Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,749 members, 7,820,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (1001376 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Zutlin: 8:06am On May 19, 2018
Huge congratulations to all PPR recipients. You all give us hope and joy.

My current status is IP1 (medicals already passed). I pray my application processing is fast and successful. I can't wait!

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by fizzile(m): 8:10am On May 19, 2018
yahooz:
Please house, who knows how long this would take?
Hey yahooz:

1. WES is expecting verification from your University. So simply walk down to your Uni and see how you can sort that out.
2. Use hellofax to send a copy of your certificate to WES via fax and that will solve it.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by yahooz: 8:19am On May 19, 2018
fizzile:
Hey yahooz:

1. WES is expecting verification from your University. So simply walk down to your Uni and see how you can sort that out.
2. Use hellofax to send a copy of your certificate to WES via fax and that will solve it.

They already have the certificate as I had faxed it to them earlier and it was acknowledged by WES.

For the verification, is WES sending my school i.e. UNILAG an email for verification or they’re sending them copies of the transcript and degree certificate for UNILAG via POST to verify?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by TEECANN: 8:23am On May 19, 2018
reavealhidden:

hehehehe...oga, abeg sir oooo!!!
I'm one of your fans naaa... grin grin
on a lighter note, let's try not to reinvent the wheel wink wink...
Lemme borrow your phrase...It will end for all of us in praise!

Thanks my good friend @revealhidden

As it is a weekend now, let me put some info out as we are all learning.

Contrary to your view, there's no case of trying to reinvent the wheel here.

Only if we can get curious to know why some things are done they way they re done, then we will all agree that, though people take different routes, they still come to the same destination one way or the other. grin

The popular info here on the Canadian EE thread is to evaluate your highest credential to earn the points needed, right? If you have Masters, B.Sc, NCE, etc, just evaluate your masters and get moving. I'm sure the advice came on the strength of the wahala that people were going through to collect their transcripts and all...and in any case, it is just the Masters that you will need to evaluate to get the needed Canadian Equivalency to earn your EE points.

Ok, that being said, if you eventually have time on your hands and can get all your B.sc, M.Sc, NCE transcripts thrown into the WES evaluation "cookinig pot", it will still all be evaluated one by one and come cooked as overall Masters degree Canadian Equivalency, see? Same thing with the guy that threw in only his Masters degree for evaluation.

In my case, I have envisaged that I'll be needing my transcripts for some pursuits later on in Canny, so what did I do? I simply "pre-loaded" all my transcripts for evaluation to WES- B.Sc, M.Sc, Diploma- all for the price of one degree (I used WES as my transcript warehouse grin). My WES ECA still came back as "OVERALL CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY- MASTERS DEGREE", See?

Why did I do that? I'm not coming back to Nigeria to chase any transcript for that my future "envisaged need" or be calling one Bayo upandan to help me go to Exams and Records Unit to check whether my transcript is out grin I'll simply instruct WES to evaluate which of my transcript that I need, on a course by course basis and deliver to the appropriate agency, with minimal headache! grin I have just used "one stone to kill two birds"

So, you relate now when I said, you know the reason but you must have forgotten! grin

I appreciate your candour and opportunity to discuss this for others to learn and make their decisions.

If I'm wrong, I welcome opposing views, we are all learning! (It was on this thread that I eventually learnt how to withdraw a degree from the bouquet of degrees already named to WES for evaluation but where it is becoming difficult to get the transcript across(and you need the evaluation process to continue and the withdrawn degree has no impact on the overall evaluation)...to imagine the stress I went through searching for this same info earlier for a friend which we didn't get grin...On this hustle, no one can know it all, we are still learning every day)

It will end in praise IJN!

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by TEECANN: 8:46am On May 19, 2018
wisdom77:
Do one get more points by evaluating your Bsc and MSC?

Don't get confused, please, take time to read first...I can't imagine a short cut to this "ish" (I wish there is for the newbies), you just have to read about alot of things in this journey. Info on this Canadian EE is good, but you still have to read even outside of this place so as to put your own scenario in perspective and know other ways that may fit your bill better than the info that is here.

elfmannisback: I talk am

grin grin...you sha!! Allow us the initial benefit of being a newbie na...a newbie today is a guru tomorrow (that if he reads wide and deep ooo! grin)

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by fizzile(m): 8:50am On May 19, 2018
yahooz:

They already have the certificate as I had faxed it to them earlier and it was acknowledged by WES.

For the verification, is WES sending my school i.e. UNILAG an email for verification or they’re sending them copies of the transcript and degree certificate for UNILAG via POST to verify?

