Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,670 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Odin Of Asgard: Making A Case For Almighty God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Odin Of Asgard: Making A Case For Almighty God (2605 Views)

How Mighty Is The Almighty God? / Is Jesus Christ The Same As Almighty God / Characteristics Of The Almighty God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Odin Of Asgard: Making A Case For Almighty God by Anas09: 12:57pm On Apr 28, 2018
oyetpel:

Was YHWH setting him off to suffer by putting the forbidden tree in Eden?
When you send off your Son to Nursery School at the age of 2 till he graduates from the University at the age at which that happens, were you setting him up for punishment? Were all the tests and examination that he was made to write punishments to him?

oyetpel:

You talk about Adam not created to be controlled,

But Adam had everything on a platter of gold (Gen 1:28-30).
Is having everything on a platter of gold a tool for control?

The problem in man still persist till today. Adam in you speaking right now still feels he is right to do as he please. He is not remorseful for rebelling.

Are you saying your Father has no right to give 99℅ of his inheritance but prevents you from 1%?

Must you get 100℅ of his inheritance?

If Adam was given 1% out of 99% it will make sense for Adam to revolt, even when he has no such rights. But, he was given 99%, but greed won't let him obey his maker to leave 1% which was kept from him alone.

oyetpel:

YHWH, according to you now made Adam fail by 'putting petrol in the kitchen to blow the whole house'.
It's like saying my mother teaching me how to cook good meals as a girl, she was setting me up for destruction since i must use gass which is highly flammable. Sir, i repeat, if your Dad can not trust you to be able to manage fire at 40, he removes fire from you so that you won't hurt yourself. What kind of Son are you? Are you a child or dead?

oyetpel:

Character development
Adam was cursed (Gen 3:17-19)
You mean Adam did well Character-wise, but was cursed for it?
Lolz, the only one cursed in that account is the serpent. Neither was Adam of Eve cursed. Read that passage again. God couldn't curse himself. If you curse your son, you curse yourself.

And, pls permit me to say this, Adam's character flaw is still evident in you right now.

oyetpel:

If Adam hadn't eating the fruit he would have grew up fat without working because he was given all he wanted.
IF ADAM HADN'T EATEN THE FRUIT. Ponder on the bolded very carefully, You are not really seeing that Adam messed up, you'd rather put the blame on God for denying Adam 1% Out of 99%. Just like Adam blamed God for giving him a wife, without which, he'd not have eaten the fruit, and Eve the serpent which beguiled her, You are here blaming God for Adams rebellion without taking into consideration that Adam had a responsibility to his creator.
Man still don't own up to any wrong doing, that is why Man can not accept the gift of Salvation Jesus is offering freely. The Adam in Man is still revolting and saying 'I did nothing wrong that warrants pardon'.

You want to live, eat, grow fat and useless to yourself and irresponsible abi? Well, God didn't intend it that way. and you and i can not tell him what he should do with his creation and how he shd pattern it.

He didn't create the Earth for us do as we please. This is his earth, He makes the rules and calls the shots. You don't like it? Then go and create your own world after you have stood to account for how you lived on his own earth.

oyetpel:

Then YHWH had planted a petrol in the kitchen all the way.
Would you had preferred that God created Adam a robot?

Why do you give your children rules to abide by? Why not leave them to live, eat and grow fat without learning to become anything for themselves?

1 Like

Re: Odin Of Asgard: Making A Case For Almighty God by Image123(m): 1:07pm On Apr 28, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
You're wrongly granting yourself unmerited victim status here

when Yahweh told Adam and Eve that
if they eat off the tree of knowledge they would know of death.
How can they know what he said about the threat of death
if they didn't know what death was yet
because they have not eaten off the tree yet to know

- © hopefulLandlord

Duh, animals were dying, weren't they?
- © Image123

Errrrrrmmmmmmm, let's wind the clock back a bit
Read again, above, your inane response to hopefulLandlord's

Abeggy park whomever or whatever is an atheist, for one side
Instead of taking pot shots at the player, focus your attention on the game and pieces on the board.

