Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,998 members, 7,835,350 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Pls, Advise Needed On Mother In Law - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls, Advise Needed On Mother In Law (5262 Views)

Can I Give Up The Marriage At This Stage..pls Advise Needed / My Sister-In-Law Staying With Us Atimes Knows When We Are Making Love.Pls Advise / A Thread To Celebrate Our Mothers On Mother's Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls, Advise Needed On Mother In Law by Shugarlord213: 9:02pm On Apr 24, 2018
All you know is to give birth and give birth and expect everyone to be your slave

Carry your problem and stop complaining like a cow

And if we do DNA test in those kids , the truth will come out
Re: Pls, Advise Needed On Mother In Law by KennyAyodeji(f): 9:38pm On Apr 24, 2018
enabledgoddess:
I wonder why mother in laws are like that. My neighbour's mother in law almost killed her when she delivered. It was so bad that she even prepare the woman's bathing water, and wash her cloth and bath baby herself. The woman only put the baby at her back. My mother in law is nice , but she won't help with house chores either . I gently called my husband to psyche her not to come. My mother helped a great deal. When mum left mother in law said she wanted to come. I said mama don't worry I can bathe baby myself. She got the message and stayed back. Whenever she comes for weekend , men I'm dead. I cook and cook and cook. Mother in law shouldn't come for omugwo they tend to be lazy but want everything done for them

To be fair to her , my mother in law is nice to a fault,she isn't just good with chores so I do them. @ op do what you can do and leave what you can't .

Tank u so much.
Re: Pls, Advise Needed On Mother In Law by KennyAyodeji(f): 9:42pm On Apr 24, 2018
ireneidiva:

Pot calling kettle black. See your own grammar.

Tank u. There are some things u need to neglect for u to get what u want. Pls, forget abt dis... Does not call for fight
Re: Pls, Advise Needed On Mother In Law by KennyAyodeji(f): 9:45pm On Apr 24, 2018
Sleekbaby:
Sister I understand the area you are driving at but please stop complaining, some mum are like that, they have passed through lots of stress in their lives that they see omugwo as an avenue to go and rest.
My mum is like that too so do your normal house choirs as if she is not around. Complaining will lead to problem. May God strengthen you.

Amen, tank u
Re: Pls, Advise Needed On Mother In Law by KennyAyodeji(f): 9:47pm On Apr 24, 2018
eyinjuege:
Employ someone that will help you do your chores, and let your husband allow his mother go back to her own home

Ok, tank u ma
Re: Pls, Advise Needed On Mother In Law by KennyAyodeji(f): 9:48pm On Apr 24, 2018
bujebudanu1:

I'm just to tried for anything this night. I will reply some other day
It is well. Pls, is ok
Re: Pls, Advise Needed On Mother In Law by KennyAyodeji(f): 9:51pm On Apr 24, 2018
Shugarlord213:
All you know is to give birth and give birth and expect everyone to be your slave

Lol! God have mercy.
Re: Pls, Advise Needed On Mother In Law by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 25, 2018
KennyAyodeji:

Not everyday my hubby give helping hand cox of d nature of his job. But before my MIL cm arnd, my hubby can assist me more Dan now, even we can both came back from work, still be d 1 to cook cox of my condition, but since wen MIL is arnd, he don't do all dat again.
If I should give d baby to MIL, she will just hold d baby crying, saying stop crying, while not pampering, and I will be force to carry d baby and care for.

Is just dat u don't understand, HV fdup b4 I voice out. But tanx for d advice, I will look 4 maid or try myself.
have u think about d expenses d maid will incurr while living with u & u will still pay salary,IMO u dont need a maid u have just 2 kids,u can manage & ur MIL took care of ur hubby,she will take care of her grandchild,leave d baby with her,stress can make u ill,no go kill urself let ur MIL be in charge of d baby but if u insist on a maid i wish u luck,we have mothers with 5 children who handle their home themselves

2 Likes

Re: Pls, Advise Needed On Mother In Law by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 25, 2018
bujebudanu1:
Well Your mother in law is not slave She might decide come and not come She came to take care of her grand child. I wouldnt tell my mum to sweep.cook.go to market as a man. Pls take care of your home and check for d grammars up there
bros long time no see
Re: Pls, Advise Needed On Mother In Law by Acidosis(m): 10:23am On Apr 25, 2018
Your MIL shouldn't be cooking your meals ma'am. She raised her son, raise yours. She has only come to see and take care of her grand child. Stop expecting too much from the old woman.

