Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Fredrick Nwabufo: Chimamanda Adichie Will Lead Women To ‘Hell’ - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fredrick Nwabufo: Chimamanda Adichie Will Lead Women To ‘Hell’ (26730 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: Chimamanda Adichie Will Lead Women To ‘Hell’ by Foodforthought: 4:15pm On Apr 24, 2018
shaybebaby:
Like you said, it's a public forum. I do as I please with my MB.
Okay I've heard. Just leave me alone
Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: Chimamanda Adichie Will Lead Women To ‘Hell’ by donstan18: 4:16pm On Apr 24, 2018
Mindfulness:

But you are still a m*oron. grin And an insecure one for that matter. grin grin
Don't misuse your chance of ignoring and saving your ass from me grin
You won!
Your next mention will be repaid with a higher measure of savage. I promise.

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: Chimamanda Adichie Will Lead Women To ‘Hell’ by Trottle: 4:33pm On Apr 24, 2018
InHim4Him:

And in your small mind you think you have said something?
Boss, no mind him jare.

Don't you know he's Voltron, defender of the Feminists.
Imagine statements like: "her speech is for intellectual people", She's from a higher realm...

Everybody just want to sound smart.

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: Chimamanda Adichie Will Lead Women To ‘Hell’ by crazymommy(f): 4:36pm On Apr 24, 2018
lol majority of ceec supporters were naija feminists and southafricans and according to them they are supporting her because she is a feminist and according to them feminism is the real definition of a strong woman who is brave and courageous even in a society where women are frowned upon......now look at ceec character.....that says alot about the so called feminism........feminism is not what we women need....what women should focus on is MUTUAL RESPECT!!!!!!!when people in the world respect each other then there will be no gender wars........whether man or woman......this feminism of a thing is getting stale and some women are now using “feminism” to carry their own evil agenda including lesbianism.....

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: Chimamanda Adichie Will Lead Women To ‘Hell’ by Saintmary(f): 4:38pm On Apr 24, 2018
AHCB:
its only a matter of time. first it was toke makinwa, now it will be the turn of adichie. these women who go about challenging natural order will soon find themselves at the receiving end of it all
Your comment is deplorable. So, you are sitting down somewhere waiting for the downfall of your fellow human being. Natural order my foot.

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: Chimamanda Adichie Will Lead Women To ‘Hell’ by Saintmary(f): 4:43pm On Apr 24, 2018
I was initially irritated by the incident until I realised she was only courting controversy, like all professional writers do. Thank you Nigerians, for putting her in the spotlight where she wants to be.

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: Chimamanda Adichie Will Lead Women To ‘Hell’ by DopeAngel(m): 4:45pm On Apr 24, 2018
milloguy:
[s] I know this is the time for Nigerians to start writing gibberish. CHIMAMANDA spoke to an enlightened audience, now Nigerians in their usual self are abusing and spewing thrash as usual. A former US presidential aspirant didn't find fault but some unknown alpha male, typical Nigerian ego centric maniac tries to fault her assertion. Her feminism is not for you Nwabufo neither is it for all Nigerian men who have failed to uplift women. Her opinion is hers and not yours..if you fail to grasp her intellectual point, please will you keep kwayeet!!..sometimes some things people in higher realm understand will never make any sense to you.

But seriously Americans and Brits haven't argued her point about feminism but only almighty smart Nigerian men including freeze has been spewing rubbish all over the internet. #isupportwomen #blackwoman #strongrock #blackisbeautiful #feminism [/s]
trash. you didnt make any sense. try harder next time

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: Chimamanda Adichie Will Lead Women To ‘Hell’ by crazymommy(f): 4:45pm On Apr 24, 2018
Saintmary:
I was initially irritated by the incident until I realised she was only courting controversy, like all professional writers do. Thank you Nigerians, for putting her in the spotlight where she wants to be.
Anybody can be in the spotlight,it only depends on the kind of spotlight you want whether positive or negative...even ceec of big brother naija is now in the spotlight in her small mind

