Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,850 members, 7,817,517 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (999264 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by koonlay5: 3:25pm On Apr 30, 2018
Its actually cheaper and faster. Wish I had seen this earlier.

Newmum0615:
I used gcmsbuddy and they were very fast (less than 2 weeks) and even cheaper too. They didn't ask for passport, just consent form signed by me and Newdad0615 wink. Just give it more time or request for another with gcmsbuddy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by smslive2: 3:25pm On Apr 30, 2018
Max 20 days after all your documents have been accepted by WES
gbemiigbal:
Verification of result was sent from my school to WES on Friday, when should I expect my ECA?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 3:28pm On Apr 30, 2018
hayor2014:
ALL YE ASYLUM SEEKERS COME AND LEARN OOOO

https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/fct/doc/2018/2018fc246/2018fc246.html?searchUrlHash=AAAAAQARYXN5bHVtIG9yIG5pZ2VyaWEAAAAAAQ&resultIndex=33

This applicant claimed she was being forced to marry a powerful Nigerian man to set off her fathers debt of 10 million Naira which her father owed to Alhaji for a failed investment. The Applicant describes Alhaji as a wealthy and powerful individual in Nigeria who has three wives and several bodyguards. To avoid the marriage, the Applicant alleges meeting with an agent through her church to apply for a student visa in Canada. The Applicant received the student visa in August 2016, arrived in Canada on October 11, 2016, and claimed refugee protection on December 5, 2016. - ---------he asylum application was DENIED

This is quite sad, How I wish my people can learn from this. You already got a student Visa and in Canada....why not continue your study? or go the EE route? now that person will be deported back to Nigeria. In as much we like the shortcut route, we should be ready to face the consequence.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by jelmusboy(m): 3:30pm On Apr 30, 2018
Concerning the issue of Nikkah certificate for Muslims, this is the response I got from CIC via Facebook. I believe this will solve all the mystery.

"Hello - Your mosque marriage certificate is acceptable documentation to prove your marriage if it’s accompanied by a document proving the marriage was registered in the proper official city/country registry. If not available, you may provide a child’s birth certificates with both parents’ names listed (if applicable), or wedding picture/invitations, as alternate proof. If not, provide two documents listing both names: bank account, credit cards, rental agreement, car insurance, driver’s licences with same address, joint utility accounts. See link for more info on spouse or partners: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html#spouse Note that you will need to provide a certified translation of the documents as well, if they are not in English or French. Thank you!"[b][/b]

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 3:39pm On Apr 30, 2018
How many years experience does the person have? For the person to claim that he or she is a supervisor or manager, e suppose don show small career progression naa. Most importantly though, the duties on his/her reference letter must align with the lead statement and at least 75-80% of the main duties listed under that NOC. If the person can't prove that he/she Plans, organizes, directs, controls and evaluates the operations of a manufacturing establishment or the operations or production department of a manufacturing establishment, then make e no even try.
It may be hard to convince a VO that someone straight outta university or college is already 'heading' a department of a company (even if na small bakery o). Them no go understand say everything is possible in Nigeria.

But that your concern is for employment requirements sha. Try and proof the experience first and worry about employment requirements later.

vickyehi:

Please for this noc

http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/Profile.aspx?val=0&val1=0911&ver=11

My person has a managerial position in a bakery but got it fresh out of uni. Concern is that somewhere on the requirements for the position it states:
*Business admin cert (which he has) and
*5-10years experience (which he didn't have)
Can he still claim points for it?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by anaxagoras: 3:40pm On Apr 30, 2018
Hello e-fam, i am at IP1 and i am trying to research on the Cities close to Toronto where i can live as i have heard that living in Toronto cost a lot.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated. I am considering this because i am an IT professional and i know that there are quite a number of IT jobs in Toronto.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Blackbuddy: 3:55pm On Apr 30, 2018
anaxagoras:
Hello e-fam, i am at IP1 and i am trying to research on the Cities close to Toronto where i can live as i have heard that living in Toronto cost a lot.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated. I am considering this because i am an IT professional and i know that there are quite a number of IT jobs in Toronto.

