Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (997470 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Instinct50: 2:41pm On May 30, 2018
Alright. Thank you

ysteph:
Yes. She should sign as ''donor/executor of the estate of Late .....''
Your friend signs as ''donee''.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by mcstan18(m): 2:50pm On May 30, 2018
tosinkay:
Good day family.
Please is there anyone that know somebody that can help at University of Nigeria. WES sent request to UNN since last year and up till now no response from them. Please i need someone that can help facilitate this.
This tiring is almost six months now.
Thanks

Sorry about your experience. You may do me a PM.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 30, 2018
Exactly, at 444, he stood a good chance at clinching ITA. Well, there's no need crying over spilled milk. IRCC's decision may be a rejection. Getting a reference letter to cover for the gap and subsequently raising a CSE could clear the VO's doubt.
Elfmannisback:

The issue is when he claimed the three years. He got ITA but I don't know why folks rush like this. At 444, he would have submitted long ago. You use a pseudo 465 and this. He can only wait on IRCC to make a decision.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Kolabyk(m): 3:11pm On May 30, 2018
Good day all,

I have a big challenge regarding RSA letter of reference. I made a request for a letter stating the usual information as required for POF but my pension manager replied with the attached.

...so i was wondering if this letter is fit for purpose.

[IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/2u584jp.png[/IMG]

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 3:35pm On May 30, 2018
They are not serious. Are the only PFA around?
Anyway, since they are willing to give you a statement and assuming that the statement will show the total amount you have, do an LOE to attach with your POF docs, explaining that you requested for a letter in IRCC format and was given the response below. Also attach your request mail if possible. In the LOE, do the calc of 25% of the total amount and state the figure.

Kolabyk:
Good day all,

I have a big challenge regarding RSA letter of reference. I made a request for a letter stating the usual information as required for POF but my pension manager replied with the attached.

[img]file:///C:/Users/Administrator/Pictures/rsa.png[/img]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 30, 2018
codebrew85:
Exactly, at 444, he stood a good chance at clinching ITA. Well, there's no need crying over spilled milk. IRCC's decision may be a rejection. Getting a reference letter to cover for the gap and subsequently raising a CSE could clear the VO's doubt.
They know he may still be employed but additional six months now was two months less the time he got the ITA. Without the extra one year he shouldn't have got the ITA.. 444 vs 446! Nothing to clear any VO doubts, he is at their mercy or he starts afresh.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 3:48pm On May 30, 2018
Boss, you are not getting me. The ref letter I suggested, should cover for the period between December 2015 and April 2016 since that was where the gap was before he got ITA.
Elfmannisback:

They know he may still be employed but additional six months now was two months less the time he got the ITA. Without the extra one year he shouldn't have got the ITA.. 444 vs 446! Nothing to clear any VO doubts, he is at their mercy or he starts afresh.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by luffyhaki: 3:51pm On May 30, 2018
Elfmannisback:

Some of us have intentionally dodged ITA because we know we require about 2 more weeks to cross the 3years+ threshold. Infact, I had to expunge my current work experience from my profile because the system is seeing it as 3 years+ and therefore awarding me the associated points.

Be guided ya'll
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 30, 2018
Nwandy218:
Send me a mail. Can't post contact number here.
Please I sent you a mail for the same reason. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by EngrKen8(m): 4:14pm On May 30, 2018
Greetings all. May PPR fall on everyone ASAP. Naija guys crossing border illegally from US will not spoil this for us. �
Quick question though. A friend asked me if he can put his POF in treasury bills post AOR. I really don’t know, so I figured I’d ask this honorable house. Anyone?

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 30, 2018
Was a BC today to find our the status of my EOR. According to one madam, there is an upsurge in pple seeking EOR and they are have logistics challenges. Bla bla bla. They cant say when i would get feedback. 13 weeks now. Gosh
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by conebeam: 4:25pm On May 30, 2018
Newmum0615:
They are not serious. Are the only PFA
Newmum, pls I sent you a PM
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Kolabyk(m): 4:25pm On May 30, 2018
You're the best! cool

May Allah reward you abundantly.

