Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,387 members, 7,822,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (1001879 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by nat138: 9:31pm On May 28, 2018
Newmum0615:
I have a blog where I write stories, so I just dey form 'ehen, is it not this writing I do every time?"

Biko link to the blog
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by DayoNiyi(m): 9:38pm On May 28, 2018
Good evening everyone, I came across this recently on Twitter. My question is what is the implication of this tweet? or these tweets as the case is.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by DayoNiyi(m): 9:40pm On May 28, 2018
DayoNiyi:
Good evening everyone, I came across this recently on Twitter. My question is what is the implication of this tweet? or these tweets as the case is.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 28, 2018
Harjeehbaday:

As for me, I will rewrite June 30th

Same here. BC or IDP?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ArcUgo(m): 9:44pm On May 28, 2018
I completely agree with you. A friend of mine wrote Academic IELTS in error earlier this year and got an 8 in writing and he just saw his May result and guess what, writing 6.5. Something sinister is going on.
DonTee07:
I have been reading a lot of IELTS story but I beg to differ that IELTS are doing this on purpose. How can someone score 8.5,9,8 in LRS and score 6.0 in writing? it happened to a friend...she was devastated and wanted to rewrite but got a trip to USA. I advised her to write it in NY and she followed my advice. Result is out and she got 8.5,9,8.5,8 in LRSW. Lest I forget, she said she didn't have chance to even read again but wrote the exam based on residual knowledge and from her previous study of IELTS. These people are deliberately puncturing scores cause they know the damage 6.0 or 6.5 can do.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Randomsue: 9:51pm On May 28, 2018
Newmum0615:
Nice. I wish you good luck and speed. The LOE is not a biggie. Just keep it simple. Don't do too much explaining and tie rope round your legs. You won't be the firjst NOC changer they are dealing with.

Thanks a bunch ma'am. Rounding up document gathering and planning for medicals.

Cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by 1mole1: 10:04pm On May 28, 2018
1mole1:
Please has anyone from *OAU* tried using EXT ng to send their transcript to IQAS or WES? I'm really confused here because OAU said requesting for transcript is now done online, who fills the request for that is supposed to be filled by the school? Is it EXT or how do they do it?
Please help a colleague
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by mcstan18(m): 10:10pm On May 28, 2018
Josh121:
If one get exemptions for F1-F3 how many sittings can one write f4 to f9

In 2 sittings, if one passes at the first time of asking
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by DboyizGood(m): 10:11pm On May 28, 2018
yeyerolling:
called. They said it wasnt ready

Please forget those people oo...if you have time pls go and to the office. Once you call and tell them it's EOR and they just hear it's less than 12 weeks, its automatically not ready.

Please go and check o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Bellniki1: 10:24pm On May 28, 2018
Abefeolu:

You shouldn't dear. This should make you more determined and give you that push to work harder. All will be well.
Harjeehbaday:

You dont have to be disappointed, just take this as a challenge and prepare well!
we shall all have good testimonies.

As for me, I will rewrite June 30th
Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by chizilulu(f): 10:35pm On May 28, 2018
My Lagos VFS Story:

I got there by 9:30 am after missing my way. Guys it's at that Elegushi beach roundabout on your left if you are coming from Ajah. There's an inscription at the entrance IKATE ELEGUSHI. Just go down the road. You will know that you are there when people start hounding you to take passport photos or make photocopies. I was directed upstairs to the 2nd floor. I joined the queue there. Please ignore questions about having an appointment and all. When it got to my turn, I told the woman I came for passport transmission. She asked for my PPR letter and I showed her. She gave me a token number PPT44. I mistakenly did not inform her about my family size as I was later sent back when I got to the next stage, to get the token number for my spouse and child. So if you get to the first stage tell them your family size after showing them your ppr letter. They will request for their passports before giving you the token number for each family member in your application. From the 2nd floor I went to the first floor. Ignore the security man at the entrance and the token he's giving to other people. You do not need it. After a bit of confusion, I realised I was supposed to go to counter 1 first. So I sat in front of the Counter 1 guy and waited for him to call my number. When it got to my turn, he asked me what I came for and I told him passport transmission. He asked me to bring the things I wanted to send to accra, I gave him 2 copies of our passports, the passports, IMM 0008, vac consent form, ppr mail with height and eye colour, 2 copies of studio 24 pics. I realised that the guy doesn't know what I should submit. Anything you give him, he will just package it for you so let's guide ourselves on that. He put everything in a red bag. I later got to understand that red bag is for ppr. There are other people there with black bags and others with orange bags, I think it represents other visa categories. He wrote the amount to pay 14,350 per peeson. He didn't ask about courier and I didn't bother as I had already planned to come back for the pick up. He directed me to counter 6 which is the bank for payment. I paid and they didn't give me my N50 change...lol. Please have as close to the exact amount as possible. After payment I was given 3 receipts, for each person and was directed to counter 8 or 9. I got there and was given a number PPT 4 and asked to sit and wait for my turn. This passport transmission thing is new to them, they are yet to integrate it in their daily activities. For instance there is a sound system and tv display that shows the next token number to be attended to and by whom. You will not see PPT token numbers displayed. You don't even know who will attend to you and we were just 4 people who had the red bags. They attend to the orange and black bag guys more and then intermittently call PPT guys. You need to strain your ears to hear the officers when they call you because the sound system will not call PPT numbers. When a superior officer came we went to complain about the delay in attending to us. That was our saving grace. I eventually submitted and was given a print out which contained our tracking numbers. I left by 12:45pm. Paid N500 for parking space. I saw people with their bags though. Maybe they have reviewed the no bag rule.

57 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Aloaye(m): 10:38pm On May 28, 2018
happytbaby:
You must practise your strategy too. One may not be able to successfully implement a new strategy in the exam hall without prior testing.

You need to test it with practice.

Very true. All join.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Benny247(m): 10:48pm On May 28, 2018
ghuzy01:

How much was the total package pls
#41, 400
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ifeoluwakintan: 11:30pm On May 28, 2018
Amen. How did it go? Have your received It? By God's grace, we will all testify to the glory of the Lord.

Happy Democracy Holiday.

Bimsebony:

Thanks @ifeoluwakintan

I was actually there 2 weeks ago and was told it wasn't back. Called this past Monday and same thing. I will again next week Monday.

The wait can be frustrating but I choose to focus.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by mimikoko: 6:28am On May 29, 2018
Good morning everyone, I wrote IELTS on the 24th of May and we did listening after reading. I found this rather strange as listening would be usually done before listening and writing. Has anyone experienced this please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by vascey(m): 6:34am On May 29, 2018
cheromel:

You cant evaluate an incomplete degree. Either evaluate only your B.sc or wait to complete your masters.

PhDAdmission19 You can evaluate incomplete degree. It's all about Canadian equivalence of the completed course work. Contact WES and be sure your school will send your transcript.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Osaze007: 6:46am On May 29, 2018
ArcUgo:
I completely agree with you. A friend of mine wrote Academic IELTS in error earlier this year and got an 8 in writing and he just saw his May result and guess what, writing 6.5. Something sinister is going on.

Academic is actually easier than General

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ethelia(f): 6:49am On May 29, 2018
thekingskiddy:
Now we sabi those people wey join literary and debating society for primary and secondary school.

grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ArcUgo(m): 6:57am On May 29, 2018
You must be joking lol
Osaze007:

Academic is actually easier than General

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by beautyfoch: 7:06am On May 29, 2018
Feeling so pissed now embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed

Good morning house. Please has anyone experienced this sort of thing. I made an inquiry with WES using their "Contact Us" and it took forever to receive a response. When it finally came it was an off-point response, not in any way related to the question I asked sad shocked.