Now why didnt you correct him?
Why didnt you point out that, one doesnt first, have to eat off the Tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil before one knows what death is?

SMH.
Feel free bask in ignorance, as I am willing to let an incredibly uninformed remark like this, go unchallenged.

The wolf and the lamb shall feed together,
and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock:
and dust shall be the serpent's meat.
They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

- Isaiah 65:25

Will the food chain's predator and the prey state of affairs, ever stop then?
Will the food chain's predator and the prey state of affairs, ever come to an end?
When the predator and the prey innate capacity is disrupted, what is going to happen to the food chain?

How exposed are you to the meaning of the word "Activation" considered together with predator and the prey in mind?
I know, you know where I am heading to with the activation question.

The difference between God and a good chess player, that at least, thinks five moves, ahead
is that, instead of five moves, God analyses right from the first move straight through on to the end of the checkmating last move
That is part of how God with good algorithmic solutions, knows the end from the beginning.

So you're right, its not a matter of diversion or improvisation but it's a matter of standbys
Things had been put in place, were set on standby, waiting, ready for certain things in them to come alive and start doing things
This means, were on their marks, set, and ready to be used at the appropriate time, like, in a case of, if or when, the proverbial stuff hits the fan

So Abel has a precedent.
It is blindingly obvious, who from, Abel learned all Abel knows
God didnt need to command Abel to kill animals
because someone that witnessed it firsthand, told Abel about when, where, why and how the first animal got killed

Errrrrrrmmmmmmm, thank you for your grace and mercy.
Now, I corrected the atheist by reminding him that animals were dying, so Adam and Eve had an idea what death was. At least you would surely agree that plants were dying or is there still some twist to this?
i don't know how easy you find it to use a one verse prophecy still very future to ESTABLISH something that happened already. It beats the imagination, and I'm tempted to hope on it.
Of course, pretty much everything will stop when the world comes to an end. But if you are asking if I will eat fried chicken at the millennial reign of Christ, surely I will. We'll do activation when we want to play, we'll do normal at dinner. okay?
While i may sound joking/trivial, I'm actually saying the truth. It's trivial because it's not major or critical in matters of salvation, destination or eternity. Not too excited about time wasting, long winding chatter over nothing with "the player". But if you really think cockroaches, flies, chickens and worms were not dying until Adam malfunctioned, sorry I don't see it that way. i think they were dying and Adam himself would have died except he ate of the tree of life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odin Of Asgard: Making A Case For Almighty God by budaatum: 1:15pm On Apr 28, 2018
Image123:

Nothing for you to be sorry about, it's a forum. The very fact that man was given dominion and right to subdue is clear indication man could do as he pleased with them as regards feeding. The context of the passage was feeding and the next verse is clear on that.
If one understands the death spoken of as regards FTKGE, it makes good sense.
In order not to deal with what could at best be a contradiction, that perhaps humans always killed animals and ate meat, the bible gets twisted.

I read the relevant verse. One is free to stretch one's imagination and twist it as one likes - believers do that all the time - but nowhere is it inferred that anything died or was killed in the Garden of Eden, or that Adam and Eve ate the meat off animals.

In fact, lions (assuming they existed in the garden, and that Isaiah was yearning for some lost past) did not kill to eat, as the phrase 'the leopard lay down with the goat and the calf, and the lion and the yearling together were led by a little child' (assuming too that even bearing children would have eventually come to exist!).
Re: Odin Of Asgard: Making A Case For Almighty God by budaatum: 1:17pm On Apr 28, 2018
Read this after my response. Thanks.
Image123:

Now, I corrected the atheist by reminding him that animals were dying, so Adam and Eve had an idea what death was. At least you would surely agree that plants were dying or is there still some twist to this?
i don't know how easy you find it to use a one verse prophecy still very future to ESTABLISH something that happened already. It beats the imagination, and I'm tempted to hope on it.
Of course, pretty much everything will stop when the world comes to an end. But if you are asking if I will eat fried chicken at the millennial reign of Christ, surely I will. We'll do activation when we want to play, we'll do normal at dinner. okay?
While i may sound joking/trivial, I'm actually saying the truth. It's trivial because it's not major or critical in matters of salvation, destination or eternity. Not too excited about time wasting, long winding chatter over nothing with "the player". But if you really think cockroaches, flies, chickens and worms were not dying until Adam malfunctioned, sorry I don't see it that way. i think they were dying and Adam himself would have died except he ate of the tree of life.
Re: Odin Of Asgard: Making A Case For Almighty God by Image123(m): 1:24pm On Apr 28, 2018
budaatum:
Read this after my response. Thanks.
You're welcome.
Re: Odin Of Asgard: Making A Case For Almighty God by Anas09: 1:27pm On Apr 28, 2018
Image123:

Errrrrmmmmm, of being eaten as food?
No, bros, Man didn't eat meat till Noah.
Re: Odin Of Asgard: Making A Case For Almighty God by Anas09: 1:27pm On Apr 28, 2018
Image123:

Errrrrmmmmm, of being eaten as food?
Re: Odin Of Asgard: Making A Case For Almighty God by Anas09: 1:28pm On Apr 28, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Please what were animals dying of and/or from?
Animals were dying of what please?
Sir, are you implying that animals didnt die or weren't dying till the Fall of Man?
Re: Odin Of Asgard: Making A Case For Almighty God by oyetpel(m): 1:30pm On Apr 28, 2018
Anas09:

When you send off your Son to Nursery School at the age of 2 till he graduates from the University at the age at which that happens, were you setting him up for punishment? Were all the tests and examination that he was made to write punishments to him?

Is having everything on a platter of gold a tool for control?

The problem in man still persist till today. Adam in you speaking right now still feels he is right to do as he please. He is not remorseful for rebelling.

Are you saying your Father has no right to give 99℅ of his inheritance but prevents you from 1%?

Must you get 100℅ of his inheritance?

If Adam was given 1% out of 99% it will make sense for Adam to revolt, even when he has no such rights. But, he was given 99%, but greed won't let him obey his maker to leave 1% which was kept from him alone.

It's like saying my mother teaching me how to cook good meals as a girl, she was setting me up for destruction since i must use gass which is highly flammable. Sir, i repeat, if your Dad can not trust you to be able to manage fire at 40, he removes fire from you so that you won't hurt yourself. What kind of Son are you? Are you a child or dead?

You mean Adam did well Character-wise, but was cursed for it?
Lolz, the only one cursed in that account is the serpent. Neither was Adam of Eve cursed. Read that passage again. God couldn't curse himself. If you curse your son, you curse yourself.

And, pls permit me to say this, Adam's character flaw is still evident in you right now.

IF ADAM HADN'T EATEN THE FRUIT. Ponder on the bolded very carefully, You are not really seeing that Adam messed up, you'd rather put the blame on God for denying Adam 1% Out of 99%. Just like Adam blamed God for giving him a wife, without which, he'd not have eaten the fruit, and Eve the serpent which beguiled her, You are here blaming God for Adams rebellion without taking into consideration that Adam had a responsibility to his creator.
Man still don't own up to any wrong doing, that is why Man can not accept the gift of Salvation Jesus is offering freely. The Adam in Man is still revolting and saying 'I did nothing wrong that warrants pardon'.

You want to live, eat, grow fat and useless to yourself and irresponsible abi? Well, God didn't intend it that way. and you and i can not tell him what he should do with his creation and how he shd pattern it.

He didn't create the Earth for us do as we please. This is his earth, He makes the rules and calls the shots. You don't like it? Then go and create your own world after you have stood to account for how you lived on his own earth.

Would you had preferred that God created Adam a robot?

Why do you give your children rules to abide by? Why not leave them to live, eat and grow fat without learning to become anything for themselves?

All you are saying are just excuses for omniscient YHWH, except he is not.