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: Chimamanda Adichie Will Lead Women To ‘Hell’ by DopeAngel(m): 4:51pm On Apr 24, 2018
martineverest:
Nigerians are confused sha...

chimamanda asked Clinton to clarify something she didn't understand...she clarified her and they both move on with the discussion.....the Clintons aren't complaining,americans aren't ...but useless Nigerian social media warlords are busy swallowing paracetamol on another person's headache..even Clinton has decided to correct it

laziness and senselesssness everywhere
this is the most stupid comment i have read on this thread. lol what are you saying. did you actually think before commenting. you didnt make any sense. others are arguing amanda is wrong, which of course she is wrong! some are saying she is right. you are neither left nor right. your post is bereaved of actual sense. truckload of trash

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: Chimamanda Adichie Will Lead Women To ‘Hell’ by Saintmary(f): 4:54pm On Apr 24, 2018
crazymommy:
Anybody can be in the spotlight,it only depends on the kind of spotlight you want whether positive or negative...even ceec of big brother naija is now in the spotlight in her small mind
good point
Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: Chimamanda Adichie Will Lead Women To ‘Hell’ by DopeAngel(m): 4:58pm On Apr 24, 2018
Mindfulness:

You have spoken my mind. Nigerian 'alpha males' are hyperventilating because she asked a question without even understanding where she is coming from. Insecure bunch. grin
where was she coming from? lol you are a funny ass. just want to act like you know too much.

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: Chimamanda Adichie Will Lead Women To ‘Hell’ by DopeAngel(m): 5:04pm On Apr 24, 2018
IgboticGirl:

i wish i can like ur comment 100 times

African are dumb especially Nigerian
. . . and your parents are working hard to pay your school fees. My dear try to improve on your written english before you come to insult "african" especially "nigerian" lol. . . Just imagine

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: Chimamanda Adichie Will Lead Women To ‘Hell’ by princfred(m): 5:05pm On Apr 24, 2018
crazymommy:
lol majority of ceec supporters were naija feminists and southafricans and according to them they are supporting her because she is a feminist and according to them feminism is the real definition of a strong woman who is brave and courageous even in a society where women are frowned upon......now look at ceec character.....that says alot about the so called feminism........feminism is not what we women need....what women should focus on is MUTUAL RESPECT!!!!!!!when people in the world respect each other then there will be no gender wars........whether man or woman......this feminism of a thing is getting stale and some women are now using “feminism” to carry their own evil agenda including lesbianism.....
You make brain there madam.

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: Chimamanda Adichie Will Lead Women To ‘Hell’ by Doctormarrvin: 5:05pm On Apr 24, 2018
Mindfulness:

In Nigeria women (and men) are pressured into marriage. And once they get married, they are pressured to push out babies asap. Some people are even too narrow-minded to understand that a person will want to choose a different lifestyle. Why does anyone think that marriage defines who you are? Mrs Adichie is right! She is coming from the perspective of a Nigerian woman. Having the Mrs title is a do or die affair for many because people will not give such wo/men rest until they get married and they will feel a constant pressure to justify their lifestyle. This is ridiculous. Even pedophiles and murderes get married, prostitutes and psychos, does it upgrade or define who they really are? There are too many dysfunctional homes, some people are better off single or in open relationships, others prefer polygamy. We can't all be the same. Don't pressure people to do what they may regret later and let people leave the legacy they want to. You got married and had children? Hope you are happy, but it does not define who you are and certainly there is nothing special about it.
you're correct about the importance attached to marriages in Nigeria. You're correct about the pressure wo/men feel to get married. I've been a strong supporter of Chimamanda but I don't see why she has to talk about somebody's Choice of title. She (chimamanda) also questioned Bill Clinton's Choice of omission of the husband title. She indirectly put it to Hillary that Bill Clinton doesn't share her (Hillary's) level of commitment to their marriage,thats just borderline intrusive and poke nosey. You can be a feminist superwoman and not put people in uncomfortable situations. I agree with your points as they are fact but I do not share your support of chimamanda.