Newmum0615:
They are not serious. Are the only PFA around?
Anyway, since they are willing to give you a statement and assuming that the statement will show the total amount you have, do an LOE to attach with your POF docs, explaining that you requested for a letter in IRCC format and was given the response below. Also attach your request mail if possible. In the LOE, do the calc of 25% of the total amount and state the figure.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by extraterestrial: 4:27pm On May 30, 2018
Hey people, this issue on work experience is getting me abit worked up..kindly help me clarify if this could be an issue for my spouse and I...based on where we served we figured it would be almost impossible getting reference letters from there so we skipped the nysc year and claimed points just on where we currently work. In personal history while filling the pr application forms we just put unemployed for that period. Please hope this doesn't present itself as misrepresentation �
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 30, 2018
codebrew85:
Boss, you are not getting me. The ref letter I suggested, should cover for the period between December 2015 and April 2016 since that was where the gap was before he got ITA.
Again, It depends on when he completed his dental program. If that period.. Internship, was part of his study, it may not sail. If he claimed points on it, he must have provided them the reference letter.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Tojued: 4:45pm On May 30, 2018
Kolabyk:
Good day all,

[IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/2u584jp.png[/IMG]

Have you considered asking them to address a letter to you containing the required information? If you're the addressee then it's not third party disclosure anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 30, 2018
yeyerolling:
Was a BC today to find our the status of my EOR. According to one madam, there is an upsurge in pple seeking EOR and they are have logistics challenges. Bla bla bla. They cant say when i would get feedback. 13 weeks now. Gosh
They mark anyhow, they see anyway EOR requests.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 30, 2018
Bimsebony:
So, I dey wait my goodnews of upgrade. (14th week)

14th week? shocked Na wa for BC. It will surely end in praise.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by johnbaums: 5:02pm On May 30, 2018
Hi everyone,

I had someone help me process my pcc, and it says valid for travel to the USA, instead of Canada. It also says valid for 3 months. Is that the kind of information that's supposed to be on it, and can I use it to apply to Canada?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 30, 2018
mcstan18:

This your gender ehn......Are you a lady? cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by SegunWamiri(m): 5:18pm On May 30, 2018
coolangel54:
I'm writing on the Island (Lekki). I got a reply mail from them that LRW details would be sent soon. I am on my way to Lag from Delta in preparation for my speaking test tomorrow at Ellyville hotel. IT WILL END IN PRAISE.

Ok. I received mine quite late last night and it's a different venue from that of the speaking component.

Wish you a safe arrival and all the best tomorrow.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by geotherm: 5:41pm On May 30, 2018
grammy010:

Hello Fam!

Good day my people! I'm here to share a useful experience and at the same time ask for opinions on the best way to tackle the issues. I hope we can all learn from it as we submit our applications.

It's about a friend of mine that submitted his application in January and his status has remained in IP1 since February. We decided to order for his GCMS file less than 3 weeks ago and it came yesterday.

So the VO had recommended a further review of his application since February 27. He explained that "the applicant claimed 3+ years of foreign work experience to gain ITA whereas documents from employer had shown just[b] 2years 10 months[/b] of experience and going by that, his CRS score will be below the minimum score required for the draw as at that time".

After discussing this with him, I realized he goofed while entering into the pool by choosing 3+ years to arrive at his CRS score of 469 and didn't notice this while he was submitting his documents post ITA.

The 2nd issue raised was that Vo alleged "the applicant work experience was split up into 2 separate work experiences and work duration dates ADJUSTED to match LOE.

But actually, what happened here is that the applicant is a Dentist. He claimed Houseman ship experience betw Nov 2014 to Nov 2015. Then NYSC experience (in the same hospital) between MAY 2016 to APRIL 2017. The last experience he claimed is his current job(different hospital) which started from May 2017 till Jan 2018 (when he submitted)

Now if you notice in the first employer, there is a 5 MONTHS gap in between NOV 2014 to APRIL 2017. While filling the work history form, he realize the form would not allow any gap in between, so he filled the gap with an internship he never intended to claim point for so the form could allow him proceed. So I then realized this was what the VO probably described as WORK EXPERIENCE & DURATION DATES ADJUSTMENT.

Having said all these, I call on every elders on this forum to suggest to us the best way to go about this. Should he wait and allow the VO reject the application coz going by 2 years 10 months experiences he provided references for, his CRS will fall from 469 to 444 whereas the minimum score for his draw was 446.

OR can a raising a Specific Case Inquiry help him to avoid rejection of his application?

And hope he does not stand any chance of getting banned for misrepresentation?

I just stumbles into this question I don't know if someone has answered. But sincerely if I was in this position ( I am not sure I will ever be, because I am detailed when it comes to immigration, I cover every loop hole), I will call in to know the status of my application. Then explain to the agent on the phone what I just realized based on my submission and ask for his candid advise on how to proceed or way forward. Because I think the agent on line sees the notes on your application too.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by MummyJaygirls: 5:46pm On May 30, 2018
Pls what is BEng evaluated as by IQAS?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Randomsue: 5:54pm On May 30, 2018
PPR18:

AOR. April 15
MEP. April 21
IP1. April 21
IP2. May 16
ADR. May 16
ADR Submitted May 19
PPR May 30.
Thanks for the knowledge shared here. Goes back to silent reader. grin

Congratulations... Such speed!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by EngrKen8(m): 6:02pm On May 30, 2018
MummyJaygirls:
Pls what is BEng evaluated as by IQAS?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Bimsebony: 7:07pm On May 30, 2018
GlitteringStar:

14th week? shocked Na wa for BC. It will surely end in praise.