Thanks.
I think for UNILAG, am email for verification will be sent by WES. The rest depends on the office responsible for transcripts. You have to followup to know if such mail has arrived and possibly do the needful. Most schools charge a token for verification. Dont really know about Unilag. I think a couple of persons have discussed that on the thread. But visit the office incharge of transcript and make enquiries if such mail has been received
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by jossy26: 8:51am On May 19, 2018
Hello house. Thumbs up to all active contributors. I would like to ask if its possible to use my previous job as my primary NOC because my current job is not in the occupation in demand list of the province am looking at but the previous job is available and it's still within the past 5years.
If it's possible how do I claim it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ArcUgo(m): 8:57am On May 19, 2018
TEECANN:

Why did I do that? I'm not coming back to Nigeria to chase any transcript for that my future "envisaged need" or be calling one Bayo upandan to help me go to Exams and Records Unit to check whether my transcript is out I'll simply instruct WES to evaluate which of my transcript that I need, on a course by course basis and deliver to the appropriate agency, with minimal headache grin I have just used "one stone to kill two birds"

Same reason I'm evaluating both degrees for me and Wifey smiley. I just can't go through this process again and it's even worse if you're over there trying to get it. I know what a friend experienced trying to get BSc evaluated after relocating. I jeje learnt from his mistake.

So my advice to anyone doing ECA is to ensure all your transcripts get to WES even if you end up evaluating only the highest degree for EE.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by happytbaby: 9:04am On May 19, 2018
@Teecann

You are absolutely correct.

ArcUgo:

Same reason I'm evaluating both degrees for me and Wifey smiley. I just can't go through this process again and it's even worse if you're over there trying to get it. I know what a friend experienced trying to get BSc evaluated after relocating. I jeje learnt from his mistake.

So my advice to anyone doing ECA is to ensure all your transcripts get to WES even if you end up evaluating only the highest degree for EE.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Medal007: 9:21am On May 19, 2018
TEECANN:

Only if we can get curious to know why some things are done they way they re done, then we will all agree that, though people take different routes, they still come to the same destination one way or the other. grin

Ok, that being said, if you eventually have time on your hands and can get all your B.sc, M.Sc, NCE transcripts thrown into the WES evaluation "cookinig pot", it will still all be evaluated one by one and come cooked as overall Masters degree Canadian Equivalency, see? Same thing with the guy that threw in only his Masters degree for evaluation.

In my case, I have envisaged that I'll be needing my transcripts for some pursuits later on in Canny, so what did I do? I simply "pre-loaded" all my transcripts for evaluation to WES- B.Sc, M.Sc, Diploma- all for the price of one degree (I used them as my transcript warehouse grin). My WES ECA still came back as "OVERALL CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY- MASTERS DEGREE", See?

[b]Why did I do that?
I'm not coming back to Nigeria to chase any transcript for that my future "envisaged need" or be calling one Bayo upandan to help me go to Exams and Records Unit to check whether my transcript is out grin I'll simply instruct WES to evaluate which of my transcript that I need, on a course by course basis and deliver to the appropriate agency, with minimal headache! grin I have just used "one stone to kill two birds"[/b]

Preach sir/ma all correct

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by temibanks(m): 9:22am On May 19, 2018
Joyce2020:
Why don't you get the ACCA diploma instead which takes a shorter time?

Thank You. The thing is I have already claimed exemptions in these ACCA diploma courses, hence I can't get the certification.
But I can still claim the Advanced Diploma if I complete F4 - F9
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by temibanks(m): 9:26am On May 19, 2018
TEECANN:

The popular info here on the Canadian EE thread is to evaluate your highest credential to earn the points needed, right? If you have Masters, B.Sc, NCE, etc, just evaluate your masters and get moving. I'm sure the advice came on the strength of the wahala that people were going through to collect their transcripts and all...and in any case, it is just the Masters that you will need to evaluate to get the needed Canadian Equivalency to earn your EE points.

In my case, I have envisaged that I'll be needing my transcripts for some pursuits later on in Canny, so what did I do? I simply "pre-loaded" all my transcripts for evaluation to WES- B.Sc, M.Sc, Diploma- all for the price of one degree (I used them as my transcript warehouse grin). My WES ECA still came back as "OVERALL CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY- MASTERS DEGREE", See?

