Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,805 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow (32511 Views)

Davido Paused His Performance To Look For His Missing $60k Ring At Event (Video) / Speed Darlington In Nigeria Ahead Of Zlatan Concert (video) / Davido Angry, Left As His Performance Was Disrupted By Touts In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by chukzyfcbb: 1:32pm On Apr 26, 2018
globemoney:

WTF... Fear on DAMN is deeper than any song on KOD.. Infact KOD is basically Cole trying to copy Damn. J cole is good but can never be as good as K Dot.

"The shock value of my success put bolts in me

All these money is God playing a joke on me

Is it for the moment or will he see me as Job(in the bible)

Take it from me and leave me worse than i was before.

At 27, My biggest Fear was losing it all....."

################################
FEAR is my favourite track. I listen to it almost every day

Well I got to understand that these rappers breed on FEAR. They may act tough outside, but deep inside they are scared of losing the spotlight and losing fans support.

Fear by Kendrick Lamar has him questioning if He was motivated by Fear or if he was truly hungry for Rap

Walk on water by Eminem has him scared of how fans could suddenly change thier love for him if his new music's doesn't measure up to his previous standard.

And now J.Cole on the same line.

#Fear seems to be a very Big motivation over Hunger/Desire for success,lol
Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by TellMeNothing: 1:32pm On Apr 26, 2018
globemoney:

Lol.. Kendrick is more lyrical, has better flows, better storyteller than cole, you dont like him is a personal opinion but not because of the reasons you gave, there is no cole album as lyrical as TBAP, none with better storytelling as GKMC, none with better flows like DAMN. And I didnt get where you got your "real hip hop fans find it hard to listen to kendrick" when kendrick is already being rated as the greatest rapper of all time by real hip hop heads.

Kendrick ,Greatest rapper of all time? Yoh mad?

Just make your point and stay fine okay...

2 Likes

Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by LZAA: 1:33pm On Apr 26, 2018
Outofsync:

• Everyone has their preferences, you enjoy flows, others enjoy hard lyrics. It's like coke and fanta, so why the whole hassle. Some people, real Hip Hop fans, find it hard to listen to Kendrick PRECISELY because of the flows you like. They don't like jazzy or soft tempo Kdot uses in his songs, they, ironically, also says it makes them sleep! cheesy

I personally cannot listen to Lamar unless there is silence all around me because I always want to catch the lyrics but Cole, omo, na everywhere I fit hear am.

And there are obsessed fans everywhere, ignore em and just enjoy the music bro.

P. S : Lucas is channelling Cole, like kilode. He's rising but he isn't there yet. He and logic still dey beef
funny enough his analysis is flawed
tupac had d most basic rhyming scheme but he was real and had a super voice which made u stand up and listen
Big had d illest flow in rap and no other rapper(even jigga) has been able to copy or match that
k dot and cole are dope in their own ways and that's that
don't know why ppl tke internet trolls seriously ffs
even in ur family u and ur siblings are different and have personal preferences
Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by TellMeNothing: 1:35pm On Apr 26, 2018
Long live the Idols may they never be your Rivals... Pac was Like Jesus, Nas wrote the Bible!

1 Like

Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by chukzyfcbb: 1:37pm On Apr 26, 2018
LZAA:

funny enough his analysis is flawed
tupac had d most basic rhyming scheme but he was real and had a super voice which made u stand up and listen
Big had d illest flow in rap and no other rapper(even jigga) has been able to copy or match that
k dot and cole are dope in their own ways and that's that
don't know why ppl tke internet trolls seriously ffs
even in ur family u and ur siblings are different and have personal preferences
Take it easy bro.

If you told me who to choose one rapper between BIGGY and PAC to listen to all my life.

I will pick BIGGY over and over again. Biggys flow is enough to give anybody eargasm

1 Like

Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by MrMystrO(m): 1:40pm On Apr 26, 2018
globemoney:

WTF... Fear on DAMN is deeper than any song on KOD.. Infact KOD is basically Cole trying to copy Damn. J cole is good but can never be as good as K Dot.

