Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,357 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (1006310 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by jhoci: 1:00pm On May 29, 2018
Thanks for your response. Please can you give me your contact's number?

agates:

1. You can apply for a new passport before the 6 months expiry. Did it for my son and no hassles. Depends on who is helping you in immigration tho.

2. Having a valid visa on the previous passport will not be an issue if you are travelling.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by adex05: 1:03pm On May 29, 2018
[quote author=SolutionsGuy post=67985426]

Thank you my brother. It's from my friends who wrote IELTS in US and Canada that I knew people who grew up and schooled in Nigeria could actually score between 8 and 9 in Writing and Speaking without extraordinary preparation.
It's very easy to exploit us here in Nigeria, and we usually helplessly accept it in good faith. We bring in prayers to it and coin that IELTS is a 'humbler of men'. grin grin grin[/quot

Well presented,I have lost confidence with BC too.
These guys are definitely exploiting Nigerians​....May God help us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by einsteino(m): 1:09pm On May 29, 2018
Engr2000:

Well I have called WES twice and they pick immediately, I usually call around 8pm. The Customer service rep are very friendly.

Oh maybe they have improved. When i was at the stage of WES, trying to reach their customercare was a gamble. And by isnt the best experience, i didn't mean they were rude, i meant they werent immediately accessible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by einsteino(m): 1:14pm On May 29, 2018
Canadianhopeful:
Hello house, I am new here and i have been trying to read through the posts to understand the whole application process but it looks like my case is a little different because I am a little lost
So my husband and I applied for the Canadian federal skilled workers programme in 2016 through an agent I. Canada but we are yet to get any form of correspondence showing application fee has been paid or that the office got our application.
The agent, an immigration lawyer claims the firm has filed our application and that there is a backlog of applications that need to be dealt with before it can get to out turn. She advised we change our application to express entry and that we would not need to pay another application fee, just go ahead and donour ielts. We have been dragging our feet on our ielts becos we are yet to see any proof of action from this agent.
Please, what documents do we need to ask her to show us to know she is actually doing something? And how long does it take them to view your application
N:B...all documents have already been sent, certs, police reports, etc etc. It only remains transcripts and ielts
Please advise further, we have spent a lot on this already but we do not see any progress

Sorry for the long post

If you made an application via the old way ie not express entry, it may take forever. I cant speak about the sincerity/insincerity of your agent.

What i do know is that you are wasting your precious time dragging your feet. You already lost 2years and that translates to losing points for age. If i were you, I would evaluate my crs score now to see if i still stand a chance, then get the ball rolling.

By the way if you are willing to read through the pages of this thread, you can apply by yourself. If not, stick to your agent or anyone that you trust.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ednut1(m): 1:17pm On May 29, 2018
Canadianhopeful:
And how long does it take them to view your application
N:B...all documents have already been sent, certs, police reports, etc etc. It only remains transcripts and ielts
Please advise further, we have spent a lot on this already but we do not see any progress

Sorry for the long post
without ielts and eca the agent could not have submitted your application. We can assume your were D**** lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by codehead777: 1:25pm On May 29, 2018
ysteph:
I need it too.

Ielts@idp.com

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by codehead777: 1:25pm On May 29, 2018
Jbaby09:
Good morning house; please has anyone got direct contact for IDP Australia? Please share. Many thanks

Ielts@idp.com

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by coolangel54(f): 1:33pm On May 29, 2018
Same here o. I am speaking on Thursday too. Have you gotten the venue for the other components? I am writing with IDP though.
SegunWamiri:
Hello @June 2 Ielts scheduled candidates who have already done their speaking test. Could you please intimate us of the questions asked during the second and third lap? Mine is for Thursday though. Your kind responses would be highly appreciated.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by SegunWamiri(m): 1:41pm On May 29, 2018
tolfa:
I don't know if this is your first attempt but questions differs in speaking only in few cases you have same questions with another candidate..but this link will help http://ieltsliz.com/recent-ielts-questions-and-topics/
for latest questions around the world.

I'm aware of the emboldened. Just looking out for those few cases. One might be fortunate you know wink

It's my second and LAST attempt grin

Thanks for the link though

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 29, 2018
Hello my good people!