Why did I do that? I'm not coming back to Nigeria to chase any transcript for that my future "envisaged need" or be calling one Bayo upandan to help me go to Exams and Records Unit to check whether my transcript is out grin I'll simply instruct WES to evaluate which of my transcript that I need, on a course by course basis and deliver to the appropriate agency, with minimal headache! grin I have just used "one stone to kill two birds"

So, you relate now when I said, you know the reason but you must have forgotten! grin

I appreciate your candour and opportunity to discuss this for others to learn and make their decisions.

If I'm wrong, I welcome opposing views, we are all learning! (It was on this thread that I eventually learnt how to withdraw a degree from the bouquet of degrees already named to WES for evaluation but where it is becoming difficult to get the transcript across(and you need the evaluation process to continue and the withdrawn degree has no impact on the overall evaluation)...to imagine the stress I went through searching for this same info earlier for a friend which we didn't get grin...On this hustle, no one can know it all, we are still learning every day)

It will end in praise IJN!

Badass Move!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Zutlin: 9:26am On May 19, 2018
HELP PLEASE!!!

A dear friend desperately needs a PGD (in any course at all) to upgrade her points for Express Entry. From the comments here, it seems NOUN is closed for the year and although the form is still up on their website, nothing happens when I click 'Apply'.

Someone here mentioned PGDE from National Teachers Institute. It seems theirs is still on. Please does anyone know how soon one can get the result once one is done with the programme? It's a race against loosing points via age. I got my PGD result from UNIBEN years after I finished my programme...I don't want that to be her lot.

Please any recommendations of schools with quick results will be highly appreciated.

Make una help us abeg.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Bimsebony: 9:28am On May 19, 2018
yahooz:

Thanks.

WES sends both email and hardcopy via mail (This takes about 3-4 weeks to get to UNILAG.)

Unilag claimed they never got my WES verification email. They always checked and said they didn't receive it.

So it was after they received the hardcopy verification request from WES that they replied. (Though one too na one long process. If registrar no minute am out, records no fit do anything)

So get in touch with your contact to follow up with the lady on verification desk.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by luffyhaki: 10:02am On May 19, 2018
ArcUgo:

I also evaluated my Bsc and MSc even without knowing this at the time..Based on gut feeling that it would turn out useful in the nearest future.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Tojued: 10:02am On May 19, 2018
Zutlin:
HELP PLEASE!!!

A dear friend desperately needs a PGD (in any course at all) to upgrade her points for Express Entry. From the comments here, it seems NOUN is closed for the year and although the form is still up on their website, nothing happens when I click 'Apply'.

Someone here mentioned PGDE from National Teachers Institute. It seems theirs is still on. Please does anyone know how soon one can get the result once one is done with the programme? It's a race against loosing points via age. I got my PGD result from UNIBEN years after I finished my programme...I don't want that to be her lot.

Please any recommendations of schools with quick results will be highly appreciated.

Make una help us abeg.

Do a nairaland search of travel section 'nti transcript' or 'nti eca' or national teachers institute transcript' so you can see what others have posted on this.

Also search for 'ACCA F1 F3' the knowledge may come in handy.

If you don't know how to do nairaland search veg page zero for instructions and if it's not there ask Google 'how to do nairaland search'
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 10:14am On May 19, 2018
Tojued:

Do a nairaland search of travel section 'nti transcript' or 'nti eca' or national teachers institute transcript' so you can see what others have posted on this.

If you don't know how to do nairaland search veg page zero for instructions and if it's not there ask Google 'how to do nairaland search'
Haha
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by canman: 10:48am On May 19, 2018
ednut1:
use the crs tool to simulate. I doubt his points would be up to 405 with that age. Let him go and marry a young girl not up to 30 grin grin or go for province nomination

Thanks for the reply.
in trying to create an account at first, checking for eligibility, we keep getting not eligible as outcome. this gives us a fix. I think we're missing out something somewhere I could not figure out. what do we do to make up for the 67 point so as to be able to create a profile and get the reference number?

thanks again
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Speak2B: 10:48am On May 19, 2018
@onyi888 pls i'm interested in joining the March AOR group
Thnx alot kiss
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ednut1(m): 10:49am On May 19, 2018
canman:

Thanks for the reply.
in trying to create an account at first, checking for eligibility, we keep getting not eligible as outcome. this gives us a fix. I think we're missing out something somewhere I could not figure out. what do we do to make up for the 67 point so as to be able to create a profile and get the reference number?

thanks again
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by canman: 10:50am On May 19, 2018
ednut1:
use the crs tool to simulate. I doubt his points would be up to 405 with that age. Let him go and marry a young girl not up to 30 grin grin or go for province nomination

Thanks for the reply.

thanks again
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Zutlin: 10:53am On May 19, 2018
Tojued:

I do know how to do a search and I have done that. Reason why I made reference to what people said about NOUN and NTI PGDE. What I am asking for is if anyone knows how soon NTI PGDE result is available for use after completion of the programme. I have already filled the form and I'm bring prompted to make payment but I was hoping to get info on the above to enable us make an informed decision.