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: Chimamanda Adichie Will Lead Women To ‘Hell’ by chukzyfcbb: 5:07pm On Apr 24, 2018
ucee64:

The more you meet people like this woman or even hear her talk the more you understand why Noah took more of Animals instead of Humans into his ark...
haha guy you get bad mouth o
Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: Chimamanda Adichie Will Lead Women To ‘Hell’ by Trottle: 5:08pm On Apr 24, 2018
Mindfulness:

Feminism does not seek to replace men or to disempower them but yes women rights go hand in hand with a better economy, a decline in the poverty rate, less crime and less bigotry. Women have not been granted the same opportunities in the past so very few women could build empires (if this is anything to brag about because imperialism oppressed peoples for ages) and you are right in that women tend to participate in beauty pageants and modeling etc. It is part of the socialization that feminism seeks to alter in that it wants women to have more choices. Traditionally, women were asked to look pretty, get married and look after their homes so what you have described here is the result of such traditions. Nothing wrong with women in the beauty industry but why does it have to be the norm? And why are people, men and women, judged on the basis on their marital status? How does it define anyone? Just because you settled down, does not make you a better person. At times it makes you even more miserable. You can celebrate your marriage but do not think it makes you better or happier, even i*diots and murderers get married. And that is the crux of the matter, why would you use your marital status to describe yourself? What is so special about it? It is more special to live your life the way you want it even if it goes against anyone's expectations. This, requires strength. Anyone can conform, not everyone can rebel and lead.

Ma'am,

Feminism is not a grass root movement that it's painted to be, it's a Social engineering by elite to grab power, not to empower the female, but to empower the government (as the new patriarch) and distabilize the family. Feminism hates both men and women. Can't you see it. It think you've read too much McKinsey reports to think that "women's right" improves economic conditions. That's inaccurate. A one-income household in the 60s-70s has the same purchasing power as a two -income household today, and that without the evils of today. Feminism is to exploit the females (of the goyim), and make more money, while leaving the children vulnerable. You people don't just get it.

Again, women (with very few exceptions) are not suited to build empires. Women are the internal force, the heart of the home, and balances the external force (the man). Mere look at a woman's figure will tell you she's meant to be protected, not building some empire. Settling down has been known to make people better. That's the rule, not the exception! Even prostitutes and ex-con have careers, so don't rubbish marriage here.

Describing your self with your Marital status shows you're a SPECIAL someone who wants to participate in the natural cycle of life et al. Your next point os CONTRADICTORY. Living your life against anyone's expectations could mean getting married and being a stay at home mum, catering for the kids! Going against anyone's expectations does not directly translates to chasing a career.

Thanks!

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: Chimamanda Adichie Will Lead Women To ‘Hell’ by DopeAngel(m): 5:11pm On Apr 24, 2018
Kinggnicole:
[s] Some Nigerians are taking this issue so personal.
I checked Clinton's bio yesterday and I noticed there was no 'wife ' anymore. It's apparent she understood what adichie was trying to point out and a lot of them do.
Trust Nigerians to look for the slightest opportunity to vent their frustration. [/s]
going to check hillary clinton's bio shows you are actually jobless. just go and sit your pussy in one place. you still remain a faceless profiler on nairaland whose opinion about nigerians does not hold water. peace!

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: Chimamanda Adichie Will Lead Women To ‘Hell’ by itsandi(m): 5:11pm On Apr 24, 2018
Interesting smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: Chimamanda Adichie Will Lead Women To ‘Hell’ by Trottle: 5:15pm On Apr 24, 2018
kennygee:

So Feminism is a blessing? Aren't there black pole who just have kids they can take care of. The Obamas must be whites. There are also white people who have baby daddy issues, those who don't are abortion regulars so that doesn't count.