As regards the comparison with your mom, it is completely baseless. Nobody can be like your mom, and stop expecting people to be or act like your mom. It is NOT possible.

1 Like

Re: Pls, Advise Needed On Mother In Law by Eketem: 10:45am On Apr 25, 2018
I don't understand why people will keep having kids without being prepared for the responsibility.

You want an old woman to come and take care of your responsibilities because she is a grandma. How do women abroad whose mothers don't come for Omugwuo survive?

I refused any sort of Omugwuo, learned to bath my children myself and take care of them. I had a maid to help with house work anybody who came to visit just spent a week and left.

You cannot have a baby then depend on others to raise them.

Plan your life as if you and your husband are raising your kids alone

5 Likes

Re: Pls, Advise Needed On Mother In Law by bujebudanu1(m): 1:45pm On Apr 25, 2018
Preetiex:
bros long time no see

Aunty mi.how are u
Re: Pls, Advise Needed On Mother In Law by KennyAyodeji(f): 2:42pm On Apr 26, 2018
Acidosis:
Your MIL shouldn't be cooking your meals ma'am. She raised her son, raise yours. She has only come to see and take care of her grand child. Stop expecting too much from the old woman.

As regards the comparison with your mom, it is completely baseless. Nobody can be like your mom, and stop expecting people to be or act like your mom. It is NOT possible.

Read and understand!
Re: Pls, Advise Needed On Mother In Law by blesskewe(f): 9:33am On Apr 27, 2018
Simply get a maid
Re: Pls, Advise Needed On Mother In Law by Preciouzword: 12:20pm On Apr 27, 2018
Why source for family recognition when you can be a part of our gallery world. Just send us(momsall.com) your photos and we will build a world around it. We would love to have you and your family with us as we build love in every home. We live for your presence.
Photos allowed are:
-Maternity photos
-Family photos
-Moms&Kids photos
-Dads&Kids photos
-Babies&Kids photos
-Cute mom&dad shots
Send to momsall.uk@gmail.com
Let's see who has got the best shot.
https://momsall.com/5-ways-to-discipline-your-kids-is-spanking-the-best/
Re: Pls, Advise Needed On Mother In Law by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:42pm On Apr 27, 2018
Shugarlord213:

You're a fool. Shugarlord213.

1 Like

Re: Pls, Advise Needed On Mother In Law by ImaIma1(f): 7:19pm On Apr 27, 2018
Bellarod05:
Do you know I was once in your shoe?....Mil was deliberately making my home unbearable... I had to do all the cooking,wash my hubby cloth including my own the baby and even my MIL own,soon my husband brother joined us and he couldn't do anything too except wash his own cloth..I do all the house chores like Tommorrow no dey,
If am cooking and my baby cry,I will leave whatever am doing to breastfeed my baby,instead of me been taking care since it was just 5 days of childbirth I was the taking care of them...my husband understand and was trying to assist me but my MIL gave him some attitude that he is a sissy(woman wrapper)and my husband withdrew..
You know what I did.....I called my husband in the middle of the night and explain heart to heart discussion with him..I told him I need to start taking care of my baby and take care of myself too.he understood and told me he knows what to do..
To cut the long story short...I endure this for complete one month when I already knew my baby is stronger and jokingly Mil was trying to tease us she will be leaving...My husband gladly told her he will be dropping her off to the garage..I pretended I wasn't happy for her leaving but she said my hubby didn't want her maybe she was eating too much.
Believe me MIL Can eat more than 5 times and I have to do the Cooking,I was getting skinny my MIL was getting fat despite that she will still chose the food she want like. Iyawo( can I get amala with egusi soup? You know I ate rice in the morning)...Be patient with her because of her saying all sort of bad things about you if you give her attitude... At worst she might spend 6month with you guys..This is why most celebrities marriages don't last because they can't endure most of these things.....MY piece of advice.

Men!! I raise hand for you. You tried. I would have just carried my baby very early one morning and disappeared. My case was not that bad but not great.