Please I would like to confirm the following:

I worked in a hospital in a village in Oyo state. In my reference letter, I noticed the following:

1). The letterhead is originally in black and white so when scanned, it comes out as black and white. Will this suffice for my application? Must the reference letter be colored?

2). The letterhead contains just the hospital logo and name, but no official email or hospital address or phone number. So my former boss (a doctor) had to put his personal email (gmail) and phone number in the closing of the letter.

3). The doctor explained that he does not have a business card but he sent me a copy of his driver's license which has his full name and the hospital name written on his driver's license. I asked him if he has an ID card which indicates that he is a Medical Doctor but he said "no".

Please what should I do in these scenarios? Many thanks.

God bless you all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Crowndit: 1:53pm On May 29, 2018
Lol.. This has to be a joke. I have writtenand passed both and can tell u General is easier. In particular Reading under General dey learn where Reading in Academics dey.
Osaze007:

Academic is actually easier than General

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by agates: 1:56pm On May 29, 2018
jhoci:
Thanks for your response. Please can you give me your contact's number?

Where are you located? I did it in Abuja
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 2:01pm On May 29, 2018
Thank you very much.

Regards.

codehead777:

Ielts@idp.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by jhoci: 2:07pm On May 29, 2018
Oh! I'm in Lagos.
agates:

Where are you located? I did it in Abuja
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Amakyzuu: 2:28pm On May 29, 2018
write them and send through hellofax...
beautyfoch:
Feeling so pissed now embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed

Good morning house. Please has anyone experienced this sort of thing. I made an inquiry with WES using their "Contact Us" and it took forever to receive a response. When it finally came it was an off-point response, not in any way related to the question I asked sad shocked.

Is it that their customer service is inefficient or what?? Cos ayam not understanding lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Canadianhopeful: 2:50pm On May 29, 2018
einsteino:

If you made an application via the old way ie not express entry, it may take forever. I cant speak about the sincerity/insincerity of your agent.

What i do know is that you are wasting your precious time dragging your feet. You already lost 2years and that translates to losing points for age. If i were you, I would evaluate my crs score now to see if i still stand a chance, then get the ball rolling.

By the way if you are willing to read through the pages of this thread, you can apply by yourself. If not, stick to your agent or anyone that you trust.
this is most helpful, thank you so much. She says we shld do an express entry application with our ielts seeing it is taking so long. I think we will have to do just that. Can my husband alone do the ielts based on cost implication?/he is the principal applicant. He has an MBA, I have an MSc
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Canadianhopeful: 2:55pm On May 29, 2018
ednut1:
without ielts and eca the agent could not have submitted your application. We can assume your were D**** lipsrsealed
if she really hasn't submitted it at all, that will be really sad. I doubt she is dubious, she has successfully helped some acquaintances and never ignores our calls, she also promptly responds to emails and whatsapp messages , but we just feel there is something she is not saying or doing. I cab now see from everything that ielts is the starting point of moving forward. I feel really dejected right now but moving forward is the only option right now
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 29, 2018
Canadianhopeful:
if she really hasn't submitted it at all, that will be really sad. I doubt she is dubious, she has successfully helped some acquaintances and never ignores our calls, she also promptly responds to emails and whatsapp messages , but we just feel there is something she is not saying or doing. I cab now see from everything that ielts is the starting point of moving forward. I feel really dejected right now but moving forward is the only option right now
She can not claim to have done something without ielts, eca, medicals and police report. Meanwhile, u can not even stand a chance without the first two... So confront her. How have you paid her?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 29, 2018
Canadianhopeful:
this is most helpful, thank you so much. She says we shld do an express entry application with our ielts seeing it is taking so long. I think we will have to do just that. Can my husband alone do the ielts based on cost implication?/he is the principal applicant. He has an MBA, I have an MSc
You need to check your eligibility and CRS score status es... Page 0 is for you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Canadianhopeful: 3:06pm On May 29, 2018
Elfmannisback:

She can not claim to have done something without ielts, eca, medicals and police report. Meanwhile, u can not even stand a chance without the first two... So confront her. How have you paid her?
yes, we paid her upfront plus application fees. She didn't ask for medicals, just ECA and ielts
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Canadianhopeful: 3:06pm On May 29, 2018
Elfmannisback:

You need to check your eligibility and CRS score status es... Page 0 is for you.
thank you, I will
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by SegunWamiri(m): 3:24pm On May 29, 2018
coolangel54:
Same here o. I am speaking on Thursday too. Have you gotten the venue for the other components? I am writing with IDP though.
Also registered with IDP but would be sitting for the exam on the mainland.