Too many failures for an omniscient being.
Re: Odin Of Asgard: Making A Case For Almighty God by Anas09: 1:39pm On Apr 28, 2018
oyetpel:

All you are saying are just excuses for omniscient YHWH, except he is not.
Too many failures for an omniscient being.
Lolzzzzz. Okay.
Re: Odin Of Asgard: Making A Case For Almighty God by MuttleyLaff: 9:06am On Apr 29, 2018
Image123:
Now, I corrected the atheist by reminding him that animals were dying, so Adam and Eve had an idea what death was
Fair dos but I then asked you:
1/ Please what were animals dying of and/or from?
2/ Animals were dying of what please?

What are your reasons, why would animals die or be dying before the Fall of Man

Image123:
At least you would surely agree that plants were dying or is there still some twist to this?
This your plants strawman angle is neither here nor there.
"...plants were dying..." is not dying, in the same sense, as that of, human beings or animals dying now.

Why are you throwing in plants into all this anyway
when you know, accept and agree that God decreed plants to be food, dont you
?

Blood was used to cleanse almost everything, because if no blood is shed, no sins can be forgiven.
Have plants blood?

Give your "...or is there still some twist to this" innuendoes a rest, will ya

Image123:
i don't know how easy you find it to use a one verse prophecy still very future to ESTABLISH something that happened already
6Wolves will live with lambs. Leopards will lie down with goats.
Calves, young lions, and year-old lambs will be together, and little children will lead them.
7Cows and bears will eat together. Their young will lie down together. Lions will eat straw like oxen.
8Infants will play near cobras' holes. Toddlers will put their hands into vipers' nests.
9They will not hurt or destroy anyone anywhere on my holy mountain.
The world will be filled with the knowledge of the LORD like water covering the sea.

- Isaiah 11:6-9

If you're reserved because Isaiah 65:25, as you've said, is one verse, what of Isaiah 11:6-9 then?
Is Isaiah 11:6-9 too a "one verse prophecy"?

Image123:
It beats the imagination, and I'm tempted to hope on it.

Of course, pretty much everything will stop when the world comes to an end

He will wipe every tear from their eyes.
There will be no more death
or mourning, or crying, or pain,
for the old order of things has passed away

- Revelation 21:4

If you're on the verge of harbouring doubts, then Rev 21:4 above & Romans 8:20 below, should remove them & boost your temptation to hope on

Image123:
But if you are asking if I will eat fried chicken at the millennial reign of Christ, surely I will.
We'll do activation when we want to play, we'll do normal at dinner. okay?
29God said,
"I have given you every plant with seeds on the face of the earth
and every tree that has fruit with seeds. This will be your food.
30I have given all green plants as food to every land animal,
every bird in the sky, and every animal that crawls on the earth - every living, breathing animal." And so it was.
- Genesis 1:29–30

I learned by reading verses in the bible, like Genesis 1:29–30 above,
that carnivores, meaning flesh/meat eater, were, before and once herbivores, meaning eat plant material

Things were put in place, set on standby, waiting, ready to be used if necessary,
ready to be ACTIVATED, to come alive and start doing things
This means, these things, were on their marks, set, and ready to be used at the appropriate time,
like, in a case of, if or when, the proverbial stuff hits the fan
Sin, is the proverbial stuff that hit the fan, it is the trigger, it set things off, it activated things

You wouldnt need fried chicken in the golden age revisited,
because you'll just have to do with manna, food of angels, or something else akin to it.

Image123:
While i may sound joking/trivial, I'm actually saying the truth.
It's trivial because it's not major or critical in matters of salvation, destination or eternity.
Not too excited about time wasting, long winding chatter over nothing with "the player".
But if you really think cockroaches, flies, chickens and worms were not dying until Adam malfunctioned, sorry I don't see it that way.
i think they were dying and Adam himself would have died except he ate of the tree of life.
20For creation was condemned to lose its purpose, not of its own will,
but because God willed it to be so. Yet there was the hope
21that creation itself would one day be set free from its slavery to decay
and would share the glorious freedom of the children of God.