I have learnt my lesson and for my 2nd, i will tell my MIL not to stress herself. I will go and stay with my sister and cross my leg and be taken care of. I can't do that stress again.

1 Like

Re: Pls, Advise Needed On Mother In Law by Bellarod05: 10:41pm On Apr 27, 2018
My sister its better that way oo
For people that has mothers sisters and relative to assist for such period I count them so lucky..
We just two in my family..myself and my brother. Mum and dad is late and my elder brother too is married... So am all alone...Can't invite anybody to help out..But if you can tell MIL to stay in her house the better because some of them are looking for a comfort zone.
ImaIma1:

Men!! I raise hand for you. You tried. I would have just carried my baby very early one morning and disappeared. My case was not that bad but not great.

I have learnt my lesson and for my 2nd, i will tell my MIL not to stress herself. I will go and stay with my sister and cross my leg and be taken care of. I can't do that stress again.
Re: Pls, Advise Needed On Mother In Law by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 27, 2018
Oyindidi:
Very simple, tell her not to come when you deliver.
See your crayfish mouth
Re: Pls, Advise Needed On Mother In Law by Oyindidi(f): 3:41am On Apr 28, 2018
FortifiedCity:
See your crayfish mouth
Like your own
Re: Pls, Advise Needed On Mother In Law by KennyAyodeji(f): 3:56pm On Apr 28, 2018
Shugarlord213:

Must u comment? Y can't u pass-by.

All woman cannot be like u. Me DNA? Its not ur fault.

Useless tin
Re: Pls, Advise Needed On Mother In Law by KennyAyodeji(f): 4:40pm On Apr 28, 2018
Eketem:
I don't understand why people will keep having kids without being prepared for the responsibility.

You want an old woman to come and take care of your responsibilities because she is a grandma. How do women abroad whose mothers don't come for Omugwuo survive?

I refused any sort of Omugwuo, learned to bath my children myself and take care of them. I had a maid to help with house work anybody who came to visit just spent a week and left.

You cannot have a baby then depend on others to raise them.

Plan your life as if you and your husband are raising your kids alone

Don't just comment, read and understand. u don't no who u r charting with sometime. Must u comment? Who told u is not plan for? Nonsense...
Re: Pls, Advise Needed On Mother In Law by frozen70(f): 11:00pm On Apr 28, 2018
KennyAyodeji:
Pls, I don't no what to do, and I don't want to offend her non myself.

My mother in-law, do comes around after delivery, but she can't do anything for you as assistant, but it really painful, cox it reminds me of my late mother, that if I have a mother, all dis will not have happened to me.

When I have my 1st child when she came, all she will do is to tell me to arrange baby bath, then back her after bath, I will be d 1 to wash, cook, go to market even wen it not convenient, but am strong in my 1st child delivery.

In my 2nd delivery, its not convenient @all like 1st, cox am too weak, can't do most work, but I will still try, while she back d baby, and later lay her down and sleep beside her. My leg will be checking on ground, even my eyes blunt and weakness over d body joint, to d extend dat neighbor and friends told me am stressing myself too much dat I need rest...

I have to explained dis to my hubby, and my hubby called her to be doing dis and dat for me, but what my mother in-law use to do is, until u called her to do dis b4 she can do it, if u don't, she will leave it for u, and I can't be calling her to do any work except she pick it up herself. Even mid-9t, she slept while d baby and I is on vigil...

Now, I don't want to offend her, myself and my hubby(cox he help wen he's around, so caring in all area, even before he goes to work, he sweep everywhere, bath his 1st child sometimes. But if I tell him again, he will tell me to call her), but I don't no what to do Advice needed...
Overlook her she is not staying there for long or forever.
Endure whatever it is for peace to rain in your husband family.
If you attack her then be ready to face the rest members of your husband family expecially the women. Thank your God for the supportive husband that you have that's the most important of it all. Ask those that doesn't have a supportive husband the hell they are going through.

1 Like

Re: Pls, Advise Needed On Mother In Law by KennyAyodeji(f): 2:53pm On Apr 29, 2018
frozen70:

Overlook her she is not staying there for long or forever.
Endure whatever it is for peace to rain in your husband family.
If you attack her then be ready to face the rest members of your husband family expecially the women. Thank your God for the supportive husband that you have that's the most important of it all. Ask those that doesn't have a supportive husband the hell they are going through.