Ma'am, they can't see the contradictions in their posts. Everybody wants to sound sensible. They need to just explore more.

I don't know the "Whites" he's talking about. It better not be European and American women.
If it's the set of women above, then I see him as someone who doesn't even know what he's talking about!
Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: Chimamanda Adichie Will Lead Women To ‘Hell’ by Kinggnicole(f): 5:17pm On Apr 24, 2018
[quote author=DopeAngel post=66993798] going to check hillary clinton's bio shows you are actually jobless. just go and sit your pussy in one place. you still remain a faceless profiler on nairaland whose opinion about nigerians does not hold water. peace! [/q

I'm so sure you also checked her bio and found out that what I stated is true. That's why you are so pained.

Pained fellow
pele
you go dey alright
Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: Chimamanda Adichie Will Lead Women To ‘Hell’ by DopeAngel(m): 5:17pm On Apr 24, 2018
tribalmall:

Your father is a failure as big as Nigeria. Why did your father not fix Nigeria when those that fixed Europe fixed it ? Even the Chinese are no longer lamenting they shut up n fixed their country but what will rettards like you do daily on NL ?

Wail ! Wail n wail some more every other days like millions of your failed dead brained tribesmen. People went to war, some spent a lifetime in jail just to make their country work. I am yet to see any that wailed their country from a third world country to a first.

How some of you lame n pathetic Igbos, male n female think that is the solution is appalling. Get you lazy ass up n start working instead of wailing day n night motherfucker
LOL grin you wicked man. although am igbo i could not help but agree more. jobless asses sit faceless behind their monitor and argue and post on nairaland from morning till night wasting time and energy trying to form intellects. lol seun is in one corner making his money. fools!

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: Chimamanda Adichie Will Lead Women To ‘Hell’ by DopeAngel(m): 5:21pm On Apr 24, 2018
[quote author=Kinggnicole post=66994007][/quote] blah blah blah. You could not even quote properly. lol just go sit down abeg.
Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: Chimamanda Adichie Will Lead Women To ‘Hell’ by Elxandre(m): 5:24pm On Apr 24, 2018
This woman can break a home.

How can you be upset that someone is proud of her marital status?

I just wonder how the husband copes at home, because simple stuff like "help me get a glass of water when coming from the kitchen" might result in some wahala. grin

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: Chimamanda Adichie Will Lead Women To ‘Hell’ by Kinggnicole(f): 5:25pm On Apr 24, 2018
DopeAngel:
blah blah blah. You could not even quote properly. lol just go sit down abeg.

lol. OK I've quoted you PROPERLY now. Hope you feel better?
Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: Chimamanda Adichie Will Lead Women To ‘Hell’ by DopeAngel(m): 5:27pm On Apr 24, 2018
Trottle:

Boss, no mind him jare.

Don't you know he's Voltron, defender of the Feminists.
Imagine statements like: "her speech is for intellectual people", She's from a higher realm...

Everybody just want to sound smart.
as in eh. the thing tire me. It is only on nairaland that i have seen that just because someone does not agree with your opinion, the person is not intellectually sound. And most of them spend their entire time on nairaland. I wonder if these set of nairalander's (the self acclaimed intellectuals) have anything positive they do in real life. I mean they spend and waste too much of their time here for a hustling human. Wtf

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: Chimamanda Adichie Will Lead Women To ‘Hell’ by themusketeer: 5:37pm On Apr 24, 2018
milloguy:
I know this is the time for Nigerians to start writing gibberish. CHIMAMANDA spoke to an enlightened audience, now Nigerians in their usual self are abusing and spewing thrash as usual. A former US presidential aspirant didn't find fault but some unknown alpha male, typical Nigerian ego centric maniac tries to fault her assertion. Her feminism is not for you Nwabufo neither is it for all Nigerian men who have failed to uplift women. Her opinion is hers and not yours..if you fail to grasp her intellectual point, please will you keep kwayeet!!..sometimes some things people in higher realm understand will never make any sense to you.