Thank you.

Hi, cities close to Toronto in the GTA - Greater Toronto Area one can consider living in while working in Toronto include, Mississauga, Brampton, Scarborough, Etobicoke, Oakville, Ajax, Milton, North York and Markham. There are others which are further away but as a newcomer, consider these ones named here in your research. All the best ahead.

21 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by xtosync: 3:57pm On Apr 30, 2018
Newmum0615:
I used gcmsbuddy and they were very fast (less than 2 weeks) and even cheaper too. They didn't ask for passport, just consent form signed by me and Newdad0615 wink. Just give it more time or request for another with gcmsbuddy.

Thank you for this information. $7.99USD seems tooo good. I am just like awwww! I just clicked on order now, none of my info demanded but card details. Can I use ATM Naira Mastercard or VISA (Debit Card) to make payment?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 4:01pm On Apr 30, 2018
To name a few: (source: google map)

Mississauga to Toronto: 37 mins by car
Brampton to Toronto: 41 mins by car
Burlington to Toronto: 50 mins by car
Richmond Hill to Toronto: 42 mins by car
Markham to Toronto: 34 mins by car

They all form part of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) in different Census Metropolitan Area, so you may also find them as expensive as Toronto. See GTA.

I see you have asked the question on our sister thread. They are in the best position to give you first hand experience on life there.

anaxagoras:

Thank you.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 4:02pm On Apr 30, 2018
I used GTB debit card and it worked. It charged me less than 3k.

xtosync:

Thank you for this information. $7.99USD seems tooo good. I am just like awwww! I just clicked on order now, none of my info demanded but card details. Can I use ATM Naira Mastercard or VISA (Debit Card) to make payment?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by anaxagoras: 4:07pm On Apr 30, 2018
[quote author=Newmum0615 post=67158709]To name a few: (source: google map)

They all form part of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), so you may also find them as expensive as Toronto. See GTA.

Thanks a lot

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by anaxagoras: 4:08pm On Apr 30, 2018
Blackbuddy:

Hi, cities close to Toronto in the GTA - Greater Toronto Area one can consider living in while working in Toronto include, Mississauga, Brampton, Scarborough, Etobicoke, Oakville, Ajax, Milton, North York and Markham. There are others which are further away but as a newcomer, consider these ones named here in your research. All the best ahead.

Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Randomsue: 4:13pm On Apr 30, 2018
Newmum0615:
Check your PM.

Seen and responded, thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ArabianRose(f): 4:24pm On Apr 30, 2018
Good day Sir, i am yet to get your response as per the mail discussion, kindly assist.

Newmum kiss HI
Blackbuddy:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 4:30pm On Apr 30, 2018
kiss kiss kiss
ArabianRose:
Good day Sir, i am yet to get your response as per the mail discussion, kindly assist.

Newmum kiss HI
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by DereI(f): 4:37pm On Apr 30, 2018
Hmmmm...Part 4. God bless us all. Amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by smslive2: 4:46pm On Apr 30, 2018
Newmum0615 and Newdad0615 have already mapped out where to live in Cannyland.... hehehe
Newmum0615:
To name a few: (source: google map)

They all form part of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) in different Census Metropolitan Area, so you may also find them as expensive as Toronto. See GTA.

I see you have asked the question on our sister thread. They are in the best position to give you first hand experience on life there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by vickyehi: 4:47pm On Apr 30, 2018
smslive2:
How do you get a managerial position without the relevant experience?
By having a "Surname" relevant to the position. kiss

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by vickyehi: 4:48pm On Apr 30, 2018
happytbaby:
How long has he worked there?

The key is the duties listed on the reference matching the lead statement and about 75% (at least) of the NOC duties.

