Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,522 members, 7,816,277 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Video Of Senator Dino Melaye's Arrest; Sits On The Ground Like Common Criminal - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video Of Senator Dino Melaye's Arrest; Sits On The Ground Like Common Criminal (38719 Views)

Yahaya Bello Speaks On Dino Melaye's Arrest (VIDEO) / Femi Fani-kayode Speaks On Melaye's Arrest & Hospitalization - Nigerians React / Police Releases Statement On Dino Melaye's Arrest. See Details. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of Senator Dino Melaye's Arrest; Sits On The Ground Like Common Criminal by Johnnyessence(m): 7:45am On Apr 25, 2018
ArmedRobber:
I feel like slapping sense into your empty skull.
you are armed robber you ought to have arrested by now. you are nairaland most wanted armed robber.
Re: Video Of Senator Dino Melaye's Arrest; Sits On The Ground Like Common Criminal by justtoodark: 7:47am On Apr 25, 2018
AnonyNymous:

I knew this was coming. Is it Buhair or Dino we're talking about here? Dino has been accused of many crimes and there's been enough evidence- if he knows he's not guilty he would've simply honored the invitation and gotten himself out of the mess, but unfortunately it seems like he is. Why else would he be trying to leave the country when he has charges to face, or jumping out of a moving car in desperation after he's been arrested? After all, Saraki was taken to court at the beginning of this administration and his lawyers were able to prove to the judge that he was 'innocent' (that one's time is still coming). But for Dino the evidence is just too much and that's why he keeps running away. And here you are, supporting such a criminal just because he's against Buhari.

You probably agree that people like Hushpuppi and E-Money and the rest should be investigated, because they spend all that money with no visible business on ground. If they were in a sane country, whatever version of the FIRS they have would have come after both of them along time ago. Now, this is a SENATOR who visibly flaunts 'toys' bought with Nigerian money and you're openly supporting him. The fact that he's obviously corrupt isn't what's the bone of contention, neither is his fraudulent university degree. Criminals who were purportedly hired by him have pointed fingers at him and he keeps running away.

Your enemy's enemy isn't always your friend.

thank you...that blacks dont understand this simple logic baffles me....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video Of Senator Dino Melaye's Arrest; Sits On The Ground Like Common Criminal by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 25, 2018
ClassicMG:
and you know God will judge you too if you're accusing the President of the killings without any prove ?
The fact that Buhari's government isn't doing enough to curb the killings makes them feel they can accuse him without any proof of masterminding them. Very silly reasoning, to me- especially considering the fact that they cry in defence of EVERY other public official/criminal who's gone after by the police/EFCC.
Re: Video Of Senator Dino Melaye's Arrest; Sits On The Ground Like Common Criminal by justtoodark: 7:50am On Apr 25, 2018
SalamRushdie:

The Nigerian govt pays them all sorts of obscene remuneration in excess of 2.5 million dollars a year and if he decided to use his own to be buying second hand suppercars from the USA how is that a crime ...I don't remember any senator in Nigeria is a signatory to any govt account ..even your senator earns as much as Dino but is not just as flamboyant so you think Dino is richest

are you sure about that amount....??

not even in nairas oooo....na dollars...

you are known to always talk rubbish on nairaland anyways........
Re: Video Of Senator Dino Melaye's Arrest; Sits On The Ground Like Common Criminal by SalamRushdie: 7:51am On Apr 25, 2018
justtoodark:

are you sure about that amount....??

Yes very sure ..depending on what committee you head

you could even earn as much as 5 million dollars a year
Re: Video Of Senator Dino Melaye's Arrest; Sits On The Ground Like Common Criminal by justtoodark: 7:53am On Apr 25, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Yes very sure

can anybody confirm that....??

from were you have that amount....??

google your friend......
Re: Video Of Senator Dino Melaye's Arrest; Sits On The Ground Like Common Criminal by Lipscomb(m): 7:55am On Apr 25, 2018
Lol that's how saraki will treat soon.I think saraki can safe him those who supposed to safe him he has fought them all.
Re: Video Of Senator Dino Melaye's Arrest; Sits On The Ground Like Common Criminal by justtoodark: 7:55am On Apr 25, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Yes very sure ..depending on what committee you head

you could even earn as much as 5 million dollars a year

that cant be....its ridiculous...