Is it that their customer service is inefficient or what?? Cos ayam not understanding lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Osaze007: 7:42am On May 29, 2018
ArcUgo:
You must be joking lol

Or you don’t know the marking standards of academic is less strict than general ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Compu001: 8:45am On May 29, 2018
If you can call them, I think it's the best option.
quote author=beautyfoch post=67976974]Feeling so pissed now embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed

Good morning house. Please has anyone experienced this sort of thing. I made an inquiry with WES using their "Contact Us" and it took forever to receive a response. When it finally came it was an off-point response, not in any way related to the question I asked sad shocked.

Is it that their customer service is inefficient or what?? Cos ayam not understanding lipsrsealed [/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by PresVA: 9:12am On May 29, 2018
PresVA:
heyy people. . happy Sunday. .

please anyone has a contact for Wes verification at NOUN? Please I will really appreciate, my brother's verification has been pending for almost two months..

Thanks a lot smiley
Anyone,?? smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by tholuwalorpe: 9:30am On May 29, 2018
Hello house,

Please does anyone know of any contact in Ekiti State University for WES verification?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by efi97(m): 9:32am On May 29, 2018
Where did you write yours? Cos I wrote mine at Lekki Coliseum on 24 may also and we did listening before reading.
Did they explain why the unusual change?
mimikoko:
Good morning everyone, I wrote IELTS on the 24th of May and we did listening after reading. I found this rather strange as listening would be usually done before listening and writing. Has anyone experienced this please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nwandy218: 9:43am On May 29, 2018
Hello, is it compulsory to complete the IMM0008 and IMM5406 forms for adding a dependent child. I raised a cse in Jan and LVO requested medicals for my son. However, I have not received any instructions from them to complete the forms. AOR, Nov 6th.
I have also paid for him and submitted all other documents. He was added to my application in march but no placeholder to upload anything for him
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Fresty(f): 10:01am On May 29, 2018
fizzile:
Amen oooo. Any update regarding yours your evaluation?

not yet. my uni is responding to WES this week.
then I'll get the final date.

there's a strike looming again. just don't wanna be caught in it this week.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by fizzile(m): 10:07am On May 29, 2018
Fresty:

not yet. my uni is responding to WES this week.
then I'll get the final date.

there's a strike looming again. just don't wanna be caught in it this week.

Strike? Are you for real? Pls how did u get the info? Na waaa for naija. There is just everything wrong with this country. Just keep your fingers crossed, hopefully everything will work for your good.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Bimsebony: 10:11am On May 29, 2018
ifeoluwakintan:
Amen. How did it go? Have your received It? By God's grace, we will all testify to the glory of the Lord.

Happy Democracy Holiday.

HDD too!

Amen amen!!!

Called yesterday, spoke to a representative who got my details and promised to call back. When he called, he apologised for the delay that it was due to some logistic issues but that hopefully it will be back soon.

So, I dey wait my goodnews of upgrade. (14th week)

Enjoy your day.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Fresty(f): 10:11am On May 29, 2018
fizzile:
Strike? Are you for real? Pls how did u get the info? Na waaa for naija. There is just everything wrong with this country. Just keep your fingers crossed, hopefully everything will work for your good.

hmm. I waited for the initial 3months (December to March) strike for this matter. this one will not catch me. I pray it's delayed.

amen ooo.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by jhoci: 10:12am On May 29, 2018
Please help...

jhoci:
Hello Fam,

I have a couple of questions, kindly excuse my ignorance. My passport will expire 19th Jan 2019. I am waiting for my ECA to be completed before filling the express entry form with an estimated point of 460. My concerns;

1. Should I apply for a new passport now before I fill the EE form since I have barely six months validity left on my current passport?

2. Is it possible to get a new passport with my current one still valid for a little over six months?

PS: I have a valid US visa and might travel for some family issues after submitting my eAPR.

Thanks for the expected response(s) smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Harjeehbaday(m): 10:12am On May 29, 2018
Abefeolu:

Same here. BC or IDP?

I wrote the first one with BC, i think i may still stick with them, i initially wanted to write this weekend with IDP but i changed my mind.
I will still request remark for my reading and writing though!
am visiting their office tomorrow.

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (619)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.