I'm yet to receive venue details for Lrw as well but I'm not bothered. I'm certain that it would be sent even if it's on Friday night. Lol . I have a feeling it would be the same venue as the speaking sha

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by mcstan18(m): 3:30pm On May 29, 2018
Canadianhopeful:
yes, we paid her upfront plus application fees. She didn't ask for medicals, just ECA and ielts

No medical report, no PCC yet she claims she has submitted an application? That doesn't sound so cool. I think you need to start doing these things yourself from here onward, while you follow up with her on the outcome of the one already paid for. I doubt if anything would come out of that anyway.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Saintp(m): 3:30pm On May 29, 2018
Nwandy218:
Hello, is it compulsory to complete the IMM0008 and IMM5406 forms for adding a dependent child. I raised a cse in Jan and LVO requested medicals for my son. However, I have not received any instructions from them to complete the forms. AOR, Nov 6th.
I have also paid for him and submitted all other documents. He was added to my application in march but no placeholder to upload anything for him

I don't think it is an issue since you have submitted all your son's documents. You will get the chance to fill those forms when you get PPR, then you can add your son to the form.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by TEECANN: 3:32pm On May 29, 2018
Canadianhopeful:

Elfmannisback:

Canadianhopeful:

Madam, the new upgraded express entry started in 2015 and from your chat, if memory serves me right, I think you said you started the process in 2016...Hence, what folks are telling you about the Express Entry procedures here are extant (ie very current and active for your case) and I presume that should also apply to your 2016 application.

Please, probe deeper and know the truth...one sure way to know what to ask for is by you to first of all, understand the express entry process and all that it entails. If your fears eventually gets confirmed (ie that you have been duped), please by all means, help yourself by "doing it yourself". You are a graduate, you can read and more importantly, you understand English as you will still pass IELTS. So there's no biggie to it, just create interest and time and take it step by step.

NB: Over the couple of threads previous, I have seen people with more zero knowledge of the express entry stagger into the threads, who came crying about their travails in the hands of agents (before they discover the express entry threads) and went ahead to get PPR- doing it step by step- WES evaluation, IELTS, ITA until their PPR dropped. Literally from the scratch...zero knowledge. You too can do it!

It will end in praise IJN!

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 29, 2018
Canadianhopeful:
Na wa oh and I can't get one client. Go and collect back your cash.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by einsteino(m): 4:09pm On May 29, 2018
Canadianhopeful:

Yes but you should know there is additional points for spouse ielts. So the best thing to do is to use the CRS calculator tool to check his tentative score to see if it would get you guys ITA without the additional points of your ielts.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by einsteino(m): 4:10pm On May 29, 2018
Elfmannisback:

Na wa oh and I can't get one client. Go and collect back your cash.

Is this elfman? I ask cos the moniker has a (f)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by happytbaby: 4:34pm On May 29, 2018
Its the same person

einsteino:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 29, 2018
einsteino:

Yeah.. I will revert soon. How's ur application?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by einsteino(m): 4:43pm On May 29, 2018
happytbaby:
Its the same person

Oh. Thanks.

I salute elfmann

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by TEECANN: 5:40pm On May 29, 2018
Hello fam,

When I ve planned on using this public holiday to populate the profile forms and take those off the way and I am having this error issue.

I signed into my profile and clicked "CONTINUE".

It directed me to the PR Application forms.

I was filling up "personal details" and filled up to the last part "relatives sub-form" and when I clicked on "SAVE AND ADD" so I can populate for others, this error pop-up came up- "appendGrid does not initialized" and I couldn't save and add nor proceed.

Please, has anyone- both present or former applicant" experienced this? How I can I resolve it please?

NB: I am using Mozilla browser, can it be a problem?

Thank you in advance.

It will end in praise IJN!

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (619)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.