- Romans 8:20-21

Adam, anyway, had an appointment with death and so was destined to die
With the knowledge of the existence of TKGE, it was a matter of time, and the time was when the FTKGE is eaten

About whether cockroaches, flies, chickens and worms were not dying until Adam "malfunctioned", my response is affirmative
because the Romans 8:21 entropy only managed to get a foothold and reign supreme after Adam "malfunctioned"

After the "malfunctioned", mosquitoes now have a thirst for Adam's blood
and God help, if Adam's immune system isnt strong enough, as he potentially can die of life-threatening illness gotten from a single mosquito bite
The mosquito bite is just a tip of an iceberg, and not the full scope of the issue

Anas09:
Sir, are you implying that animals didnt die or weren't dying till the Fall of Man?
[img]https://s1/images/NoDeath.jpg[/img]
Ma'am, the above picture is useful and informative

The idea of death before sin, is putting the cart before the horse

Now I am going to repeat the two questions Image123 ducked and declined responding to
The third question is a bonus and an afterthought
3/ What are your reasons, why would animals die or be dying before the Fall of Man?

1 Like

Re: Odin Of Asgard: Making A Case For Almighty God by Image123(m): 3:50pm On Apr 29, 2018
Anas09:

Lolzzzzz. Okay.

Aaaaaawell, that's the sort of seriousness and back and forth i try to avoid over nothing.
Re: Odin Of Asgard: Making A Case For Almighty God by Anas09: 3:53pm On Apr 29, 2018
Image123:

Aaaaaawell, that's the sort of seriousness and back and forth i try to avoid over nothing.
My dear, let them have it their way.
Re: Odin Of Asgard: Making A Case For Almighty God by Image123(m): 4:52pm On Apr 29, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Fair dos but I then asked you:

What are your reasons, why would animals die or be dying before the Fall of Man

This your plants strawman angle is neither here nor there.
"...plants were dying..." is not dying, in the same sense, as that of, human beings or animals dying now.

Why are you throwing in plants into all this anyway
when you know, accept and agree that God decreed plants to be food, dont you
?

Blood was used to cleanse almost everything, because if no blood is shed, no sins can be forgiven.
Have plants blood?

Give your "...or is there still some twist to this" innuendoes a rest, will ya

6Wolves will live with lambs. Leopards will lie down with goats.
Calves, young lions, and year-old lambs will be together, and little children will lead them.
7Cows and bears will eat together. Their young will lie down together. Lions will eat straw like oxen.
8Infants will play near cobras' holes. Toddlers will put their hands into vipers' nests.
9They will not hurt or destroy anyone anywhere on my holy mountain.
The world will be filled with the knowledge of the LORD like water covering the sea.

- Isaiah 11:6-9

If you're reserved because Isaiah 65:25, as you've said, is one verse, what of Isaiah 11:6-9 then?
Is Isaiah 11:6-9 too a "one verse prophecy"?

If you're on the verge of harbouring doubts, then Rev 21:4 above & Romans 8:20 below, should remove them & boost your temptation to hope on

29God said,
"I have given you every plant with seeds on the face of the earth
and every tree that has fruit with seeds. This will be your food.
30I have given all green plants as food to every land animal,
every bird in the sky, and every animal that crawls on the earth - every living, breathing animal." And so it was.
- Genesis 1:29–30

I learned by reading verses in the bible, like Genesis 1:29–30 above,
that carnivores, meaning flesh/meat eater, were, before and once herbivores, meaning eat plant material

Things were put in place, set on standby, waiting, ready to be used if necessary,
ready to be ACTIVATED, to come alive and start doing things
This means, these things, were on their marks, set, and ready to be used at the appropriate time,
like, in a case of, if or when, the proverbial stuff hits the fan
Sin, is the proverbial stuff that hit the fan, it is the trigger, it set things off, it activated things

You wouldnt need fried chicken in the golden age revisited,
because you'll just have to do with manna, food of angels, or something else akin to it.