3 years now.
Ok...thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 4:51pm On Apr 30, 2018
grin

smslive2:
Newmum0615 and Newdad0615 have already mapped out where to live in Cannyland.... hehehe
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by xtosync: 4:53pm On Apr 30, 2018
Newmum0615:
I used GTB debit card and it worked. It charged me less than 3k.

Thank you so much. Trying it out right away...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by vickyehi: 4:54pm On Apr 30, 2018
Newmum0615:
How many years experience does the person have?

But that your concern is for employment requirements sha. Try and proof the experience first and worry about employment requirements later.

What's your suggestion on the best way to move forward. Because he has actually been the manager for 3years now.
Being a small bakery he functions from the job of the manager to delivering the breads to the costumers.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 5:03pm On Apr 30, 2018
Let him get a reference letter detailing his duties and making it clear that he manages the bakery. He doesn't have to write that he delivers bread abeg. Since he has the same surname as owner, he can draft a good letter himself and get it signed. You can help him to do a good job and ensure that it closely matches the NOC classification. 3 years experience is good enough IMO. You can remind me tomorrow or Wednesday (cos of hols wink), let's draw up something.

vickyehi:

What's your suggestion on the best way to move forward. Because he has actually been the manager for 3years now.
Being a small bakery he functions from the job of the manager to delivering the breads to the costumers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by happytbaby: 5:06pm On Apr 30, 2018
Get the reference and apply, no stories. If Dangote pikin dey work for Dangote Refinery, does it mean it's not a valid job?

vickyehi:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Madcow(m): 5:16pm On Apr 30, 2018
Just got this response from LVO

Please be advised that your application is awaiting review by a migration officer in our London office.

We thank you for your patience at this time. Rest assured we will contact if you when we require further information or additional documents.

Sincerely,

VCM

Madcow:
Our seniors please advice.

I am Oct 24 AOR.
IP2 Feb 27

My file is in London Visa Office.

I sent an email today to London & CPC to enquire about my application since it had gone passed the 6 months waiting period... I got this response from CPC

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum.

Regards,

Please I will like timeline information from people post ppr who also received this email... To help me manage expectations.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by vickyehi: 5:17pm On Apr 30, 2018
Newmum0615:
Let him get a reference letter detailing his duties and making it clear that he manages the bakery. He doesn't have to write that he delivers bread abeg. Since he has the same surname as owner, he can draft a good letter himself and get it signed. You can help him to do a good job and ensure that it closely matches the NOC classification. 3 years experience is good enough IMO. You can remind me tomorrow or Wednesday (cos of hols wink), let's draw up something.

Thanks a lot........oya chop kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by fruitful2015: 5:17pm On Apr 30, 2018
@ ednut1 . Its a professional diploma.
The diploma is a two years diploma under HRDC.
I was even given certificate from certificate office.
Its a two years diploma, you will be given certificate and your name will even apear on the convocation list and if you wish you can request for direct entry to 200 level after the diploma.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by vickyehi: 5:18pm On Apr 30, 2018
happytbaby:
Get the reference and apply, no stories. If Dangote pikin dey work for Dangote Refinery, does it mean it's not a valid job?

Graciàs
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by mamacajah: 5:23pm On Apr 30, 2018
vickyehi:

in addition to what has been said, he also qualifies under the skilled trade as a baker.. he could look into that as well. wink
And right now bakers, cooks, butchers and chefs are the trade skills needed..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Chuchunana: 5:46pm On Apr 30, 2018
Hello house...A quick one... Please I want to find out if pension statements are accepted as part of POF...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 30, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by GirlieNtosh: 5:54pm On Apr 30, 2018
niobe77:

What email did you use in sending to Accra??

I need to forward to them. I need about 70 days extension with all this passport wahala but hopefully submit before then. Be nice to let us know the outcome of tomorrow's call

So i got a response from ottawa today and have gotten an extension till 26th of June. There was no need to call.

Hope this helps

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (619)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.