Yes ooo @GlitteringStar
Mo ti fi le Olorun lowo.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 30, 2018
unyted:
She might have genuinely underperformed in writing on that particular day. Stop these conjectures and unfound theories. With adequate preparations, you will score highly. People have had fantastic scores in Nigerian centres. If you write your IELTS test with this belief, it will be difficult to have a high grade.

The mistake people make is that they do not follow the expected writing partern expected by IELTS. It takes careful studying and preparation. Gather practice questions on writing, carefully study recommended solutions. Do some writing tests under exam condition and compare your answer with the recommended solution.

Ensure your writing has a good structure and pattern anf believe in yourself. I do not believe IELTS standard is different anywhere in the world. In fact, in some centers abroad, you are not allowed to use ear phones for your listening test. The audio passages are played out in the exam room. This is even more difficult.

All the best to all future IELTS takers.

Ohhhh, you were with her during the exam or you marked her script to know she underperformed? Or probably, you know more than who wrote the exam. Sabinus, I don see you. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 30, 2018
CRS Trend and Data analysis

Last Draw 23rd May - CRS 440.
Target for 2018 - 300,000 immigrants
Economic Class (EE+PNP) - 135,000 (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/supplementary-immigration-levels-2018.html)

Considering 1 ITA = 2.23 landed immigrants and an average rejection/decline rate of 30-33% (source open data for 2015/2016)
135000/2.23 = 60500 successful ITAs.
Add allowance for rejections of around 30% for sake of calculations, it is expected IRCC will need to issue around 87500-88000 ITAs (They issued similar numbers for 2017)

As of now, there have been 10 draws in 2018 with a total of 31000 ITAs.
Considering they will issue in the range of 87000-88000 ITAs for this year, that leaves us with roughly 56000 ITA for the remainder of the year. Since we are in the 22nd week of the year and a draw due next week, it is expected that there will be 16 draws for the remaining period of the year (Bi-weekly draw). This brings average draw size to 35000, which is what CIC is maintaining as of now.

Outlook
So unless they bring some variance in the draw size, by issuing an increased number of ITAs to over 4000+ and/or conduct back to back draws as they did in 2017, the scores CAN NOT drop below 438-439.
The reason for that is 100% increase in the EE pool from 44000 candidates in 2017 to 85000+ now.
Going by the averages for 2018, Nearly 240+ candidates enter the pool every day with scores of over 440.

The EE pool is dynamic and profiles expire, become ineligible or new ones are created each day. There are also candidates whose CRS scores increase due to better language scores, work experience, education or sibling points and then there are others whose CRS drops due to age or becomes ineligible due to expired IELTS/ECA.

So if they maintain 3500 ITAs per draw and bi-weekly draws, then it looks like an extremely bleak picture and a significant drop in CRS cannot be anticipated.

I am #foreverhopeful that CIC will take steps to reduce CRS by conducting back to back draws and increased ITAs per draw. The reason they may want to drop the CRS (even for a brief period) would be just to bring some balance in the pool and to allow a different mix of skill sets and profiles/backgrounds etc.
But can not speculate when that would happen.

#Copied

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ncmama: 7:12pm On May 30, 2018
Havent gotten mine either....and almost seems too late to write again.... isnt there a way we can complain to BC UK or so?.
yeyerolling:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 30, 2018
mcstan18:

In my opinion, I do not think this is enough grounds to ban him, but that depends on the VO handling his file. His application would most likely be rejected and his application fee not refunded weather he does something or not. However, he stands a good chance of not receiving a ban if he raises a CSE as soon as practicable and explain all that transpired in very clear and honest language. I hope he doesn't mess things up the more while trying to do that though

They dont just ban outrightly. A procedure fairness letter will be issued and based on his/her response, the VO will decide. Lets just pray that worst he/she will get is rejection. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Fuzzyman(f): 7:31pm On May 30, 2018
Hello gentlemen, ladies and the unknowns wink

Please those who have ITA and beyond should sign up for the IOM sessions.

It seems the Canadian government is cutting funding for this program and the final session holding in Nigeria is for August.

Register here www.planningforcanada.ca/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 30, 2018
For the skilled trades people amongst us...

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (619)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.