20For creation was condemned to lose its purpose, not of its own will,
but because God willed it to be so. Yet there was the hope
21that creation itself would one day be set free from its slavery to decay
and would share the glorious freedom of the children of God.

- Romans 8:20-21

Adam, anyway, had an appointment with death and so was destined to die
With the knowledge of the existence of TKGE, it was a matter of time, and the time was when the FTKGE is eaten

About whether cockroaches, flies, chickens and worms were not dying until Adam "malfunctioned", my response is affirmative
because the Romans 8:21 entropy only managed to get a foothold and reign supreme after Adam "malfunctioned"

After the "malfunctioned", mosquitoes now have a thirst for Adam's blood
and God help, if Adam's immune system isnt strong enough, as he potentially can die of life-threatening illness gotten from a single mosquito bite
The mosquito bite is just a tip of an iceberg, and not the full scope of the issue

[img]https://s1/images/NoDeath.jpg[/img]
Ma'am, the above picture is useful and informative

The idea of death before sin, is putting the cart before the horse

Now I am going to repeat the two questions Image123 ducked and declined responding to
The third question is a bonus and an afterthought
3/ What are your reasons, why would animals die or be dying before the Fall of Man?

Bros, they were dying from death. Abi which kain query be this one. It's like asking me to prove from the Bible that Adam peed. It's fallacy to assert that it didn't happen because it was not written.
Animals would die because they were not made to live forever in the first instance. They were not created as eternal beings and God didn't breathe the breath of life into their nostrils like He did man. Even man was going to eventually "die" by default, except he ate the tree of life. Remember?
What you call strawman is actually a better answer i should have put forward from the start. The issue was whether Adam and Eve knew what death was/meant. To which i replied that they were seeing it happen to animals. Since you don't like that, then i came more simple to plants. Adam and Eve experienced the death(ceasation of life) of vegetables a couple of times. Abi the plants didn't die? Human beings dying and plant dying is death. They are both living things according to my teacher (1Peter 1:24).
Don't bring blood shedding into this. i don't know what to do with fish blood and cockroach blood. So why bring blood shedding. Are you a violent person, I'm talking about food, you are talking about blood shedding.
On Isaiah 11:6-9, you must forgive me. i don't have reference to remember it's two, lol. Brother, even if it is 7, my point is that it is future/prophetic. i believe you know me small na, i can't wave off a tittle of the Bible on a "it's just written once" base. My point was we can't use this one, or sorry two or seven future prophecy to determine past. There's a lot of things in Kingdom prophecy that we just have to see it come to really understand and enjoy it. Some fulfilled prophecies teach us to tread carefully in exacting interpretation. For instance the same Isaiah in 35:9 says no Lion in the kingdom. To a typical muslin and these other lazy newbies, that's a contradiction. But to us, it's all a picture of a peaceful paradise. Bros, I'm really hoping for that fried chicken in paradise.
i appreciate your comments and concerns on Genesis 1:29–30 but i remain of the OPINION that subduing and dominion covers eating of chicken and fried meat. i don't know, i may be wrong but certainly not going to hell. Glory to God.
In the golden age(Christ's reign on earth), my joy must be FULL. i will eat fried meat oh.

On mosquito bites though, I've heard of someone getting fatter from them. Funny isn't it? But on a serious note, it can be a symbiotic relationship if we deal well. If you discovered drug for malaria prevention, it will help. i didn't duck your questions oh. Again, i say animals were dying. They were dying from death, food chain things. It's a characteristic of living things, they die when the time comes. The only thing that could have kept Adam from dying(as we know it) was the tree of life, reason why he was driven out of Eden.
Re: Odin Of Asgard: Making A Case For Almighty God by MuttleyLaff: 3:39am On Apr 30, 2018
Image123:
Bros, they were dying from death
You got jokes, kikikiki ki
OK, if of course like you say "they were dying from death", what was the cause of dying from death?
Why were they dying from death?
Where they dying of old age, died of diseases, died from being preyed on cos being part of a food chain, died from fatal accident etcetera?

