir, which, between 2006 Rav4 and 2007 CRV, would you recommend in terms of general performance.

There are both direct competitors.
They will both serve very well.

Watch out for excessive oil consumption concerns for the rav4 4 cyl.
Weak suspension is another concern for the Rav4.

I would love the Honda, Personally.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Deprofessional(m): 3:03pm On Jan 18, 2019
MotorGuru:

There are both direct competitors.
They will both serve very well.

Watch out for excessive oil consumption concerns for the rav4 4 cyl.
Weak suspension is another concern for the Rav4.

I would love the Honda, Personally.

Is this model affected by the K-leg syndrome?

I mean crv 2007.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Naanshepnick: 3:10pm On Jan 18, 2019
MotorGuru:

What year are we talking about sir?
2006 Nigerian used
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 4:13pm On Jan 18, 2019
Deprofessional:

Is this model affected by the K-leg syndrome?

I mean crv 2007.
rarely.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 4:15pm On Jan 18, 2019
Naanshepnick:

2006 Nigerian used

Both are good cars. Since it is 2006, it is reasonably safe.

But being Nigerian used... Please do due diligence by performing comprehensive vehicle inspection.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by sunbreaker: 11:05pm On Jan 18, 2019
MotorGuru:
Free and unbiased consultations on vehicle diagnosis and fixes.

I am ready so Fire on!
good day bros,which of these car you can recommend for new car user elantra2007/2008,Honda civic2006/2007 and corrolla 2006/2007.pls I need ur good advice.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 11:38am On Jan 19, 2019
sunbreaker:
good day bros,which of these car you can recommend for new car user elantra2007/2008,Honda civic2006/2007 and corrolla 2006/2007.pls I need ur good advice.

They are all good cars.

For the Hyundai, i would recommend the american specs
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by nevplus(m): 1:12pm On Jan 19, 2019
[quote author=MotorGuru post=74727612]

It is a good car. Are you buying used or toks.?

Pls ensure you perform detailed vehicle inspection before purcho

@moto guru . I m buying toks
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by lighthousearc: 1:35pm On Jan 19, 2019
Hi guys i drive an RX350 2010 model, i went to diagnose my car and it says the Steering Angle Sensor is faulty...Experts in the house whats the function of a Steering Angle Sensor.

thanks
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 1:37pm On Jan 19, 2019
[quote author=nevplus post=74912614][/quote]

That will be a better decision.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 1:45pm On Jan 19, 2019
lighthousearc:
Hi guys i drive an RX350 2010 model, i went to diagnose my car and it says the Steering Angle Sensor is faulty...Experts in the house whats the function of a Steering Angle Sensor.

thanks

The Steering angle sensor works with your Vehicle stability control (VSC) system which in simple terms prevents you from spinning out of control when you negotiate a sharp bend or corner at high speed due to excessive (or not enough) steering input. It does this by selectively braking specific wheels to either avoid over-steer (fishtailing ) or under-steer.

It is important you fix the problem (likely a calibration problem) because this will disable your VSC system (your VSC light will be on). Did you recently do an alignment work that required them to remove your steering wheel?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by afuyebusayo: 1:58pm On Jan 19, 2019
Pls what's the best engine oil and ATF gear oil for Honda accord EOD 2005 model?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by lighthousearc: 2:21pm On Jan 19, 2019
MotorGuru:

The Steering angle sensor works with your Vehicle stability control (VSC) system which in simple terms prevents you from spinning out of control when you negotiate a sharp bend or corner at high speed due to excessive (or not enough) steering input. It does this by selectively braking specific wheels to either avoid over-steer (fishtailing ) or under-steer.

It is important you fix the problem (likely a calibration problem) because this will disable your VSC system (your VSC light will be on). Did you recently do an alignment work that required them to remove your steering wheel?

I see, i did alignment but the steering wheel wasn't removed... the AFS and AWD system light is on. Any idea how much to fix that? thanks
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 2:56pm On Jan 19, 2019
lighthousearc:

I see, i did alignment but the steering wheel wasn't removed... the AFS and AWD system light is on. Any idea how much to fix that? thanks

You may just need a recallibration. If you are in Lagos you can contact Gazzuzz on this forum.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by lighthousearc: 3:08pm On Jan 19, 2019
MotorGuru:

You may just need a recalibration. If you are in Lagos you can contact Gazzuzz on this forum.
by the way the car was upgraded to 2014 bumper and kit. so i don't know if that could be the reason.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 4:15pm On Jan 19, 2019
lighthousearc:
by the way the car was upgraded to 2014 bumper and kit. so i don't know if that could be the reason.

You are safe in that respect sir wink
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by lighthousearc: 5:58pm On Jan 19, 2019
MotorGuru:

You are safe in that respect sir wink

thank you
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by sunbreaker: 9:48pm On Jan 19, 2019
MotorGuru:

They are all good cars.

For the Hyundai, i would recommend the american specs
thanks bro
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by citizen202(m): 10:13am On Jan 20, 2019
bros I hail ooh ...I jus bought a bora Volkswagen car , while bringing it from Benin the car overheated that it burnt the top gasket... is the car reliable I want to use it for uber business in porthacourt
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 7:23am On Jan 21, 2019
citizen202:
bros I hail ooh ...I jus bought a bora Volkswagen car , while bringing it from Benin the car overheated that it burnt the top gasket... is the car reliable I want to use it for uber business in porthacourt

It may be quite fragile for such sir. Why dont you consider Japanese alternatives?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Deprofessional(m): 9:46am On Jan 21, 2019
Motorguru,
please can you educate us on V6 and I4 engine configuration.

Why are people afraid of anything V6?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / This Is What Happens When You Buy A Car To Impress The Society / Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.