nigeria is not that rich to pay that kind of amount of money to anybody....thats plain corruption.....
Re: Video Of Senator Dino Melaye's Arrest; Sits On The Ground Like Common Criminal by omoniomoade(f): 8:10am On Apr 25, 2018
humiliated like common criminal, you mean he is a special criminal or what?
Re: Video Of Senator Dino Melaye's Arrest; Sits On The Ground Like Common Criminal by jeffoe(m): 8:12am On Apr 25, 2018
Kingspin:
I love to see Nigeria fight corruption. I support it to the end but the only side I hate is political fight of it. What we are use to in Nigeria is when someone says to his/her governor or president that they are not doing well the next day the authority come after such individual. We see them both in APC and PDP government. This is not the way to defeat corruption. In the actual sense corruption is use fighting corruption, witch-hunt and at the end nothing is achieved. I tell people that Nigeria is not a serious country any day they get serious we all will know.
A clear conscience fear no accusation.. You have to be upright before you can criticise(not politically motivated) others, so that you do not end up playing the victim card.
Re: Video Of Senator Dino Melaye's Arrest; Sits On The Ground Like Common Criminal by buchilino(m): 8:13am On Apr 25, 2018
Kingspin:
Nobody is empathizing for anyone both past, present or APC/PDP members even the public. The fact remain the way we fight corruption is not always the best that will yield any result. This is like a cut and join fight for corruption. Infact people are tag corruption without taken them to court. I'm not surprise because this is the same way Nigeria are failing in every sector be it in Agriculture, power, election, education, economy etc. You think is by coincidence?

BRO U DO NO, UR WERE TALKING TO A ZOMBIE
Re: Video Of Senator Dino Melaye's Arrest; Sits On The Ground Like Common Criminal by ayurexars(m): 8:13am On Apr 25, 2018
GavelSlam:

He was alleged to have armed thugs for political violence and elimination of political adversaries .

The thugs upon being caught by the police mentioned him as their sponsor and armourer.

He was summarily summoned by way of court warrant but all along acted above the law.

He tried to flee the country but was caught in the act, and once again he evaded arrest fleeing to his home, perhaps trying to get a governor who had immunity to secure him as has been the modus operandi of most VIPs but was unsuccessful.

He was eventually arrested and was to be presented alongside his accomplices, but once again made a bail out by trying to either commit suicide or find refuge with those that might shield him.
Yet again, he was unsuccessful and presently feigning injury.

All of these are alleged though so don't quote me.

he wasn't trying to flee the country .where did younger your own news from angry
GavelSlam:

He was alleged to have armed thugs for political violence and elimination of political adversaries .

The thugs upon being caught by the police mentioned him as their sponsor and armourer.

He was summarily summoned by way of court warrant but all along acted above the law.

He tried to flee the country but was caught in the act, and once again he evaded arrest fleeing to his home, perhaps trying to get a governor who had immunity to secure him as has been the modus operandi of most VIPs but was unsuccessful.

He was eventually arrested and was to be presented alongside his accomplices, but once again made a bail out by trying to either commit suicide or find refuge with those that might shield him.

he wasn't trying to flee the country .where did younger your own news from
Re: Video Of Senator Dino Melaye's Arrest; Sits On The Ground Like Common Criminal by Slurity(m): 8:17am On Apr 25, 2018
jerryunit48:
What really is his offense?
Two armed robbers and political thugs arrested claimed that he is the one supplying them money and guns

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Senator Dino Melaye's Arrest; Sits On The Ground Like Common Criminal by greendemocrats: 8:17am On Apr 25, 2018
Is Dino too big to appear in court? Nobody has said he is guilty let him defend himself. Did the senate president not go to court to defend himself. Let's do things right. Let us not defend evil in the name of politics and tribalism. He has been named in a case of murder. He should get lawyers to defend him. I am also disappointed with Buhari but this case is not about Buhari or corruption but a murder case and he was named.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video Of Senator Dino Melaye's Arrest; Sits On The Ground Like Common Criminal by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 25, 2018
GavelSlam:

The immunity these days is to say something negative against the government because once you are arrested you can claim persecution.