I agree with you on Fear being very deep, i also think X X X is also a deep song on Damn too, But Damn as an Album doesn't take you on a uninterrupted Spiritual journey like Section 80, Or Good kid Maad City, or To P!mp a butterfly. These albums i mentioned have to be played from track 1 to the last track to get the full picture, because they were designed like movies, Emotion pictures. Damn was a good album with more commercial taste in consideration and then a few deep songs in them but cannot be compared with the three of his albums i mentioned above because every REAL Lamar album is a Journey and Damn Was Definitely not a journey. Jcole on the other hand, has always made all his latest albums from born sinner onwards a Journey with an exception to KOD that I'm still getting to sink in. Believe me I'm more of a Kendrick fan than you can ever imagine and i believe Kendrick on his prime is untouchable, But homie gotta take care of his family too and i respect that. So Just give it to cole for still holding it down while kdot trynna grab some quick paper for his employers before ultimately coming back like he always does. It doesn't always have to be an Argument, i have no such negative energy to give out or receive. Peace to u man.

1 Like

Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by chukzyfcbb: 1:43pm On Apr 26, 2018
BIGGY is one rapper that can make a song about murder sound so cool,lol

That's how slick he is.

"Dead wrong" by BIG is one example.

1 Like

Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by LZAA: 1:45pm On Apr 26, 2018
chukzyfcbb:

Take it easy bro.

If you told me who to choose one rapper between BIGGY and PAC to listen to all my life.

I will pick BIGGY over and over again. Biggys flow is enough to give anybody eargasm
lol i'm at ease no soldier grin grin
we saying the same tin fam
i neva bought into that east west nonsense at the time cuz both of them made dope music
think of it like the endless messi and cr7 debates
see wia i'm going....
Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by Naijjablog(m): 1:45pm On Apr 26, 2018
9jaown:
go get this album

Aswear down

1 Like

Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by okenwaa(m): 1:45pm On Apr 26, 2018
KOD
Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by globemoney: 1:47pm On Apr 26, 2018
TellMeNothing:

Kendrick ,Greatest rapper of all time? Yoh mad?

Just make your point and stay fine okay...
Yeah, he has a shot at it. back to back classic albums, grammies, pulitzer price for music (the only rapper to win it ever), sold out concerts.. He's gunning for the greatest..
Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by Naijjablog(m): 1:48pm On Apr 26, 2018
troubleseller:
Bruh..
Don't mind that nigga he's probably high on weed
Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by Naijjablog(m): 1:50pm On Apr 26, 2018
sirelexzy:

i finally found a j cole addict like me grin
Me too
Still cruising 1985

2 Likes

Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by Naijjablog(m): 1:51pm On Apr 26, 2018
ruggedtimi:
KOD Overrated by peeps who act like they’ve never heard a song with a message before undecided
Ur brain has problem
Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by globemoney: 1:51pm On Apr 26, 2018
chukzyfcbb:

"The shock value of my success put bolts in me

All these money is God playing a joke on me

Is it for the moment or will he see me as Job(in the bible)

Take it from me and leave me worse than i was before.

At 27, My biggest Fear was losing it all....."

################################
FEAR is my favourite track. I listen to it almost every day

Well I got to understand that these rappers breed on FEAR. They may act tough outside, but deep inside they are scared of losing the spotlight and losing fans support.

Fear by Kendrick Lamar has him questioning if He was motivated by Fear or if he was truly hungry for Rap

Walk on water by Eminem has him scared of how fans could suddenly change thier love for him if his new music's doesn't measure up to his previous standard.

And now J.Cole on the same line.

#Fear seems to be a very Big motivation over Hunger/Desire for success,lol
That song is my drug. The voice notes just always keeps me sober.

Scared to spend my money, had me sleeping from all to hall,”
This line made me to be scared of spending money for a while grin grin

1 Like

Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by KinSlayer: 1:53pm On Apr 26, 2018
Fahrenhite:
If it's not Logic then i don't care.

Like for logic
Share for j.cole

damn, you had to make peeps choose,
was so obvious you going to loose
Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by MrMystrO(m): 1:55pm On Apr 26, 2018
Outofsync:

Truth brother, truth! It all has to do with your current state of mind and your life in general when listening to those two icons. I can never forget the first time I heard "Be free" and "January 28", the concepts of the songs were so relatable to challenges then that I felt he was peeking through my soul when he wrote that song.
And Lamar, "Alright" and "These walls" has legit saved someone I know from insanitygrin, no jokes, and DAMN.... is damn crazy.
The way they tell stories so beautifully with the slick wordplay and lyrical sophistication, and the REALNESS oF these works.... just genius.
People who compare them to me are just the guady kinda people intrested more in "fitting in" or the annoying uber obsessed kinda fans who just literally become Hip Hop Jehovah witnesses, shoving the "facts" at your face whether you like it or not gringrin

The fans need to stop their useless infighting and band against the new nonsense Hip Hop has become (I'm not looking at Lil pump..... ah swear cheesy)