Image123:
Abi which kain query be this one.
It's like asking me to prove from the Bible that Adam peed.
It's fallacy to assert that it didn't happen because it was not written.
Animals would die because they were not made to live forever in the first instance.
They were not created as eternal beings and God didn't breathe the breath of life into their nostrils like He did man.
You know, accept and agree that God in Genesis 1:29–30 decreed plants to be food and not flesh

It's equally a fallacy to assert that animals died,
Now because it was not written that animals died, implies it didn't happen or hadnt yet happened

Animals wouldnt die because they freely had access to the Tree of Life

Image123:
Even man was going to eventually "die" by default, except he ate the tree of life.
Remember?
You are hurling presumptions
Remember, man already was dead man walking upon chomping on TKGE fruit
As a matter of fact, man immediately began to die from the moment of that bite on TKGE fruit
as the mortality clock started to tick down from that point on

Image123:
What you call strawman is actually a better answer i should have put forward from the start.
The issue was whether Adam and Eve knew what death was/meant.
To which i replied that they were seeing it happen to animals.
Since you don't like that, then i came more simple to plants.
Adam and Eve experienced the death (ceasation of life) of vegetables a couple of times.
Abi the plants didn't die? Human beings dying and plant dying is death.
They are both living things according to my teacher (1 Peter 1:24)
"seeing it happen to animals" was the bone of contention
because the first animal they saw die, didnt happen until Genesis 3:21 or thereabouts

Image123:
Don't bring blood shedding into this.
i don't know what to do with fish blood and cockroach blood.
So why bring blood shedding.
Are you a violent person, I'm talking about food, you are talking about blood shedding
No, just trying to make the distinction between plants and animal
Again plants dont have blood
it's Genesis 3:21, Leviticus 17:11 and Hebrews 9:22 that calls attention to shedding of blood for sake of forgiveness of sin
and that the life of the flesh is in the blood
Note nothing about the life of the plant

Image123:
On Isaiah 11:6-9, you must forgive me. i don't have reference to remember it's two, lol.
Brother, even if it is 7, my point is that it is future/prophetic.
i believe you know me small na, i can't wave off a tittle of the Bible on a "it's just written once" base.

My point was we can't use this one, or sorry two or seven future prophecy to determine past.
There's a lot of things in Kingdom prophecy that we just have to see it come to really understand and enjoy it.
Genesis 1:29–30 is instructive of what the past was

Image123:
Some fulfilled prophecies teach us to tread carefully in exacting interpretation.
For instance the same Isaiah in 35:9 says no Lion in the kingdom.
To a typical muslin and these other lazy newbies, that's a contradiction.
But to us, it's all a picture of a peaceful paradise.
Bros, I'm really hoping for that fried chicken in paradise.
i appreciate your comments and concerns on Genesis 1:29–30
but i remain of the OPINION that subduing and dominion covers eating of chicken and fried meat.
i don't know, i may be wrong but certainly not going to hell. Glory to God.
In the golden age (Christ's reign on earth), my joy must be FULL. i will eat fried meat oh.
Despite being told its manna on the menu
you still intend to tantalize your seemingly hyperactive taste buds then erh?
This your Numbers 11:4 strong craving for meat sha.

Image123:
On mosquito bites though, I've heard of someone getting fatter from them. Funny isn't it?
Someone being pulling your leg
Getting fat on mosquito bites is a myth

Image123:
But on a serious note, it can be a symbiotic relationship if we deal well.
If you discovered drug for malaria prevention, it will help
Exactly my point, in symbiotic relationships, neither is helped or harmed
Predators and preys, initially had a symbiotic relationship, but that changed, when the predatory switch got activated

Image123:
i didn't duck your questions oh.
Again, i say animals were dying.
They were dying from death, food chain things
It's a characteristic of living things, they die when the time comes.
A cat and a mouse died on the same day and went up to Heaven.
At the top they met God, who asked them
"How do you like it so far?"

The mouse replied
"It's great, but can I get a pair of roller skates?"
God said "Sure",
and he gave him a pair of roller skates.