It's strange how such suspects begin to gain the empathy of the populace they stole from.

What empathy? That is not how a professional law enforcement agency should treat any suspect. That same lack of professionalism is why they kill with reckless abandon.
Re: Video Of Senator Dino Melaye's Arrest; Sits On The Ground Like Common Criminal by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:17am On Apr 25, 2018
Fake news. He wasn't humiliated. He humiliated himself to garner sympathy from Nigerians. Nobody forced him to seat on the ground. He intentionally sat on that groundso that he will create a show and drama for Nigerians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video Of Senator Dino Melaye's Arrest; Sits On The Ground Like Common Criminal by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:19am On Apr 25, 2018
HauteReel:

What empathy? That is not how a professional law enforcement agency should treat any suspect. That same lack of professionalism is why they kill with reckless abandon.
You are so guĺlible my friend

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video Of Senator Dino Melaye's Arrest; Sits On The Ground Like Common Criminal by Antoeni(m): 8:21am On Apr 25, 2018
First, what was so accurate was that ,Dino has been penciled for such an arrest but what transpired yesterday was a prevention by the authority,Immigration and Interpol not to let him out of this country having asked him to turn himself in for interrogation on cases bothering on allegedly gun running,murder,facilitating on jail breaks etc
That was successfully handled because Dino was not able to travel or to run away.
As usual,he paid for people in IDps camp to cone and protest against his arrest.
For crying out, if Dino hands is clean why running away from police invitations?
I leave that to people who has adopted him as their voices recently.
Now, I can authoritatively report that DINO MELAYE HAS BEEN PICKED BY THE OPERATIVES OF THE INSPECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE MONITORING TEAMS.
His arrest comes hours after police laid siege in his home in Abuja.
He is currently been interrogated as I speak in his involvement in supply of arms to political thugs in Kogi that had killed numerous souls and also facilitate their break from Jail.
Re: Video Of Senator Dino Melaye's Arrest; Sits On The Ground Like Common Criminal by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 25, 2018
TOPCRUISE:

You are so guĺlible my friend

I know what I am, and it isn't gullible. Go and check human rights reports on Nigeria.
Re: Video Of Senator Dino Melaye's Arrest; Sits On The Ground Like Common Criminal by skyfall: 8:22am On Apr 25, 2018
Lol @ national embarrassment.
How is the guy different form a common criminal?
What value is he adding to Nigeria as a country?
Re: Video Of Senator Dino Melaye's Arrest; Sits On The Ground Like Common Criminal by Neoteny(m): 8:23am On Apr 25, 2018
sirusX:
He has been shot at before...so he believes his safety is not guaranteed

But seriously though, I wonder why the police treat citizens with much disrespect when in custody

Even common criminals don't deserve all that. That's what differentiates a well trained force from them

In saner climes ....this is abnormal

You don't get it.

He sat down willingly.

Because he was resisting arrest.

In saner climes, no one is above being arrested, senator or not. If we start having dual rules, one for the masses and one for the so-called elites, all sanity will be gone.

Let the courts determine his guilt or innocence.

No need for all this drama simply because he's a senator. In the eyes of the law he's like any other suspect.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video Of Senator Dino Melaye's Arrest; Sits On The Ground Like Common Criminal by xreal: 8:24am On Apr 25, 2018
I hate the way this news is framed.

If SARS wan rope you.... you wouldn't have tge privilege to sit on the floor like this.

Let DINO taste a little of what the comon men taste on the street.
Re: Video Of Senator Dino Melaye's Arrest; Sits On The Ground Like Common Criminal by thaoriginator: 8:25am On Apr 25, 2018
GavelSlam:

Where were you when the schoolbells were ringing?
I bet you were busy under the mango tree eating away your future.
Now you must vent your frustration on anyone who doesn't think in your low aptitude way.

Whose fault is it you cannot spell scenario? We both know that was no typo.