While I appreciate you taking out time to respond, you do come across as dismissive. Anyways, thanks for reiterating the ACCA bit...I found that helpful.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 11:01am On May 19, 2018
Zutlin:

I do know how to do a search and I have done that. Reason why I made reference to what people said about NOUN and NTI PGDE. What I am asking for is if anyone knows how soon NTI PGDE result is available for use after completion of the programme. I have already filled the form and I'm bring prompted to make payment but I was hoping to get info on the above to enable us make an informed decision.

While I appreciate you taking out time to respond, you do come across as dismissive. Anyways, thanks for reiterating the ACCA bit...I found that helpful.

Ask the school.. carry all talks to them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Saintp(m): 11:05am On May 19, 2018
redocean:

Hello,

From my experience at VFS, it has to be submitted physically but not necessarily by the applicants. Hence, you can mail all supporting documents to someone in Lagos or Abuja who will then go there and submit on your behalf.

If you choose to use a representative, then get on VFS website, print and fill out a consent form authorizing the person to submit and pick up for you.

It cost about N14,350 per applicant.

All the best.

Please I have some questions
1. How long did it take you to finish with the process there? Is it something that takes the whole day?
2. Is it strictly cash payment? Are there bank ATMs around there to get cash?
3. Did they check the documents in the envelope or just collected it they way you have packaged it?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by safex(m): 12:47pm On May 19, 2018
thanks so much, but what's the process to get the transcript as I can't find any information on their website? I hope I won't have to travel to Lagos?

ednut1:
10k plus outstanding sub(3k for each year). They use nipost to send to canada which takes 3-4 weeks. Or u can use dhl or ems ita around 13k which takes 2-3 days

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by jholarharde(f): 1:11pm On May 19, 2018
Zutlin:

it would have been a good decision to go for NTI PGDE but their results comes out late. I did my programme in 2015 but I just got a message to come for statement of result. so their result issuance takes up to 3years which I believe will not fit into your timeline.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Bonvieto: 1:11pm On May 19, 2018
I have applied for the canadian express entry and i have received an ITA, problem i have is, one of the employees i listed in the work experience portion of my express entry profile wont be able to provide me with a reference.

i understand in the permanent residence application, i can remove and add work experiences, but in my express entry profile i have realized that i cant, my question is for everyone in the house please.

the Canadian peeps use the information i provide in my express entry profile or the information i provide in the permanent residency application?

do they use both?

should i just decline the invitation, and resubmit a fresh express entry application ?

i really need solid advice on this, as am weary of being blacklisted
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ifeoma77(f): 1:21pm On May 19, 2018
Harry my one true love cry

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newman1010: 1:27pm On May 19, 2018
Hello House,

I just need a quick clarification. I have a study permit, will be leaving before September. I am also in the express entry pool (even before i applied for study permit) waiting for the score to drop (slightly below 430). My question is can i apply for PR if the score drops when i am already in Canada? are there any implications? If i apply in Nigeria before traveling, are there any implications?

Please help, person wey ask question no dey miss road. Please don't yab me ooo, i am not feeling fine today.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Joyce2020: 2:16pm On May 19, 2018
I would recommend you go the ACCA route. Its faster and more assuring.
Zutlin:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 19, 2018
Please, has anyone ever gotten PPR through the Federal skilled trades program?

I am seriously considering this and I need leads. My only concern is challenging the qualifications and it seems one must be in Canada to write the exams. I'll appreciate if anyone has useful information.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Bonvieto: 2:32pm On May 19, 2018
Newman1010:
Hello House,

I just need a quick clarification. I have a study permit, will be leaving before September. I am also in the express entry pool (even before i applied for study permit) waiting for the score to drop (slightly below 430). My question is can i apply for PR if the score drops when i am already in Canada? are there any implications? If i apply in Nigeria before traveling, are there any implications?

Please help, person wey ask question no dey miss road. Please don't yab me ooo, i am not feeling fine today.

Thanks

you most likely wont get an ITA, if memory serves me right for the past 4 months the cut-off has been 441, so a score of 430 might not cut it.
i would advice you go in September, finish your studies, i assume in Canada once one graduates, one can apply for a work permit, it is at this stage i would advice you fill an an express entry profile, cos at this stage you would have already graduated and your score would definitely go up

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (619)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.