The next day, God saw the cat and asked him
"How do you like it up here so far?"
and the cat replied
"Great, I didn't know you had meals on wheels up here!"

The cat didnt read the memo.
There is a covenant of peace, seemingly "truce", as it were,
the food chain things, had been deactivated, like it had been before the Fall

I think we realise we dont buy or share each others point of view
I am not convinced by your antecedents, so I guess we just both have to agree to disagree

Image123:
The only thing that could have kept Adam from dying (as we know it) was the tree of life, reason why he was driven out of Eden.
The only thing that could have kept Adam from dying (as we know it) was compliance
How qas the weekend?
Re: Odin Of Asgard: Making A Case For Almighty God by Gggg102(m): 5:01am On May 01, 2018
Anas09:

Pick your Bible. Do you have one? If yes, open to Ezekiel 28 start reading from verse 13 to 19, You'd see that Lucifer was a Cherub which covered the throne of the Most High. Who also was the Choir leader in Heaven.
He thought his place was indispensable, because God loves Music and he was there to make it happen.

He thought, I can also be God and sit while some folks sing for me.

For this, read Isaiah 14 from 9 to 17.

why was Lucifer created when God knew since before he was created that Lucifer would rebel?
Re: Odin Of Asgard: Making A Case For Almighty God by Gggg102(m): 5:12am On May 01, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

"The End", ni opin cinema
Revelation 21:4 is testament to the saying, that the end justifies the means

Even against the odds, Lucifer, just as much like you too, has the right to be created
We should never shy away from challenges
Problems like evil, which is a result of sin are to be face up to and dealt with, without making excuses
Sin is the sting that results in death,
the sting aside being injurious and/or lethal injects a venom that also opens up a pandora box teeming with great and unexpected troubles

I am not about making up what the Tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil means.
The original word used in that verse instead of Good in the original text was "Beautiful"
and the original word used in that verse and elsewhere it's used in the original text was "Adversity"

Are you familiar with merisms?
Merism, is a figure of speech that has a combination of two contrasting words to refer to an entirety and all parts within each of them

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" is a merism
"Good evening ladies and gentlemen" is a merism

Well, the Tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil figure of speech, is a merism.

Good, in that context, is translated from a word, that means and typifies "Beautiful"
Evil, in that context, is translated from a word, that means and typifies "Adversity".

"Beautiful", as in, everything dandy and good
"Adversity", as in, every hardship, bad and ugly difficult or unpleasant situation that possibly can happen.

Eating off the tree, will open the eater to experience several of parts of all that's "Beautiful" and all that's "Adversity"
Eater will experience and begin to judge between beautiful and adversity.
Good times, bad times, what's pretty, what's ugly.
Essentially the whole shebang spectrum will unfold into the eater's world.

Eating off the Tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil,
will open the eater to experience several of parts of all that's "Beautiful" and all that's "Adversity"
As said earlier, the Adversity other side, is, as it were, like opening a Pandora Box, of some sort.

if he hadn't created Lucifer, death, mourning, sorrows and pain would not have existed in the first place. there would not be any old order that needed to pass away only the perfect one that would have been if evil was never existing. there wouldn't be any ends that needed justification.

how did Lucifer have the right to be created?
something that was inexistent. he was nothing before he was created, he could have remained nothing.

sin, the sting, venom, Pandora's box would not have existed if Lucifer wasn't created.

did God create evil for him to have created the tree of knowledge of good and evil?
Re: Odin Of Asgard: Making A Case For Almighty God by Anas09: 9:50pm On May 01, 2018
Gggg102:

why was Lucifer created when God knew since before he was created that Lucifer would rebel?
Did you read the passages?
Re: Odin Of Asgard: Making A Case For Almighty God by Gggg102(m): 10:24pm On May 01, 2018
Anas09:
Did you read the passages?
yes. still doesn't change the question.
1. why was Lucifer? and 2. where did his iniquity according to Ezekiel come from?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near / Is Offering In The Church Compulsory? / Religion Is Jargon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.