But seriously Americans and Brits haven't argued her point about feminism but only almighty smart Nigerian men including freeze has been spewing rubbish all over the internet. #isupportwomen #blackwoman #strongrock #blackisbeautiful #feminism

As you have rightfully said “her opinion is hers” but why is she questioning or trying to discredit someone’s (Hilary) opinion of being a Wife first? I want to believe Hilary wasn’t forced to put it there. That is what she want to be known for first (A wife) . Are you telling me she doesn’t have a right to call her self anything she want?

Like the honorable gentleman has said .. all you are doing with the vonom laced type of feminism is captivating the females the more.

It is an hororary thing to be a wife, mother, father , housewife , househusband etc. we can be whatever we chose to be. Stop trying to force an idea of how you want them to be

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: Chimamanda Adichie Will Lead Women To ‘Hell’ by authority2006(m): 5:41pm On Apr 24, 2018
milloguy:
I know this is the time for Nigerians to start writing gibberish. CHIMAMANDA spoke to an enlightened audience, now Nigerians in their usual self are abusing and spewing thrash as usual. A former US presidential aspirant didn't find fault but some unknown alpha male, typical Nigerian ego centric maniac tries to fault her assertion. Her feminism is not for you Nwabufo neither is it for all Nigerian men who have failed to uplift women. Her opinion is hers and not yours.. if you fail to grasp her intellectual point, please will you keep kwayeet!!..sometimes some things people in higher realm understand will never make any sense to you.

But seriously Americans and Brits haven't argued her point about feminism but only almighty smart Nigerian men including freeze has been spewing rubbish all over the internet. #isupportwomen #blackwoman #strongrock #blackisbeautiful #feminism

Seems like the lady herself needs enlightenment on the subject matter. Feminism emphasise CHOICE and FREEDOM among men and women to be who they want to be and not to be overshadowed or controlled by the opposite gender.
Now, your lady is going against that by telling Hillary not to display WIFE on her page since her husband didn't display HUSBAND on his page. She forgot one thing, it was Hillary's choice, and that's the most important thing, what feminism stands for.

Her opinion that didn't respect the decision and choice of the person she was talking to?

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: Chimamanda Adichie Will Lead Women To ‘Hell’ by themusketeer: 5:44pm On Apr 24, 2018
Elxandre:
This woman can break a home.

How can you be upset that someone is proud of her marital status?

I just wonder how the husband copes at home, because simple stuff like "help me get a glass of water when coming from the kitchen" might result in some wahala. grin

That is their exact plan. Because they can’t keep a home they feel everybody should be miserable like they are.
Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: Chimamanda Adichie Will Lead Women To ‘Hell’ by chineduemmao: 5:57pm On Apr 24, 2018
kennygee:

Who is she?
have u checked her timeline?
Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: Chimamanda Adichie Will Lead Women To ‘Hell’ by chineduemmao: 6:00pm On Apr 24, 2018
Saintmary:
hehehe... nne which other spotlight does she need after featuring with beyonce?
Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: Chimamanda Adichie Will Lead Women To ‘Hell’ by MrGerald(m): 6:04pm On Apr 24, 2018
donstan18:
Why should I be bothered over this when I know that feminism won't and can never exist in Nigeria.

It's allowed to exist on social media, but not in reality in my country.

Why did she use social media means to seek Hillary Clinton's attention? cheesy, she should have traveled to USA to question her facially.
She asked her face to face my friend
Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: Chimamanda Adichie Will Lead Women To ‘Hell’ by chineduemmao: 6:08pm On Apr 24, 2018
ucee64:

The more you meet people like this woman or even hear her talk the more you understand why Noah took more of Animals instead of Humans into his ark...
na wa ooo this one weak me

Chimamanda Ngozi-adichie Celebrates Her 38th Birthday Today / The Last Wolf Series - Nemesis In Love / Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 81st Birthday Today

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68