Whose fault is it that you cannot string a simple sentence in the lingua franca of your nation?

Euglena go read a book and stop hating on people.

Nobody owes you anything.
My brother, you keep stomping on these lazy illitrate fools. grin

Keep schooling em punk muh4kas! We, the true patriotics are right behind ya.
Re: Video Of Senator Dino Melaye's Arrest; Sits On The Ground Like Common Criminal by Rajiolaade: 8:30am On Apr 25, 2018
sirusX:
He has been shot at before...so he believes his safety is not guaranteed

But seriously though, I wonder why the police treat citizens with much disrespect when in custody

Even common criminals don't deserve all that. That's what differentiates a well trained force from them

In saner climes ....this is abnormal
if a common man resists arrest, what happened to Dino is a child's play or VIP treatment. jumping out of vehicle to escape justice is another offense under the law.naira land's comments should devoid of sentiments, off topics etc
Re: Video Of Senator Dino Melaye's Arrest; Sits On The Ground Like Common Criminal by semyman: 8:31am On Apr 25, 2018
Change, the law is no respecter of person
Re: Video Of Senator Dino Melaye's Arrest; Sits On The Ground Like Common Criminal by Biodun556(m): 8:39am On Apr 25, 2018
Which criminal is not common? Should any thug be adorned? Why did he refused police invitation if he doesn't want to treated as such?
Re: Video Of Senator Dino Melaye's Arrest; Sits On The Ground Like Common Criminal by AloneTK: 8:41am On Apr 25, 2018
activistjohnny:
A MUST WATCH!!!
Senator Dino Melaye humiliated like a common criminal in Abuja today.

Your thoughts

video credit:post-nigeria.com. watch the video below :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc8QR-AXF9o

You need to examine the footage or find out more from other sources. He was not forced to sit on the ground. The guy resisted arrest and sitting on the ground was his choice, I guess hes trying to garner public sympathy
Re: Video Of Senator Dino Melaye's Arrest; Sits On The Ground Like Common Criminal by obailala(m): 8:41am On Apr 25, 2018
Johnnyessence:
of course they should be arrested but not this method the SARs is using. they just want to harrased him and disgrace him. if they are doing all this things to him, what will you expect in what they will do to the Senate President too. there should be decorum and respect for that seat.
Funny how you cant see the drama being acted here by Dino. Of course the SARS guys didnt ask him to sit on the floor, the SARS guys wouldnt have the guts to humilate him in any way whatsoever. Dino is a known drama king, he intentionally sat on the floor to pass a message to the world that he's being harrassed; he did that just to get the attention and sympathy of people like you. If he had simply followed them to the station or honoured the previous invites, this case would have since been dead because we all know the allegations are just a script between Dino vs Yahaya.

And by the way, if ordinary civilians can be treated as trash by the police, its high time our leaders start feeling the heat too.
Re: Video Of Senator Dino Melaye's Arrest; Sits On The Ground Like Common Criminal by Kingspin(m): 8:44am On Apr 25, 2018
jeffoe:
A clear conscience fear no accusation.. You have to be upright before you can criticise(not politically motivated) others, so that you do not end up playing the victim card.
You still didn't get the whole gist. Nigeria don't have a well defined system and the vision to fighting corruption. All these noise about corruption has been on since 1960 and where are we today? It shouldn't be a cut and join system. If there is no atom of sincere to change things Nigeria will still be at usual. The next government coming will like do so. The country/system need total overhauling.
Re: Video Of Senator Dino Melaye's Arrest; Sits On The Ground Like Common Criminal by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 25, 2018
GavelSlam:

You did not add that the criminals he was accused of arming could not Identify him in court. Which mean they did not know him and that something must be fishy somewhere.

https://www.nairaland.com/4469838/osama-couldnt-identify-senator-dino

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Armed Chadian Soldiers Arrive Nigeria To Battle ISWAP/Boko Haram Terrorists.PICS / EndSARS: Imoru Police Station Vandalized By Residents Of Ijebu Ode / Udom Emmanuel Buys SUVs For Royal Fathers In Akwa Ibom (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.