Lol that's Exactly what we should be worried about man, if we could channel these k dot j cole debate sessions to attacking these Good Music killers we have these days, the world would be a much better place bruh Lol. But these same fans would rather fight about cole and Kendrick. Smh

1 Like

Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by globemoney: 1:55pm On Apr 26, 2018
MrMystrO:

I agree with you on Fear being very deep, i also think X X X is also a deep song on Damn too, But Damn as an Album doesn't take you on a uninterrupted Spiritual journey like Section 80, Or Good kid Maad City, or To P!mp a butterfly. These albums i mentioned have to be played from track 1 to the last track to get the full picture, because they were designed like movies, Emotion pictures. Damn was a good album with more commercial taste in consideration and then a few deep songs in them but cannot be compared with the three of his albums i mentioned above because every REAL Lamar album is a Journey and Damn Was Definitely not a journey. Jcole on the other hand, has always made all his latest albums from born sinner onwards a Journey with an exception to KOD that I'm still getting to sink in. Believe me I'm more of a Kendrick fan than you can ever imagine and i believe Kendrick on his prime is untouchable, But homie gotta take care of his family too and i respect that. So Just give it to cole for still holding it down while kdot trynna grab some quick paper for his employers before ultimately coming back like he always does. It doesn't always have to be an Argument, i have no such negative energy to give out or receive. Peace to u man.
I respect your opinion but I'll still take DAMN over KOD. Kendrick can only be compared with his works and not with other artists. The reason why many kendrick fans didn't rate damn was because, coming from TPAP and GKMC people expected something extra, not like DAMN was not good on it's own.
Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by Outofsync(m): 1:59pm On Apr 26, 2018
globemoney:

Lol.. Kendrick is more lyrical, has better flows, better storyteller than cole, you dont like him is a personal opinion but not because of the reasons you gave, there is no cole album as lyrical as TBAP, none with better storytelling as GKMC, none with better flows like DAMN. And I didnt get where you got your "real hip hop fans find it hard to listen to kendrick" when kendrick is already being rated as the greatest rapper of all time by real hip hop heads.
I'm not going down the path of arguing with you bro.
I'm a huge Kung Fu Kenny fan so saying I don't like him is dumb
I rate FHD and 4 your eyez only as better in story telling than GKMC and Damn.
I'll concede Section 80 (esp Bleep your ethnicity) was heavenly.... BUT it's still not a competition Mon...

And yes, I repeat this, some people DO NOT LIKE jazzy blues Kendrick uses in albums more often these days. Seriously, and they are huge hip fans. for Bleep sake, kendrick was regarded as "nerdy underground music" till maybe 2014/15

And again, I'm not arguing who's greatest with you. If you can't see that so far from my posts, then GOMD.
Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by MrMystrO(m): 2:04pm On Apr 26, 2018
globemoney:

I respect your opinion but I'll still take DAMN over KOD. Kendrick can only be compared with his works and not with other artists. The reason why many kendrick fans didn't rate damn was because, coming from TPAP and GKMC people expected something extra, not like DAMN was good on it's own.

I respect your opinion too bro, But KOD just came out, we've been on damn for about almost a year now bro. I would say that's not a Bias and rational opinion you've got on KOD. That's why i never listen to so called music analysts who come up with their Ratings on an album just 3 days after its out. That's trash to me and should be done to Young thug and Migos albums NOT J cole and Kendrick Albums. You just have to Give the album time to sink in man, with an open mind too, and maybe, just maybe, you might end up rating it much more higher than you do Now. Just saying..

2 Likes

Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by globemoney: 2:13pm On Apr 26, 2018
Outofsync:

I'm not going down the path of arguing with you bro.
I'm a huge Kung Fu Kenny fan so saying I don't like him is dumb
I rate FHD and 4 your eyez only as better in story telling than GKMC and Damn.
I'll concede Section 80 (esp Bleep your ethnicity) was heavenly.... BUT it's still not a competition Mon...

And yes, I repeat this, some people DO NOT LIKE jazzy blues Kendrick uses in albums more often these days. Seriously, and they are huge hip fans. for Bleep sake, kendrick was regarded as "nerdy underground music" till maybe 2014/15

And again, I'm not arguing who's greatest with you. If you can't see that so far from my posts, then GOMD.
The bold shows you dont know anything about hip hop or kendrick lamar. I doubt you've listened to GKMC.. For the benefit of doubt anyway can you mention better story telling songs on FHD and 4 your eyes only than...