Awww! Tank u so much.
Re: Pls, Advise Needed On Mother In Law by mabea: 4:04pm On Apr 29, 2018
KennyAyodeji:

Thank you bros, it seem u understand me far better.

MIL was d one telling me not to worry, she will do like mother to me whenever she c me talking about my mother. She nos wats right from d wrong, I no what am saying. But most people here tot am just talking against her. Honestly, I tuk her as my mother, whatever I can give my mother I gv her, dats d only aspect I don't like about her, and dat does not stop my love towards her. But its always painful whenever she's doing dis... Tanx for ur understanding.
Re: Pls, Advise Needed On Mother In Law by mabea: 4:06pm On Apr 29, 2018
KennyAyodeji:

Thank you bros, it seem u understand me far better.

MIL was d one telling me not to worry, she will do like mother to me whenever she c me talking about my mother. She nos wats right from d wrong, I no what am saying. But most people here tot am just talking against her. Honestly, I tuk her as my mother, whatever I can give my mother I gv her, dats d only aspect I don't like about her, and dat does not stop my love towards her. But its always painful whenever she's doing dis... Tanx for ur understanding.
See eh, some mothers do this to their daughters too so it's not just peculiar to mils alone.

1 Like

Re: Pls, Advise Needed On Mother In Law by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 30, 2018
KennyAyodeji:

Not everyday my hubby give helping hand cox of d nature of his job. But before my MIL cm arnd, my hubby can assist me more Dan now, even we can both came back from work, still be d 1 to cook cox of my condition, but since wen MIL is arnd, he don't do all dat again.
If I should give d baby to MIL, she will just hold d baby crying, saying stop crying, while not pampering, and I will be force to carry d baby and care for.

Is just dat u don't understand, HV fdup b4 I voice out. But tanx for d advice, I will look 4 maid or try myself.

I was once in that situation, funny enough I did not take it to be a serious ish. My mum does not like to carry babies even her grandchildren but will spoil them silly with gifts, MIL behaves classic n will not carry children in the right position. u see, I have to be strong n do my things jejely. but hubby suffered it sha, cos he will come back from office n continue from where I stopped. Lastly, I tell myself what if am in a country where I don't know anyone, won't I take care of my how n kids? please answer that sincerely n free ur mind.

1 Like

Re: Pls, Advise Needed On Mother In Law by Eketem: 9:15pm On Apr 30, 2018
KennyAyodeji:

Don't just comment, read and understand. u don't no who u r charting with sometime. Must u comment? Who told u is not plan for? Nonsense...

Keep being nasty. Nobody asked you to have a baby
Re: Pls, Advise Needed On Mother In Law by Eketem: 9:16pm On Apr 30, 2018
Acidosis:

She is a nasty person abusing everybody who tells her the truth
Re: Pls, Advise Needed On Mother In Law by owillowill: 9:29pm On Apr 30, 2018
Ma, just arrange for yourself a part-time house help to help you do the house chores while you take care of your baby and yourself...live your normal life. May GOD strengthen you

1 Like

Re: Pls, Advise Needed On Mother In Law by KennyAyodeji(f): 6:12pm On May 02, 2018
MumD:

I was once in that situation, funny enough I did not take it to be a serious ish. My mum does not like to carry babies even her grandchildren but will spoil them silly with gifts, MIL behaves classic n will not carry children in the right position. u see, I have to be strong n do my things jejely. but hubby suffered it sha, cos he will come back from office n continue from where I stopped. Lastly, I tell myself what if am in a country where I don't know anyone, won't I take care of my how n kids? please answer that sincerely n free ur mind.

Yes, I will. God bless u. Tank u so much
Re: Pls, Advise Needed On Mother In Law by KennyAyodeji(f): 6:14pm On May 02, 2018
Eketem:

Keep being nasty. Nobody asked you to have a baby
Have I abuse u in any way? U r nasty 4 commenting on dis.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Single Mother Of 1 I Married Is Actually A Mother Of 4 / Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase / I Saw My Neighbors Wife Kissing Another Man Last Week. How to Unsee?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.