Peer Pressure
Sing about me

some people DO NOT LIKE jazzy blues Kendrick uses in albums more often these days. Seriously, and they are huge hip fans.
This must be a minority because TPAP with it's jazz vibes is one of the highest rated hip hop albums of all time..

Most of you want to use your little knowledge to argue with people with greater information than you!

2 Likes

Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by sirelexzy(m): 2:13pm On Apr 26, 2018
henryobinna:
he began smokingtoo much and wants to look like Marley.

It's Cole world
dude what are you chatting.
he does not smoke

1 Like

Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by yinkarh187(m): 2:16pm On Apr 26, 2018
Goodman2030:

Cole fan for life bro.... forest hill Drive 2014 still the greatest..
really? Wat about born sinner?

1 Like

Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by Kobicove(m): 2:21pm On Apr 26, 2018
mrtomola:

Chisos ! shocked No, dis J-Cole naa American Rapper not Joe Cole the Ex British/Chelsea Footballer.

He was being sarcastic grin

2 Likes

Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by Outofsync(m): 2:25pm On Apr 26, 2018
globemoney:

The bold shows you dont know anything about hip hop or kendrick lamar. I doubt you've listened to GKMC.. For the benefit of doubt anyway can you mention better story telling songs on FHD and 4 your eyes only than...

Peer Pressure
Sing about me

This must be a minority because TPAP with it's jazz vibes is one of the highest rated hip hop albums of all time..

Most of you want to use your little knowledge to argue with people with greater information than you!

OK ok

Bye.
Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by Fahrenhite(m): 2:47pm On Apr 26, 2018
KinSlayer:

damn, you had to make peeps choose,
was so obvious you going to loose

Me right now

Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by TIDDOLL(m): 2:51pm On Apr 26, 2018
Yeah....i like Cole alot....

But.....damn...Am addicted to [/b]FRANK OCEAN[b]
Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by Omotaday(m): 2:53pm On Apr 26, 2018
Lost ones and Morning ft Drake.
Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by Rahbiew: 2:53pm On Apr 26, 2018
Dirkcoyt:
The day I'm able to buy a cole album the legit version will be my happiest day. and greatest gift you can ever give me on a birthday is a compilation of every single audio cole has voiced till date right from inception!!!!!

Albums!!!

List of my favorite track from each album he's ever done

1985 buzzing! ----------------------- K.O.D
de javu buzzing! ------------------ 4 your eyez only
love yourz buzzing! ------------ 2014 forest hill drive
let nas down buzzing! --------born sinner
lost ones buzzing! ---------- Cole world : sideline story

Mixtape!!!

List of my favorite track from each mixtape he's ever done ,

Premeditated murder ------ Friday night live
Grown simba --------------------- The warm up
Rags to riches --------------------- The come up

Compilation album !!!

Folger's crystal ------------- Revenge of the dreamer's

EP's !!!!

Rise above -------------------- Truly yourz 1
Cousins -------------------------- Truly yourz 2
New york times-------------- Truly yourz 3
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My favorite cole track??! hard choice to pick !

Give it up for "Rise Above"

After listening to 90% of his singles till date! having listened to 90% featuring , Having listened to 100% Album , i think over all I've listened to 97% all works that has a jcole voice in it!

Sadly lost most of these tracks to where i copied them when i sold my laptop. still hurt me till now!!!!!!!

Too lazy to compile from the ground up again but it will be a priceless gift if presented to me on my birthday may 14th!

Jcole is Nas rebirth! cold world no blanket! If you dont have a cole you get cold!

only thing left of my wishes is to sit with him and dbanj!

#ColeWorld
Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by Benjamin4388(m): 3:47pm On Apr 26, 2018
cole world no blanket..a die hard core fan..started listening cole way back 2008..i Bleep with him..this amazing rapping spit gospel of rap..my fav cole "lost ones,who dat,adolensce,killer,new york times,adolensce,jan 25,power trips,wet dreams,all the way to 4 your eyes only..much ups to bas,omen,ib and all the dreamvillians..we b college kids wit just a dollar n a dream
Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by Rockyrascal(m): 3:49pm On Apr 26, 2018
kevin's heart - J.cole

New song from his KOD album starring Kelvin heart.
Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by KingLennon(m): 3:54pm On Apr 26, 2018
Fahrenhite:
If it's not Logic then i don't care.

Like for logic
Share for j.cole
Logic is good but J.cole has been blessed lyrically by the gods...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Eddie Van Halen Dies Of Cancer Aged 65 / Daddy Freeze: 'who Are You Voting For, Redeemed Or Winners? / Denrele In Abeokuta Wearing Ladies' Cloth And High Heel Shoes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.